Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi
For your Information I just came back from Candian consulate NY. They told me it is taking 10 weeks for ottawa office to enter you medical results in to the system once they recieve it.
Just for every one who is waiting like me for PPR.
Thanks

questions about the terms

Hi, I am new to this thread. Can anyone explain what are the terms AOR, RD, AD, etc?

Thanks!

ROPR Fees

UPDATE: I received the cheque back from the mail today from the Consulate stating that I have not paid the correct amount. I had mailed the cheque with the old Right of Permanent Residence fees. They have requested that I send the fees as per the new fee schedule.

labor2002 said:
I mailed all the requested docs. (FBI Fingerprint check, bank statements, and Right of Permanent Residence Fees) in the last week of April 06.

Unfortunately, USPS messed up but as of now, their website now says the package was finally delivered to the Canadian Consulate in NY in the second week of May, 06. Phew!!!

Anyways, I have now submitted all the docs. as well as medicals to Ottawa.

My question for the learned members of the forum is this- Does anyone know how long does it take for the Canadian consulate to encash the ROPR fee cheque after it is delivered to them.

Reason being, owing to the USPS delay, I was just concerned and wanted to make sure that my mail has indeed reached the Consulate. Till date they haven't encashed my cheque.

same for me. I got my money order back yesterday.....
i was wondering, why couldnt they cash the amount and send me back the rest?? instead of wasting more time and effort???? anyway have to send the new money order soon...

Waiting for PP request

Mailed the cheque as per the revised IRPA fee schedule back to the Canadian Consulate. The waiting game starts now....

Help Request

Hi,

I applied for Canadian immigration in Nov 2005, got the AOR in Dec 2006 and then there is no news. I filed it with complete application meaning FBI/ PCC / English tests etc.

Do you guys have any idea how long will it take before I hear from Buffalo again. Is there a way to check where my application might be in the queue.

Thanks in advance.

How long is visa valid

When Buffalo stamps the visa on your passport, what is the validity of this visa. After obtaining the visa how long could we possibly wait before landing.

Thanks,

PV4466 said:
When Buffalo stamps the visa on your passport, what is the validity of this visa. After obtaining the visa how long could we possibly wait before landing.

Thanks,

It will say on the stamp.... :p
Normally it is one year from the day you completed your medical exam.

Stoned!

Received passports with Visa

Here is my timeline..

Applied : July 2004
AOR : Aug 2004
Asked to take IELTS : April 2005
IELTS score sent : July 2005
IA Received : November 2005
Medicals : Jan 2006
FBI etc : March 2006
PP request : June 2006
Visa : June 2006

Thanks to all of you on this forum. Need to prepare for landing before December 06.

PCC and FBI FP question - urgent

Submitted my application for PR this week but did not submit PCC and FBI FP.
I have submitted FP to FBI and waiting for results, but have not yet applied for PCC.

Questions :

1. Should I request for PCC ( India) from Indian Consulate and send it or wait till they ask for.

2. Do I need to apply for PCC thru Indian consulate only or I can get PCC directly from police station in India.

Appreciate the answers...
Sunny

I would suggest you wait for 7 or 8 months... and apply for PCC. You can do it here or in India. Doesnt matter. As long as you have it in English. IA's are normally coming in 1 year. So as soon as it comes you can send it. And PCC/FBI reports are valid only for 6 months.

PCC along with application or later ?

Do we need to submit PCC along with the application or wait till IA time for to obtain the PCC? Do they return the immigration application for not sending PCC along with the application at all ?

Thanks,

Thomas_Varghese said:
I would suggest you wait for 7 or 8 months... and apply for PCC. You can do it here or in India. Doesnt matter. As long as you have it in English. IA's are normally coming in 1 year. So as soon as it comes you can send it. And PCC/FBI reports are valid only for 6 months.

PV4466 said:
Do we need to submit PCC along with the application or wait till IA time for to obtain the PCC? Do they return the immigration application for not sending PCC along with the application at all ?

Thanks,

Hi
I don't think they send the application back for not sending the PCC as far as I know. Some send with the application because it clearly states in the guideline that you have to submit it along with the application. I did that. But there are who did not send. I think its ok without it atleast that way once you get an AOR you know you are in the line. As soon as you get all the police clearances send them that.

dhm2002

One more question - Photo

Thanks Verghese and others:

I forgot to paste the photos on the form(s) and instead sent 4 photos per membere as per requirment ( separate for each member in a separate enavalop with name/dob on one photo in each set and name/dob on each envelop).

I think that should work.

Any input ?

Sunny