Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Immigration web sites/law firm

Is is advisable to go thru immigration agency/website/law firm when applying for skilled worker PR ? Or do you folks apply on your own ?

Thanks

Our Own

We have applied by our own, thought we are intelligent enough to take care of it. Hope our thought was right. :)

Sunny

Got letter to go to Doctor again for more Medicals

I received a letter after 2.5 months I attended medicals from Canada saying that to goto the same doctor again for more tests. Doctor said that Canada wnats the report on Kidney function test. He did blood test and said that kidney function is normal. So, will it take again another 2 to 3 months to receive the Passport request letter? Could anyone please advise on this.

Photo requirements

Experts,

The Canada immigration application checklist states photo size as 35 mm by 45 mm or 1 and 3/8" by 1 and 3/4" size. Walmart, CVS, Ritz Photo all do 2inch by 2 inch and none seem to do the 35 X 45mm size in Virginia. So where does one get these pics taken?
Appreciate your help. This is holding my application process. Did not expect a hurdle at this photo step.

-Prem

Extension of PR visa on medical grounds ..Urgent..

We appled PR thro Buffalo, as we live in USA. We planned to land via road on may 2006, as our PR visa expires in Aug 2006. On the way to Canada we ended up in auto accident and we could not complete the travel and we could not land as per our travel plan.

Though, it was a high speed accident at major high way, luckily we all survived, due to the fact that we all got buckled with seat belt. We were immediately taken into a hospital for the medical help and diagnosis. Myself and my kids were completely alright with no injuries. However, my wife got injury in her back. She needs rest and some medical tretment (physical therphy), untill she recovers to normal. Therefore, we are not in a situation to land in Canada before the expiry of the visa. In this situation, I intend to send a letter to buffalo consulate to extend the visa by 6 months. Will they accept my request based on humanitarian grouds? In this situation, what is the option for me? Experts through some lights ..

Thanks

Medicals.....Can you plesae advise

mystatus123 said:
I received a letter after 2.5 months I attended medicals from Canada saying that to goto the same doctor again for more tests. Doctor said that Canada wnats the report on Kidney function test. He did blood test and said that kidney function is normal. So, will it take again another 2 to 3 months to receive the Passport request letter? Could anyone please advise on this.

pakrish said:
Experts,

The Canada immigration application checklist states photo size as 35 mm by 45 mm or 1 and 3/8" by 1 and 3/4" size. Walmart, CVS, Ritz Photo all do 2inch by 2 inch and none seem to do the 35 X 45mm size in Virginia. So where does one get these pics taken?
Appreciate your help. This is holding my application process. Did not expect a hurdle at this photo step.

-Prem
hi! i had mine done at Costco (2x2) and just borrowed their cutter and trimmed the photo to the right size. hope this helps.

JEYA_CAN said:
We appled PR thro Buffalo, as we live in USA. We planned to land via road on may 2006, as our PR visa expires in Aug 2006. On the way to Canada we ended up in auto accident and we could not complete the travel and we could not land as per our travel plan.

Though, it was a high speed accident at major high way, luckily we all survived, due to the fact that we all got buckled with seat belt. We were immediately taken into a hospital for the medical help and diagnosis. Myself and my kids were completely alright with no injuries. However, my wife got injury in her back. She needs rest and some medical tretment (physical therphy), untill she recovers to normal. Therefore, we are not in a situation to land in Canada before the expiry of the visa. In this situation, I intend to send a letter to buffalo consulate to extend the visa by 6 months. Will they accept my request based on humanitarian grouds? In this situation, what is the option for me? Experts through some lights ..

Thanks

Hi
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad that everybody is ok. I am no expert but you should submit whatever accident related documents you have along with your request. Police reports, hospital reports anything you can get your hands on to make your case. Also maybe going thru lawyer might help?? They may know Canadian Immigration law in more details. See if you can get consulatation( paid or free) with lawyer for this issue ( maybe Rajiv Khanna?)
On the other hand just sending a letter along with documents will suffice.

dhm2002

dhm2002 said:
Hi
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad that everybody is ok. I am no expert but you should submit whatever accident related documents you have along with your request. Police reports, hospital reports anything you can get your hands on to make your case. Also maybe going thru lawyer might help?? They may know Canadian Immigration law in more details. See if you can get consulatation( paid or free) with lawyer for this issue ( maybe Rajiv Khanna?)
On the other hand just sending a letter along with documents will suffice.

dhm2002

I feel the same, send all the accident related documents with your request. Fax is the better option. Save some time.

No AOR , nothing.

I submitted my application on 6/26/06. So far no reply of what so ever.
Does it take some time to get AOR ?. How much ? Any figure will help.

sunny27 said:
I submitted my application on 6/26/06. So far no reply of what so ever.
Does it take some time to get AOR ?. How much ? Any figure will help.

Hi
I got my AOR after 15 days but I think time varies

dhm2002

Document / photo with PP request

Hi,

I am expecting PP request in a few days. Please let me know, if along with the passport, do we need send any documents /photogaphs ?

Thanks,

Mezz

helpmezz said:
Hi,

I am expecting PP request in a few days. Please let me know, if along with the passport, do we need send any documents /photogaphs ?

Thanks,

Mezz

You will need to sent 3 pp photos for all the applicants. They asked me for the pp photos

Time Line

helpmezz said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Mezz

Can you please provide your time line for the process. I have applied in Oct 2005 with a AOR of Nov1 05. I have not heard anything since.

Canadian Immigration Timelines

Applied Jan 05
AOR Mar 05
Case transferred from Buffalo to local Area Consulate - Jan 06
Interview/IELTS Waived and FBI FP/Bank Statement/ROPR Fees/Medical Request - Feb 06
Requested Docs Sent May 06
Medicals Sent - May 06
Fees Sent - June 06
ROPR Fees Cashed by Consulate - July 06

labor2002 said:
Applied Jan 05
AOR Mar 05
Case transferred from Buffalo to local Area Consulate - Jan 06
Interview/IELTS Waived and FBI FP/Bank Statement/ROPR Fees/Medical Request - Feb 06
Requested Docs Sent May 06
Medicals Sent - May 06
Fees Sent - June 06
ROPR Fees Cashed by Consulate - July 06

hi

do you mind telling us which consulate yr application was sent to? mine got transferred to LA in march, AOR may 2005. just trying to figure out the timelines at local consulates.

thanks
dhm2002