Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Question on English Lang Proficiency

Hello,

I have applied for my Permanent Res in Canada under Skilled Worker category in Jan-06 at Buffalo center. Couple of weeks back, I have received a letter saying that I have to take a test to prove my lang proficiency. They mentioned that if I don't respond with result of lang ability test in 90 days, they will treat my application without the lang skills.

Question: If I don't respond, do they consider No skills or Basic skills? Can anyone share the experiencr or thoughts?

Thanks

beam2006 said:
Hello,

I have applied for my Permanent Res in Canada under Skilled Worker category in Jan-06 at Buffalo center. Couple of weeks back, I have received a letter saying that I have to take a test to prove my lang proficiency. They mentioned that if I don't respond with result of lang ability test in 90 days, they will treat my application without the lang skills.

Question: If I don't respond, do they consider No skills or Basic skills? Can anyone share the experiencr or thoughts?

Thanks

Hi beam2006

I am not an expert but I thought I will share something with you. I had the same situation back is Aug 2005. I took the test and I got 12 points after the test. Later on I ordered caips notes and I found out that the officer was going to give me 10 Points with out an official test score. So basically it depends on
1.) where and what field you works on last several years and
2.) what documents you submitted as supporting documents for your language efficiency.

Since they've asked to take the test, If you have given some supporting document and you have worked in USA for last several years then you might be awarded about 10 points.

But in my case 10 points would not have secured me a passing score but 12 points did!!!! :) . So all depends on your points, supporting documents,field and place of previous work.

Hope this is useful
Regards WAL

mariner555 said:
hi,
I hope this is the right forum. if not, I will appreciate an answer to my question.
if I apply for canadian PR (say in this week), then when can I expect to get approved. (i.e to enter canada as a PR).
I am in USA on H1B and I am tired of waiting for GC/yearly extensions ..Thanks !!

- 12-20 mnoths from the date of application - people who applied in early 2005 are currently getting their visa stamping calls - also depends on your nationality -

See timelines on www.yogi799.com . Click "Buffalo" on the main page

Canada Timelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by labor2002
Applied Jan 05
AOR Mar 05
Case transferred from Buffalo to local Area Consulate - Jan 06
Interview/IELTS Waived and FBI FP/Bank Statement/ROPR Fees/Medical Request - Feb 06
Requested Docs Sent May 06
Medicals Sent - May 06
Fees Sent - June 06
ROPR Fees Cashed by Consulate - July 06
Medicals Received - Status update on CIC portal - July 06
Passport Request Received - August 06

Hope this helps the other members of the forum guage timelines for their individual cases.

Good luck.

Got Rprf

AIR_CANADA-

I received letter to pay Request of Permanant Resident Fee. But my status on the website for Medicals is not updated.
1) Do you think RPRF means...Medicals are approved? Could you please advise what will be the next step?
2) Some people in this forum are saying "RPRF/ROPR Cash has cashed by Consulate. We send some Bank Draft/MO.....then how do they know that it has been cashed?

Received Letter pay ROPR Fee.....What next

labor2002 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by labor2002
Applied Jan 05
AOR Mar 05
Case transferred from Buffalo to local Area Consulate - Jan 06
Interview/IELTS Waived and FBI FP/Bank Statement/ROPR Fees/Medical Request - Feb 06
Requested Docs Sent May 06
Medicals Sent - May 06
Fees Sent - June 06
ROPR Fees Cashed by Consulate - July 06
Medicals Received - Status update on CIC portal - July 06
Passport Request Received - August 06

Hope this helps the other members of the forum guage timelines for their individual cases.

Good luck.

Hi Labour2002 & AIR_CANADA -
I sent medicals and Police/FBI clearance letters to Canada. Yesterday I received letter to pay ROPR Fee. My status for Medicals is not updated on CIC portal. Could you please explain me whether my Medicals are done? or they are still pending? What is the next step after I pay ROPR fee?

mystatus123-
(1) I am not sure if RPRF means that Medicals are approved. The only way to find that out is by ordering CAIPS notes. But I wouldn't worry about ordering CAIPS if your interview has been waived, and there hasn't been a significant delay in your case (you can compare timelines on www.yogi799.com)

(2) If you have the copy of your Bank Draft/MO, you can call your bank Customer Service and find out the date when the Bank Draft/MO was encashed. Mine took almost a month before it was encashed by the Consulate.

(3) Regarding Medicals on CIC portal, it currently takes about 8 - 10 weeks from the date of medical records receipt at Ottawa to processing and update on the CIC portal. So, wait until 8 -10 weeks from the date they were received at Ottawa. You can find the date of receipt from your doctor's office. Also, I know some members of the forum have stated before that their medical records were never updated on the portal, but they got the PP request. So, no need to panic if your record isn't updated even if it is more than 10 weeks.

(4) Once you pay your ROPR fees, and if your interview is waived, all documents submitted, and medicals are clear, then you will receive the Passport request in about 6 weeks from the date the Consulate encashes your Bank draft/MO for ROPR fees.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

mystatus123 said:
AIR_CANADA-

I received letter to pay Request of Permanant Resident Fee. But my status on the website for Medicals is not updated.
1) Do you think RPRF means...Medicals are approved? Could you please advise what will be the next step?
2) Some people in this forum are saying "RPRF/ROPR Cash has cashed by Consulate. We send some Bank Draft/MO.....then how do they know that it has been cashed?

mystatus123 said:
Hi Labour2002 & AIR_CANADA -
I sent medicals and Police/FBI clearance letters to Canada. Yesterday I received letter to pay ROPR Fee. My status for Medicals is not updated on CIC portal. Could you please explain me whether my Medicals are done? or they are still pending? What is the next step after I pay ROPR fee?

mariner555 said:
hi,
I hope this is the right forum. if not, I will appreciate an answer to my question.
if I apply for canadian PR (say in this week), then when can I expect to get approved. (i.e to enter canada as a PR).
I am in USA on H1B and I am tired of waiting for GC/yearly extensions ..Thanks !!

I'm in the same situation. Already tired of doing the yearly extensions on my H1-B. Next month, I'll be extending it again for my 11th year. I'm almost done with filling up the application for PR Canada. I might be able to mail it by next week. Some have posted that it will take about 12 - 20 months. This is a lot better than waiting for our GC. Good luck.

Question for the gurus

Hi all,
Had 2 quick questions, any inputs would be greatly appreciated -

1. I've already applied for canadian PR and got the AOR. I was wondering what the next communication from the consulate will be. Will they notify me when my case is transferred to local, or when the initial assesment is done? Or will it be directly when they request a medical?

2. When is the best time to subscribe to CAPIS notes. Is it of any real use?

Thanks in advance for u're answers.

goingtocanada said:
Hi all,
Had 2 quick questions, any inputs would be greatly appreciated -

1. I've already applied for canadian PR and got the AOR. I was wondering what the next communication from the consulate will be. Will they notify me when my case is transferred to local, or when the initial assesment is done? Or will it be directly when they request a medical?

2. When is the best time to subscribe to CAPIS notes. Is it of any real use?

Thanks in advance for u're answers.

Hi
I am no guru but I can answer this, having gone thru it recently. If your case is transferred to the local consulate it is before the initial assessment. They do not transfer all cases so yours may not get transferred from Buffalo. Medical forms are sent with IA. If no interview is required then in most of the cases medicals are requested to be done immediately.

CAPIS notes are requested usually after IA. How much use it is I don't know.
You can requaest it before IA if you want.

So first, case transfer letter (if any), then Initial Assessment Letter requesting interview (may not happen), medicle forms, any other documents, once all this is sent then the Passport Request that is the ususally the communication chain from CIC

dhm2002

After your apply, it takes almost a year or more to get next communication. If the consulate you applied has more applications to handle, they will transfer it to one of the local offices.
In my case, they sent a letter saying that my case is transfered to NY office after a year I applied. Immediately after that the NY office replied with IA. Based upon the initial Assessment your letter will be different. Can be more docs, or no docs, direct medicals etc. You cant tell anything until you get IA. So wait for that.

Not much idea abt CAIPES notes. But I would say its better to wait till you get your IA. At that time you will have an idea what they might be expecting.

All the best. Everything will come properly.

Received passports from Buffalo

I received passports from Buffalo. Thanks alot to air_canada, labor2002, whatalabor and ALL people of this forum. Not yet decided when to land. Now, I will concentrate on landing experiences forum. BEST WISHES TO ALL.

WhatALabor said:
Hi beam2006

I am not an expert but I thought I will share something with you. I had the same situation back is Aug 2005. I took the test and I got 12 points after the test. Later on I ordered caips notes and I found out that the officer was going to give me 10 Points with out an official test score. So basically it depends on
1.) where and what field you works on last several years and
2.) what documents you submitted as supporting documents for your language efficiency.

Since they've asked to take the test, If you have given some supporting document and you have worked in USA for last several years then you might be awarded about 10 points.

But in my case 10 points would not have secured me a passing score but 12 points did!!!! :) . So all depends on your points, supporting documents,field and place of previous work.

Hope this is useful
Regards WAL

Same here, I applied in Aug 05 and provided a proof for english language proficiency but I got a letter to undergo the english test to prove the proficiency. I scored 7,7,7 and 7.5 in all the skills hence I got 16 points. Later I also learned from my caips report that without the test the officer awarded only 8 points (that was way to less then I guessed).. so it all depends. I believe it is for our safety to give the english test and secure actual maximum points without leaving any doubts.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, mystatus123!!!

I am in the same stage, I just sent in my passport for stamping, am awaiting their return. Plan to land sometime later in Nov-Dec.

I have a couple of questions for you-

1. When did you send your passport to the Canadian Embassy?
2. Did you send it by mail?
3. If so, How long did it take you to get your stamped passport back?

4. Also you mention Buffalo. Was your case not transferred to a local consulate?

mystatus123 said:
I received passports from Buffalo. Thanks alot to air_canada, labor2002, whatalabor and ALL people of this forum. Not yet decided when to land. Now, I will concentrate on landing experiences forum. BEST WISHES TO ALL.

Transferred to local

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I sent my initial application to Buffalo in September 2005 . The AOR letter came within couple of weeks of application. I recently received a letter ( September 2006) stating that my application was sent to Detroit.
Does this mean that i passed the initial assesment stage ? Or will Detroit office decide that ?
I appreciate any input. Thanks

Question regarding IA

Detroit will make a determination. Good luck.

ohioperm said:
Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I sent my initial application to Buffalo in September 2005 . The AOR letter came within couple of weeks of application. I recently received a letter ( September 2006) stating that my application was sent to Detroit.
Does this mean that i passed the initial assesment stage ? Or will Detroit office decide that ?
I appreciate any input. Thanks

Where to send the fingerprints

Hi guys,

I am getting ready to send my application for permanent resident as a skilled worker.
I am not sure where to send the fingerprints to?

Please advice.
Thanks a lot.