Buffalo Tracker (please add)

yep, bec. you received a transfer letter. i've read in other forums that when they send you a transfer letter then soon after the IA arrives. hope you get yours soon. :) could you let me know if they request for fbi/police clearance again?

if you don't mind me asking, where are you from and what nationality? did you write them a letter to prove your english proficiency?

wishing you luck,
zad

zad886 said:
hi dhm2002 and inqsit,

just curious, when in May 2005 did you receive your AOR? when did you receive the transfer letter?

hope to hear from you...thanks!
zad

i dont remember the exact date of AOR but it was around may 15 2005 and
got transfer letter on march 13 2006

inqsit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi zad
I am an Indian (from Mumbai/ Bombay) here in US for almost 6 years now yes I did write a letter for English proficiency.
will let you know if they request IELTs and FBI clearence (they always do I think as the FP results are valid for 1 year only. Just like the I - 485 case.)

dhm2002

zad886 said:
yep, bec. you received a transfer letter. i've read in other forums that when they send you a transfer letter then soon after the IA arrives. hope you get yours soon. :) could you let me know if they request for fbi/police clearance again?

if you don't mind me asking, where are you from and what nationality? did you write them a letter to prove your english proficiency?

wishing you luck,
zad

thanks inqsit and dhm2002! :)

did your AORs state how far back of the apps that they were processing? mine had 36 weeks on it.

inqsit, did you submit all docs too with your initial app? do you mind letting me know where you're from and your nationality? just curious as to what they will request in your IA. (same goes with you dhm2002 :) )

as for the fp, i've seen others get their IAs way over 6 mos (which is the validity of the fbi clearance) almost close to a year and they were not requested to resubmit them. so hopefully we won't have to. :)

hope to hear from both of you...
zad

AOR March 2005

Hi all,
My AOR is March 2005 and last month I recieved a letter saying that my file has been transferred to Detroit Center from Buffalo Center.
When can I expect my IA. Is it one of the steps before getting IA.
Please provide some insight.

Thank you,
Madhura

Mine was also the same AOR date.... got letter stating that it was transferred to NY office. After 3 weeks got IA from NY office asking me to appear for medicals and to send PCC's and landing fee.

My AOR also is March 2005 and my file was transferred to LA last month.I have'nt received my IA yet.I send my PC from India 2 months after sending my application and also send my FBI FP results in oct 2005 or NOV 2005 .Does anybody know if the PCC from India and the FBI FP results will be valid and will they consider it?

Did anybody from LA with the AOR as mine have got their IA?

Thanks.

zad886 said:
thanks inqsit and dhm2002! :)

did your AORs state how far back of the apps that they were processing? mine had 36 weeks on it.

inqsit, did you submit all docs too with your initial app? do you mind letting me know where you're from and your nationality? just curious as to what they will request in your IA. (same goes with you dhm2002 :) )

as for the fp, i've seen others get their IAs way over 6 mos (which is the validity of the fbi clearance) almost close to a year and they were not requested to resubmit them. so hopefully we won't have to. :)

hope to hear from both of you...
zad

I am from India. Did submit IELTS and PCC from India with my initial application. Got FBI fingerprint results done in June 2005 and sent it to
buffalo in Jan 2006 (now I realize I should have sent it right away) may be they will ask for it again.

And looks like from reply of vvdv2003 above, there is still going to be a few weeks (months?) wait before getting anything from LA consulate..

inqsit

billofempire said:
Did you receive letter if Interview?
I am planning to go to Ottawa. :)
Where are you in Los Angeles?
I am in Northridge in San Fernando Valley
Thanks
Hi Billofempire!
Our law firm requested the Caips for us and found out that they need my husband's Masters Degree which was never submitted.We are trying to get it from our country and submit that.we havent done the medical yet but thinking of getting the fbi clearence.
I live in Ontario near San Bernardino.
We are planning to move to Vancouver.
Thanks

March 2005 AOR

Hi all,
Anybody got their IA with March 05 AOR timeline (apart from Thomas).
Please share your experiences.

Thomas_Varghese said:
Mine was also the same AOR date.... got letter stating that it was transferred to NY office. After 3 weeks got IA from NY office asking me to appear for medicals and to send PCC's and landing fee.

Hi Thomas!

do you mind sharing your timeline and letting us know where you're from and your nationality?

thanks,
Zad :)

I am in US now and Indian.

Timeline:
Applied to Buffalo from US: Feb 2005
AOR: March 2005
File transfered to NY on beginning of Feb 2006
IA received towards the end of: Feb 2006

Will be completing medicals this month end.

Applied for PCC (Indian Consulate) - Jan 2006
Received PCC - Feb Mid, 2006
Applied for FBI - Feb Mid, 2006
Waiting for FBI.

New to this forum.

Hi All,
I am bit new to this forum. Here are my application details. I've sent the application to Buffalo, NY. Though I sent an effective letter, to 'show off ' my proficiency in English, they asked me to take IELTS. :p May be I did not put on the spell-check while drafting the letter. :D

Acknowledgment of receipt (AOR) : April 2005
IELTS Requested on : June 2005
IELTS test results sent on : September 2005
Application Transferred to LA on : March 2006

Not sure of next steps in the process.

Initial assessment (IA) : ?
Interview : ?

hi orangecounty!

reading through the forums, it seems that after your file is transferred, IA will follow soon after. (though i've read others receiving their IAs without their files being transferred) anyway, it will state whether they will require you to go for an interview or not. you will then be asked to do medicals and other docs will be requested, if need be. while these are being requested, a background check on you is done. if all turns out fine, then they will request for your passport and a visa will be issued. how long will this process be??? well, it varies from each individual. hope this helps a bit. :)

btw, when did you apply? do you mind letting us know your nationality?

:) zad

you're most certainly welcome, orangecounty!

how long have you been in the US? could the IELTS request have anything to do with that? i wonder...

Ielts !

I have been here in US since last six years. I did my MCA from a good University in South India. At that time, two of my friends who applied after me, also got to take IELTS as per Consular officer request. They are from the same University. We thought may be that University might be black listed or some thing else. But later we saw so many people are asked to take IELTS.