Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Looks like they are performing Initial Assessments for May and April Applications.

Anyone here in with a June application received an IA?

Hi Runaway

runaway73 said:
Looks like they are performing Initial Assessments for May and April Applications.

Anyone here in with a June application received an IA?

Mine is in May 13.I saw some one in this forum AOR june got their IA.I dont know whats going on?
AOR-May13
IA-Waiting.

waiting_forever said:
Hi, I just mailed my passports in. I have seen in immigration.ca that if you have less than a couple of weeks they would give you 6 months to land....

I also callled up a freind's friend about the issue. he concurred the same. It is too much of a rush to go to canada now.

waiting_forever,

Thanks for information. It gave me also some relief. Because my medical is expiring in March 2005. So, hopefully I would also get some more time to land.

Let's see.

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Police Clearance Certifcate from the India Consulate in NY ? I submitted applications for myself and my wife on 5-Jan-2005. I have not heard anything so far. I did not submit original passport but copies only. They say on the websait it may take upto 45 days, but I wanted to know what has been peoples experience. Please do take a minute to respond if you have experience with this.

sertra2002 said:
Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Police Clearance Certifcate from the India Consulate in NY ? I submitted applications for myself and my wife on 5-Jan-2005. I have not heard anything so far. I did not submit original passport but copies only. They say on the websait it may take upto 45 days, but I wanted to know what has been peoples experience. Please do take a minute to respond if you have experience with this.
there are posts in this forum which gives the time frame and procedure/alternatives of getting Indian PCC. Do you need FBI clearance as well? since the FBI takes about 9 weeks. Good luck

Hi, I put a question on this forum about what I should do about submitting my US W2 statements in original. I was advised by a member of this forum to submit notorized copies of my US W2 statements.
I went to my bank to get them notorized. But they looked at my copies and said that these are not meant to be notorized. I need some official to attest that he(she) has verified the copies with the originals and that they are true copies. I'm not sure who I should approach to get this done. Do any of you have any idea. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Wilson

This as been answered numerous times by Johar Ali.
I did not send notorized only photocopies. I have received the stamped passport back with immigrant visa from them already. hope that helps.

wilsondavid said:
Hi, I put a question on this forum about what I should do about submitting my US W2 statements in original. I was advised by a member of this forum to submit notorized copies of my US W2 statements.
I went to my bank to get them notorized. But they looked at my copies and said that these are not meant to be notorized. I need some official to attest that he(she) has verified the copies with the originals and that they are true copies. I'm not sure who I should approach to get this done. Do any of you have any idea. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Wilson

notorized copies

wilsondavid said:

Thanks,
Wilson
Go to state gov office they will notorize for you,but they charge $5.00 per copy.Good luck

chicagopains said:
Go to state gov office they will notorize for you,but they charge $5.00 per copy.Good luck
If you would really like to notarize it then here is the catch:
originals needs not to be notarized so thus the bank told you as such.
All you have to ask them that you need a photocopy of the w-2 to be notarized and take a photocopy and the origianl with you and save your five $. Good luck

Johar Ali said:
there are posts in this forum which gives the time frame and procedure/alternatives of getting Indian PCC. Do you need FBI clearance as well? since the FBI takes about 9 weeks. Good luck

joharali,

I did search and found a few posts mentioning procedures on how to get the PCC, but none talks about alternatives to the Indian PCC. Can you pount me to one, or can you tell me what is/are the alternatives.

I do not need the FBI clearance, this was submitted with my application. My IA ask for Indian PCC, medicals, background info and proof of funds funds.

sertra2002 said:
joharali,

I did search and found a few posts mentioning procedures on how to get the PCC, but none talks about alternatives to the Indian PCC. Can you pount me to one, or can you tell me what is/are the alternatives.

I do not need the FBI clearance, this was submitted with my application. My IA ask for Indian PCC, medicals, background info and proof of funds funds.
The alternative is getting it from your home town. It may also require your pictures but can be done faster. You can mail passport size pictures through FEDex/USPS. They also require a photocopy of the first 4 pages of the passport and any other ID and here you go. I had mine doen form Pakistan in 10-15 days. You may follow both ways. If you get delays from the consulate you will not be bothered. Good luck

don't wait, call them and send orgianl passport

sertra2002 said:
Hi,

U have to call them, and tell them u mailed to copies of passport ,and tell some storeis saying that the deadline date for applying to immigration is approaching, than they will ask u to send orgianl passport, usally it takes 30 days., in my case i applied jan'12th and i called 4 times than at last they asked me to send orgianl passport on 4th feb., i got it back on 10th feb., your problem will solve. :)

FBI, WILL TAKE 4 DAYS- alternate route

for those who want FBI report soon, just mention about the deadline date in letter, and write the deadline date on top of letter, so u will get within 4 days. :)

Advice on what I should do..

Hi guru's need your advise on how to proceed.

Initial Date of application: Feb 2003
Address changed, faxed info to buffalo, updated on the web
Appraisal : Recd April 2004 ( letter dated jan 2004) forwarded to new address
Medicals Done : April 14 2004.
Additional Documentation mailed along with FBI report : May 15 2004.

Have not heard anything about the status. Faxed status requests 3 times in last 21 days.

Is there a particular format in which the Status request is to be faxed? Is there a number I can all? I tried calling the mission number and they redirected to the immigration tel number which I guess is set up to stonewall everything( ofcourse no human ever touches it )

What should I do now?

appreciate any similar experiences and remedies or course of action to be taken

thanks

kris

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the AOR once we send them documents?? I applied in Nov 7th and they returned me for asking more docs. I sent them back on nov 17th. till now I have n't received the reciept number..

- Sreedhar