Buffalo Tracker (please add)

can_card said:
I have sent all the documents initally except FBI clearence.
What document typically RPC will request after IA of my application (if they waive Interview & IELTS score)? Howmuch time normaly require to prepare & send all the documents ?.

Appreciate if someone inform the details of additional documents to be prepared when replying IA letter.

Thanks
normally 90 days for medical 60 days.
they will probably request:
FBI clearance.
your country PCC.
employer letter/letters.
for some people they requested w-2

Got PCC from Middle East.... Does it need translation.

Hi,
I applied for my PCC from Middle East (Saudi) and I got it recently.
The Police Clearance is in Arabic, Do I need to get it translated by a certified English to Arabic Translator then send it with Original or just to send the original.
Pls let me know if some one had such experience.
Regards,
JRF.

Mistake in passport and cPR document

I got Passport back from Buffalo after Visa stamping. There is mistake in My wife's middle Name. Middle name is wrong on Visa and CPR document.

I am planning to send Fax to them explaining that there is error on Name.

Has anyone come across similar situation and how long does it take to correct the mistake

Thanks,

Hi Johar Ali, JRFF

I worked two years in UAE (Abudhabi & Dubai), before coming to USA. It was 5 years back. Do I need to take PCC from UAE too? If yes, JRFF or anybody can advice me how to take PCC from UAE? Thanks for your information in advance.

Gc Pain said:
I worked two years in UAE (Abudhabi & Dubai), before coming to USA. It was 5 years back. Do I need to take PCC from UAE too? If yes, JRFF or anybody can advice me how to take PCC from UAE? Thanks for your information in advance.
sorry to say that you do require PCC from any country you lived longer than 6 months so the answer is yes. How to get it? There are many people who tried it and you can find it on this forum. It is complicated but some people from India have tried to get it from their own country consulate and have mailed it in but never heard back form them. Let see if they will post anythign for you.. Good luck

pearl11142002 said:
I got Passport back from Buffalo after Visa stamping. There is mistake in My wife's middle Name. Middle name is wrong on Visa and CPR document.

I am planning to send Fax to them explaining that there is error on Name.

Has anyone come across similar situation and how long does it take to correct the mistake

Thanks,
There was one person on this forum who had a similar situation. However as advised, yo need to informthem of the error and then follow whatever they tell you. The person who had similar problem was instructed to land with the error bu the/she insisted on making correction before landing. I suggest follow whatever they tell you to.. Just go ahead and fax but it is no big deal. :)

JRFF said:
Hi,
I applied for my PCC from Middle East (Saudi) and I got it recently.
The Police Clearance is in Arabic, Do I need to get it translated by a certified English to Arabic Translator then send it with Original or just to send the original.
Pls let me know if some one had such experience.
Regards,
JRF.
you most probably need translation and if I were you I will mail both original and its translation and will keep copies. Good luck

Is Right of permanent Residence fee same as Landing fee?

Johar Ali said:
due to exchange rate the fee has gone up so check CIC official website for current fee. It will also be mentioned once you get IA letter from CIC.

Johar

I have no recd any IA letter from CIC but they put a note on the fax I sent to them requesting status saying Right of Landing fee is requested. No specific amount is mentioned on it.

This is what i found on the CIC website

Right of Permanent Residence Fee US$
Each principal applicant, Right of Permanent Residence Fee US$ Each principal applicant, Spouse, Common-law or Conjugal partner $820

Is this fee same as the one they want me to pay

Right of Permanent Residence Fee = Right of Landing?

appreciate some help here..

thanks

kris

kris7077:
Yes they are the saem but if you live in US, pay it in US dollars since it will be easier and cost effective to do so. Good luck..

Hello everybody, my IA was done in December 1st week. I was asked to submit the following documents again.

1. PCC (FBI and India)
2. Employment Verification letter
3. Pay Stubs, Bank statements
4. W2 forms
5. Transcripts from my college
6. Section A form for my medicals.

But following questions have been eating up my mind
1. One of the papers they sent me has an option "Language profiency proof", but that was not check marked (I submitted my MS Thesis as proof of my English profeciency at the time of submitting my application). So, do I assume that I need not take the IELTS test.
2. I have scanned all the papers they have sent me, no where it is mentioned that I will have an interview or my interview is waived. So, any idea what will be in my case. Will I or won't I have an interview.
3. My 90 days period will be over first week of March. Any idea how long it will take from there to hear anything from them. I check the 'yogi' site and looks like it takes an average of 4 months after u submit the documents.

Could anyone please share their expertise on these questions I have. THanks in advance!.

I was confused too when I read the letter for the first time. Compared mine with one of my friends. They have a standard format I guess which kind of says that they have finished processing your application and do not think you need to appear for an interview at the current time but may need to appear for an interview at a later stage.

The list that you have stated below looks very similar to mine. Please re-read the letter to check if it on the similar lines as I mentioned above. Hope this helps.

Anyone else have any ideas on this case ?

wilsondavid said:
Hello everybody, my IA was done in December 1st week. I was asked to submit the following documents again.

1. PCC (FBI and India)
2. Employment Verification letter
3. Pay Stubs, Bank statements
4. W2 forms
5. Transcripts from my college
6. Section A form for my medicals.

But following questions have been eating up my mind
1. One of the papers they sent me has an option "Language profiency proof", but that was not check marked (I submitted my MS Thesis as proof of my English profeciency at the time of submitting my application). So, do I assume that I need not take the IELTS test.
2. I have scanned all the papers they have sent me, no where it is mentioned that I will have an interview or my interview is waived. So, any idea what will be in my case. Will I or won't I have an interview.
3. My 90 days period will be over first week of March. Any idea how long it will take from there to hear anything from them. I check the 'yogi' site and looks like it takes an average of 4 months after u submit the documents.

Could anyone please share their expertise on these questions I have. THanks in advance!.

Medical & FBI steps

Appreciate if someone posts step by step procedure of FBI finger printing and medical examination in US. It will help all the applicants waithin for IA and it may help to avoid repeated posting on this issues

Is 60/90 days time enough to get the FBI report and medical? When we recive IA, what should be the first step in FBI finger printing? Are we required to blank form initally from FBI? Will FBI send the report to us or to the RPC directly? What will be the average cost of medical exam in US? What kind of medical exam they perform?

If someone post in main thread (sticky), it will be great.

can_card said:
Appreciate if someone posts step by step procedure of FBI finger printing and medical examination in US. It will help all the applicants waithin for IA and it may help to avoid repeated posting on this issues

Is 60/90 days time enough to get the FBI report and medical? When we recive IA, what should be the first step in FBI finger printing? Are we required to blank form initally from FBI? Will FBI send the report to us or to the RPC directly? What will be the average cost of medical exam in US? What kind of medical exam they perform?

If someone post in main thread (sticky), it will be great.

FBI fingerprinting takes a long time nowadays (more than 2 months). The procedure for this is to go to a local fingerprinting authority ( could be DMV, police dept, private places). Tell them that you need to get fingerprinted for Canadian Immigration. Most likely they will have the blue 10 finger FBI form. Make sure they have digital scanner for fingerprinting. Ink prints can get smudged sometimes. Take these prints and mail it along with a cover letter to the FBI address mentioned with your IA. Make sure ALL members of your family seeking FBI check sign that cover letter. Enclose the required fees and wait patiently. I believe FBI has a contact number that mentions your status. FBI will return the record(with your print) to you and you have to send it to CIC.

Now regarding medical exam, you can only do it at the designated doctors mentioned with your IA. The list is also available online. Depending on which region of the US you get it done, it can cost anywhere from $250 to $500 a person. Its mostly standard medical check, blood check, urine check, Xray. When you mention Canadian Immigration, these designated doctors know what to do. The procedure after that is that they mail the medical results (original) to Ottawa( Make sure you get the tracking number from the doctor). I believe some doctors even give a copy of your medical test to you.

Hope this helps. Pls use this post as a guideline and not a rule. Remember, I am also an applicant like you not an attorney. Search this forum for posts similar to this.

PP Request

Anyone who did their medicals in December 04 and have got the passport request please can you post your details.

Thanks.

I doubt if Dec'04 Medical cases received PP Req.
If so, it will be like 10 months for completion case. Sounds good.

cal97 said:
Anyone who did their medicals in December 04 and have got the passport request please can you post your details.

Thanks.

Thanks JRFF,

It been nearly a year since I applied. I did my medicals 11/30/04 and they reached Ottawa 12/6/04. It's nearly 2 1/2 months so I wanted to know if there was anyone who got their PP request. Also based on quite a few posts here seems like people get their PP requests approximately 2-3 months after their medicals. And quite a few number of people have completed the process in 12 months. So hopefully our process should also get over in the same time frame :)

JRFF said:
I doubt if Dec'04 Medical cases received PP Req.
If so, it will be like 10 months for completion case. Sounds good.

hi jahmal, question

hi jahmal,

how did you send passport, express mail? did you place a return envelope with it?

annies :)