Buffalo Tracker (please add)

PCC from dubai

Gc Pain said:
Advice me best way of getting PCC from following countries.
1. From DUBAI-UAE? (indian presently working in US).
2. From India. Is it better to approach Indian consulate in NY or better to get from India through friends.
Thanks in advance for your information.

1. PCC from Dubai.

I have done this. There is a long procedure. Let me narrate this to you

a) Get your finger prints done (Just like for FBI)
b) Notarize the finger print (It is better to find a finger printing place where notary will be available). Many Police stations has this. Check in your city/state. Since there is no space in the finger print card, have a separate paper where your signature could be notarized (Stating you are so and so and this is your signature...)
c) Get the Notarized document attested by the Secretary of State. This is required for validating the notary's signature (Very important step). There is a fee of $10. Check for the fees. (It is fast, if we go personally). Don't use USPS. Since there will be delay for Anthrax tests. Use UPS or Fedex. I prefer FEDEX.
d) The certified, notarized document to be send to Department of State in Washington DC. Same conditions as above. The fees is $6. This office opens at 7:30AM. Be there at that time and you will be out before 8:00 AM.

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

e) Send these documents to the UAE Embassy to get it attested. The embassy is in Washington DC. If doing personally, the step d and e could be done on the same day. The embassy opens at 9:30AM. They are so friendly. They don't have same day service. Leave the document with self addressed envelope. They will positively send it the next day. Fees is $15.

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
3522 International Court, NW Suite #400
Washington, DC 20008

f) Now the last process. Actually getting the certificate. If you have some friends in UAE, it will be easy, since we need to have a formal application to be submitted to the CID Office in Dubai. (it is better if you have the application filled in Arabic as well as English... I had that issue.. give them what they ask for). It will take a week or two to get the certificate. Your friend could go there and send it to you. I am not sure whether this could be done from here (US) since we don't have access to the application or arabic typing. I am not sure about the fees.

Hope this helps.

Now PCC from India. I have done this too, but since my passport was issued from here in USA, it was same day service from the Indian Consulate here, and I believe this will be faster than that from India. If the passport is from India, as I heard, it could take more than a month for them to issue the certificate, you need to followup frequently.

Thanks,
meetme

PC and employment letter with application

looking at the app packet for PR canada from Buffalo. in the checklist they mention Police certificate; employment verification letters. Do we submit these with the application or after initial assessment is completed?

maliklongwait said:
I am just curious that can you please let me know that did you get passport request from NY City office or from Buffalo office?

I got the request CIC New York, not Buffalo

Hi everybody,

1. I got my documents requests on Dec 7th 2004. My 90 days for submission of documents will be over on March 6th. But I will be able to send the docs only on the 7th or 8th. Is this a problem, should I let CIC know about this.

2. I did my medicals in first week of Jan and the doc's office says that they have long back posted my medicals to the Ottawa office. I asked the doc's office for a tracking number, but they don't have one. Is there any way to track if the reports reached Ottawa. I checked the estatus and it's the same, hasn't changed.

3. When the CIC does a check, do they do any employment verification check. Any idea how they do it.

Kindly let me know your expertice.

Got my PP request

I got my PP request yesterday and sent them to Buffalo by overnight mail today. How long is taking for CIC to stamp and send the passports back ?

Thanks!

Hello all, could anyone please tell me what I should do for the issue I mentioned above. My 90 day period will be over this 6th. Could someone please let me know if I should fax buffalo office and ask them for a couple of more days time. Please suggest.

Wilsondavid - Just submit a letter explaining delay

A couple of days shouldnt really matter but to be on the safe side send them a note explaining reasons for the delay.
Thanks

JRFF said:
Generally, it is better to get these things ready 2 months before you expect to get your IA. This should help to avoid unnecessary wait.

I have decided to have a finger printing and FBI clearence before I get the IA letter, which I am expecting in April/May 2005.

When I see the booklet Which I recived from Buffalo it says "Do not start the PCC from FBI-USA untill RPC instruct to do so" . This information makes me little nervous.

If I start doing FBI finger printing process without a letter from RPC, will it be a valid one? Is there any information/Data from IA letter that is required for the FBI finger printing process? Will RPC accept this?.

Has anybody done this before successfully?

If so, where should I start? Should I call the local police station first?

I am position to get the Canadian PR ASAP.

Experts advise appriciated.

Gc_puli
You could start on getting your fonger prints done. It takes the FBI to run name check/finger prints check about 9 weeks and also you should allow an extra month in case your IA is delayed. Anyway, it is only $18.00 per person and you can have two sets of prints and mail in one and keep the other with you. In case there is a delay in your IA and you already got the FBI results then you would have to redo the name check. Since they would like the FBI check to be as updated as possible so you do not want the FBI check to be completed before the CIC lA letter date. However, I am sure it should be fine with them...
Overall, it is a good idea to mail it in before the IA to avoid un-necsaary delay.. I also see the PP request kind of goes with medical results reaching Ottawa and is the limiting factor not the PCC.. Good luck

Johar Ali said:
Gc_puli
You could start on getting your fonger prints done. It takes the FBI to run name check/finger prints check about 9 weeks and also you should allow an extra month in case your IA is delayed. Anyway, it is only $18.00 per person and you can have two sets of prints and mail in one and keep the other with you. In case there is a delay in your IA and you already got the FBI results then you would have to redo the name check. Since they would like the FBI check to be as updated as possible so you do not want the FBI check to be completed before the CIC lA letter date. However, I am sure it should be fine with them...
Overall, it is a good idea to mail it in before the IA to avoid un-necsaary delay.. I also see the PP request kind of goes with medical results reaching Ottawa and is the limiting factor not the PCC.. Good luck

Thank you much for the immediate reply. You are great!

I am little confused. I talked to DMV just now. They told me that they will give 3 cards. I have to send one and keep the other two with me. Is it correct?

In case of delay of IA, I need not do the finger printing again, but I have to send the one more finger print card to FBI and get the fresh report. Is my understanding correct? Will FBI accept the repeating request?

Another one more Doubt. I have sent the PCC from my home country (Obtained from San fransisco - consulate) along with my initial application in Aug 2004. Is it a right procedure? Is there any chance that RPC require again a fresh PCC from my home country when they send a IA letter?

Thank you.

Hello meetme

1. PCC from Dubai.

I have done this. There is a long procedure. Let me narrate this to you

a) Get your finger prints done (Just like for FBI)
b) Notarize the finger print (It is better to find a finger printing place where notary will be available). Many Police stations has this. Check in your city/state. Since there is no space in the finger print card, have a separate paper where your signature could be notarized (Stating you are so and so and this is your signature...)
c) Get the Notarized document attested by the Secretary of State. This is required for validating the notary's signature (Very important step). There is a fee of $10. Check for the fees. (It is fast, if we go personally). Don't use USPS. Since there will be delay for Anthrax tests. Use UPS or Fedex. I prefer FEDEX.
d) The certified, notarized document to be send to Department of State in Washington DC. Same conditions as above. The fees is $6. This office opens at 7:30AM. Be there at that time and you will be out before 8:00 AM.

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

e) Send these documents to the UAE Embassy to get it attested. The embassy is in Washington DC. If doing personally, the step d and e could be done on the same day. The embassy opens at 9:30AM. They are so friendly. They don't have same day service. Leave the document with self addressed envelope. They will positively send it the next day. Fees is $15.

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
3522 International Court, NW Suite #400
Washington, DC 20008

f) Now the last process. Actually getting the certificate. If you have some friends in UAE, it will be easy, since we need to have a formal application to be submitted to the CID Office in Dubai. (it is better if you have the application filled in Arabic as well as English... I had that issue.. give them what they ask for). It will take a week or two to get the certificate. Your friend could go there and send it to you. I am not sure whether this could be done from here (US) since we don't have access to the application or arabic typing. I am not sure about the fees.

Hope this helps.

Now PCC from India. I have done this too, but since my passport was issued from here in USA, it was same day service from the Indian Consulate here, and I believe this will be faster than that from India. If the passport is from India, as I heard, it could take more than a month for them to issue the certificate, you need to followup frequently.

Thanks,
meetme

Thanks for your information. I do not understand why should I send finger prints report to washingtonoffice (i.eU.S. Department of State 2201 C Street NW Washington, DC 20520), when I need to get Dubai PCC report. will you please clarify me about this?

Hi, I see some members of this thread online. Today I received my FBI fingerprint results. The seal if glued. Should I open it and see before I send it tomorrow or should I send the cover as sealed (without opening). Could you please advice me.

Gc_puli said:

I am little confused. I talked to DMV just now. They told me that they will give 3 cards. I have to send one and keep the other two with me. Is it correct?

In case of delay of IA, I need not do the finger printing again, but I have to send the one more finger print card to FBI and get the fresh report. Is my understanding correct? Will FBI accept the repeating request?

Another one more Doubt. I have sent the PCC from my home country (Obtained from San fransisco - consulate) along with my initial application in Aug 2004. Is it a right procedure? Is there any chance that RPC require again a fresh PCC from my home country when they send a IA letter?

Thank you.

You know that FBI fingerprinting results are valid for a period of 6 months.

The main reason RPC Buffalo asks you not start the PCC from FBI-USA till they instruct you is that if you are called for an interview the FBI clearance will be useless as the interview is scheduled almost 8-12 months after IA. This is exactly what happened to me I ordered the FBI clearance before getting IA (I guessed and was correct) but was called for interview so it was a waste of money.

By getting fingerprints on three cards you are just saving the trouble of getting the actual fingerprinting done again in future if needed. So like you said in case of delay of IA just send a finger print card to FBI and get a fresh report. As long as you are paying $18 for the FBI clearance they dont mind providing you with the clearance.

You should wait till you get IA to see if they require PCC from your home country again.

PCC from dubai

Gc Pain said:
Thanks for your information. I do not understand why should I send finger prints report to washingtonoffice (i.eU.S. Department of State 2201 C Street NW Washington, DC 20520), when I need to get Dubai PCC report. will you please clarify me about this?

The attestation by Dept of State in DC is asked by the UAE Embassy. The Dept of State needs the other steps before they attest the document.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
meetme

Gc_puli said:

Thank you.
If you have not made a trip back home since you acquired PCC from your country or any other country you may not need an updated one. Regarding FBI, I always suggest to mail in one copy just about 5-6 weeks before you expect IA and take your chances. Again it is only $18.00 and if you had to redo it due the reasons kenny04 or I mentioned above you can resend another set but honestly, I will spend the 18 dollars and mail it in. However, it is personal preferance. And as I said, it seems like the PP requests are linked to the medical results so again it really is your personal choice. Good luck,

Rolf

Hi Guys
Sometime back I saw questions on ROLF regarding the amount to pay i.e Pay the one in the IA letter (USD $715) or pay as per new fee schedule (USD $840).

I had recently sent USD $715 as per my October IA and RPC has returned it asking to submit the correct ROLF as per the new fee schedule (USD $820).

So those who are still asking this question should send as per the current Fee Schedule.

Thanks