Buffalo Tracker (please add)

can I submit application for PR w/o employer letters? (and submit employer letters after IA)? can consulate give work experience points based on W2 forms or tax forms?

tusharvk

Buddy, do you think this process is a joke ?
Ofcourse you will need to submit employment letters with the application. HGow else do you think they know you worked in a particular position. W2's only show what you made not what position you worked in and what your duties were. It is one of the most important components of the application along with education and financial strength.

tusharvk said:
can I submit application for PR w/o employer letters? (and submit employer letters after IA)? can consulate give work experience points based on W2 forms or tax forms?
Besides what texancanaduan mentioned: w-2's or tax return does not show the length of your employment. So I suggest you visit CIC official website before you prepare employment letter for details.

I totally agree with Texascanadian. You need to submit experience letters to know what you are doing and what your position is.

meetme

I have recvd the interview waived letter along with PCC and medical form and they have asked for ALL my W2s starting from 2000....they have asked for original W2s...has someone else recvd such a request and what did they do..did they send in the originals or notorized copies would do??

vishu6 said:
I have recvd the interview waived letter along with PCC and medical form and they have asked for ALL my W2s starting from 2000....they have asked for original W2s...has someone else recvd such a request and what did they do..did they send in the originals or notorized copies would do??

Send the copies. Read you IA letter carefully. It says it.

okay so I went back and read th IA again.It says that copies can be provided unless the originals are requested....and towards the end of second side of IA I have the USA w2 column and they have written down all the years and used a highliter to show that they want the originals...
has anyopne else revd or seen anything like this where they had used a highliter to indicate that they wanted the originals....infact they have used a highliter throughout the doc to indicate what are the docs they want...

vishu6 said:
okay so I went back and read th IA again.It says that copies can be provided unless the originals are requested....and towards the end of second side of IA I have the USA w2 column and they have written down all the years and used a highliter to show that they want the originals...
has anyopne else revd or seen anything like this where they had used a highliter to indicate that they wanted the originals....infact they have used a highliter throughout the doc to indicate what are the docs they want...

I got exactly the same, asking me to submit original W2 forms. I faxed the buffalo office asking if I could submit notarized copies of the W2 forms and said that I did not want to submit originals. Three days later I received a letter from them, that I can send them the notarized copies. And I did the same. And this happend just 10 days back. So I think you can send notarized copies too.

police report

I have a question regarding police report

I have done one FBI clearance in 2003 but at that time I did not submit my CIC application. 2nd FBI clearance I have sent in the beginning of 2004 but only thing I got back from FBI along with my figure prints that results have already been released.

Any way finally I have sent my application to buffalo office in April 2004 and got my IA in Nov 2004. I have completed my medicals and sent my RFP fees of 715 $ in Dec 2004. My interview was waived and I was not asked about to provide any kind of police report.

I am little bit confused regarding FBI clearance after reading few prior posts

Q. Do one need to do FBI clearance at the time of initial assessment/PR or only if asked to do so?

The reason for asking this is if it is required to get clearance again at the time of Passport request, then I should do it again in order to avoid unnessary delays.

I would appreciate if some one could highlight on this matter?

I have a question regarding employment verification letter.

Becos of the criticality of my role in the project, I was denied to give a verification letter. In the document list after IA, there was a note that, if I'm unable to provide a employment verification letter, I should provide a letter of explanation.

I have submitted a letter stating the same and gave referances of my colleagues at work and also a verification letter from my ex-manager. But this ex-manager would be in US only till April.

Do you guys think I have done a correct thing. I followed my instincts. But I'm not sure if I did the correct thing. Please advice me.

varification letter

At my place of employment, I got my employment varification letter form HR and they even don't ask why do you need one. They only write my salay, position and duration of employment.

I think if you ask your boss/manager then they will ask why do you need this letter.

You may ask your colleage to write a generic recommendation letter (to whom it may concern) for you or you can provide copies pay stabs (if you have all) and copy of your company ID card (if has your name and title) Employment acceptance letter usually has employment description and title Plus explanation letter which you have done.

I have not been through this situation so others may provide you a better suggestion.

I have submitted all the documents after IA. I was not asked to submit proof of English proficiency. I have completed my medicals too. But no where in the documents that I received did it mention about my interview being waived or not.

Questions
1. Do you think I will have an interview. Do you think I should take CAIP notes.
2. Is there anything else I should do or prepare myself for, before I hear anything from buffalo.
3. How long do you think it will take before I hear anything from them.
4. Not sure if my medical reports reached Ottawa(?). I asked the doctor's office to give me a tracking number, but they said they don't have one and assured me that the reports were sent. Is there a way to know if it reached them.

Thanx for the reply wilsondavis. I had one more question. I recvd all the paperwork a week back and have started now to get the PCC and medicals. Now the question I have is that there are 4 things that need to be done:
1. Medicals - I am planning to go for them next week and I am assuming that they would send the results directly so I dont need to do anything there.
2. US PCC - I have taken an appmt for fingerprinting for the 14th and would then send them to the FBI.
3. Indian PCC - Talked to the indian embassy here is sf and would be going to submit the paperwork this week. They said they will take 30-35 days...what has the general experience been in this regard...how long do they take? Also they have said that I can submit copies of passport now and show the originals later when they have to stamp it. Now my wife and I are travelling to India and would be back in may 2nd week although she might decide to stay a little longer....what happens in that case..because I will not have her passport and will the embassy give me the PCC and just NOT stamp it on her passport...any views about that??
4. My originals W2 - As wilson davis said, I am planning to send in notorized copies....shall I send them now...or wait for the PCCs and then send everything together.....
Also please point out if my course of action in any of the points above is not the best...but there is a better way to do it...
Thanx in advance for the replies..

wilsondavis......I dont know about what does your IA say...but mine says in first few lines that we do not feel the need for an interview at this time but we reserve the right to call you back for an interview if we deem necessary....which I interpreted as interview waiver.....doesnt your say anything like that?

vishu6:
FBI takes 8-9 weeks to send results back to you.
medicals, u need nto to do anything.
Delay medical alittle say end of march and you will be clear to go to India and your wife can then return sometime in June. You would get 30 days to turn in passports. I believe you need to turn in everyone's passport teh same time.

wilsondavid said:
I have submitted all the documents after IA. I was not asked to submit proof of English proficiency. I have completed my medicals too. But no where in the documents that I received did it mention about my interview being waived or not.

Questions
1. Do you think I will have an interview. Do you think I should take CAIP notes.
2. Is there anything else I should do or prepare myself for, before I hear anything from buffalo.
3. How long do you think it will take before I hear anything from them.
4. Not sure if my medical reports reached Ottawa(?). I asked the doctor's office to give me a tracking number, but they said they don't have one and assured me that the reports were sent. Is there a way to know if it reached them.
you do not need to do anything just waite.
waiting time can be better assessed in www.yogi799.com
also please add or update your timelines on the yogi799 site for the benefit of others

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Johar for the replies. So if I work the timeline...this is what I understand:
1. US PCC: Submit the fingerprints to FBI...I am guessing I should be able to post them around 3/16.....8-9 weeks would mean 5/20....
2. Indian PCC: Planning to sumbit pasport photocopies 3/16 ..they say 30-35 days....but my wife would be in India at that time....so I cannot have it stamped on her passport...this is where I am getting stuck.
3. Medicals: End of march.
4. W2: when do I send them...with the PCCs or seperatley now.
One more thing...the IA I recvd has the date 2/15 stamped on it...and it says I have 90 days to send in the paperwork....which would be 5/15...based on the above timeline I would NOT be able to send them by 5/15....it would be more like....5/30...anyone else in the same boat??? What is the probable solution to this??
Thanx again in advance for the responses...

vishu6
Okay, I do not understand #2. Do you mean you need to stamp PCC in the passport. Since I got it from the police station not from the embassy and it was a one page thing with my picture on it. So if you need to to stamp PCC in the passport tehn I guess you need to delay your trip or if oyu can get PCC from a police station form back home through your relatives, youwon't have to go through this.

Anyway, I am not sure if this is the case....

okay this is what I am following for getting the Indian PCC....
http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/
On the left hand side click passport/visa/pio and then they have a section for PCC....its not allowing me to put a direct link...here is cut n paste from the website
What is the procedure to apply for PCC if passport was issued from any other Passport office/ Indian Mission?

i) Miscellaneous services form

ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 35 X 45 mm )

iii) Original passport. Since it takes 30-35 days for the issue of PCC, you may submit the photocopy of the passport at the time of applying and present the original at the time of issue of the PCC as it will have to be stamped.

iv) Personal particulars Proforma with 3 copies and 3 photographs

v) Fees of $ 20

vi) Mail back charges (preferably $15 for return by overnight mail which is more reliable and safe. Consulate can not take responsibility for delay in receipt or loss of documents sent by certified mail. No self addressed envelope necessary. Fees for PCC + mailing charges can be sent together through a single money order or cashier’s check. Please note that payments by mail can only be made through money order or cashier's check in favor of the Consulate General of India.

BACK TO PCC SECTION

How much time will this service take (in cases where the passport was issued from any other Passport Issuing Authority except San Francisco)?

i) If you apply at the counter in the Consulate, after 30 days or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority, whichever is earlier.

ii) If applied through mail, 35-40 days or on receipt of clearance from Passport Issuing Authority, whichever is earlier

the getting it from India part is sticky because I will be here for some part and gone only for 2 weeks to India whereas my wife will leave early and both of us will come back in 2nd week of may. So if possible I want to file it from here so that even if they take longer I am okay...except I dont know about the 90 day thing ending on 5/15

How long to receive Passport Request after e-Client Status change

Hello,

Today I noticed that my online e-Client status shows "
Medical results have been received. ". Do you know how long I expect to receive the passport request document? How long does CIC give me to send our passport.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

My time line:

Application: March 2004,
File Received: April 8, 2004
IA: Nov 15 2004,
Med done: Dec 1 2004