Buffalo Tracker (please add)

hi richshi

richshi said:
first letter from the Buffalo consulate after you mail your application. I mailed out mine in November 2004. So far I have not received any acknowledgment of receipt yet.

Thanks for any reply to this message.

It is taking longer then normal time now a days.Wait for another month .I saw the people in this forum got in max 3 months.Keep checking this site yogi799.com
thanks

my question got buried under some other questions :), please can someone help me in understanding the following from CAIPS notes.

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: LHS on 13-01-2005

cal97 said:
I got my caips notes a long time ago, never downloaded or saw them as I got my IA before getting the notes. Out of curiousity saw them just now. Please can someone help me in understanding the following line:

Thanks...

cal97 said:
my question got buried under some other questions :), please can someone help me in understanding the following from CAIPS notes.

Did you get your interview waived?
Did you do your medicals?
It seems like you are going to have an interview. Just my guess and not a good one either so lets waite for other gurus...

FBI Fingerprints

When I send mine and my wife fingerprints together, do I need to send $18 or $36 to FBI?

Thanks Johar,

Yes my interview has been waived and I am done with my medicals.
IA done Nov 19, 2004
Medicals reached Ottawa: December 3rd, 2004

Johar Ali said:
Did you get your interview waived?
Did you do your medicals?
It seems like you are going to have an interview. Just my guess and not a good one either so lets waite for other gurus...

leads

Does someone has a good information (website links) about "how to settle down in canada comfortably?" (jobs, house etc.)

I have sent my PP for stamping and should arrive anytime. Parallely i want to explore the canada options.

Can someone share useful info here?

Appreicate thanks.

cal97 said:
Thanks Johar,

Yes my interview has been waived and I am done with my medicals.
IA done Nov 19, 2004
Medicals reached Ottawa: December 3rd, 2004
How many points were given to you? You might be getting PP request then. LHS code needs to be decoded. There are posts on this forum and you may getlucky and find explaination for it if you look around for those psots.. Good luck

shail007 said:
Does someone has a good information (website links) about "how to settle down in canada comfortably?" (jobs, house etc.)

I have sent my PP for stamping and should arrive anytime. Parallely i want to explore the canada options.

Can someone share useful info here?

Appreicate thanks.
go to forums like, jobs in canada, landing experience, what a new immigrant should know.. Good luck

waiting_forever said:
I am looking for ideas and things that i have to do/ can do while completing the landing process. I will write about it when i complete the process.

My medicals are expiring on feb 25, 2005. I just received the passport request.. HOw long will the canadian visa be valid if send them my passport now.

I heard that they give visa validity till the day medicals expire. I also heard that they give you 6 months visa validity from the date of they recieve passports to stamp? Can the gurus throw some light on this issue? please........... urgent.........

Thank you

Recently I got PP stamping request. My medical is expiring in March 2005. Anyway, I sent them PP last week. Let's see whether I get visa expiry date as March 2005 or few months more.

I will update once I get my passport back.

Thanks Johar, I will look into the posts. I got a total of 81 points.

Johar Ali said:
How many points were given to you? You might be getting PP request then. LHS code needs to be decoded. There are posts on this forum and you may getlucky and find explaination for it if you look around for those psots.. Good luck

Need some help...

Hi friends,

Need some help-

I am planning to land sometime in April and come back to US after couple of days on Advance Parole. I have relatives in Canada whose address I will be giving for the PR card and hopefully they can mail it to me. Is it possible to re-enter Canada before obtaining the PR card using copy of COPR? Also, on my second entry, am I suppose to take all the things I mentioned in the 'Goods to follow list" or I can do it later?

What I am planning to do after my second entry, is to go to India(after obtaining the PR card) and return to US via Canada(driving to and from Canada). Will there be any problem while returning to US with the luggage and everything from Canada by road?

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
SMathew.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to do same

S_mathew,

I am planning to do same. Which way you are planning. I am planning to go through detorit (windosor). and come back on AP.

Can you send me your contact number on akp_158@yahoo.com. We can share more detail.

Thanks,

s_mathew said:
Hi friends,

Need some help-

I am planning to land sometime in April and come back to US after couple of days on Advance Parole. I have relatives in Canada whose address I will be giving for the PR card and hopefully they can mail it to me. Is it possible to re-enter Canada before obtaining the PR card using copy of COPR? Also, on my second entry, am I suppose to take all the things I mentioned in the 'Goods to follow list" or I can do it later?

What I am planning to do after my second entry, is to go to India(after obtaining the PR card) and return to US via Canada(driving to and from Canada). Will there be any problem while returning to US with the luggage and everything from Canada by road?

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
SMathew.

Do I have enough time in US, if I called for interview?

I have applied PR in Aug 2004. Got AOR in Dec 2004.

I have submitted all the documents including proof of settlement fund, Police certificates (except USA) ect along with my initial application. My self assesment has yielded 74 points (if they award maximum marks for English language ability). I have made very nice application with clear cover letter and I do not have attorney repesentation.

As there is no IELTS test centers nearby states (have to fly to LA for the test), I did not take IELTS test. Instead, I have submitted a letter explaining my skills in English along with documents that shows my education in English.

Now what are all the chances for me that RPC waives interview for me in LA? Is there any chance they ask me to submitt IELTS score?. How much time required to prepare and submit the test results? If they decide interview for me, what will be the time frame between IA and interview?

Other important thing is time left in USA. My 6 year H1 expires in FEB 2006. (just one year left). Is this time level enough to complete the canada PR process? Am I covered with this time frame? Is there anything I can do now to avoid any time releated problem in PR process?

can_card,
I did not take IELTS test and the interview waived in my IA letter. I was around 72 points with counting the maximum marks for English. I submitted a letter explaining my skills in English and seems it worked well. I think you have enough time to complete your canada PR by 2006 Feb.This PR process will be delay if you are required to have an interview. I am not sure how long. do not have attorney repesentation.

can_card said:
I have applied PR in Aug 2004. Got AOR in Dec 2004.

I have submitted all the documents including proof of settlement fund, Police certificates (except USA) ect along with my initial application. My self assesment has yielded 74 points (if they award maximum marks for English language ability). I have made very nice application with clear cover letter and I do not have attorney repesentation.

As there is no IELTS test centers nearby states (have to fly to LA for the test), I did not take IELTS test. Instead, I have submitted a letter explaining my skills in English along with documents that shows my education in English.

Now what are all the chances for me that RPC waives interview for me in LA? Is there any chance they ask me to submitt IELTS score?. How much time required to prepare and submit the test results? If they decide interview for me, what will be the time frame between IA and interview?

Other important thing is time left in USA. My 6 year H1 expires in FEB 2006. (just one year left). Is this time level enough to complete the canada PR process? Am I covered with this time frame? Is there anything I can do now to avoid any time releated problem in PR process?