Buffalo Tracker (please add)

waiting_forever,

send fax and explian the things and mention your fax number to reply. they will reply by Fax in week. I sent fax last week. I got reply fax yesterday.

Thanks,
Ashvin Patel
waiting_forever said:
Hi All,

My caips notes tells me that passport request letter sent

============= xxxxxxxxx LH 01-JUN-2004 ==================

I have not received any letter from Buffalo till date. I have sent a couple of faxes to buffalo about asking them to provide me status on my application. I had heard nothing from them.

Now my medicals are expiring february 25, 2005. what can I do get across to the immigration office and let them know that I have not received the passport request letter.

Waiting for your opinions on what I can do at this time and proceed furthur so that I don't loose this chance to get atleast canadian immigration.

Thanks in advance folks....

Application date:- feb 28 2003
IA : feb 04 2004
Med : feb 25 2004
Add documents sent: 7th May 2004

waiting_forever said:
Hi All,

My caips notes tells me that passport request letter sent

============= xxxxxxxxx LH 01-JUN-2004 ==================

I have not received any letter from Buffalo till date. I have sent a couple of faxes to buffalo about asking them to provide me status on my application. I had heard nothing from them.

Now my medicals are expiring february 25, 2005. what can I do get across to the immigration office and let them know that I have not received the passport request letter.

Waiting for your opinions on what I can do at this time and proceed furthur so that I don't loose this chance to get atleast canadian immigration.

Thanks in advance folks....

Application date:- feb 28 2003
IA : feb 04 2004
Med : feb 25 2004
Add documents sent: 7th May 2004

Fax again mentioning that this is what you noticed in CAIPS and request them to re-send PP req.
CIC buffalo should really open their phone lines or respond quickly through e-mail. Given that we are in the 21st century, their one-way communication channel is ridiculous and extremely frustrating.

sapota1 said:
Fax again mentioning that this is what you noticed in CAIPS and request them to re-send PP req.
CIC buffalo should really open their phone lines or respond quickly through e-mail. Given that we are in the 21st century, their one-way communication channel is ridiculous and extremely frustrating.

Thanks you guys for information ......sapota1/asvin

Now that My medicals are expiring on feb 25, 2005 would they request an additional medical?

Will they still be giving me a visa, since the passport request is so delayed, through no fault of mine?

How long will the Visa be valid, if they still send out a new passport request since I sent a fax to cic to send out the passport request again a little time before this post.

I was really feeeling like I am sending a fax to a blackhole, since I had no replies to my previous faxes.......

Thanks again......

Got passports back today. Updated my time lines on www.yogi799.com but here they are:
APP: Dec 17, 2003
AOR: Jan 19, 2004
IA : Aug 09, 2004
Med: Aug 25, 2004
Doc: Oct 18, 2004
PPR: Jan 18, 2005
Passports mailed in: Jan 25, 2005
Passport back with visas Feb 02, 2005

JoharAli,

Can you please confirm, if you have just sent the passports and the CIC letter in the Greay Envelope or did you keep the grey envelope in another USPS envelope along with a prepaid return envelope.

Thanks

Johar Ali said:
Got passports back today. Updated my time lines on www.yogi799.com but here they are:

Ilwaiting said:
JoharAli,

Can you please confirm, if you have just sent the passports and the CIC letter in the Greay Envelope or did you keep the grey envelope in another USPS envelope along with a prepaid return envelope.

Thanks
Yes, I put the passports and the CIC letter in the Grey Envelope and sent it in another USPS envelope along with a prepaid, self addressed return USPS envelope flate rate $13.65, I guess.

--------------------
Please update your timeline at www.yogi799.com for the benefit of the comunity.

AP(US), PR(canada) & Go for H1b Stamping in Canada

I got PR for Canada. I have to enter for one time to get PR for canada. I have AP. My H1B Restamping rejected from St. Louis on 221g.

My question :

1> Can I go for H1b Stamping in Canada while going for PR ?
2> If they stop for any reason for H1b Stamping , Can I come back USA on AP.
3> What is chance not to get H1b Stamp in Canada. I am USA last 3 years.
4> Can I get appoinment in April 2005 ?

Thanks,

Pr

Johar Ali
"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. it's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it"
Congratulations once more
Bill

billofempire said:
Johar Ali
"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. it's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it"
Congratulations once more
Bill
Thanks, Yes it feelsmuch better. I do have a long journey ahead of me. From seeling everythign and rebuying everything. But I am glad the waititng came to an end and have my distination selected. Thanks and good luck to all.

Passport request from LA

Hi All,

Finally, I got passport request from LA consulate.

My timeline.

APP: Feb, 2002
AOR: Sep, 2002
IA : Oct, 2003
Interview : Mar 2004
Med: Oct, 2004
ROLF : Oct, 2004
PPR: Feb3, 2005

They have asked me to provide following three document.
1. Photos (2 each for me and my dependent)
2. Actual passports (me and my dependent)
3. Complete attached supplementary information form for my children
This is a immigrant identification form. I have to provide
Name,
Date of Birth,
Height,
Eye Color

I am reading in the Forum that anybody who is receiving the paasport request letter gets a grey envelope too to send the passport. I havn't got any grey envelope from the consulate.
Is it because, I got the passport request from LA consulate?

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

-- Sanjeev.

sanksin77 said:
Hi All,

-- Sanjeev.
double check number one:

1. Photos (2 each for me and my dependent), are you sure?

Johar Ali said:

CONGRATULATIONS. JOHAR ALI finally you made it.

From the time lines, I found you waited for more than 2 years for this day.

Thanks
Arun

Johar Ali, CONGRATULATIONS - Please help me on my CAIPS notes

Johar Ali, As per you good suggestion, I ordered CAIPS notes and I got the notes today. Can you please help me in decoding this notes.
Some points from CAIPS notes:

Case status:
They put file number…etc,
XREF: P1
Total persons: 4
IMMCAT: SW1 Interview

Foss: No Enforcement
Application in process

Paper file sent to: PA file BF’D to: LA on 07-06-2005 Microlocater
RPRF NOT PAID

Below they said that they received the additional documents that I sent them in Nov, 04 (my H1B ext, my wife and daughter’s h4 visa extensions and my 9 moths old Son’s passport.

Below they put like this:
Subject has a Bachelor Of Engineering Degree from <college name>. Subject states that HW has been employed with <my current company name> USA since Aug 2001. Subject also states that he has employed with <my previous company name> USA from Jan 2001 to Aug 2001 and with <other previous company name > USA from Nov 1999 to Aug 2000.

An Interview is warranted

MEDS AND LETTER SENT ADVISING OF AN INTERVIEW IN LA.

Under personal information they put * symbol before the names. Below they said (* symbol indicates personal information completed)

They put my total points: 67

Do you think I did not fill the work experience properly? I worked for the third company (from Nov 1999 to Aug 2000), I am on the B1 visa and working for Indian salary (Indian company send me here for their urgent/cost savings req) , so I don’t have W2 form. But I do have few reference letters from that company from co-workers that I worked there as a business consultant. I was submitted B1 visa details and the change of visa papers with my Canadian PR application.

One other thing since I did not get the experience letter from one of the company I did not put that in the list (that is from Sep 2000 to Dec 2000) In that period I am on the bench for three months. I only got salary for December 2000 from that company. I do have W2 from that company. I have all the required papers from Dec 2000 to till date.

Do you think that these issues are triggered for the interview? I am little bit worrying about my interview.

Do I need to look for any thing else? Rest of the notes looks okay to me.

Please advise.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
passport request from LA consulate.

sanksin77 said:
Hi All,

Finally, I got passport request from LA consulate.

My timeline.

APP: Feb, 2002
AOR: Sep, 2002
IA : Oct, 2003
Interview : Mar 2004
Med: Oct, 2004
ROLF : Oct, 2004
PPR: Feb3, 2005

3. Complete attached supplementary information form for my children
This is a immigrant identification form. I have to provide
Name,
Date of Birth,
Height,
Eye Color

I am reading in the Forum that anybody who is receiving the paasport request letter gets a grey envelope too to send the passport. I havn't got any grey envelope from the consulate.
Is it because, I got the passport request from LA consulate?

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

-- Sanjeev.

Hi Sajeev,

Thanks for the information. I have a question, as you said, your interview was in March 2004 and you did medicals only in October, were you waiting for some information? because when the docs are forwarded to the LA consulate, we get a letter stating that once you get the interview letter we could do the medicals.

I am also waiting for the PPR, but I did medicals when I got the interview letter, may be you are in a good position since you have enogh time. My medicals will expire in June 2005.

Thanks,
meetme

Hi Meetme,

I couldn't do medical before oct 2004 because my wife was pregnant. Though I received the IA with all the medical form in Oct 2003, I decided to wait for the interview letter before going for the medical exam. I could have done medical in Oct/Nov/Dec 2003, as my wife was not pregnant during that time but I decided against it as I was not sure about the interview date. But, LA consulate acted promptly in my case to send the interview letter in Dec2003.
I appeared in the interview and did the medical after the baby was born.

At that time I thought, I made a mistake by not taking medicals immidiately after receiving the medical form but now I am happy because "ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL". :)

Now that I received the passport request.,I am going to send the passport and other documents as required.
My only question to this Forum is - why they havn't sent me the grey envelope? Can anybody who received PPR from LA consulate confirm to this?

FYI, I send one FAX to LA consulate on last Friday inquiring about the status of my case and they responded immediately by sending me the PPR letter on Monday. May be you can do that too.

thanks,
--Sanjeev

Johar Ali said:
double check number one:

1. Photos (2 each for me and my dependent), are you sure?

ITs from LA not Buffalo.. This could be the reason for both Photos and envelope.

Sree_Manikanta:

So it is confirmed that you are going to have an interview. One can only guess that the discrepancies might have triggered the interview or you could one of a randomly chosen case. However, it should not cause any problem and just tell the truth. A typo is a typo that we all go through in our life and is no big deal. It is just a harmless error that there is no punishment for it. The other reason coul dthat you are at the borderline for the immigration with 67 points so they might want to make sure you really qualify. It could vary form your English abilities to your demographics and one can only be judged for those things face to face....
Good luck. All are my personal feelings...

arun_gc_waiting said:
CONGRATULATIONS. JOHAR ALI finally you made it.

From the time lines, I found you waited for more than 2 years for this day.

Thanks
Arun
If you do the math again, it only took one year and one month. And if you look at the date they started processing, it took exactl one year...