Buffalo Tracker (please add)

got PP today & and Planning to go before May 2005

Today I got PP from Buffalo. I am planning to next month to Canada through Detroit border by rental car. Anyone have suggestion ?

Expire date of Visa is one year after medical.

Notify CIC of change of Employer

Hi Guys,

I am on H1 and recently I changed my employer. Do I have to notify CIC about change in my employement.

Thanks

Thanks SSMDelhi. I just checked with the local police station. They do it every thursday and friday. So I guess, I will get it done this thursday.

SSMDelhi said:
Try International community Services at 972 Broad street lower lobby Newark, NJ 07102 # 973-624-6964

Missing information on Caipsnotes

Guys,

I got IA in May 2004, asking for Police cert from India, Updated Employment verification, US Visa Status & Funds. I sent updated employment verification, US visa status and funds documents on Aug 04, 2004 by UPS. On Aug 15 I sent Indian Police Cert.

Recently I got Caipsnotes for my applications and it just shows that they have received only Indian Police Certificate. Or they have received the other documents but did not update my file.

Should I send them the documents again? or it is normal for caipsnotes not to show this information.

Has any body ordered the Caipsnotes and found this infomation missing?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Error on Visa and CPR ?????

Today I got Passport back from Buffalo after Visa stamping. There is mistake in My wife middle Name (One character is missing). Middle name is wrong on Visa and CPR document.

I am planning to send Fax to them explaining that there is error on Name.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

gc212: you are in a stage where you need not to notify CIC about your job change since you are most probably waiting for PPR. Howver, it won't hurt mailing them or faxin them about the change. By the way why would you change a job at a turn that you are almost getting ready to go to Canada or this might show you are not really planing on moving to Canada.

According to your PCC and separate mailing of additional docs. Didn't you read the IA letter indicating mailing the docs separate could delay your process.

waitingsince2k1: I think you should not only fax them but also make a copy of the all paper work and the original forms or something which shows the correct name spelling for comparison. You could also try to mail them back and ask for correction . If you are in a hurry, you could probably land with the current papers and later on fix the mistake butit might be easier to do it now. Good luck

gc212 said:
Thanks for your early reply. MEDSEC is O (Zero). Johar Ali can you give the fax number to send the inquiry.

Thanks
Mission Tel.: (716) 858-9500
Immigration Tel.: (716) 858-9501
Mission Fax: (716) 852-4340
Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477

Thanks Johar Ali

Thanks Johar Ali,

I did not reed IA that indicated that mailing the docs separately could delay my process. I must have missed it.

My question is that my caipsnotes does not tell that they have recieved the additional docs. So should I send them again the same documents (old employment verification) or updated ones (with new employer).

Updated Employment verification (Old or New Employer details)
US Visa status - H1
Latest Funds Details

I don't know if lack of this information is holding my application.

Thanks

Johar Ali said:
gc212: you are in a stage where you need not to notify CIC about your job change since you are most probably waiting for PPR. Howver, it won't hurt mailing them or faxin them about the change. By the way why would you change a job at a turn that you are almost getting ready to go to Canada or this might show you are not really planing on moving to Canada.

According to your PCC and separate mailing of additional docs. Didn't you read the IA letter indicating mailing the docs separate could delay your process.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc212 said:
Is there a phone number where we can find the status of our application?

HI gc212,

you will receive the Passport request soon. I also applied in the same time frame and received the pp req.

Johar Ali,

I like to get some information about job searching in canada.

Would you please help.

Thanks
arun

gc212 said:
Thanks Johar Ali,

I did not reed IA that indicated that mailing the docs separately could delay my process. I must have missed it.

My question is that my caipsnotes does not tell that they have recieved the additional docs. So should I send them again the same documents (old employment verification) or updated ones (with new employer).

Updated Employment verification (Old or New Employer details)
US Visa status - H1
Latest Funds Details

I don't know if lack of this information is holding my application.

Thanks
you could try to mail them docs again but write a cover letter and explain why you are mailing it all over again. Don't you have a USPS/fedEx tracking number where you can confirm receipt? You could also try faxing them to advise you further if there is any thing missing. Remeber, try to explain and mention your doubt about the additional docs receipts. Good luck

arun_gc_waiting said:
Thanks joharali,

I noted down the site name. I assume you got the job through search in this site.

thanks again
arun
Actually, it started from monster but eventually focussed on the organization involved in my line of work. You can try this site to find out what organizations are doing what and use every effort to offer your services to the potential employers. Good luck. When one door closes another opens up..

could someplease answer my this question:
After mailing the passport, deos it take about 2 weeks or has anyone gotten it back in less time?

Pp

I sent on Jan 10th and got it on 24th. sent with next day delivery with return USPS express delivery..

but I got with error on my wife middle name..

sending back on moday for correction...

Thanks,

Johar Ali said:
could someplease answer my this question:
After mailing the passport, deos it take about 2 weeks or has anyone gotten it back in less time?

waitingsince2k1 said:
I sent on Jan 10th and got it on 24th. sent with next day delivery with return USPS express delivery..

but I got with error on my wife middle name..

sending back on moday for correction...

Thanks,
thanks waiting. I honestly think you should land with the error in the name. It will be much easier to deal with this tiny typo later on... Good luck anyway and thanks for the info. So it takes about 14 days to get the PP back.. I mailed mine on the 25 th overnight both ways. I should expect mine on the 8th...

error in name

I am planning to send for correction because I am going to drive by rental car around next month. By any chance if they do not allow me to enter canada due to error in middle name on visa. Then I will be in big trouble. Because I am going to drive around 15 hr drive one way.

So I am thinking to send back to them with letter.

Any suggestion?