Buffalo Tracker (please add)

can_card: I think you shoul dbe fine but on the safe side, if you have doubts, you may take IELTS and mail it in after you get the case number. A score of 7 in each section will give you enough points. But as uludom mentioned, you shoul dbe fine wihtout the IELTS. I have done the same thing you did and my case got finalised in 13 months, countig the day I mailed in my application.... If you do your home work and visit this forum and read, you can probably get your immigration in a year time.. Good luck

I applied in August 2004 and I am in the same situation as yours. My self assessment points were around 72 points. I did not submit IELTS scores but submitted a self written letter emphasising my language skills. However, I didn't take any chances and I took the IELTS score and mailed it out to them just in case. My score was 8.0 so I figured since it is a good score, why not mail it.

Their operations manual specifically states that lack of language evidence is not and should not be a requirement to request applicant for an interview. Normally they request people for interview on random basis. I doubt they even interview people because of inconsistancy in their applications, it's just a matter of randomness.

Runaway

can_card said:
I have applied PR in Aug 2004. Got AOR in Dec 2004.

I have submitted all the documents including proof of settlement fund, Police certificates (except USA) ect along with my initial application. My self assesment has yielded 74 points (if they award maximum marks for English language ability). I have made very nice application with clear cover letter and I do not have attorney repesentation.

As there is no IELTS test centers nearby states (have to fly to LA for the test), I did not take IELTS test. Instead, I have submitted a letter explaining my skills in English along with documents that shows my education in English.

Now what are all the chances for me that RPC waives interview for me in LA? Is there any chance they ask me to submitt IELTS score?. How much time required to prepare and submit the test results? If they decide interview for me, what will be the time frame between IA and interview?

Other important thing is time left in USA. My 6 year H1 expires in FEB 2006. (just one year left). Is this time level enough to complete the canada PR process? Am I covered with this time frame? Is there anything I can do now to avoid any time releated problem in PR process?

Here is the answer to your question. Also share your information with others by filling in information about your case.

Thanks and here is the link
http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/buffalo/indexsorted.asp?sortby=app desc

richshi said:
first letter from the Buffalo consulate after you mail your application. I mailed out mine in November 2004. So far I have not received any acknowledgment of receipt yet.

Thanks for any reply to this message.

Expecting PPR - Parallel arragements

Hi,

I did my medicals in Dec 2004 and sent additional docs + Landing Fee in Jan 2005. If everything goes fine, I may get my PPR around April or May.
If I lose my job, I may lose my Visa status in U.S and may need to leave U.S.

What are the option to handle a situation if I don't get PPR request in time and need to leave U.S.

I did file my Papers through Lawyer.

JRFF said:
Hi,

I did my medicals in Dec 2004 and sent additional docs + Landing Fee in Jan 2005. If everything goes fine, I may get my PPR around April or May.
If I lose my job, I may lose my Visa status in U.S and may need to leave U.S.

What are the option to handle a situation if I don't get PPR request in time and need to leave U.S.

I did file my Papers through Lawyer.
you can stay for 180 days without getting into troubles. I think over 180 days is then considered bad. So you should be fine if you areplaning on loosing your job. The best hang in there for a few months...

Johar Ali said:
can_card: I think you shoul dbe fine but on the safe side, if you have doubts, you may take IELTS and mail it in after you get the case number. A score of 7 in each section will give you enough points. But as uludom mentioned, you shoul dbe fine wihtout the IELTS. I have done the same thing you did and my case got finalised in 13 months, countig the day I mailed in my application.... If you do your home work and visit this forum and read, you can probably get your immigration in a year time.. Good luck
uludom, Joharali, Runaway

Thanks for the advise. I will wait and watch with open :eek: eyes in yogi website. Meantime, if possible I fly to LA to take IELTS test and take my kids to Disney land. :)

By the way, I have not notarized any documents that I sent to RPC. We needed to submit so many documents (degrees, transcripts, birth certificates, exp letters etc., One guy asked me $5 for notarising each document). It become expensive. Will it be an issue?

can_card said:
uludom, Joharali, Runaway

Thanks for the advise. I will wait and watch with open :eek: eyes in yogi website. Meantime, if possible I fly to LA to take IELTS test and take my kids to Disney land. :)

By the way, I have not notarized any documents that I sent to RPC. We needed to submit so many documents (degrees, transcripts, birth certificates, exp letters etc., One guy asked me $5 for notarising each document). It become expensive. Will it be an issue?
I have not notarized any of my docs and got approval already and am getting ready to land soon. By the way, your bank will notarize for free.

Hi Johar Ali,

I have the following two quick questions for you, since you are the active member I think you can answer these questions.

After landing, I want to do revalidation also for me and for my wife who is a dependent.

(1) Should I get two separate appointments, one for me and one for my wife in www.nvars.com- US embassies in canada ?

(2) The visa application package includes the visa application forms, an information sheet, and a pre-coded deposit slip for the non-refundable USD$100 processing fee. The fee must be paid at any branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (ScotiaBank) located in the province of Ontario before coming to the Consulate.

I saw this (2) point in toronto US consulate website. Is this applicable to other US consulates also in Canada to deposit $100 in scotia bank ?

I really appreciate your help in this.

Thanks
Arun

arun_gc_waiting:
1) On eappointment should be enough.
2) are you talking about revalidation of visa to come back to US. The last time I came back with AP. Before that I drove without revalidation and there are posts suggesting the 30 days rule. If you are driving back you may not need to revalidate. However, I am not completely sure but you can find it on landing forum or on the official web site...

Johar Ali said:
arun_gc_waiting:
2) are you talking about revalidation of visa to come back to US. The last time I came back with AP. Before that I drove without revalidation and there are posts suggesting the 30 days rule. If you are driving back you may not need to revalidate. However, I am not completely sure but you can find it on landing forum or on the official web site...

Hi Johar Ali,

Thanks for the quick response

Originally Posted by ela6
1. You need to get 2 appts (one for you and one for your wife).
2. Bank name will differ depending up whether you are going to Canada, Mexico, etc. You will need to pay $100 to the bank. Only difference is in the name of the local bank. Once you make an appointment, you will receive a package and it will have the details (pay careful attention to the details in the package).

ela6 said I need to get 2 appointments(one for me and one for my wife)

I think probably this is because while getting appointment they fix based on the passport no.

Thanks
Arun

Returning on AP..

Hi Johar,

When you come back to US on AP from Canada, what is the procedure? At the border, do you have to go to the immigration office and show your AP and they will do some verification and stamp your passport and give you a new I-94 if the old one is expired? OR do they just take a look at the AP while you wait in the car and let you go?

Please do reply.

Thanks and regards.
SMathew.

Johar Ali said:
arun_gc_waiting:

arun_gc_waiting said:
Hi Johar Ali,

Thanks for the quick response

Originally Posted by ela6
1. You need to get 2 appts (one for you and one for your wife).
2. Bank name will differ depending up whether you are going to Canada, Mexico, etc. You will need to pay $100 to the bank. Only difference is in the name of the local bank. Once you make an appointment, you will receive a package and it will have the details (pay careful attention to the details in the package).

ela6 said I need to get 2 appointments(one for me and one for my wife)

I think probably this is because while getting appointment they fix based on the passport no.

Thanks
Arun
there is no harm in making 2 appointments sinc eoyu can always let the second one go.
regarding re-validation, I would suggest check other forums as well. There are people they came back to US without revalidation.
Good luck

s_mathew said:
Hi Johar,

When you come back to US on AP from Canada, what is the procedure? At the border, do you have to go to the immigration office and show your AP and they will do some verification and stamp your passport and give you a new I-94 if the old one is expired? OR do they just take a look at the AP while you wait in the car and let you go?

Please do reply.

Thanks and regards.
SMathew.
I had my previous i 94 card turned in for some reaosn to the INS so I wanted to get another I94 card. However, if you are flying, you would have to fill in another I94 card anyway. However, no one asked me form this side regarding the I94. I heard if you are driving you can come back with the older I94. Check landing forums for details

Ap..

Johar,

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned you came back on AP on your last trip. Assuming you don't need an I-94, then how do they treat the AP(if driving)? Still you need to go in or just show it to the officer and go?

Thanks and regs,
SMathew.

Johar Ali said:
I had my previous i 94 card turned in for some reaosn to the INS so I wanted to get another I94 card. However, if you are flying, you would have to fill in another I94 card anyway. However, no one asked me form this side regarding the I94. I heard if you are driving you can come back with the older I94. Check landing forums for details

Johar Ali said:
there is no harm in making 2 appointments sinc eoyu can always let the second one go.
regarding re-validation, I would suggest check other forums as well. There are people they came back to US without revalidation.
Good luck

Thanks Johar Ali,

Every person is paying $100 for revalidation, but the appointment site not even showing how many appointments needed for the family.

I will go ahead and make 2 appointments. I don't want to take a chance.

Thanks
Arun

gckadiwana said:
Recently I got PP stamping request. My medical is expiring in March 2005. Anyway, I sent them PP last week. Let's see whether I get visa expiry date as March 2005 or few months more.

I will update once I get my passport back.

Hi waiting_forever,

So what did you decide? Are you going personally to get your passport stamped? or did you mail your passport?

Got Stamped passport

Mailed application: Dec'21st 2003
IA: Aug'16th 2004
Medicals reached Ottawa: Oct'20 2004
Add'l docs sent: Nov'2nd 2004
PP Request: January'28th 2005.
Sent Passport for Stamping: Feb'1st 2005
Received stamped passport Feb'12 2005. Visa valid until 1 yr from my medicals(Oct 2005).

I and my wifes's US H1B's are in renewal process!!!. So would not have a valid visa to complete the landing process. What should be do. I originally htought of using 30 day auto revalidation using H1B petition to return to USA. Need to talk to an attorney to see if I can do that.

Cleared one hurdle, more to go.

not sure what they would do but really its no big deal. In the end you will be allowed to come. I am always mroe interested in end results with no disgrace. What difference does it make if you have to stop and strech your legs a little. Good luck

gckadiwana said:
Hi waiting_forever,

So what did you decide? Are you going personally to get your passport stamped? or did you mail your passport?

Hi, I just mailed my passports in. I have seen in immigration.ca that if you have less than a couple of weeks they would give you 6 months to land....

I also callled up a freind's friend about the issue. he concurred the same. It is too much of a rush to go to canada now.

Hi Johar,

You are right. Thanks for the reply.

SMathew.

Johar Ali said:
not sure what they would do but really its no big deal. In the end you will be allowed to come. I am always mroe interested in end results with no disgrace. What difference does it make if you have to stop and strech your legs a little. Good luck