Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Help

Hi,
I am currently in US. My AOR is Aug 04. Based on the current status, I do not accept my PR before end of next year.
I have one question:
If I get an admission in Candian school and have to join the school by Sept 05, what will be the impact on my PR?

Thanks,

sanchi7: I think you should be fine. you might even have an immigrant visa by then if not just inform the CIC about your move and that is all...

Got IA - Interview Waiver But need additional Docs.

Hi All,
I got IA with Interview Waiver, I have been asked some Tax Docs ( I have),
Medical( completed) and PCC (3 countries - 2 are OK).
I don't have PCC for 1 country and I do not seem to get it.
Please suggest the best way I could handle this situation.

Got IA - Interview Waiver But need additional Docs.

This is my understanding. If the country you mentioned is not listed in the CIC website as not to get the PCC, you need to submit it. Which country you are talking about? May be someone in the forum may be able to help you out. If there is an embassy of the country in USA, try to get a letter from them stating you cannot get a PCC.

meetme

JRFF: What you are trying to do is finding a way out the easy way. So here it is: Good or bad. If you were not able to get a PCC your case might be delayed since they might take it up on themselves and inform the Canadian consulate/embassy in the country to run a background check which may not be in your favor. Even if you have not done anything worng, it might take longer for the CIC to run a background chech. So your best shot is to get the PCC on your own. I am sure you know how to do it but you ar enot welling to spend the time. You and I both know this.. Good luck, :)

Hi Johar,
Thanks for your post. I am looking for the PCC from Saudi and I have applied. Though it is not guarenteed but I get mixed signal from embassy that I will get / some times it may be delayed.
One issue, when I left Saudi, I left with Exit Re-entry visa, nothing else attached, not even a traffic ticket.

Johar Ali said:
JRFF: What you are trying to do is finding a way out the easy way. So here it is: Good or bad. If you were not able to get a PCC your case might be delayed since they might take it up on themselves and inform the Canadian consulate/embassy in the country to run a background check which may not be in your favor. Even if you have not done anything worng, it might take longer for the CIC to run a background chech. So your best shot is to get the PCC on your own. I am sure you know how to do it but you ar enot welling to spend the time. You and I both know this.. Good luck, :)

There are posts about PCC from Saudi arabia in this forum. On eperson from India worked that out through the Indian consulate.. Just have a look or search for it.. Good luck. :)

Thanks Johar. I have seen the posts that some one got it through Indian embassy, so far I have no luck on that part with Indian consulate.. I am trying.
The reason I did not apply earlier is to avoid PCC getting expired (6 months), but I was putting consistent effort in getting it out.

Johar Ali said:
There are posts about PCC from Saudi arabia in this forum. On eperson from India worked that out through the Indian consulate.. Just have a look or search for it.. Good luck. :)

JRFF: I think your best shot is through your country embassy/consulate. Try to contact some one you know who lives nearby the embassy/consulate or just drive htere once you are face to face with them they will help you out. Just go there and tell them your story and ask for help. If you can not then you have no choice but to write your story to the CIC about your unsuccesful attempts. Wish you good luck. :)

Johar Ali said:
JRFF: I think your best shot is through your country embassy/consulate. Try to contact some one you know who lives nearby the embassy/consulate or just drive htere once you are face to face with them they will help you out. Just go there and tell them your story and ask for help. If you can not then you have no choice but to write your story to the CIC about your unsuccesful attempts. Wish you good luck. :)
JRFF,

Good advise from Johar Ali. I got my PCC for Saudi from the Indian Embassy in US. I met face to face with the Vice Consular and also showed him my correspondence with the various Embassies and Consulates. I was able to convince him, whether the PCC will be acceptable to the Canadian Embassy, I still don't know. Good Luck.

Guys,
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I am back to the track of requesting Indian Vice-Consul to help me with this though I've sent all relevant Papers to Saudi Embassy.
Johar & Ktym, do you have an idea of exit-reentry visa has any concerns, because I did not get exit visa while i was leaving Saudi. (7 years back).

Ktym said:
JRFF,

Good advise from Johar Ali. I got my PCC for Saudi from the Indian Embassy in US. I met face to face with the Vice Consular and also showed him my correspondence with the various Embassies and Consulates. I was able to convince him, whether the PCC will be acceptable to the Canadian Embassy, I still don't know. Good Luck.

How long do I need to wait?

Ladies and Gents

My time line is as follows

Inital application : Feb 2002
Interiview waived and Medical Request: Feb 12 2004
Medical Done :March 5 2004
Additioan document requested : Aug 2004
Documents provided Nov 2004.

I have not received request for PP and my online status in showing In-process and it says that A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. Medical results have been received.

How long will it take for the passport request? Should I send fax to Buffalo consulate and ask them the status of the application

Thanks;
-Pearl

you should be receiving the passport request shortly.....if you don't get it in a week or two, you can send in a fax to cic..good luck.

If you don't receive your PP request in the next couple of months (in 2003 it was taking about 3 months on an average to get PP request once the documents were given) then try also getting your caipsnotes, they were extremely helpful for me to find out in detail on what was hapenning to my case.

Thanks

I have applied in Dec 2001 and in Feb 2003 receiced interview waiver and in May 2004 I have sent all family medicals. But to my surprise, till now, I did not receive anything from CIC. Online status still shows "in process". I have faxed requesting status of my applicaiton. But till now I do not get information regarding that. I do not know what is going on with my application.

In view of this should I request caipsnotes? If so how? Also we will be providing all our confidential information to third party? Is it ok? How many days does it take to get the notes after requesting for one? Also do we understand the coded language used in the notes? All I wanted to know is why is it taking so long to process my application?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had very similar issues, I did not hear anything for about 4 months since I mailed my medicals and I requested the caipsnotes, it is vey secure and besides if you want to know what's happenning in your case you don't have any other option, I did it and it helped me immensely, not only did I find out what was done on my case but also the fact that they mailed to the wrong address inspite of having the right address online!!! I went through lawyers so they helped me decipher some of the codes to the extent of knowing the consulate officer who was processing my case and had screwed it up...there are some threads of people posting the caipsnotes codes which you can read earlier in the buffalo tracker, I have my posts with my codes that may also help you

It takes about a month to get the results. If you have relatives in canada get it done through them, costs 5 canadian dollars, from the US it used to be about 25-30 US dollars. I would suggest to get it as soon as possible since you have waited a long time

Waiting times

It appears that CIC is processing March and April cases for Initial Assessment per http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/buffalo/indexsorted.asp?sortby=app desc . I got it to sort by application date and it gives a better view of the dates applications were filed. Please be deligent in updating the status of your case on that site to help out others in getting a good idea of how long their applications will take. CIC has experienced a strike and an increase in the number of applications filed due to lowering the pass grade from 75 to 67. I saw some people getting their IA in a period of 8 months and I doubt this will be the case for a while.

Good luck everyone and happy holidays

JRFF said:
Guys,
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I am back to the track of requesting Indian Vice-Consul to help me with this though I've sent all relevant Papers to Saudi Embassy.
Johar & Ktym, do you have an idea of exit-reentry visa has any concerns, because I did not get exit visa while i was leaving Saudi. (7 years back).

JRFF,

It is not going to be a problem. I left Saudi without an exit visa.