Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Thanks Kenny04 for your quick reply regarding Indian PCC.
I'm not able to access the Chicago Indian consulate website. But I got their phone number from a different site. I called up that number and in the miscellaneous services, the automated message says to use application form from the NY consulate website. I looked at the NY forms for miscellaneous service, which in my case is PCC and it says specifically to send original passport along with application.

Is there anyone who applied for a PCC from the Indian consulate at Chicago. Could someone please confirm if it's enough to send Photocopy of the passport along with the PCC application initially and send the original passport after accessment from India (after 30-60 days). Please help!!!

Hi, I'm also planning to get my PCC from local police station from India. Can some one PLEASE send me the format and the content of the PCC. And should it be on a stamp paper. If so how much worth stamp paper. Also should it be addressed to the Canadian consulate.
Before coming to the US, I worked and studied in Chennai for 4 years and before that I was in Andhra. So, should I get the PCC fom Chennai or from Andhra. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

wilsondavid said:
Thanks Kenny04 for your quick reply regarding Indian PCC.
I'm not able to access the Chicago Indian consulate website. But I got their phone number from a different site. I called up that number and in the miscellaneous services, the automated message says to use application form from the NY consulate website. I looked at the NY forms for miscellaneous service, which in my case is PCC and it says specifically to send original passport along with application.

Is there anyone who applied for a PCC from the Indian consulate at Chicago. Could someone please confirm if it's enough to send Photocopy of the passport along with the PCC application initially and send the original passport after accessment from India (after 30-60 days). Please help!!!

I was able to access the Chicago Indian consulate website. Please try again :
http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/

If possible talk to a person in the Chicago consulate and ask if you can send a photocopy of your passport initially.

Hi Guys, I've just found out about this page looking for some information about my upcoming landing plans... Hope I knew it a year ago, it could be really helpful.

Anyway I have a question for you: While skimming the earlier posts (hard to read all 3000+ messages at once!) I've come across a couple of them saying some people had to go back to their point of landing to pick up their PR card! I plan to fly to Buffalo, land at Niagara Falls, stay a week at my relative there, and then come back to the US. All these plans rely on the fact that my relative will receive my PR card and mail it to me!

Please let me know if you think they may ask me to go in person to pick my card up instead of mailing to my address in Canada! Did this happen to anybody you know? And BTW, which border point is better around Niagara Falls? I can also consider flying to and landing at Toronto-- would it be better to land at an airport?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. For you guys who need one more data point, here is my detailed timeline:

Application Sent: Late August 2003
File Creation Date: Sep 2, 2003
Initial Assessment Date: May 11, 2004
Medicals Done: Jun 21, 2004
Fingerprints Sent to FBI: Jun 21, 2004
Medicals Sent: Jun 28, 2004
Medicals Delivered to Ottowa (tracked with FedEx): Jun 29, 2004
Additional Docs Sent to Buffalo (w/o fingerprints b/c 90 day rule!): Aug 7, 2004
Criminal Records Received (2 days after I sent other docs!): Aug 9, 2004
Criminal Records Delivered to Buffalo: Aug 12, 2004
Passport Request Mailed: Dec 3, 2004
Passport Request Received: Dec 6, 2004
Passport Mailed to a relative in Buffalo: Dec 9, 2004
Immigrant Visa Stamped (same day): Dec 14, 2004
Passport Received back: Dec 15, 2004

BTW, I've just checked e-Client Application Status, it says "In Process", "We started processing your application on September 02, 2003. Medical results have been received.". Medical results line was not there a month ago...

Also, the expiration date on the visa is Jun 21, 2005 (med exam date).

aesmie,

I landed via peace bridge in october. Even though the officer told me you have to come to collect your PR cards from the closest cic location, i got my PR cards in mail.

Hope this helps..

CAIPS Notes

Hello,

I had sent my application in July 2004 and received an AOR date for August 10 2004.

As I wait for my IA is it worth getting the CAIPS Notes now? Would it (CAIPS Note) change when I get my IA? For example now it might not have information about me being called for an interview or not whereas in the future things might be added to it.

TIA for your help.

P.S - I am using the services of a lawyer.

Caips notes.

cornholio said:
Hello,

I had sent my application in July 2004 and received an AOR date for August 10 2004.

As I wait for my IA is it worth getting the CAIPS Notes now? Would it (CAIPS Note) change when I get my IA? For example now it might not have information about me being called for an interview or not whereas in the future things might be added to it.

TIA for your help.

P.S - I am using the services of a lawyer.

I applied in June 2004 and i got AOR july 2004 .I recently got CAIPS notes it almost empty,there is no much information on it just name DOB ............
but ,It is not bad for $30.00 bucks

Hi chicagopains,

I dont know who suggested you to get CAIPS notes. It is a complete waste of money to get the notes before IA at least.

Even after IA only those people who have been called for an interview should get CAIPS notes. Also if your case has been delayed considerably you can order the notes to see whats going on.

Hope this helps.

Jalma said:
aesmie,

I landed via peace bridge in october. Even though the officer told me you have to come to collect your PR cards from the closest cic location, i got my PR cards in mail.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Jalma. How long did it take you to get it by mail? What were you planning to do if it didn't come by mail (if you were back in the US)?

Kenny

Kenny04 said:
Hi chicagopains,

I dont know who suggested you to get CAIPS notes. It is a complete waste of money to get the notes before IA at least.

Even after IA only those people who have been called for an interview should get CAIPS notes. Also if your case has been delayed considerably you can order the notes to see whats going on.

Hope this helps.

Yes, i realized later about that.

aesmie,

If you get a letter from CIC to personally collect your cards, then the only choice is to go and get it. You can still use your landing paper to re-enter canada as long as you are not travelling via commercial carrier (i.e either use your own car, rental car or go in your friend's car).

Our cards arrived in about 4 weeks.

Good luck

I have not heard anythign since interview at NYC

i had my interview at NYC , on 21st arpril, 2004.... filed an inguiry aorund august , it says still pending we will contact you if additional doc needed. i m fr pakistan , are they running some kind of background check or not going to approve my case.

process satrted nov , 2001 .interview in apr , 2004 ,

all kind of comments are welcome,

thanks in advance

How long it takes to get the Passport request for issuing visa after Medical, remaining documents and landing fee sent ?

I have been waiting for long time, your advice will be highly appreciated for estimating the waiting time.

Thanks
arun

adnamj: There are people who got their whole process comleted in less than a year. I applied in Dec. 2003, got IA in August and mailed addtional doc/med in October, waiting for pp request. I am from the same country you are.. It varies from case to case. You can also check www.yogi799.com out and see what is going on. Also oreder CAIPS notes.

arun_gc_waiting: It normally takes around 2 months, I will waite for 3 and will then order CAIPS notes. Good luck..

Visa stamped

Guys,
I finally got my PP stamped. Here is my timeline -

Applied - Oct '03
AOR - Nov '03
IA - Jun '04 (No interview)
Medicals/Police certs - Jul '04
PP req - Dec '04
PP sent - 6 Dec '04
PP recd - 18 Dec '04 (Visa valid till Jul '05).

All the best to all of you.
SSJ