Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Gc Pain said:
I applied in Dec 2003. I do not want to push my process further more as I do have one more year on my H1B visa and have a nice job. So I did not do my medicals too. Do you think am I going to face any problems by delaying my process? Please advice me. Thanks in advance.
One more advice for you. As you mentioned you have a year of H1-b so you could have processed your CA GC as fast as you could since you would have a year from the date of your medical to land some even suggest a year form the date you get a stamp to land. Anyway, you would enough time after the approval and could use that time to find a job in Canada. And you will also attain peace of mind... :)

Hello Ali

Very nice of you. Will you please send me Doctor's details in New Jersey area? By the way if I submit medical results after 60 days, am I going to face any problems? Please advice me. Thanks in advance for your information.

Kenny04 said:
Immigration officials are becoming more strict about the English language requirement. The immigration official has looked at your file and the evidence you have provided but s/he is not convinced so you have been asked to provide proof of your proficiency by appearing in IELTS.

The only option for you is to appear in IELTS as soon as possible. You can check other centers in US to get an earlier date. If it is not possible inform CIC that you can appear in IELTS in Feb 2005 and will provide the score as soon as you get them. Make sure you score more than 7 in all the sections. All the best.

Thanks for the reply ... That was what I was thinking to do ... However still I am not convinced that they have checked the file properly... I work in a fortune 100 company and I am almost done with my post graduate study from the US... It just doesn't make any sense... Even if the officer thinks my English is not good enough... I have enough points to pass the pass mark even if he/she considers my proficieny as moderate.... It's just a headache to arrange for test and results in a timely manner.... Besides I live in Wisconsin and the closest center is Chicago... Further than that , there is New York, Boston, Texas,Florida, and California.... Nothing really close... It's not like the test is done every where and on frequent dates like the TOEFL, which I scored on more than 600 and I also provided to them... Ahhhh... Go figure

Anyway I think there is always a price to pay when you want to immigrate to other countries... I just hope it's worth the hassle...

Anyway I will keep updating my Info , so others who go in a similar situation might benefit

Thanks again for the insight

Dr Sarah said:
Thanks for the reply ... That was what I was thinking to do ... However still I am not convinced that they have checked the file properly... I work in a fortune 100 company and I am almost done with my post graduate study from the US... It just doesn't make any sense... Even if the officer thinks my English is not good enough... I have enough points to pass the pass mark even if he/she considers my proficieny as moderate.... It's just a headache to arrange for test and results in a timely manner.... Besides I live in Wisconsin and the closest center is Chicago... Further than that , there is New York, Boston, Texas,Florida, and California.... Nothing really close... It's not like the test is done every where and on frequent dates like the TOEFL, which I scored on more than 600 and I also provided to them... Ahhhh... Go figure

Anyway I think there is always a price to pay when you want to immigrate to other countries... I just hope it's worth the hassle...

Anyway I will keep updating my Info , so others who go in a similar situation might benefit

Thanks again for the insight

Just for your information even if you score more than the required points it does not guarantee that you will get a positive decision. The immigration official has to be convinced that you will be able to settle down successfully in Canada. Therefore it is absolutely essential for them to know your proficiency in English.

Got Receipt from Buffalo.

Hi guys:

This if for those who have recently applied at Buffalo. I sent my application on the 2nd Sept 2004 - got a receipt today dated 3rd December 2004. They have assigned me a file Number. Its more then 3 months !!

- msd_gc.

msd_gc said:
Hi guys:

This if for those who have recently applied at Buffalo. I sent my application on the 2nd Sept 2004 - got a receipt today dated 3rd December 2004. They have assigned me a file Number. Its more then 3 months !!

- msd_gc.
Did you include I797 (H1) in your application. Mine was returned asking for it.

Hell All

Please give me details of any Good doctors (Canadian immigration recognised) in New Jersey area for medicals. I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Gc Pain said:
Please give me details of any Good doctors (Canadian immigration recognised) in New Jersey area for medicals. I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.
Gc Pain: Sorry can't help you directly with the doc info but you can always go the CIC official web site and get all the authorized doctors and then call them one by one to see who can do it at the rate and whatever you prefer.. like date and blah blah blah..... but start out with the official website....

for CA medical exam any doctor is fine?

For CA medical exams do you have to go to doctor listed in your state of residence or any designated doctor in USA is fine?

anonymous12 said:
For CA medical exams do you have to go to doctor listed in your state of residence or any designated doctor in USA is fine?
you can go to see any doctor anywhere in the world but make sure the entire family visit the same doctor.....

how many immigrants come to canada

Is there any anual quota limit (like USA) to award immigrant visa (green cards) in the skilled worker catergory in Canada.

I am wondering how many do get Canada green cards each year and how many actully live there? Does any one know stats about that?

anonymous12 said:
Is there any anual quota limit (like USA) to award immigrant visa (green cards) in the skilled worker catergory in Canada.

I am wondering how many do get Canada green cards each year and how many actully live there? Does any one know stats about that?
I do not think so but even if there is you should not worry about it since it will not affect you. In case, they reach the limit, your case will go into the next year and it will only be delayed that is all.... but so far so good....

canada PR

One of my friends has applied for Canadian PR thru Buffalo
in May 2004 and AOR is issued in June ,2004

His h1 expires in june 2005 and will have to leave USA

In case the canadian approval process is not completed
by that period ,what are the options?

will they transfer to Delhi?
what happens to the que at Delhi? i mean where does it get in ?
If in the period (say), IA comes and
med and documentation parts are completed in USA
can passport stamping be done in Delhi?

Plan for 2005: to land 220,000 to 245,000 new permanent residents

You will find statistics and plans for Canada's immigration program in this press release. Every year Canada decides on a target for new PR's they are willing to give. However this target is not set in stone by a parliament act or anything so they do go +/- 5% or so from the quota.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/04/0416-pre.html

Hope it helps

vadak: First of all you friend should be fine and will be able to get immigration finalised by next June. However, if it is not finalised he can transfer teh case to anywhere he is going, it only delays the process.....

what to bring for medical exams

I need to do medical exams for immigration. What I need to bring for the exams?

I got Form A from CIC and I assume rest would be provided by the doctor's office?

Is driving licence is good enough for identification?

Should I bring my vaccination records?

vadak said:
One of my friends has applied for Canadian PR thru Buffalo
in May 2004 and AOR is issued in June ,2004

His h1 expires in june 2005 and will have to leave USA

In case the canadian approval process is not completed
by that period ,what are the options?

will they transfer to Delhi?
what happens to the que at Delhi? i mean where does it get in ?
If in the period (say), IA comes and
med and documentation parts are completed in USA
can passport stamping be done in Delhi?

I believe your friend should get his IA soon. If he gets interview waiver then he should not have any problem. But if in case he is called for an interview then he will have to make sure that he can get US visa to attend the interview(Generally it take 8 to 12 months to get an interview after IA).

My suggestion -

Start getting the documemnts that Buffalo usually requests from applicants after IA like FBI clearance, PCC from other countries, updated reference letters, W2, paystubs etc ready so that he can send the additional documents as soon as possible.

1) If he gets IA he can send all the docs and get the medicals done ASAP and hope that he gets passport request before June 2005. If he has to leave US he will have to give Buffalo a new address in USA (any friends add). When he gets passport request he will have to send his passport from India. He can not send it by mail or courier. Someone has to personally carry it to US with his authorization letter. Once Buffalo stamps his visa the passport has to be carried back to India. This is what a friend of mine did.

2) If he is called for interview then it will be better to transfer file to India but it will be a very long wait. By the way the files are transfered in very rare cases.

Aor

After waiting for four months, I finally got my AOR. I think I am the last person ever to get it. My AOR date is November 16. Kind of weird, that AOR is November 16 and I receive the letter today. The envelop they sent me the AOR with, was hand written.

Ah, oh well, at least I got it

runaway73 said:
After waiting for four months, I finally got my AOR. I think I am the last person ever to get it. My AOR date is November 16. Kind of weird, that AOR is November 16 and I receive the letter today. The envelop they sent me the AOR with, was hand written.

Ah, oh well, at least I got it

Runaway73, even though I got it earlier around 18/19th November my AOR date is also november 16th, though my letter wasnt hand written.