Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Some answers for the question I posted

1. What's the cost of the medical examination?
I just called two offices in San Francisco.
The cheapest one is $364/adult, $100/baby(4 month old)
Another one charge $420/adult, $120/baby.

Sorry, I have no idea.

2. Does anyone know any medical doctor who is in South Bay of California?
Anyone knows this????????

This too. I am from Texas

3. Does the little baby (4 month old) need to draw blood during the test?
No blood draw, no X-Ray for 4-month-old baby.

This one I am sure. The baby doesn't need a blood test or X-Ray. He/She only needs a physical test (normal test done by a pediatrician)

PS:
If anyone knows the cheaper medical examination service in SF/Bay area,
could you please kindly post the info?

Thanks.

could some one who recently received "PP request" post their exact date of medicals and docs sent. I sent my additional doc on October 19 and had medical done on August 25th and waiting for PP request. I have mailed landing fee with additional docs.
Thanks

Kenny04 and Johar_Ali,

Thank you so much for your good advice.

I will try to get an officer from her employer to sign the letter of reference for her and write an explanation letter why she had to leave the employer. And also will provide payslips to prove that. Anyway, we didn't count that period of employment to the points, but the expeirence before this job.

Thanks again.

LHY

PP Request

Johar,

I think it will take a minimum of 1-2 months to get PP request after sending the Additional Docs. The reason i heard is they will start the back ground checking only after getting the final documents they requested.

You are the latest person in Q so we know very soon.

-Katnev

Radgan said:
additional docs were sent on oct 01.

Hi

At the time when we applied for Canadian PR in Jun '04 my wife was on H4 visa. But now she is working and changed her status to H1.

Do we need to inform Canadian consulate about these status changes? If so, I apprecaite if someone tell me how and what information we need to submit to them.

Thanks
ind

After Initial Assessment, CIC-Buffalo would send
a request again for current statu's and more details. I would think that is the best time to let them know about the status changes etc.

PS: I'm not an attorney so act accordingly.

indgc123 said:
Hi

At the time when we applied for Canadian PR in Jun '04 my wife was on H4 visa. But now she is working and changed her status to H1.

Do we need to inform Canadian consulate about these status changes? If so, I apprecaite if someone tell me how and what information we need to submit to them.

Thanks
ind

information on accrediated translators

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this. CIC sent me a letter ask for translation of PCC in case not in english or french and the attachment they sent on PCC say that say that Translation should be done by "accredited translators". What does this mean, is there a list of " accredated translators" . I had asked question on this before and Johar ALi was kind enough to respond that any reputed translator would be ok. However i receiv this letter yesterday from CIC. Anyone been in this situation before please help.

Today got IA and what does it mean?

Today I got the initial assessment on my Canadian immigration application (submitted 3/04, application number 4/04 and IA on 12/04).

My interview has been waived and they asked me to send

Money order for right to become PR
Medical exams
Reference letter from the current employer

Although I had provided a reference letter with my application and it has very clearly state my job duration, work-nature, my role, and salary. Now why CIC is asking for the reference letter again?

My current employer is happy with my work and wants to keep me. I have applied for USA immigration too but it is taking so long that’s why I have applied for Canadian GC for back up.

Any way does it matter since my reference would not say any thing when my job is going to finish here and in this case CIC would think that I am not going to go there permanently.

I can’t ask my boss to write a specific job ending date (lets say end of 2005) because in this case they start to get nervous and start looking for some body else. I don’t to create doubts in my current job.

Any suggestions please, I will appreciate your input on that issue.

I had sent my application on Nov 7th with the fees $400 US for primary applicant as per their website. CIC received it on Nov 26. CIC Has returned my application asking for the new fees $465. I checked the website today & it says the new fees are effective Dec 1, 2004. So I do not know why mine was sent back.

The first page of the application has some notes in the section for official notes. Now my question is - should I just send the new fees with the existing application or fill in a new first page. Please help

Thanks
Sh_Ad

Sh_Ad,

Same thing happend to me last year, I mailed the same application and do not see any issues as long as the application form is current.

I don't think you will need to mention the end date in your reference letter, which is not possible to any one and there may solid impact. To my understanding it is just to ensure that you are still with the same job when you applied.
I beleive a latest reference letter from Employer plus few latest Paystubs should suffice. I've seen lot of poeple posted similar requirement and you may check the other threads like canadavisa.com and after all you may also check with your attorney if you have applied through them.

In a day or two, I can add additional details based on my experience.

- JRFF.

anonymous12 said:
Today I got the initial assessment on my Canadian immigration application (submitted 3/04, application number 4/04 and IA on 12/04).

Medical exams

Although I had provided a reference letter with my application and it has very clearly state my job duration, work-nature, my role, and salary. Now why CIC is asking for the reference letter again?

My current employer is happy with my work and wants to keep me. I have applied for USA immigration too but it is taking so long that’s why I have applied for Canadian GC for back up.

Any way does it matter since my reference would not say any thing when my job is going to finish here and in this case CIC would think that I am not going to go there permanently.

I can’t ask my boss to write a specific job ending date (lets say end of 2005) because in this case they start to get nervous and start looking for some body else. I don’t to create doubts in my current job.

lc2003 said:
Sh_Ad,

Same thing happend to me last year, I mailed the same application and do not see any issues as long as the application form is current.
Thanks lc2003

anonymous12 said:

Medical exams

The only purpose of the new reference letter is to see what you have been doing since you applied for immigration. So just get another letter from your employer mentioning your responsibilities on any recent projects you worked on and also submit pay stubs of the last couple of months as suggested before.

There is no need to mention the job ending date!

IA and financial statement

Thanks guys for very quick replies. Another thing they asked to submit is Financial statements. Could you guys make some comments on this issue too?

Any way, I have more than what is minimum funds required for Canada immigration. I have heard on the forum that immigration officer will write the amount from your bank statement on the immigration papers which you have to prove/show at the time of landing.

Q1. Funds required for a single person are 9897 Canadian dollars? And lets say if my last bank statement shows 15000 USD then would immigration officer write 15000 USD or 9897 Canadian dollars (which is the minimum amount)? And does I have to carry with same amount at the time of landing to show proof of funds or just minimum funds (10000 CAN. $) required?

At the time of landing as I read on this forum most people take either bank check or bank statement or both and amount should be the same as immigration officer wrote on the papers.

US law is one has to declare funds over 10000 USD if traveling abroad and Canada it is 10000 CAN. $.

Q2. Does carrying your bank statement counts as carry funds?

Q3. If yes, then how does one declare those funds and where or which forms?

I don’t want to get in the trouble of declaring or funds carrying issue, does it matter if I simply withdraw funds from my bank to show only what is mimimum requirements (10000 CAN dollars) which will show in my last statement?

any suggestions please

anonymous12 said:
Thanks guys for very quick replies. Another thing they asked to submit is Financial statements. Could you guys make some comments on this issue too?

Any way, I have more than what is minimum funds required for Canada immigration. I have heard on the forum that immigration officer will write the amount from your bank statement on the immigration papers which you have to prove/show at the time of landing.

Q1. Funds required for a single person are 9897 Canadian dollars? And lets say if my last bank statement shows 15000 USD then would immigration officer write 15000 USD or 9897 Canadian dollars (which is the minimum amount)? And does I have to carry with same amount at the time of landing to show proof of funds or just minimum funds (10000 CAN. $) required?

At the time of landing as I read on this forum most people take either bank check or bank statement or both and amount should be the same as immigration officer wrote on the papers.

US law is one has to declare funds over 10000 USD if traveling abroad and Canada it is 10000 CAN. $.

I don’t want to get in the trouble of declaring or funds carrying issue, does it matter if I simply withdraw funds from my bank to show only what is mimimum requirements (10000 CAN dollars) which will show in my last statement?

any suggestions please

When you land you will have to prove that you have the funds required for a single person i.e. 9897 Canadian dollars. It does not matter if you have more money than that.

I have read in various forums that immigration officials accept US Bank statements as proof of funds. But please double check that.

Hello Anonymous12

To my understanding, you can use bank statement as proof of funds if the statement is of a Canadian Bank. Otherwise, you have to have a bank draft or a cashier's check or something like that (basically showing that you have money accessible to you as soon as you are through).

Now the logic dictates that if you need money in Canada, it is not difficult to get so if you have an American bank account, but at times immigration officers act strange.

I don't think there is any particular form for such declaration. At the time of landing, the evaluating officer will ask to see proof of funds and once verified you should be ok (funds have to be atleast the minimum required and not necessarily what you showed initially at the time of application)

Again, the above is just my two cents, get it verified from other sources please.

FAA

anonymous12 said:

any suggestions please