Buffalo Tracker (please add)

runaway73 said:
After waiting for four months, I finally got my AOR. I think I am the last person ever to get it. My AOR date is November 16. Kind of weird, that AOR is November 16 and I receive the letter today. The envelop they sent me the AOR with, was hand written.

Ah, oh well, at least I got it

Runaway73,

When did they received ur application? Mine was reached them on Sep-01-04.
I have not received AOR yet? Can I send a FAX to them about the status?

Gc_puli said:
Runaway73,

When did they received ur application? Mine was reached them on Sep-01-04.
I have not received AOR yet? Can I send a FAX to them about the status?

My application was sent to them in August 18. I'd wait another month before I start asking questions. I think I am the last person of the people who applied in August to receive his AOR. I guess that's why it was hand written. Maybe their system didn't print out properly, or got jammed.

Received PP request

Hi Kenny04 and others,

I have received the PP request on Dec 11, 2004 :) . My timeline is given below.

Applied(Buffalo): July 2002

IA: May 2003 (Interview waived)

Additional docs sent: June 2003(didn't send the Medicals)
Asked for IELTS scores, but provided proof of English proficiency.

Asked for new immigration application forms to be filled out in Oct 2003.
Sent the new forms: By end of Dec 2003

No news since then for several months.

Did the medicals: Sept 2004(CIC didn't ask for it, but did it on my own)

Request to pay RPRF(formerly ROLF) recv'd in mid Nov, and sent it in two days.

PP request: Dec 10th.

Still haven't decided to go in person for the stamping or send it by mail.

Regs,
S Mathew.

Got passports back with visa

We got our passports back with the immigration visa today. We are planning to land over the Christmas holidays through Detroit-Windsor tunnel.

Timeline:

Applied: Jan 2003
AOR: Feb 2003
IA: Jan 2004
Medicals: Feb 2004
Documents sent: May 2004
Passport Request: Nov 2004
Visa stamp: Dec 2004.

All the best to the other applicants. Will post Landing experience.

FP and PCC for Minnesota

Hi, I was asked to submit US and Indian PCC. Could anyone tell me where I can get my finger printing done in Hopkins/Minneapolis, Minnesota. I have checked in my locality and the Police department in my area don't do finger printing. Does UPS or anyother similar store do finger printing.
Also can anyone tell me which is the Indian consulate servering Minnesota. I guess it's Chicago but not sure as I'm unable to access the website. Do I have to send my passport (original) for Indian PCC. I think PCC issual by the Indian consulate take about 30-45 days. I will have to post my passport to the Indian consulate. So, will my passport be with them all this time. Please let me know your expert opinions on these issues. Thanks in advance.

wilsondavid said:
Hi, I was asked to submit US and Indian PCC. Could anyone tell me where I can get my finger printing done in Hopkins/Minneapolis, Minnesota. I have checked in my locality and the Police department in my area don't do finger printing. Does UPS or anyother similar store do finger printing.
Also can anyone tell me which is the Indian consulate servering Minnesota. I guess it's Chicago but not sure as I'm unable to access the website. Do I have to send my passport (original) for Indian PCC. I think PCC issual by the Indian consulate take about 30-45 days. I will have to post my passport to the Indian consulate. So, will my passport be with them all this time. Please let me know your expert opinions on these issues. Thanks in advance.

This is what I got when I searched for "fingerprinting" on Yahoo yellow pages:

Hannon Security Svc Inc
(952) 881-5865 Web Site 9036 Grand Ave S
Bloomington, MN

A Plus Fingerprinting
(952) 894-6979 13736 Shirley Dr
Burnsville, MN

Associates For Identification
(952) 890-7901 276 River Woods Ln
Burnsville, MN

You should call these places to inquire if they do FBI fingerprinting.

You are right Minnesota comes under the jurisdiction of the Indian consulate in Chicago. You do not have to send your original passport when applying for PCC, just send a photocopy. When they get information from India about you (30 to 60 days) they will send you a letter to submit your passport. You can either mail it or go personally to get the PCC. You will have to check the website for current fees and forms required to fill to apply for Indian PCC.

s_mathew said:
Hi Kenny04 and others,

I have received the PP request on Dec 11, 2004 :) . My timeline is given below.

Applied(Buffalo): July 2002

IA: May 2003 (Interview waived)

Asked for new immigration application forms to be filled out in Oct 2003.
Sent the new forms: By end of Dec 2003

No news since then for several months.

Did the medicals: Sept 2004(CIC didn't ask for it, but did it on my own)

Request to pay RPRF(formerly ROLF) recv'd in mid Nov, and sent it in two days.

PP request: Dec 10th.

Still haven't decided to go in person for the stamping or send it by mail.

Regs,
S Mathew.

Congratulations Mathew!

Congrates S Mathew.

I also got RPRF request in end of oct. I sent RPRF fees in early november. Since then I did not hear anything from IRPC.

Did you check your status online? Does it still stay "In process" or is changed to "Approved"?

Thanks.

Congrates sapota1.

Could you please write Expiry date of visa. Is it one yr from your medical exam date or different date?

Thanks.

sapota1 said:
We got our passports back with the immigration visa today. We are planning to land over the Christmas holidays through Detroit-Windsor tunnel.

Timeline:

Applied: Jan 2003
AOR: Feb 2003
IA: Jan 2004
Medicals: Feb 2004
Documents sent: May 2004
Passport Request: Nov 2004
Visa stamp: Dec 2004.

All the best to the other applicants. Will post Landing experience.

proof of English proficiency

s_mathew said:
Hi Kenny04 and others,

Regs,
S Mathew.

Congrats.

I Just wanted to ask what have you provided as a proof of English proficiency ... I have been asked to submit the IELTS scores, though I sent letters from my school and work as a proof . I was wondering if there is something that I missed

Thanks

Keny04 suggested to vadak: Let some one carry the passport form India to US to stamp. My point is, I think it is illegal to do so.. Mailing or transporting passports across the borders is illegal in case it is through govts and is official business like you are in a country where you do not have a consulate or embassy and you have to renew your passport..... :) JUST A THOUGHT.. I maybe wrong.... but I know if mailing is illegal then carrying should be.....

Johar Ali said:
Keny04 suggested to vadak: Let some one carry the passport form India to US to stamp. My point is, I think it is illegal to do so.. Mailing or transporting passports across the borders is illegal in case it is through govts and is official business like you are in a country where you do not have a consulate or embassy and you have to renew your passport..... :) JUST A THOUGHT.. I maybe wrong.... but I know if mailing is illegal then carrying should be.....

Both of us agree that it is illegal to mail your passport ( I am talking about Indian passport here. Other countries may have different rules).

The only way to find out if it is possible to carry a passport with an authorization letter is to contact the Indian embassy. I believe its possible. So if anyone can find out some information let me know.

Kenny04 said:
Both of us agree that it is illegal to mail your passport ( I am talking about Indian passport here. Other countries may have different rules).

The only way to find out if it is possible to carry a passport with an authorization letter is to contact the Indian embassy. I believe its possible. So if anyone can find out some information let me know.

Ali and Kenny,
If you read the back pages of pssport you will come to know.It is completly illegal to tranport a posport.If they caught who ever brought the passport and who owns the passport they both are in trouble.
I can suggest even if your H1 expaires and it is completed IA better to stay here without status for some time and when it is stamped then leave this contry.Transferring to New delhi is awaste process it takes long time and new points system may come or new rules may come it is not worth.

Hi,
Could some body please post information about the following.
If the H1 Visa stamped on Passport is expired (Expired in Nov 2004) and have new H1B approval with I-94 (Expiring Nov 2005).
Can I visit Canada and come back to U.S without having US Visa stamped (Will come back in 2 weeks).

Are there any special requirements such as, Should go by land only and can't fly.

Thanks in advance.
JRF.

new member - please help

I am new to this forum. I applied for CPResidency in April 04 (Buffalo), got file number in May 04. Last Friday I received a letter saying that we need to attend interview in LA. As per my knowledge I was submitted all the required documents. I aslo recently sent my H1B extension and H4 extension papers to include with my file. They received them and they send me the medical forms with the Interview letter. The letter says, "The Initial Assessment was completed". You need to attend the personal interview at the visa officer. The letter says no additional documents are required. The letter also says the file is in transfer queue, and they will send one more letter once they transferred the file to LA office.

Could some one please explain how long it takes to get the interview date? And I don't know why they send it to LA? I never selected LA option in my app. I live in MO.

The letter says you should submit medical reports at the interview officer.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

if you donot have a valid visa on the passport ,u could be technically
not authorised entry.extension of approval of h1 is just a document
authorising your status in usa and can not be used in lieu of visa for travel

since it is canada , asper the contiguos rule they used to allow earlier
but not anymore --I guess (please check )Is it worth the trouble?

Sree_Manikanta said:
I am new to this forum. I applied for CPResidency in April 04 (Buffalo), got file number in May 04. Last Friday I received a letter saying that we need to attend interview in LA. As per my knowledge I was submitted all the required documents. I aslo recently sent my H1B extension and H4 extension papers to include with my file. They received them and they send me the medical forms with the Interview letter. The letter says, "The Initial Assessment was completed". You need to attend the personal interview at the visa officer. The letter says no additional documents are required. The letter also says the file is in transfer queue, and they will send one more letter once they transferred the file to LA office.

Could some one please explain how long it takes to get the interview date? And I don't know why they send it to LA? I never selected LA option in my app. I live in MO.

The letter says you should submit medical reports at the interview officer.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

First thing you should do is get CAIPS notes. Through the notes you will come to know what doubts the immigration officer had regarding your case.

At this time your file has been put in queue to be transfered to LA. You do not decide where the file is sent the visa officer decides. There are four consulates where interviews are held and I believe LA is the fastest so I think you are lucky. In a couple of months you should get a letter from LA saying that they have received your file. Overall you will have to wait for an additional 8 to 12 months now to get interview.

There is a thread for people who have interview in LA so you can check that out.

question

Hi Guys:
I did my medical last month end and have send all the forms to buffalo. From my side i have provided all the information along with right of residence fee.

How long generally it takes for them to ask for the passport?
And how long it takes for them to send the passport back? I am planning to go to india in first week of May.

Please advice.
thanks.