Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Here are my timelines.

Application Sent - 04/04.
AOR - 05/04,
Initial Assessment- 12/28/04 (letter received 01/03/04). Interview Waived.

Documets asked for are: 1) Background Information for self and spouse since Application date, 2) Statement of funds, 3) Original PCC of India for self and spouse, 4) Medicals for self, spouse and son, 5) RPRF for self and souse.

Now the inevitable question :) ! For getting PCC by mail from Indian Consulate, do I have to submit original passport or can I send copies of passport ?

Ia

can someone plz tell me what is IA and AOR?

Also, what is the validity of the PCC. I got one from India, the CIC says 90 days validity, Buffalo website says 180 days. Can someone comment.

Thanks for your earlier responses.

shahamitr: Calm down. you are trying to do too many things in too little time.
If you calm down and read sirini88 post, you will find answers to all of your questions.
AOR=when you get receipt for your application.
IA=Initial assesment
If you have an older PCC, go ahead and mail it in and you will find out at the IA if they ask you for a new one. Meanwhile you can try to get a new one and mail it in or just sit tight and waite what happens.

Can anyone tell me howlong it will take to get the receipt number?? I sent my application form on 11/18/04 and haven't received any letter from them??

Sreedhar

It is approximately taking 3 months now a days.. I sent on 08/20/04 and rcd my AOR on 11/17/04

check the yogi799.com

sreedharj said:
Can anyone tell me howlong it will take to get the receipt number?? I sent my application form on 11/18/04 and haven't received any letter from them??

Sreedhar

Hello KTYM,
For newborn birth certificate, go personally at your county recorder's office (office of vital records) and you can get one within 7 days of birth, instead of waiting for the mail. Similarly get the SSN# personally. Then you can apply for his PP. This way, I got the PP of my newborn within a month.
Thanks

Ktym said:
Finally got the Fingerprints report from the FBI, it took 9 weeks. With this I would have submitted all the additional documents that were requested based on IA, medicals completed. But again I have a new born and its almost a month, still haven't received the birth certificate, unbelievable. If the child was born in India I could have got the birth certificate as well as passport in one months time.

My time line:

Application submitted in Feb 2004
AOR- Feb 2004
IA - Oct 2004
Medicals - Nov 2004
Additional documents submitted - Dec 2004
FBI Fingerprint report will be submitted in Jan 2005

SFbay2Vanc,

Thanks for the advise, I am going to find out where our county records office is and see if I can get it from them. I did call them earlier and they said they are behind by a month and I will have to wait for my turn to come.

Case pending more then 17 months

We got our B# on Aug 03 and nothing after that .

I was thinking to write a letter to the consulate . Can any one send me a letter formart please .

Thanks

Ktym said:
SFbay2Vanc,

Thanks for the advise, I am going to find out where our county records office is and see if I can get it from them. I did call them earlier and they said they are behind by a month and I will have to wait for my turn to come.
I believe yu can get away with the hospital records of birth if you have copies of the record. Just write a cover letter explaining why you could not get birth certificate and mail it in whenever you get it. However, your county should issue you one right at the spot. Social security might be the limiting factor though since you would need to mail in the social security number....

Today I got Passport request

Today I got passport request. I have given my friend address for all communication for canada. Can I give my home address in prepaid envlope for rentun passport.

Anybody have done this ?

Thanks

waitingsince2k1 said:
Today I got passport request. I have given my friend address for all communication for canada. Can I give my home address in prepaid envlope for rentun passport.

Anybody have done this ?

Thanks

Hi,

When you applied and sent all the documents. I have been waiting for long time for this.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
arun

hou_inter

You can fax them and see if you get a response, there is no format for these things, just a regular letter asking for status with your file number will do, good luck

Canada PR delay

Johar Ali,
Johar Ali,
I applied for PR in Aug.2003 and Application was received on Nov.2003 saying your file has been created . On June 24th 2004 recevied Medical forms with instructions and more information was required on background which I sent in two days.Received another letter on Oct.18th 2004 to send more information about my daughter's background and sent the same in two days. Initially I requested for interview in Los Angeles but I wrote to them to interview me in Buffalo instead. I faxed the request and mailed too but heard nothing. You being experienced in this forum please let us know what could be the situation in our case. How long do you think we have to wait for Medical request, are they going to waive interview,are they going to accept our request to change the place of interview.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Bill

Medical Forms

Johar Ali
Did you appear for interview and got your Medical completed later .Please update your experience after you received Medical Forms.
Thanks
Bill

billofempire: Once you have received medical forms you should have not asked for interview place change. There is one more thing, didn't they waived your interview. CIC will normally say interview waived at this time when you get IA. Anyway, right now you can order caips notes if an interview was required. There are websites mentioned in the earlier posts regarding tracking interview files queue. I am sure oyu can easily search the detail regardin the CAIPS notes as well as interview files. Good luck. p.s. CIC susually do not respond to faxes or any other form of requests. By the way there are other expereinced people on this forum as well I am just one of you but thanks for the complemet.

My time line:
AD: December 2003
AOR: January 2004
IA: August 09, 2004 interview waived
Medicals August, Additional doc October 2004
PPR: Pending

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference between AOR date and online date

Hi all,
I have aquestion I got AOR # on May 13 . And online status says "we started your processing your case on june 09 2004"So i assume my AOR completed in may 13 ,then what is this June 09 ,2004?.

To Johar Ali--You will get pp request soon .Please don't leave the forum when you got your pp request :)
Thanks

to chicagopains

Even I had the same in terms of AOR & e-client differences. AOR was on Jan 24 2003 but e-client says started processing Feb5 2003. When I had requested CAIPS while waiting for PP req, I found that Feb5 2003 was the day when a form called IMM1017S( dont know what its for maybe an internal form) was requested. I am guessing this is the day they cash your fees.

chicagopain: When is your mail in time. This could be just a small typing glitch so do not worry about it. You shoul dbe getting IA soon...

Canada PR

Johar Ali

I did not appear for the interview at all. In fact, in the beginning there was a column in the Immigration forms where one has to mention place of an interview and I mentioned Los Angeles because it was nearer to my place of living. I received only medical forms with our photographs attached. There is letter saying not to get Medical done till interviewed. I do not really know wether the Interview will be waived and also if they will change the venue of the interview from my initial request from Los Angeles to Buffalo. Also, please let me know what harm/damage can cause if request is made to change the venue of an interview, I did it because one of the attorneys suggested that your case will take six months to reach Los Angeles office and another six months to come back to Buffalo after the interview. If they accept my request to change the venue of the interview I might save six to one year further delay caused by transfer of case. Please suggest what steps I should take to have further details about my case. What good it will do if I order caips. Hope to hear from you guys.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Bill[