Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Sh_Ad said:
Thanks Johar Ali for your response. Any idea, how come they have encashed the draft but not reply back. Can this happen?

Also how long did it take for you to receive your AOR after you resent the application.

Thanks
Sh_Ad
Yes it is common for them to cash the draft before you get an AOR. Just waite it is kind of taking longer these days as you see on yogi799

waitingsince2k1 said:
I am too far from Buffalo. I can send by only mail. Can anyone tell me I should send passport with I-94 ?

Please help me ...........
could you please post your time line.. Thanks

Caips Notes

Johar Ali
Please let me know if the CAIPS Notes are to be ordered for principal Applicant only or entire family of four. How did you order Caips Notes and what was the cost? Did you apply on line and gave Canadaian Address and paid with Credit card?. Please specify.
Thanks
Bill

Canada PR

Johar Ali
When I sent my application in the beginning I received letter stating that my application is received and is in Que for IA and when the initial assessment is done you will receive Medical Forms which I did and twice in six months I was requested for further information on background check. I requested them thrice to change the venue of my interview from LA to Bafflo and did not hear anything from them till date. My question is wether I will be interviewed and if yes what could be the reason. What is the basic ground for an interview waiver? I see most of the people in forums got their interview waived. Do you suggest if I fax them proof of a legal stay before they ask us and also if we should get the fingerprinting done without their asking? Please comment.

Thanks
Bill

Guys,

I'm planning to land in Canada through Detroit (by car) next week and come back in a couple of days.

1> What document should I take,
2>What do I say at the entry point. Is it OK if I tell them that I will be going back to US to wrap up everything and come back in a few months.

Thanks.

billofempire said:
Johar Ali
Please let me know if the CAIPS Notes are to be ordered for principal Applicant only or entire family of four. How did you order Caips Notes and what was the cost? Did you apply on line and gave Canadaian Address and paid with Credit card?. Please specify.
Thanks
Bill
I ordered through caipsnotes.com. You order for the entire family and will 30 dollars no matter how many individuals in one file. However, consent is required for everyon e over 18 years of age. You will find out what I mean by consent once you have completed the process. Good luck

billofempire: When you received teh medical forms what did the letter say. There should be a letter with the medical form/forms stating what is expected of you next. If there was no mention of an interview then it should say interview waived. So wihtout looking at the letter with the medical forms, I can not say much.

Your next problem is, they asked you for background check twince but did you act on it. And if you did what did you do. I can say anything since I do not know what oyu did and what exactly are they asking you to do.

Sendig them finger prints will not do much. Send them what they ask for and stop asking for a venue change for hte interview especially you are not even asked for interview. What will prompt an interview, so your case is a good example because you are asking for things that you should not be asking and you are not doing what they are asking you to do. No you do not need to send them your legal status since they have not asked you and your application is already accepted as such if they do ask then mail it to them. Right now you need to ask someone to read all the letter for you carefully that you have receieved and figur things out exactly what is goin g on.

Other things which can prompt an interview.
1) problem in background check,
2) problem in medicals.
3) problem with language
4) random selection.
and many more... Goodluck :)

s_mathew said:
Hi Johar Ali,

Thanks. The Medicals was sent in late deliberately to delay the process little bit! Luckily everything worked out fine and I got more time here in US.

SMathew.
But don't they give you like time frame. I was given 60 days from the date of the IA.. to do my medicals...

To singh244

We landed via the detroit-windsor tunnel on 28th dec2004. We took all the prescribed documents such as cashiers check, bank statements(even though we werent asked to show it). landing documents, passports & list of goods to follow & goods carrying(2 copies). We used a rental car & listed our car as goods to follow(we were questioned a little bit on the exact month of manufacture but since we didnt have that and since we were only listing it as goods to follow, it was ok). We returned back the US on 1st Jan. To Canadian immigration, I did not explicitly mention that I would return to US in a few days( however if asked I would have mentioned it). To the Canadian customs officer, I did mention that I would import the car only after 6 months.
Hope this helps.

s_mathew said:
Hi all,

"Happy New Year".

After receiving the PP request in Dec '04, I went to Buffalo for stamping. Dropped the passports for me and my family and got them back in the afternoon. I did the medicals in Sept '04 and hence I have time until Sept '05 for landing.

This forum had been very useful for me. I would like to thank everyone for contributing with valuable informations and sharing their experiences.

Wish you all good luck. I will share my landing experience with you all after landing.

My timeline is as follows-

Visa post: Buffalo, NY
Date applied: July 2002(employment category)
IA : May 2003(Interview waived)
Medicals sent: Sept 2004
ROLF paid: Nov 2004
PP Request: Dec 2004
Visa stamped: Dec 2004

Regards,
SMathew.

Hi SMathew,

I was under the impression that one only gets 60 days after getting IA (interview waiver) to submit medicals, else the application is considered to be abandoned.

Did you request the extra time between May 2003 and Sep 2004, or do they automatically keep the case alive.

My timeline:

App. filed: Jan 2004
IA (interview waived): Oct 2004
Medicals requested, but I have not done it so far.

sapota1 said:
We landed via the detroit-windsor tunnel on 28th dec2004. We took all the prescribed documents such as cashiers check, bank statements(even though we werent asked to show it). landing documents, passports & list of goods to follow & goods carrying(2 copies). We used a rental car & listed our car as goods to follow(we were questioned a little bit on the exact month of manufacture but since we didnt have that and since we were only listing it as goods to follow, it was ok). We returned back the US on 1st Jan. To Canadian immigration, I did not explicitly mention that I would return to US in a few days( however if asked I would have mentioned it). To the Canadian customs officer, I did mention that I would import the car only after 6 months.
Hope this helps.

Thanks sapota1.

that was very informative.

Any issue with AP

I am planning to go canada around April. is there any issue come back with AP.

I heard that Canada Immigation office will not allow comeback to US without PR card ? is it true ?

singh244 said:
Thanks sapota1.

that was very informative.

Canada PR

Johar Ali
When I received Medical forms, the letter along with forms said Buffalo Regional Program Center has now completed the initial analysis of your application. We have determined that a personal interview with visa officer is required and will take place at Los Angeles. I am surprised to note the lines in the same letter about Medical. It says: Do not schedule your Medical until you receive your interview date. You should arrange your medical examination promptly after you receive your interview date , That means our interview is a formalty or what? Does it clearly mean that they have decided to give us PR that is why they are getting our Medical done on the base of interview date only.
Along with the letter there was a form to complete about background which I furnished instantly like I mentioned to you earlier. In fact, whenever somebody wants/mentions an interview away from Buffalo, they seek interviews. Same thing happened to one of my friends. My only worry is, are they going to change the venue or not? If they change, I am sure I will save another six months. Please comment. Are Caips Notes going to be of any help?
Please comment.
Thanks
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Would you please tell, How I can apply for CAIPS notes ? Is their any specific reliable site do this or Should I contact canadian lawyer for this ?

The online tracking is always tells "started processing with the date they received 1.5 years before"

Is their any specific phone no. or fax no. exist to contact for getting the status ?

I like to do revalidation also apart from landing there. Because of the distance I want to go by flight ? which place will be better to land ?

Thanks
arun

Along with the IA, they sent me a list of docs to be send within 60 days but didn't mention about the medicals although they sent me the forms along with the IA. So, I assumed I could send it later.

SMathew.

Johar Ali said:
But don't they give you like time frame. I was given 60 days from the date of the IA.. to do my medicals...

Hi gc_despo,

If they have requested the medicals, then you should send it within the time frame. But, in my case they didn't ask me(the checklist was not ticked) to submit it along with the other docs they requested. I don't know whether it was a mistake from their part or they might have changed the procedure later.

I am not sure whether they automatically keep the case alive if the requested doc is not submitted in time.

SMathew.

gc-despo said:
Hi SMathew,

I was under the impression that one only gets 60 days after getting IA (interview waiver) to submit medicals, else the application is considered to be abandoned.

Did you request the extra time between May 2003 and Sep 2004, or do they automatically keep the case alive.

My timeline:

App. filed: Jan 2004
IA (interview waived): Oct 2004
Medicals requested, but I have not done it so far.

Hi waitingsince2k1,

You mean if you don't have a U.S green card, they won't let you back in to U.S on AP? While coming back to U.S, we will be dealing with the U.S immigration, right? BTW, where from you got the info? Did anyone had this experience? Please share.

SMathew.

waitingsince2k1 said:
I am planning to go canada around April. is there any issue come back with AP.

I heard that Canada Immigation office will not allow comeback to US without PR card ? is it true ?

AP is valid to come back in US

SMathew,

You are new baby to immigation. Please do not give any information if you do not know. People will scared. AP is valid to come back in USA. but I am asking people.. anyone used that.

Thanks,

s_mathew said:
Hi waitingsince2k1,

You mean if you don't have a U.S green card, they won't let you back in to U.S on AP? While coming back to U.S, we will be dealing with the U.S immigration, right? BTW, where from you got the info? Did anyone had this experience? Please share.

SMathew.

billofempire said:
Johar Ali
When I received Medical forms, the letter along with forms said Buffalo Regional Program Center has now completed the initial analysis of your application. We have determined that a personal interview with visa officer is required and will take place at Los Angeles. I am surprised to note the lines in the same letter about Medical. It says: Do not schedule your Medical until you receive your interview date. You should arrange your medical examination promptly after you receive your interview date , That means our interview is a formalty or what? Does it clearly mean that they have decided to give us PR that is why they are getting our Medical done on the base of interview date only.
Along with the letter there was a form to complete about background which I furnished instantly like I mentioned to you earlier. In fact, whenever somebody wants/mentions an interview away from Buffalo, they seek interviews. Same thing happened to one of my friends. My only worry is, are they going to change the venue or not? If they change, I am sure I will save another six months. Please comment. Are Caips Notes going to be of any help?
Please comment.
Thanks
Bill
get CAIPS notes. Hold on to medicals. You have asked for venue changed already so just waite and see what happens. Try interview queue you can find info regarding the interview queue in the earlier psots. Interview does not mean you are approved or not. CAIPS notes will help in determining what trigered the interview.

I ordered CAIPS notes from www.caipsnotes.com it costs USD 30.00
this also answer arungcwaiting question...
Good luck