Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi RahulDC

Hi RahulDC

Loooks like you got good deal on your medical.
Can you please send me Dr.'s name /phone no.
I also live in DC area (Columbia -MD area).

Another question:
Do you know where we have to send fingerprint (FBI location ) ?

Thanks
abb421@yahoo.com

Re: what do the doctors check

When I did my Medicals, every thing was done on the same day. There was no TB test. They did X-ray and I assume they normally don't do TB test unles something comes up positive in the X-ray. There was no shots (vaccination). There was blood work. They normally collect blood sample on the same day and then send the sample for testing. My doctor told me that it will take couple of days before he gets the blood work results. They also did routine physical exam, urinalysis, vision, blood pressure...So, ideally the Medical exam should not cost you more than one visit to the Doctor.

Hope this was helpeful....

Originally posted by immi_2003
Hi,

I am just wondering what the doctors check for the medical. Do they do TB test which will take a few days? Blood work? Any shots?

Guys with experience please reply.

File transfer

I got the initial assessment done a month back and required to take an interview at LA consulate. The assessment letter also said that the current wait time is 7-10 months before my file would be transferred to LA consulate and then I will get a letter from them with the interview date. I thought it's their delaying tactics but....

But, the good news is that I got another letter today saying my file is transferred and that means I will be called for an interview any time now( within next couple of months).
Isn't that great:)

I think Canadian immigration is working smoothly unlike US immigration which really sucks ...:confused:

Anyway, I hope this information is good for people who are waiting for their interview date.

Good Luck!!

Thanks,

Medical in NY

Hi All,

I was reading through the posts and just wanted to say that I got my medicals done in NY city for $150 back in May!!!!! Can't remember the Doc's name but he is in the CIC list and is in Chinatown.

I was surprised as well as the other quotes were over $300. He also get 's the results out in a week.

Hope this info helps.
Nita.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had done my medicals in the last week of aug and have not heard back from the consulate? How long is it taking nowadays on an average to get the request for passports.

I see some members who gave got back response in less than a month, hence I was getting worried.

Thanks

For srini88,

Did medicals in May and got passport request in Aug. Sent a fax after 3 mths to check on status and received the letter a week later.

Nita

Originally posted by Pitt
For srini88,

Did medicals in May and got passport request in Aug. Sent a fax after 3 mths to check on status and received the letter a week later.

Nita

Pitt:

You sent a fax to (716) 852-2477 or some other number? Thanks.

Landing papers received

Got the landing papers on Friday.

Here are my dates:

Filed Oc 28, 2001
Intial Assessment Dec 3rd, 2002
Medicals done : April 22nd, Aug 10th.
Req for passport Oct 7th.
Passport sent Oct 22nd
Passpord received Oct 31st.

There is a delay of 3 months or so because there were problems in my medical test and I was asked to redo them.

List of doctors

Hello,
this forum is really great.
I aplied on : Nov 22 2002
Recd. Initial assessment: Oct 18 2003
Recd. interview waiver

I have to submit medicals within next 60 days. I was going thr' the list and foung 2 names for Massechusetts. One of the doctor can not make it before Jan since she is on materbity vacation and another doctor is charging too much 400$ for adaul and 275 for my 10 year old son. It comes around 1200 $ for all of us.
Does anybody know a doctor who is less expensive? I can go to NY or any nearby states too if it is saving me money.
Experienced members please help on this.

Genius,
were you asked for additional documents such as FBI, bank letter, employemnt verification etc. If so please provide details.
Thanks,

singh244 ,
yes I am asked to submit FBI, bank letter, employemnt verification etc. in 90 days. Are you in the same stage?
Genius

For Genius,

I got my medicals done in NY city for $150 back in May. He is also open on sundays which was very conveniant.

Doc's info:

Man-Chiu Wong
33 Bowery, Suite B-201, New York, NY, 10002
(212) 431-3111

He is in Chinatown & sends the results to Ottawa in a week using FEDEX.

Hope this info helps.
Nita.

Re: List of doctors

Originally posted by Genius
Hello,
this forum is really great.
I aplied on : Nov 22 2002
Recd. Initial assessment: Oct 18 2003
Recd. interview waiver

I have to submit medicals within next 60 days. I was going thr' the list and foung 2 names for Massechusetts. One of the doctor can not make it before Jan since she is on materbity vacation and another doctor is charging too much 400$ for adaul and 275 for my 10 year old son. It comes around 1200 $ for all of us.
Does anybody know a doctor who is less expensive? I can go to NY or any nearby states too if it is saving me money.
Experienced members please help on this.

Hey Genius,
Did u say u applied in Nov 22 2002? Just want to make sure its not a typo. That would mean u got your initial assessment within a year. That is really fast. BTW, did u send out your application on this date or did CIC start processing your application on this date

Thanks

Adding Child

Hi

We received application kit to add my newborn to the PR process. Do we have to just fill in application for my newborn or file new application under my name and add my baby to dependant list.

Pls advice

Genius

Could you tell us just what significance was 22nd Nov 2002..you said in your earlier post that that was the date you applied..Is that so or was that the date that they started processing your application..my application started processing around that time hence my interest..

Thanks and good luck

Sorry it's a typo.

Sorry it's a typo. I applied on Jun 22nd 2002 and recd. my file number on Nov 22nd 2002.

Re: Sorry it's a typo.

Originally posted by Genius
Sorry it's a typo. I applied on Jun 22nd 2002 and recd. my file number on Nov 22nd 2002.

Had another question. Did CIC ask you for any additional documents for proving english proficiency? Had you given the IELTS test?

Thanks