Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Applicant not in the US

Hello,

I need to get some advice on my brother's Canadian Immigration situation. He applied for Canadian Permanent Residency last year in June while he was working in the US on H1. Later he left US and went back home for another job opportunity. I just received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate asking for additional documents which includes FBI finger printing results, job verification and funds verification etc.

My question is that is he still eligible for the process through the Buffalo consulate? Should my brother send them the additional documents and explain his current situaton or should he not even bother and just request for a file transfer to the consulate back home? Although interview has not been requested he now has a B1 visa and he can travel to the US in case he is required to do so.

If you guys can provide some suggestions, opinions or personal experiences I will greatly appreciate it.

For the records: 07/2002>11/2002>11/2003>N

Thanks,

Fareeh

(Sorry.....I wanted to post this here rather than starting a new thread)

Re: Cheap doctors in Bay Area, CA

Originally posted by vxmehra98
All three doctors are charging between $425 to $500 per person for the medical exam....Has anybody got lucky in reducing these fees and/or find a different doctor.

I recently also got the medical done for 1-485, can some of the medical results from that be used for Canadian Immigration Purpose.

One of my friend did it in LA downtown, it was pretty cheap (around 170 per person), check it out.

Re: Applicant not in the US

Originally posted by FA6506
Hello,

I need to get some advice on my brother's Canadian Immigration situation. He applied for Canadian Permanent Residency last year in June while he was working in the US on H1. Later he left US and went back home for another job opportunity. I just received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate asking for additional documents which includes FBI finger printing results, job verification and funds verification etc.

My question is that is he still eligible for the process through the Buffalo consulate? Should my brother send them the additional documents and explain his current situaton or should he not even bother and just request for a file transfer to the consulate back home? Although interview has not been requested he now has a B1 visa and he can travel to the US in case he is required to do so.

If you guys can provide some suggestions, opinions or personal experiences I will greatly appreciate it.

For the records: 07/2002>11/2002>11/2003>N

Thanks,

Fareeh

(Sorry.....I wanted to post this here rather than starting a new thread)

Fareeh, in case you don't receive a response from anyone on this board, try www.britishexpats.com. Click on the Discussion Forum link on the left hand side and select Canadian Immigration

Fareeh,

My personal suggestion would be that if possible your brother can visit US on B1 and do the remaining process. It should not matter with Canadian immig. that he was on H1 and now on B1. I think that it does matter that would like to have your brother legal stay in US, which would be on B1 too.

Transfering the file back home may be equal to staring all over again.

All this is my personal suggestion.

-- PKap

Re: stranger1, Download application form from cic.gc.ca and apply it.

Thanks vsshah. I will download the forms from CIC site and sent it to them......We got to do whatever they ask for.

Originally posted by vsshah
I applied from India as a single applicant. After that I moved to USA. I got interview date in India also. But I was in USA.
So, I transferred my file to USA and informed New Delhi(India) about not attending interview. After that I got married and got 1 kid. I informed Buffalo autority about my marriage and birth of kid(But never sent application for my wife and kid). They sent me same letter as you and told me to apply with up-to-date information.

So, I applied again and applied for my wife and kid also. I think, they considered my 2nd time application from scratch and took one year to process. I applied 2nd time in May 2001. I did FBI fingerprint for my wife and me at that time.

I hope it helps.

Re: Re: Applicant not in the US

Originally posted by maximo
Fareeh, in case you don't receive a response from anyone on this board, try www.britishexpats.com. Click on the Discussion Forum link on the left hand side and select Canadian Immigration

Thanks for the responses. I will post this question to other web site as well. It seems like he can continue the process. I will ask him to submit the rest of the documents and send a certificate of good conduct along with an explanation of his current situation. If they ask for an interview after receiving the remaining documents he can always come to the US for the interview.

Thanks again.

For KSandy, FromEast, Grammaben, MyKan, Krishna02,

Have any of you got your passport request yet? My timeline is very similar to yours:
25/02/02, 15/07/02, 26/06/03,N, 21/07/03, ...
I know we are all very close so I thought I will ask if someone had got the call.
Satish

How to get Police Certificate from India?

Applied in June2002.

In Oct 2003, I got a package with the Application forms and a letter asking me to provide the updated Bank statements and Employment Letter. I sent all the information in a week.

On Nov 5th 2003, I got a letter stating that the initial assessment is completed and the interview is waived. They have sent the medical forms (should be submitted within 60 days) and requested the following documents (should be submitted within 90 days)-

1) Updated Bank Statements
2) W2s and Statement of Earnings
3) Educational Credentials of spouse
4) Original Letters of “no record” or certificates of “good conduct” for the following family members from the following countries:
1) Principal – India and FBI
2) Spouse -- India and FBI

I will be doing the Finger printing for FBI Clearance for the second time now. (Already, I have done it once, when I submitted the application in June 2002).

Questions:--

Gurus, What type of information should I get from India? Thanks in Advance!

I live in Massachusetts, did any one of you do the medicals recently. Only one dr is available and he is charging 400$ Per person.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Satish

No satish, i haven't yet recd anything after medical..

I do not know what is happening. some people who did their med 1-1/2 month before have got passport request.

lets wait for few days more.

Thanks,
Rama.

Best way to Delay Medical

I do not want to go Canada. My company is planning to apply I485(USA). but I got Medical form for Canada.

How to delay Medical for canada ? What is best reason I can tell them to delay medical ?

Also my wife is pregnant.

Anybody delay medical for Canada ?

Thanks

Pleae Help

Gurus,
Can you please advise regarding my Canada PR. I applied to canada PR in 05/28/02 and my they started evaluating my application in Nov 2002 (Online status tells this). After that I have not received any information from them. Can you please let me know, what to do. Also please let me know, if anyone is in the same boat.

Thanks,
-Srinivas.

Requesting info

Gurus,

Applied for Canadian PR in June 2002 and received file number in Nov' 2002. In Sept 2003, received a letter from the Buffalo Office that an interview is required. They also sent me the medical forms and have asked me to wait for further instructions regarding interview and medicals.

Last week, I received another letter from the Buffalo office stating that my file has been transferred to the Newyork Office. In case of any questions, I need to contact only the NY office and not the Buffalo office.

Did anyone encounter a similar situation?. If yes, How long did it take for the interview date after the file was transferred from Buffalo to Newyork.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
DA

Hi dsnvas

Did CIC mention any time line for sending passport for visa stamping. My means any time limit like in medical they mention 60 days etc.
Thanks.

Re: How to get Police Certificate from India?

Originally posted by MEOW_MEOW
Applied in June2002.

In Oct 2003, I got a package with the Application forms and a letter asking me to provide the updated Bank statements and Employment Letter. I sent all the information in a week.

On Nov 5th 2003, I got a letter stating that the initial assessment is completed and the interview is waived. They have sent the medical forms (should be submitted within 60 days) and requested the following documents (should be submitted within 90 days)-

1) Updated Bank Statements
2) W2s and Statement of Earnings
3) Educational Credentials of spouse
4) Original Letters of “no record” or certificates of “good conduct” for the following family members from the following countries:
1) Principal – India and FBI
2) Spouse -- India and FBI

I will be doing the Finger printing for FBI Clearance for the second time now. (Already, I have done it once, when I submitted the application in June 2002).

Questions:--

Gurus, What type of information should I get from India? Thanks in Advance!

I live in Massachusetts, did any one of you do the medicals recently. Only one dr is available and he is charging 400$ Per person.

Meow,

I think the only problem you may get is getting police certificate from India, you need to do it at local indian embassy, officialy they will give it back to you within 45 days.

Abt less expensive medical, try Newyork, 4 hr drive from MA, please visit previous pages, someone suggested one doctor in NY charging only $150 per person.

To MEow MEow,

I am from MA too. There are two doctor in Boston not one. I did my medical from Michael Goldstein. He charged me $245 for one adult and $75 for kid. Why not try him. He is good.

Medicals done for 170$; Thanks Pitt-Nitu!

I had my medicals done at Newyork, yesterday. Yes, this doctor is open on Sundays too!!! (Thanks Pitt -- you have mentioned about this doctor in this forum!!!)

Details:--
New York Man-Chiu Wong 33 Bowery, Suite B-201, New York, NY, 10002 (212) 431-3111

They charged only $170 per person!

In Massachusetts, only 2 doctors are currently listed:--

1)Richard A. Brodie - Charges 400$ per person
2)Weihong Zheng - On Maternity leave, charges 240$ per person.

Anyways, thanks for your reply Jalma!

RahulatDC -- Thanks for your reply! I would contact the Consulate on Wednesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
got the passports back

Hi all,
We got our passports back today in mail. Maybe someone can update the tracker. It took 10 days. I will post my landing experience in relevant tracker. Planning to just fly to vancouver, apply PR and come back same day.

Cheers,
Kalpesh

passport request

Yesterday I got passport request. My status is:

ivaylo --> 11/7/2001 --> 01/10/2002 --> 12/4/2002 --> N --> 04/18/2003 --> 11/10/2003 --> pending

Ivaylo