Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Importing car from USA

Appreciate if someone can provide me with information as to what are the exact steps I need to go through in order to move a car from US to Canada through movers. I will not be driving it and also if anyone can give reference to any good moving company.

Thanks in advance..

Language proficiency

Hi Gurus,

Has anyone submitted a letter to prove language proficiency? It will be a great help if you could post a sample. I'm planning to apply soon. Thanks a lot in advance.

Jom

Medical & others

Today I got letter from Canda INS. they asked FBI, bank letter, employemnt verification etc. in 90 days.

I got also medical form. Now I am in Kansas. I do not see any doctor in Kansas State. Anybody have idea , How much cost me ?

I applied on 15th NOV 2002.

Anybody is in Same boat.

Thanks

Re: Medical & others

Originally posted by AshvinKPatel
Today I got letter from Canda INS. they asked FBI, bank letter, employemnt verification etc. in 90 days.

I got also medical form. Now I am in Kansas. I do not see any doctor in Kansas State. Anybody have idea , How much cost me ?

I applied on 15th NOV 2002.

Anybody is in Same boat.

Thanks

Hi Ashwin,
I believe Genius may be in the same boat. See some of the posts preceding this one.

BTW, did you send out your application in november or did CIC start processing your application on that date?
Also, did you give the IELTS test. If not, did CIC request for this?

Thanks

Same boat

Singh244,Genius and other you are at the same stage here is my my info
Update from h1bfate:
Received initial assessment 24thOct'03
No interview required at this point. scored 77 points(my assumption).
Medical to be completed in 60 days.
Other docs to be sent within 90days. Such as
updated FBI cert ,Birth certs,Marriage cert,Education certs, Bank statements, Updated Certififed true copies of Detailed emp letters (with roles, responsibilies,past ,Current ),Latest Paystubs, current status in US(H1 etc), Proficency in English/french launguage by language assessment test or proof of english as meduim of training of the education, & ROLF.

6/26/02->11/20/02->10/24/03-N

I haven't taken IELT exam and not planning on doing so,
Since I have been working here for 6 yrs and obtained a MS from US university, I am planning on getting a letter drafted from my HR that my current job required english as language for communication and am proficient in english and was carring out the job for 6 years.(not sure if it works but that is plan)
will keep you posted.

After Medical How much time

Hi all

Can someone share his exp.
I have done my medical last week in Dallas, TX, it cost me $250 and 1/2 hr. process per person.
My ques. is how much time it is taking now a days to get passport request for visa stamping from buffalo post after medical.

Time line - June 02, Nov 02, Sept 03 - N, Oct 03

Thanks in advance.

Medical with pregnant woman

I got Medical Forms for me ,my wife, son. my wife is pregnant. I called Canada INS approved doctor today they told me they cannot take x-ray for my wife. So they will do x-ray, checkup for me & son. And fill out form for Canada. But I have to go again for my wife x-ray once she delivery the baby.

As per USA Green Card Process: we can do Medical even pregnant wife also. But we do not have to go again for any remaining process like vaccine or x-ray,

What Can I do? Somebody gone same situation like me.

Thanks,

Did medicals today in Atlanta. They asked me - 3 passport size pictures, passport, 360$ ,doctor accepted credit card payment.

Also received FBI fingerprints today (were sent on Oct 16 ).
hope to get the passport request soon.
thanks,

To dsnvas

Is your case interview waiver and when u got your assessment. have u asked to submit any additional documents.. if so, when u did.. pl reply.

Rama

Hi Ashvinpatel,

My situation is same as yours. You can complete the medical of your wife (without X-ray) and send them to canada to continue the process. The health authority will send you a letter to complete the chest X-ray once baby is delivered. Then you have to add a new born baby to your application and complete his/her medical as well.

Send a fax to cic, buffalo asking them to send you an application form to add a new born kid to your application. Once baby is born you can complete the medical of both of your wife and kid to complete the process.

Good luck

Congrats dsnvas

when u received your medical papers and did u send any other updated docuemnts and Where u did your medical ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalma

Jalma ,

Basically I am not intested more on Canada. Canada immigration is second choice for me. I am already in last stage of Green Card.

My question is How can I delay Canada Immigration ?

- Send other documents now Like FIB Clearance, Bank Statement...etc and send medican later ?

Ashvinpatel.

I think you can delay your medical by sending a fax to them indicating your wife's pregnancy. Its a very good reason.

What updated forms?

Hello

Today I received a letter from buffalo that they stopped processing my application for PR until I send them updated application forms in order for them to conduct background checks!!!!! They asked me to send these forms as soon as possible, but not later than 60 days.

I applied in April 2002 and I didn't send any updated or new forms because they never asked for it before, even when I got my initial assessment with interview waiver.

MY question is that: The letter mentioned that I have to fill and send the application form enclosed in the package, but the problem there was NO forms in the package that I received? There was only the letter. I don't know if they just forgot to enclose the form in the package or not, but you know many wearied things sometimes happens when it comes to Buffalo consulate. Did anybody have similar experience before? Or did anyone receive request for updated new forms? If yes please share you experience. Can I just download the forms from CIC site and send it to them or do I have to fill special forms that they have to send me?

Your input is appreciated.

BTW. The letter was signed by L. Holliday immigration officer.

Thank you

stranger1, Download application form from cic.gc.ca and apply it.

I applied from India as a single applicant. After that I moved to USA. I got interview date in India also. But I was in USA.
So, I transferred my file to USA and informed New Delhi(India) about not attending interview. After that I got married and got 1 kid. I informed Buffalo autority about my marriage and birth of kid(But never sent application for my wife and kid). They sent me same letter as you and told me to apply with up-to-date information.

So, I applied again and applied for my wife and kid also. I think, they considered my 2nd time application from scratch and took one year to process. I applied 2nd time in May 2001. I did FBI fingerprint for my wife and me at that time.

I hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap doctors in Bay Area, CA

All three doctors are charging between $425 to $500 per person for the medical exam....Has anybody got lucky in reducing these fees and/or find a different doctor.

I recently also got the medical done for 1-485, can some of the medical results from that be used for Canadian Immigration Purpose.

I received on 08/13/03,
They ask me to send FBI Finger printing and bank statement.
I did mt medicals in NJ.

Thanks
dsnvas

Originally posted by rmsag
Congrats dsnvas

when u received your medical papers and did u send any other updated docuemnts and Where u did your medical ?

Thanks