Buffalo Tracker (please add)

The message makes me uncomfortable, Coz I am going to take the interview in Seattle. This guy actually applied Dec, 2001, his points is about 67/69. Do you guys have heard any similar case?

ÎÄÕÂÀ´Ô´: usbeaver ÓÚ 2003-9-11 17:21:00

It is too bad that I did not pass the interview in LA. The VO is famous Taiwan lady, Amy Ma. Under the new law, the VO does not have lots of power for the points. So it is almost no use to argue with her. I think she is just neutral. Not as bad as lots of people say. No strange questions. Just some generous ones. Good luck on everyone.

Re: details

I am in the same boat.
Applied in Dec 12 th 2001 and they started my file on Feb 2002.
ASSESSMENT: FEB 1st, 2003 -- INTERVIEW WAIVED
MEDICALS: Submitted after six months .. Aug 6th'2003

pls update us.

Originally posted by rmandiga
My process details may be of help for you guyz...

Applied : Jan 18th 2002
AOR: APRIL 30th 2002
ASSESSMENT: FEB 5th, 2003 -- INTERVIEW WAIVED
MEDICALS: Submitted after six months .. Aug 5th'2003

Waiting ...

Hope this helps ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to apply

Guys,

I want to apply for Canada immigration. I downloaded the forms from Wwb site.

But there are two applications.

Federal Skilled Workers
Quebec Skilled Workers.

Where am I supposed to apply? What are advantages and disadvantages of one over the other.

Appreaciate ur help.

Thanks
Geetha

Geetha,

Calculate the number of points that you score under both systems. If you score above the pass mark for both Federal and Quebec then you should consider the following as you decide.

-Federal: Currently they are processing applications that were received in April 2002. Rather slow.

-Quebec: A lot faster. I think they interview you. I don't know if it is to evaluate your French skills or your general suitability. While some say it is to evaluate your French, the Quebec home page also says that there are French classes once you arrive in Quebec. So, I think it is to evaluate your general suitability. In this method, you have to live in Quebec for some time (don't know how long). Afterall you applied for a right to permanent residence in Quebec.

Good Luck.

Pkapur Hi!

Hi Pkapur,

Sorry I hadnt had a chance to visit the board recently.

- I found that you have gone for medicals(7/18/2003), is that ?
Did you receive any information to go for medicals from immigrations guys or decided at your own.

I havent gone for the medicals as yet. They had sent me a form but asked me to wait till I hear from them for an interview which was suppose to be in FEB 2003. Somehow when I sent them a reminder in March they sent me new forms. Guess they didnt like that!

- You also mentioned about the new forms, is there something different or specials to worry about ?

New forms are just a waste of time. They want you to give all the information all over again.

- What is status for your interview, did you receive any info., when it will happen or waived off. By the way, where is your interview?

No news on interview as yet. But my file had moved to NYC. I had a deadline of 9 Sep to submit the forms but have been running late. Dont know if I will be thrown out of the process !!!!!

- Any other steps r u planning in near future. ( You know that we are in same boat)

To be frank when I had applied I had planned for 8 monmths max as thats how the files were moving. But with 9/11 and new laws it has taken so long that my priorities have changed. I really dont know what or how to do this. I guess the first step is to atleast send in the new forms! Incase you havent got them PLEASE write to them asking about your file, they will be sure to send it to you.

Keep in touch!

Raj

Application Question

Hi,

I intend to start Canada PR process. In the documentation for "skilled workers', it's mentioned that H1B visa should be valid for more than one year at the time of application.

Since, I have completed 6 yrs on H1 and need to extend my H1 every year with one year extension, I have less than year on my H1 as of now. Will this cause a problem? Does anyone have similar experience to share?

Another question is how long it takes for the visa office to verify documents?

Thank you.

Status of Permanent Resident processing in the RPC

Everyone-
RPC Buffalo have changed the status on their website. Check this out:

Current Processing
Status of Permanent Resident processing in the RPC

We are currently creating applications received in August 2003. If your application was submitted after that date, please do not contact us for the status of your application. It is in a queue awaiting creation.

We are currently assessing applications received in May 2002. If your application was submitted after that date, please do not contact us for the status of your application. It is in a queue awaiting assessment.

Annies, Sanksin77, Gsingh72 and CanI Did anyone of you who applied in april get any assessment results?

No, I havn't received any letter from RPC Buffalo. Still waiting...:(
I don't know, how they say "currently assessing applications received in May 2002" if application from Feb, Mar and April are pending?

Thanks,

Baig,
No news yet.

Probably this is the case-While my application was received by them on the 23rd of April, the check was cashed sometime in May. Maybe I will hear something soon.

Thanks

Hi,

Sent medicals on july 1st week.
Received the request for passports. Once the stamping is over, how log can we delay entering into canada. My company has an office in canada and it may take some time for me to get a transfer. Somebody was telling me that we can stay out of canada 2 yrs out of 5yrs. Is that true. pl. reply

Thx in adv.

I think it is true. Coz, we have to stay in canada atleast 3 yrs out of 5 yrs.

How much time have taken after medicals. I have sent my medicals on Aug 1 st week.

Thx

Hi,

Sent medicals on july 1st week.
Received the request for passports. Once the stamping is over, how log can we delay entering into canada. My company has an office in canada and it may take some time for me to get a transfer. Somebody was telling me that we can stay out of canada 2 yrs out of 5yrs. Is that true. pl. reply

Thx in adv.
[/QUOTE]

For first time entry/Landing, one needs to enter/land as per visa expiry date. This date is usualy a year after the date of medical done. The visa is single entry & for one time use only so better land before the expiry of visa.
Once laned then can remain outside Canada for 2 to 3 yrs. (not sure)

How long does it take to get FBI record?

So, how long does it take to get FBI records now a days? Anyone applied recently? From the time the finger print is sent to the time that one receives the certificate?

Also, when the consulate asks for certified true copy of the experience letter, are they asking for the original exp letter to get it notarized or just the employer has to sign it in a original letterhead?

Thank you.

Hi,

It took 2 months for me to get passport request.

Reg my stay in canada, suppose If I dont get a transfer to my company soon, can I come back soon after I land in canada. Is there any time limit that I need to stay in canada and also to return back to canada.

Is there any official website which gives this information.

If it is single entry visa, once we come out of canada can we go back ..?

Thx.. in adv.
=============================================
I think it is true. Coz, we have to stay in canada atleast 3 yrs out of 5 yrs.

How much time have taken after medicals. I have sent my medicals on Aug 1 st week.

Thx

venkatram
My friends gone to canada and they came back to US. It was not a prob at all. You have to apply all the required applications(like SIN, Bank a/c, etc..). After getting ur PR card then it is not a prob for you.

One of friend went on thursday night(July L week-end) then he returned on sunday. another friend also going on 26th then he will be returned on 30th(by Flight).

Thx

Hi,

It took 2 months for me to get passport request.

Reg my stay in canada, suppose If I dont get a transfer to my company soon, can I come back soon after I land in canada. Is there any time limit that I need to stay in canada and also to return back to canada.

Is there any official website which gives this information.

If it is single entry visa, once we come out of canada can we go back ..?

Thx.. in adv.