Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi,
I got initial assessment letter today though it was dated Sep 2nd.I applied on May 2nd 2002 ..They have asked for updated reference letter from my current employer and also police certificates within 90 days.They have asked for medicals to be completed within 60 days.

Fizalk,

Must be a relieved person. Congratulations
Did the assessment tell you the points you scored ?

Thanks

Thanks CanI.The letter doesnt mention the points scored.But since I am on a work permit which gives me the arranged employment points I guess I should score 76 without considering the language factor.

passport request

My wife is india, can I rtequest her passport over mail and send it to canada for stamping. I heard from somewhere that they dont allow passports over mail. What is the best option. Should I write a mail to canada asking them for some time.
Thx in adv.

Did you guys look at this .Dennis codere has adjusted the passmark to 67

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/03/0333-pre.html
[/QUOTE]

Good News for point system - 67

What a great news, fizalk, U have brought into our attention !!!

This is a good news for people like me, who had 70 + points as per old points system but now it was less than 70 as per new system. With the change of mind of minister back again to 67 points to qualify for new and as well as the cases filed before Jan. 1st, 2002, has given a light to complete the immigration process.

Let us see, apart from point system change, these guys make the cases move also. I doubt may be past 8-10 months they themselves may not be clear of the future of new system(75) thus avoiding taking decision and resulting in huge backlogs.

Originally posted by fizalk
Did you guys look at this .Dennis codere has adjusted the passmark to 67

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/03/0333-pre.html

Question about US and CA PR

Hi, Applied Canada PR in June 2002, so I guess they will assess my application in the next a few months. My 140 and 485 was submitted last months, so I guess I-140 should be approved in next a few months (if lucky). It will take unknown amount of time to get I-485 approved.

If I continues with Canada PR while waiting for US green card, how they will affect with each other? I mean if I land in Canada within one year, but I will only have AP and EAD (also H1B) at that time, can I still land to Canada without affecting US green card application?

Ideally I like to have US green card and Canada PR for travel convenience.

Re: passport request

venkatram.
Get the passport from india then send it to the consulate. Its not a prob. coz, if u send the letter to consulate It will be delay in ur process also. but becareful getting passport from india(post).

*Did u check the online status? what it was saying that?

My wife is india, can I rtequest her passport over mail and send it to canada for stamping. I heard from somewhere that they dont allow passports over mail. What is the best option. Should I write a mail to canada asking them for some time.
Thx in adv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: passport request

The status was showing decision made. Looks like soon after they ask for passport request they update status to decision made.

venkatram.
Get the passport from india then send it to the consulate. Its not a prob. coz, if u send the letter to consulate It will be delay in ur process also. but becareful getting passport from india(post).

*Did u check the online status? what it was saying that?

Thx in adv.
[/QUOTE]

Mcgoo did u find the fingerprinting place in ny

Hi,
Guys did anybody find a fingerprinting place in Ny area..........How different is the fingerprinting for Canadian immigration from the U.S. immigration and how longdoes it take for the fingerprinting to be verfied by FBI and getting it back

Lowering of points by the Minister will definetely help applicants like me who has got around 72-73 points under the new point system.

Hope, there is no confusion!!

STILL WAITING...............

Pkapur Hi!

Hi PKapur,

I am glad that the new points have been revised in your favor. I wonder if the process will slow down again now that the applications will pour in?

Raj

This msg is for venkatram:

Sending a passport to another country by mail is illegal. Please check with a lawer before u do that.

regards,

SKM005

application details

Applied: Aug 2001
Application received by Canadian Consul: Nov 2001
Medical and FBI notice received: Sept 2002 (No interview)
Medical and FBI request sent: Oct 2002

I did not hear from them till Apr 30th 2003. Sent a fax on the same date enquiring about my status. (thanx to Buffalo tracker. I was tracking the dates and when everybody who applied along with me got their visa staming letters, I knew that some thing is wrong with my application.)

Reply from canadian consul: May 2003 (Additional document required: Work history from Aug 2002 till date). It was my mistake. I forgot to provide the work history to the canadian consul in Oct 2002, when the canadian consul requested for it along with the FBI and medical in their Sept 2002 letter. This was a costly mistake.

My status changed from "in process" to "decision made" : June 26 2003

But no letters from canadian consul till July 14th 2003.

Sent a fax to canadian consul enquiring application status: July 14th 2003. NO Reply.

Sent a letter to canadian consul enquiring application status: Aug 26th 2003.

Received the passport request form: sept 13th 2003.

Went to Buffalo and submitted the passport: sept 16th 2003

Went to Buffalo and received the stamped passport: sept 18th 2003

It was quiet a experience. Thanx to Buffalo tracker..

regards,

SKM005

Hello Gurus,

I am new to this group, and about to file Canadian PR application. My question is this:

One of the requirements is to demonstrate English proficiency. Do people normally take the IELTS test? Or do you send an affidavit of English skills. What is the form of the affidavit.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Gc-despo

Letter from the Consulate!

I have applied for the PR/Canada in June 2002. I got the file number after several months...

Last week, I got a notification from the Buffalo office that
i should submit the application forms again
i should get a letter from my current employer with detailed work history
i should submit an updated financial statement gotten from the Bank.

If i don't submit these docs within 60 days, my application will become void. Gurus, did anyone of you have heard of this situation? Is this normal or symptom of some trouble?

Will Canada PR affect US green card?

Hi, Applied Canada PR in June 2002, so I guess they will assess my application in the next a few months. My 485 is still pending.

Anyone knows if Canda PR application will affect my US green card application? Or at which stage it will affect? Is there any way I can get both Canada and US PR status? Thanks.

Re: Letter from the Consulate!

snowbell,

This is getting normal now-a-days. Atleast this is good symbol that your case is alive and these guys had a cahnce to look at your file and requested you something.

Not exactly the same but I was also asked to provide some other document (like provide all the work history since I filed in Nov-2001). So let us go along with them. Hearing from them is better than not hearing.

I would suggest provide them all the stuff asap.

--

Originally posted by snowbell
I have applied for the PR/Canada in June 2002. I got the file number after several months...

Last week, I got a notification from the Buffalo office that
i should submit the application forms again
i should get a letter from my current employer with detailed work history
i should submit an updated financial statement gotten from the Bank.

If i don't submit these docs within 60 days, my application will become void. Gurus, did anyone of you have heard of this situation? Is this normal or symptom of some trouble?

I completed my medicals today.My timeline in MM/DD/YY format is

Applied 05/02/2002-10/31/2002-9/17/2003-N-9/22/2002-pending-pending

Please update the tracker.

Hello,

How long it takes to receive a passport request letter after status changed to Decision Made online?

Any Idea?

Thanks,
Esskaybos