Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi venkatram,
Check if you can change your h1 extention case to premium processing. The premium processing normally takes much less time ( most of times a month ) than normal h1 extension processing. However premimum processing have higher fees (INS charges at around $1000 for premium processing ).

Please note that duration of premimum processing and rates are best to my knowledge, you need to check with lawyers again. I am just indicating one possiblity which might help you.

All the best.
apms.

Originally posted by venkatram
Thanks for the reply.
I have asked my wife to come over so that we can send the passports from here.

I have another question...
What if i can't land in canada by the given stamp date, because my H1 is expiring and I have to apply for an extension. These days it takes about 8 months and my medicals will expire by then.

What is the best way to deal with this.

I assume that once i receive the passports they mention the landing date and that is about an year from the date medicals were sent.

Please reply
Thanks...

Re: Yes, you got Auto answering machine, you need press keys

Originally posted by Danny Pu
Once you get to auto answering machine,
press 1, go to english,
then press 2, go to applied in US,
then press 0, check the status,
then keep on the line, the representative will be there.
good luck, let us know what he/she tells you.

Can you give the number what you are having for contacting them

Hi everybody

I just wanted to give you an update about my application for PR to canada at Buffalo.

Applied April 16 2002

AOR September 26 2002

request for updated documents July 2003

Initial assessment September 25 2003 (interview waiver)

They asked me to do medicals within 60 days.

Please update the tracker

I think this is wounderfull news for all those who scored less than 75. My score according to my calculations is 72.

Good luck for all of you

Stranger

Congrats stranger1 and couple of questions please...

Hey stranger1:

Congratulations!!!

In most cases we have seen that they ask for updated FBI clearance certificate. Did you just receive requests for medicals and not the certificate?

Could you share with us what updated documents did they request?

Thanks sanatshah, americanada

Sorry for the confusion. Yes they asked me for updated FBI clearance certificate. I think the letter that they use is standard. They checked next to employment letter, bank statement, and visa status in USA on the letter that they sent me. For the employment letter, bank statement, and visa status in USA, there was hand writing next to them on the letter stating that "previously requested and received". So, I think this means that they recieved those documents which they requested and I sent to them in July 2003. The FBI clearance certificate was also checked on the letter, but there was no hand writing next to it, So I guess this is the only update that they need from me at this point. I plan to request this FBI clearance certificate and send it to them, and probably do the medical exams next week.

regards,

PLEASE HELP

HI

I AM ON H1B1 VISA AND HAVE APPLIED FOR CANDIAN IMMIGRATION . I GOT A OR DATED AUGUST 1 , 2003

MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH IS THE WAITING PERIOD , NOW A DAYS THEY ARE PROCESSING APPLICATION RECEIVED ON ????????????????? CAN ANY BODY TELL ME

AND CAN ANY BODY EXPALN WHAT IS THE RULE CHANGE ON SEPTEMBER 18TH , I THINK NOW 67 POINTS ARE REQUIRED INSTEAD OF 75

PLEASE REPLY IF ANY BODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT TWO QUESTIONS

THKS

TANVEER45@HOTMAIL.COM

Re: PLEASE HELP

Hi tanveer45,

These are the answers to your question (to the best of my knowledge)

1- It is really hard to predict exactly how long the waiting time for your application. Currently Buffalo consulate is processing Applications received in May 2002. In case you don't know, this is the site where you can keep track of what date is being processed in buffalo (http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1967&mid=5&cat=1185&typ=1). For the past few months, it used to take them about 6 weeks to process the applications of one month. In the future, I expect the process to be much faster. Once they pass June 2002 applications, the process should move faster because the number of applications sent to buffalo after June 2002 was dramatically decreased. So, it may take additional 12-16 months before they get to your application.

2- Your second question is very simple and you already answered it. The passmark has been reduced to 67 instead of 75. This is the link for the September 18 change in passmark (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/03/0333-pre.html)

So you should count an average of 2 years (+/- couple of months) from the time you sent your application till the day your PR is issued.

Good LucK :)

Originally posted by tanveer45
HI

I AM ON H1B1 VISA AND HAVE APPLIED FOR CANDIAN IMMIGRATION . I GOT A OR DATED AUGUST 1 , 2003

MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH IS THE WAITING PERIOD , NOW A DAYS THEY ARE PROCESSING APPLICATION RECEIVED ON ????????????????? CAN ANY BODY TELL ME

AND CAN ANY BODY EXPALN WHAT IS THE RULE CHANGE ON SEPTEMBER 18TH , I THINK NOW 67 POINTS ARE REQUIRED INSTEAD OF 75

PLEASE REPLY IF ANY BODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT TWO QUESTIONS

THKS

TANVEER45@HOTMAIL.COM

how long we can wait before we land

Hello frinds,

Could you tell me how much time we can wait before we land in Canada once we get an immigration visa--considering one completed medicals and received back our passports with a visa to land in Canada from Buffalo office?

Your help is appreciated.

super-fast or super slow

Here is an interesting piece of info:

I recently met a person who had applied in May 2003, received his AOR in mid-June (just 5 weeks later), and got his initial assessment yesterday!!!! In just over 3 months!!!
I did not believe him till he showed me the letter that he had received. He is all praise for CIC?
I guess 'some guys have all the luck'

A question:
Can I call CIC and ask them about the status of my file? I received my assessment on 27th June 2003. It asked for medicals within 60 days and updated letters etc. all of which I had sent.
The problem is: I am in Canada on a work visa that expires at teh end of October. So I need the landed status before that. I don't even know whcih no. to call.
Any suggestions welcome.

Satish

DEC 2001

Hi
I applied in DEC 2001 for canada immigration at Buffalo

received interview waiver on Jul 2003

asked to submit additional documents,FBI and ROLF

Asked to go to medicals after 6 months

but we did medicals on Sept 17

Now waiting

Re: how long we can wait before we land

To amma,

I didn't reach this stage yet, but from seeing other posts, the immigration visa is usally valid till the expiration date of your Medicals (one year from Medicals date).

Originally posted by amma
Hello frinds,

Could you tell me how much time we can wait before we land in Canada once we get an immigration visa--considering one completed medicals and received back our passports with a visa to land in Canada from Buffalo office?

Your help is appreciated.

Hi Stranger1,

Thanks a lot for the information. This really helps me to figure out my future plans. Have a good one.

Regards.

PR card status

Hi,

I landed in Canada on 27th July-03.I went from the US & I came back immdtly.I had applied for my SIN & PR Cards when I was in Canada for like 2 days.MY SIN cards have arrived like 2 weeks back on the canadian address given by me.Iam still waiting on my PR cards.

I told my friend in canada to call the 1-800 no which seems to extremely busy nowadays.I can 't call the phone no from US.
I got suggestions here , that I should fax my landing docs to get the PR card status.

Is there any other way, of finding the status by not actually going to canada ??

Would appreciate some reply here

Thanks
Sandeep

FBI Certification ...

Hi:

My wife and I took fingerprints and sent the cards to FBI some three weeks back. Yesterday, I just received only my wife's results back and mine yet to be mailed. Do they mail it in two separate letters even though both of our fingerprint cards were mailed as one package?

I am confused! Anyone else got two separate letters from FBI?

TIA.

srdiwakar,

When you came from canada, was there any stamping done at the border. How long can you stay outside canada without loosing your PR status?

Thanks,

Application Update..

Hi Forum,

I just wanted to give you all an update about my application for PR to Canada at Buffalo.

Applied April 12 2002

AOR September 2002

Initial assessment September 26 2003 (interview required)

They asked me to do medicals after they notify me the date of Interview. They have already sent the medical forms for me and my wife.

My score is 72 which is less then 75. So, undoubtedly it's a great news for me. But, I don't know why they want me and my wife to come for an interview to LA. I was expecting a waiver too like most of other applicants. :-(

Forum Seniors,

1. Is there anything to worry, if I get an interview call ? 'OR' this is just a formality.

2. What are the things required before you go for an interview?

3. In how much time should I expect to receive the letter from consulate about the interview?

I am US legal resident on H1 B visa for the last 4 years and currently working for an American firm.

Thanks,

Buffalo Tracker - 09/28/2003

Hi All,
I updated the tracker today.

There were changes in status of these users.
ushakle,stranger1,fromeast, india-usa,rmandiga,pitt,GCJhalak,fizalk,rshashtry,sanskin77

Enjoy,
Kalpesh