Buffalo Tracker (please add)

vxmehra98,

Is any thing in the letter which says whether your interview is waived or not.

Also, have they sent you the medical forms??

thanks,

Sanskin

Hi,
Yes-since you are being interviewed, I suggest keeping all your information upto date even though they havn't asked for it yet.
Also, if you have more than 66 points without any thing that requires verification-chances are that your interview too will get waived down the road.
Just make sure you have all the right papers-that you have taken teh IELTS/CELPIP etc.
Satish

got the passport request

Hi All,
I finally got the passport request in mail today. I have to submit them within 30 days alongwith some pictures.
Finally getting there !

Kalpesh

Congratulations!

Hi Kalpesh,

Congratulations! Glad that the long wait is finally over.

Best Wishes,
Nita.

Thanks Nita,
Huge sigh of relief !

small question : In my letter, first page tells general stuff of how to send passport..etc. The second page says they need 3 pictures each and height/weight information. Is this the format of the letter you received? In the second page they didn't marked anything by pen, just some pre-format letter. So, should i send the pictures or not?

Did you already finish landing process?

Regards,
Kalpesh

SatishJha73,

thanks for the suggestion.. It would be a wise decision to take the IELTS test anytime soon. Fortunately, Houston is one of the test center and I live here.
Please do let me know if there is anything else that could be done before I get the interview letter?

Thanks,

HOW TO TAKE IELT TEST

HELLO GUYS

I Have applied for the canadain immigration . i got the case # in augst 2003

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME HOW TO TAKE IELT TEST? WHAT IS THE FEE ? HOW TO CONTACT THEM AND HOW TO BUY THE BOOKS ALL INFORMATION RELATING TO IELT ?

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF I WANT TO DO DRENCH LAUGNAGE COURSE In NEW YORK WHAT ARE THE INSTITUTION WHO OFFERED
FRENCH LAUGANGE COURSES

IT IS ALSO REQUESTED FROM ALL OF YOU GUYS TO WRITE YOUR APPLICATION DATE SO THAT EVERYBODY HAS ANY IDEA THAT HOW LONG BUFALLO IS TAKING TO PROCESS THE CASE

Thanks a lot to all of you

TANVEER

Sanskin77,

Have they specifically asked you to take the IELTS ? If you plan to take it, take it as late in the process as possible since the scores are valid for only one year.

For some reason, in my case, they have asked me to provide them with results from the IELTS. They have given a list of test centers where I can take the test.

Done my masters, worked in the US and yet they seem to want the test results. I think it could be to delay my resonse and get them more time-since I have already completed my medicals and the other information that they want from me takes just a couple of days to collect.

Regarding fee

Hi,

When we need to pay RPRF(Right of permanent residence fee),
Do I need to pay at the time of medicals or at the time of passport stamping, I did medicals and finger printing,
Please sugest me

Thanks
dsnvas

For Kalpesh,

I too received the same letter. On the second page they had only checked off the height/weight info. But I did send in 3 photos each to be on the safe side & they had used them on the landing docs.

I would advise you to do the same. Just to avoid any last minute delays.

I will be landing next week. Shall post my experience when I get back.

Nita.

Hello Guys,

Please update my information in tracker.

Buffalo Application Received date : 01/22/2002
Application Process date : 04/30/2002
File Number Received date : 05/03/2002
Police Certificate Sent Date : 05/06/2002
Initail Assesment : 07/18/2003 (Interview Waived)
Medical was done on : 08/4/2003
Document Sent(New Bank letter) : 08/16/2003
Passport Request (Latest 3 Photos Only) : 09/22/2003
Passport Received with visa stamped : 10/01/2003

Thanks,
Esskaybos.

Assessing applications received in June 2002

Status of Permanent Resident processing in the RPC

We are currently creating applications received in September 2003. If your application was submitted after that date, please do not contact us for the status of your application. It is in a queue awaiting creation.

We are currently assessing applications received in June 2002. If your application was submitted after that date, please do not contact us for the status of your application. It is in a queue awaiting assessment.

Thanx Nita, I will do the same.

thanchaur : My timelines are available in the buffalo tracker. here they are:
12/2001 --> 1/2002 --> 1/2003 --> No --> 2/2003 --> 9/2003 --> pending --> pending

Kalpesh

dsnvas

Hi dsnvas,
You need to pay the RPRF first, then only they will say...your file is complete, send you the payment receipt and request for the passports.
You won't receive the passport request, before you make the payment. Either you can just make the payment right now, or you can wait for them to send you a letter for requesting fees. The second option will create unnecessary delay.

Kalpesh

Initial assessment complete

Fellow members,

Today I received a letter from the Canadian Consulate General, Buffalo that the initial assessment is complete and a interview is required.

They have sent me the medical forms but have asked me not to do the medical unless I hear from them.

It is also indicated in this letter that I have to wait for interview approximately from 7 to 10 months and then an interview will be scheduled.

Have anyone gone through such a situation?

Also this letter was sent on the 29th Sep, 2003. Whereas I sent them a letter on 29th Sep, 2003 asking them to include my second daughter as a dependent. When I filed for PR she was not born, hence I did not include her. Now, she is a US citizen but still I did not want to face any problems from the Canadian Immigration authorities, hence I decided to include her also.

The Medical forms sent by the authorities were only for me, spouse and my eldest daughter. Should I request them to send the medicla forms for my second daughter also?. Will they do it automatically without me reminding them?.

Any inputs for the above questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

jalabalajings

Please let us know how many points were you scoring earlier. From earlier posts it seemed like applicants who were close to 75 point mark were getting the interview calls but as your letter is dated Sep 29; by then they have reduced the qualification points too.
Is there anyone who had more than 75 points and received an interview call? Please update.

Thanks

baig110

As per my calculation I was getting 76 points and sent my application in the last week of May 2002. Got my file number somewhere in Nov, 2002.

I have a Master's degree with almost 9 years of IT experience.

If you could provide some more information that would be helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by baig110
jalabalajings

Please let us know how many points were you scoring earlier. From earlier posts it seemed like applicants who were close to 75 point mark were getting the interview calls but as your letter is dated Sep 29; by then they have reduced the qualification points too.
Is there anyone who had more than 75 points and received an interview call? Please update.

Thanks

Question for Sanskin77

Sanskin

Did your letter specify the Interview data (or) did it atleast specify how long you should wait to get an interview letter.

In my case it specified that I should wait probably between 7 and 10 months to get the interview date.

Let me know about yours.

Thanks,
Dave

Originally posted by sanksin77
Hi Forum,

I just wanted to give you all an update about my application for PR to Canada at Buffalo.

Applied April 12 2002

AOR September 2002

Initial assessment September 26 2003 (interview required)

They asked me to do medicals after they notify me the date of Interview. They have already sent the medical forms for me and my wife.

My score is 72 which is less then 75. So, undoubtedly it's a great news for me. But, I don't know why they want me and my wife to come for an interview to LA. I was expecting a waiver too like most of other applicants. :-(

Forum Seniors,

1. Is there anything to worry, if I get an interview call ? 'OR' this is just a formality.

2. What are the things required before you go for an interview?

3. In how much time should I expect to receive the letter from consulate about the interview?

I am US legal resident on H1 B visa for the last 4 years and currently working for an American firm.

Thanks,

jalabalajings

Suprizing that even with 76 points and over 9 years of experience they have called you for an interview. Did they say where you will have the interview? If it says that your file is transffered to LA then there is a LA tracker in this forum, you might be able to get answers to your questions.
I would suggest you to send in a request for medical papers for your second kid do not assume that they will send it themselves.

Thanks