Buffalo Tracker (please add)

desi145 thanks for your input to my question.

I have been asked to appear IELTS exam. Anyone has any idea as to how difficult this exam is or what type of response immigration officials have in case result is not astisfactory?

I would appreciate any response from people specially who have apeared this exam or about to sit for the exam. Thanks in advance.. :)

Vasu:

Here's what my lawyer had me put together regarding my canadian rsident aunt:
1 Notarized letter from my Dad stating he is my aunt's brother.
2 Notarized letter from my grandmother stating she is my dad and aunt's mother.
3 Notarized letter of support from my aunt.
4 Copy of her landing papers.
5 My aunt's birth cert and my dad's birth cert, showing they have the same parents and place of birth. Then, my birth cert shows my relationship with my dad.
6 A "visio" (or MS Word) tree as a diagram to aid them evaluate the above.

If you have a canadian relative, it can only help you to include that in your application. I sincerely doubt they are asking for DNA tests, paperwork is good enough evidence for every other aspect of the application (how would a DNA test prove a relationship with my aunt?). Hope that helps!

Thanks very much Niza and Loton,

My sister is a Canadian citizen. I shall get
the required paper work from her.

Appreciate your help.

Vasu

Adding newborn...

Originally posted by Jalma
Hi Niza,
Congratulation for having completed the process of canadian immigration. We have completed the medical but my wife's chest X-ray is pending as she is pregnant. Can you please let me know how to adda new born kid in the middle of the application process? What forms and fee are required to submit? If you wish, you can reply me at ips1@hotmail.com. I would highly appreciate that.
Thanks

If you expect a newborn before landing Canada... then it is better to hold your medical until you can do it together with the newborn. Medical expires in 12 months and your application can not go forward without adding your baby (if it goes without the baby then that's not good. It will be end up with difficulties).

How to add a baby?
I got the answer from this forum and I also asked the consulate by fax (as I was holding my medical and waiting for my Police certificates anyway). Consulate asked me to send copy of baby’s birth certificate, US$100.00 fee and copy of passport. There is no landing fee for newborn. This forum also suggested the same and also suggested to re-send the update copy of page-2 (family detail) of my application form, but the consulate didn't mention about it. I had send them anyway (nothing hurts to send an extra page).

You can do your newborn's medical even though you don't have his/her medical form with you. You need to talk to the physician’s office for that. They usually have the extra medical forms. You need to have one extra copy of photos for the newborn and Passport (to show them as an ID).

Thanks NIza,

One more clarification...

We have completed our initial medical on May 13th. We got a letter from Ottawa health department for completing chest X-ray for my wife, which cannot be possible before January, 2004. So we need to get everything done so that we can land before May 2004. Do you think we will have enough time to complete the procedure before we get landing papers? How long does it take once you send new born's medical and other papers?

Since I am a principal applicant, are they going to send my papers separately so that I can land before the expiry of my medical or are they going to send all of our landing papers together?

Thanks in advance

Please include my time frame in the tracker

Please include my time frame in the tracker:

Applied: 12/01/2001 (mm/dd/yyyy) --> File number: 01/10/2002 --> Initial Assm: 12/15/2002 --> Interview: N --> Medical --> 05/07/2003 --> Passport request: pending --> Landing papers --> pending

Thanks.

Please include my time frame in the tracker

Please include my time frame in the tracker:

Applied: 12/01/2001 (mm/dd/yyyy) --> File number: 01/10/2002 --> Initial Assm: 12/15/2002 --> Interview: N --> Medical --> 05/07/2003 --> Passport request: pending --> Landing papers --> pending

Thanks.

Received my passport back

Hi guys
On 08/16/03 , I got my passport back with visa stamp along with landing papers. My timeline is as follows

Applied 09/21/01
Initial Assessment 09/16/02 (Interview Waived)
Medical Done 09/26/02
Passport Request 07/29/03
Passport Sent 08/05/03
Passport Received 08/16/03

It took almost 2 years to complete the entire process. Background process took too long in my case(Received Passport Request 10 months after medical). I don't know why. It would remain mystery for me. Well I am very thankful to this forum and I wish success to all of you who are at different stages of immigration process. I will remain active with this forum in future also.

Thanks and Good luck

Suraj

initial assesment

Hi,

I got aletter saying that we are in the process approving your case without interview, how ever we need couple more documents from you, 1.letter from bank regarding funds
2. conduct certificates

I applied when I was in CA, now I moved to East coast
By the end of the week letter will be in my hand I can give you guys more details,

Dsnvas

Passport request after sending Landing Fee

Could any one of you please let me how much time did Buffalo center take to request for passport after requesting for Landing Fee?

Any information on this will be a great help

request

Hello all,
My brother recently received a letter stating to complete Medical within 60days which he did. They also asked for few other documents to be filed with in 90 days which are due by September 19th. He should have all these sent to the lawyer by 1st week of September and the Lawyer will file it immidiately. His interview was waived.

As he is in Nepal and applied for PR from here can he just go for landing or have to send passport.... Why do they ask for passport?
Also does he have to send his, his wife's and children's passport or just for himself.
They all are in Nepal so what should we expect. Pls help...Thank

can someone help with the question

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: hi dsnvas

Hi Annies,

Applied on 02/08/02
file number given on 05/22/03
initial assessment 08/13/03

requested for medicals and Bank statement and finger printing

Thanks
dsnvas

Originally posted by annies
hi dsnvas,

may i know your complete at Buffalo office ...

annies

Originally posted by Jalma
Thanks NIza,
One more clarification...
We have completed our initial medical on May 13th. We got a letter from Ottawa health department for completing chest X-ray for my wife, which cannot be possible before January, 2004. So we need to get everything done so that we can land before May 2004. Do you think we will have enough time to complete the procedure before we get landing papers? How long does it take once you send new born's medical and other papers?
Since I am a principal applicant, are they going to send my papers separately so that I can land before the expiry of my medical or are they going to send all of our landing papers together?
Thanks in advance

Hi Jamal:

I had mailed all my papers on April 26th (done medical on April 23rd) and finally I got my visa on August 12th. So you can see that I took 3.5 months. If the processing speed stays same and you complete everything of your part by end of January, 2004… then you can expect the visa and landing papers in mid of May 2004. Unfortunately... I can see a possibility of re-do request for your medical.

All the landing papers (for all family members) have to be printed and sent at once. Once they process the principal applicant’s papers then the case is closed. The consulate can not issue any more immigrant visas for rest of the family members. If that happens then… you need to apply for your family members from Canada. It is a whole different process (family base application). I think you need to have a job, earn more than a specific amount and provide Tax papers (You don’t want to fall in that process right after migrating to a new country). But… yes, if all the family members already got the visas and landing papers… then the principal applicant can land earlier then others (not the other way. Dependent can not land before principal applicant). THIS IS ABOUT LANDING… NOT ABOUT GETTING THE VISAS AND LANDING PAPERS (mentioning this so that you don’t get confused).

If I were in your situation… I wouldn’t have done the medical so early.

My suggestion:
(1) Write a fax to the consulate... explaining your situation. See if they can assure you that they will send the landing papers before (enough) so that you can land by May 13th 2004.
(2) Talk to the doctor… if he can re-send another medical paper for you and your wife when he will do it for your newborn (without taking any fee).
(3) If the above two (1 &2) doesn’t work… then re-do your and your wife's medical with your newborn. :)( waste of time and money. Sorry to say this.)

Note: What ever I am saying here is from best of my knowledge. I might be wrong (but I believe I am right). So feel free to double-check. If someone else in this forum knows the right info… please correct me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suraj 18

Hi Suraj,
Congrats!!! I had a question regarding your long wait in gettting the security clearance: where have you stayed over the laqst 5 years or so-have you moved through a lot of places and countries?
Satish

help

can anyone tell me about this situation
request
Hello all,
My brother recently received a letter stating to complete Medical within 60days which he did. They also asked for few other documents to be filed with in 90 days which are due by September 19th. He should have all these sent to the lawyer by 1st week of September and the Lawyer will file it immidiately. His interview was waived.

As he is in Nepal and applied for PR from here can he just go for landing or have to send passport.... Why do they ask for passport?
Also does he have to send his, his wife's and children's passport or just for himself.
They all are in Nepal so what should we expect. Pls help...Thank

can someone help with the question

Hi Niza,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Lets see what can happen next, once we send all the papers to CIC in January. What I learned from this forum is that CIC takes into account the expiry date of your medical and send landing papers accordingly. If not, then we might have to go for another medical. Yes, you are right we should have had waited a little longer to complete our initial medical.

Thanks again.

To Nepaliraja

Hi Nepaliraja,
They ask passport to give the stampe of the visa and send you the landing papers/information. Why do they start this interim step..no idea.
There are many things I don't know why do they ask. like...they keep asking FBI clearance every year. they ask to do medical again, if you don't land in one year.

I think your bro should talk with canadian consulate in nepal and explain the situation. Or even you can send them a fax from here. Transferring file to Nepal will add some delay in processing.

Yes, if you send passport for him, you have to send passport for his family as well.

Kalpesh

For satishjha73

Hi Satish

I moved from india to US in April 2001. Since then I have been living here. Yes I moved lot of places in US. But I did not mention every place in my application. May be that is why it took too much time. I was a gazetted officer in central government(India) and my father was a retired commissioned officer from Indian Navy. These also could be the reason for making my background check little bit longer than usual.

Take Care and Good Luck
Suraj

Finally Got It!

Hi All,

Just received the passport request letter. Can't believe the wait is finally over. I have not been asked for photos but just to give height and eye colour. Following is my timeline:

Applied: 11/01/2001
File number: 01/05/2002
Initial Assm: 12/10/2002 (Interview waived)
Medical: 05/22/2003
Passport request: 08/21/2003

Thanx to all of you for all the valuable information provided on this forum. Shall post the timeline when passport is mailed back from Buffalo.

Thanx again to all,
Nita.