Buffalo Tracker (please add)

After RPRF is sent what next?

Hi,

I received the letter requesting me to send the RPRF within a month of the letter and I have done so.

What is the next step and how long would it take?

Thanks,
raokris

timeline correction

desi145/fizalk,

Could you correct my timeline.

v_anand2 02/02/2002 05/23/2002 Pending pending pending pending Pending

Hi Tanvis,

Did you manage to get tourist visa for your parents or not. Please reply as I might need to go through the same process.

Thanks

Tourist Visa for parents

Hi Jalma,

Unfortunately they refused to grant the visa. They just said you do not meet our requirements with no other specifics.

We had requested multiple entry for 6 months with cashiers cheques for funds and letter suggesting travel plans and meeting friends and family and had personally visited the Canadian Consulate in DC. I wonder if my PR caused the problem.

I guess a single entry for six months with a return ticket would be a better bet.

All the best. Let us know how it goes.

-Tanvi

Hi Travis,

Thats unfortunate. I think trying to get visa from India (home country) is a better bet. Being you as a PR may be one of their concern since they usually suspect that you will be appling for your parents PR after taking them over to canada.

Did they put any refusal stamp your parents passport? If yes, is it going to affect them when they you apply for their PR.

Tourist Visa Refusal and Implications

Yep, I agree. Home country is always the best bet.

They put a stamp on the last page with the file number and date. However there is no problem with applying again for visitors or PR. You can do it every three months. And after I move there, the reason has to be : They want to meet their daughter. I consulted Campbell Cohen on this and they were more than happy to oblige.

I am hoping it will work out later :). But then again, I feel its just a matter of chance and luck. So one should just take it as it comes.

Best,
Tanvi

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Tanvi

Hi Tanvi,
Congratulations.
When you get the passport back, It comes with landing papers, or you still have to wait for some more papers? I am not sure how it works after receiving the passport request?
What kind of stamp do they put in the passport?

texan,v_anand,fizalk..I will take care of the issues in next update.

Have fun,
Kalpesh

Passport and Landing Papers

Kalpesh:

Thanks.

Nope, no further processing.

They send the passport with the Canadian VIsa stamped on it, along with the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. One needs to make sure all the details on the visa and the CPR is correct. After that, all that is left to do is the Landing at a Canadian port of entry. Well thats when the fun starts... the move,settling in, the job search........ :)))

Best,
Tanvi.

Tanvi, did your parents get an extension here in US ?
I think you had posted some questions about the same other thread which I had replied to...

Just skimming through some of the older posts, I found that some people had problems with their medicals. Jalma for one mentioned something in that regard. Which part of the medical test did you guys have problems with ? There are only 3 tests that they do - urine, antibodies and TB. Me was asked to redo the antibody test. I wonder if it would cause any major delays.

Kalpesh, where did you do your medicals ? From what I remember, our timelines were very similiar...

Iamtiredof...

I did medical in Los Angeles. It was cheaper there compared to bay area. ( half the price)
I am not yet asked for re-doing any medical tests. may change in future..dont know.
my brother's wife had to do some extra medical tests later on..as she delivered baby and CIC came to know that information after the medicals documents sent.
Hope this helps,
Kalpesh

"Unfortunately they refused to grant the visa. They just said you do not meet our requirements with no other specifics" - Tanvi

Typically countries expect you to apply for visa from their own country. In some situations they waive that rule, but even in those cases they grant you a single entry.

I am saying this based on my experience with British visa which I obtained for my parents who were here in visitor's visa. Basically I had written a letter with the application where I mentioned that they are old, not keeping well and that they have travelled before...

Can any one who has received an interview waiver, and requested CAIPS notes answer this querry

How is interview waiver given in the CAIPS notes.

(Paperfile sent to PA File BD'F To: INW on 26-07-2003 MICORLOCATOR)

Do you have these alphabets INW written before date as shown above. This will be a great help decyphering the CAIPS codes

Folks I have just received my initial assessment on 08/08/2003. Here is my timeline

Applied on: 02/08/2002
AOR Received: 05/22/2002
Initial Assesment done: 08/08/2002
Interview Waived: YES

They have asked me to submit FBI Certificate. My question is if I need to only submit finger prints and money order to FBI office OR should also send the form PC1 (Police Record Check) like I had to do first time where I had to put in the addresses I lived in the US.

Appreciate if someone could please let me know.

I got an letter from the consulate saying that i have been scheduled for an interview. The letter din't say the exact date of the interview. It has medical forms. I mailed the application form in April. Just wanted to share this information. I am not that much interested in canadian PR as i am few months away from Getting US Green card.

Resp to 7860

Better to provide PC1 (Police Record Check) with your signature and spouse (if married). I had provided all my & wife's residential addresses in US as an attachment. These days FBI clearance is pretty fast, i got it within 2 weeks. Good luck !!

decision made

I have just chacked my e-client status and I got information that a decision has been made and the office will contact me. Any idea what does it mean, when will they contact me????????????????? It took them 15 months to make a decision.
bobrowa

Hi All,

This is for anyone who gets the initial assessment letter from CIC Buffalo. When you post your message here in this forum, please also mention the points you score ( whether > 75 or < 75) as per the new point system.

This would definitely help people like us who are waiting and score less than 75 points. Currently we don't have any indication from the consulate that applicants with < 75 points are rejected. However, we are not getting any assessment letter either. I know somebody who filed his application ( < 75 points) during Feb,2002 but he is still waiting... And the CIC website says priority date of Apr'2002.

I would appreciate if you guys ( 7860, jv1410JJ) mention your points too when you post any message about any approval or rejection.

Thanks,

Got landing papers...

Today I got our (Daughter, Wife and my) passports back from LA consulate with Immigrant Visa-stamps.

I applied from California. Here is my info:

Applied on ------------------------------> 10/12/2001
Buffalo received on ----------------------> 13/12/2001
Money Receipt dated --------------------> 17/12/2001
File number issued on --------------------> 21/02/2002
Received the letter with files number------> 25/02/2002
Received Initial Assessment --------------> 06/03/2003 (Requested for Medical, RPRF, New Bank letter and New state police certificates. Interview: Waved)
Medical was done on --------------------> 23/04/2003
Request for Passport---------------------> 29/07/2003 Requested for Passports, 3 copy of pictures and filled Supplementary Identification Form for each family members (Forms were supplied by the consulate).
Landing Papers---------------------------> 12/08/2003

Things that I got back from them with Landing Papers:
1) Three passports with single entry Immigrant visa-stamps on each valid till 23/04/2004 (expiation of our medical)
2) Three set of Confirmation of Permanent Residence papers (each has photo attached)
3) One extra copy of each of our photos (probably they returned for PR card application)
4) A letter that describe the papers and future procedure for landing
5) A brochure about "Importing a Vehicle Into Canada"
6) Photocopy (3 pages) of "Residency Obligation for Permanent Residents"
7) Immunization record form for my daughter (6 months old). Required for anyone under 16 years

Thanks to all of you in this thread for being so helpful and informative. Wish you all best of luck. I will put my landing experience in proper thread in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: