Buffalo Tracker (please add)

CIC requested another document

Hi All,
Looks like CIC doesn't want to finish my case anytime soon.
Now they are requesting second FBI clearance certificate. I already sent one in 2001 when I submitted an application. Then in Jan/2003 they asked for california police certificates alongwith RPRF. Now after 7 months, they are asking for one more document.
I wonder which one is worse to deal with, CIC or Department of Labor or BCIS?

Any comments, how long it takes for FBI certificate now-a-days? I need to submit within 60 days.

Kalpesh

checking the status by phone

Hi Guys,
Is there a nos that we can call to speak to someone in Buffalo about the stautus of our PR application?
I tried a number that was posted by Desi 145 but it did not help-he said that it didn't work for him either.
Those nos are:
fax# 716-852-2477
phone# 716-858-9501

Has anyone received an answer if the query was sent in by fax?
And how do they get back? Do I have to provide a return fax nos or an email address will do?

Satish

Hi Kalpesh,

Can't believe they are asking for new FBI reports at this stage. Wonder if I will get the same request!!!! I too submitted FBI reports all the way back in 2001.

This is just taking far too long...

Nita.

Hi Satish,
I sent the fax number with all my phone#,email address...still they preferred to send me a snail mail...which is dated 31st and received on 13th. I sent total 3 faxes in last 2 months. So, I would suggest sending fax every 2-3 weeks and wait eagerly for your postal mail.

Nita: This is what my new letter says...

police clearance certificate for USA issued by federal bureau of investigation.

I am not sure whether this is same stupid fingerprints I sent in nov/2001 or something new. I am going to talk with downtown SJ police department over the weekend.

I am just one step away from withdrawing my application. This ain't worth it, given the current better market situation in India w.r.t canada.
Do I get landing fees back if I withdraw now?

Kalpesh

Hi Desi,

Have patience man. Its just the background check you are going through. You are not alone. Everyone has to send their FBI fingerprints twice as they are valid only for 6 months.

I guess this is the third time they are asking from you. Is it????

Kalpesh,

Hang in there just a while longer... You are almost at the end. Sounds like the same procedure as before with the FBI cards and getting finger prints from the local police station.

Will keep you all posted if I hear anything.
Just sent a fax regarding my case status.

Hope I hear from them soon.

Take it easy,
Nita.

updated buffalo tracker

Hi All,
Attached is updated tracker.
tanvis,niza finished their process. Congratulations to both and their families.

also updated the information for 7860,texancanadian.

7860 : I noticed your question whether to send FBI or state police record. You may have noticed in my recent posts that I received request for FBI clearance certificate. So, It's better for you to send both.

Happy Independence Day to all Indians.

Enjoy,
Kalpesh

for niza

Hi
When did you post your passport for visa stamping. I sent my passport for stamping on /08/05/03 and I have not received yet.

thanks
suraj

Passport requested

Hi Niza,
i have got a letter requesting passport. but htey didnot mention how many pics they need...could u please let me know how many u send for each person and hoe long it took . did u send by express mail or prority mail ..it looks htey very sepcfic to pics like background ...where did u make pics of yours acording their specification... please le tme know...
thanks.,
anna

Supplementary Identification Form

Hi Niza,

Request for Passport---------------------> 29/07/2003 Requested for Passports, 3 copy of pictures and filled Supplementary Identification Form for each family members (Forms were supplied by the consulate).

u have mentioned some supplementary identifaication form ? what are those ..i did not recd any forms form LA office. could you please let me know ...( dont have any dependents)
thanks,
kanna98

Where to get caips

HI,

I have got a lot of useful information at this forum.
Now i am really tired of this long waiting and want to know
what has been happening for my case.
Has anyone here got the CAIPS? Which agent or method
you were using???

Thanks for your help.

Questions.

I am planning to apply for Canadian Immigration. I need information about
the following.

a. What do I need to submit if I say that I have
a blood relative a citizen of Canada. Would copy of the canadian passport be enough. If I have to submit their landing papers do they have to be notarized ? In any case does any proof submitted in this regard needs to be notarized ?

b. How do I get the finger prints. I saw a list
of agencies that give fingerprints. Something
called Live Scan. Would these finger prints
be enough.

Thanks,
Vasu

Re: for niza

Originally posted by suraj18
Hi
When did you post your passport for visa stamping. I sent my passport for stamping on /08/05/03 and I have not received yet.

thanks
suraj

(08/01/03)- Mailed our passports and 3 photos for each person by USPS express mail with prepaid return express mail.

Re: Questions.

Originally posted by vasu_c
I am planning to apply for Canadian Immigration. I need information about
the following.

a. What do I need to submit if I say that I have
a blood relative a citizen of Canada. Would copy of the canadian passport be enough. If I have to submit their landing papers do they have to be notarized ? In any case does any proof submitted in this regard needs to be notarized ?

b. How do I get the finger prints. I saw a list
of agencies that give fingerprints. Something
called Live Scan. Would these finger prints
be enough.

Thanks,
Vasu

If you get enough points from your own... then I would suggest you not to take help from your relatives in Canda (as a family base applicant). In some cases they ask for DNA test (Which cost a lot and takes losts of time as well).

Thanks Niza,

I took the test and got the following results:

1. Without any family relationship : 76
2. With family relationship: 81

Do you think it would be advisable to apply
with a score of 76 ?

Also would the LiveScan fingerprints be okay.
If not please can you tell me where can I get
my finger prints from.

Thanks,
Vasu

Re: Supplementary Identification Form

Originally posted by kanna98
Hi Niza,

Request for Passport---------------------> 29/07/2003 Requested for Passports, 3 copy of pictures and filled Supplementary Identification Form for each family members (Forms were supplied by the consulate).

u have mentioned some supplementary identifaication form ? what are those ..i did not recd any forms form LA office. could you please let me know ...( dont have any dependents)
thanks,
kanna98

It is a very simple form. It has field for... First name, Last name, DOB, Eye color, height etc. You might have given this with your initial application. I had added my daught (new born) in the middle of our application process... may be that's why they asked for it from me. I can't remember if I had given anything like this before (when I first applied).

Re: Passport requested

Originally posted by kanna98
Hi Niza,
i have got a letter requesting passport. but htey didnot mention how many pics they need...could u please let me know how many u send for each person and hoe long it took . did u send by express mail or prority mail ..it looks htey very sepcfic to pics like background ...where did u make pics of yours acording their specification... please le tme know...
thanks.,
anna

3 pictures for each person. This is the same kind of pictures that you have given when you applied. Pictures has to be taken within 6 months. It took 12 days to get my passport back. I mailed with USPS Express mail and I also provided prepaid express-mail return envelope (kept tracking numbers for both). I took my pictures at Costco ($5 for 2). They gave pictures 2x2 inches. I had to cut those at little to match the size.
Hope it helps. Thanks.

Originally posted by vasu_c
Thanks Niza,
I took the test and got the following results:
1. Without any family relationship : 76
2. With family relationship: 81
Do you think it would be advisable to apply
with a score of 76 ?
Also would the LiveScan fingerprints be okay.
If not please can you tell me where can I get
my finger prints from.
Thanks,
Vasu

I think 76 point is good. Under the new rule 75 and above should be fine. I know some people they have 72, 73 and 74 points, but still they are appling. They are adding a letter with application... "why they should be approved". In that letter they are mentioning their background and job experiance... and saying that they are not facing any dificulty to get a job in USA and they shoud also get jobs in Canada. They hope that they will get aproval.

Hi Niza,

Congratulation for having completed the process of canadian immigration. We have completed the medical but my wife's chest X-ray is pending as she is pregnant. Can you please let me know how to adda new born kid in the middle of the application process? What forms and fee are required to submit? If you wish, you can reply me at ips1@hotmail.com. I would highly appreciate that.

Thanks