Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Similar timeline.

Hello, Niza! It's amazing how consintent (and slow....) the Buffalo office is. Your timeline is the same as mine, see below:

Applied on ------------------------------> 12/10/2001
Buffalo received on ----------------------> 12/13/2001 /mine:12/10/2001
Money Receipt dated --------------------> 17/12/2001
File number issued on --------------------> 21/02/2002
Received the letter with files number------> 25/02/2002 /mine:2/7/2002
Received Initial Assessment --------------> 03/06/2003 (Requested for Medical, RPRF, New Bank letter and New state police certificates. Interview: Waved)
......./mine:2/15/2003 (requested medicals, bank and employee letters, interview waived
Medical was done on --------------------> 04/23/2003
......./mine:5/15/2003, they told me to wait 6 months, but I did in 3 months
Request for Passport---------------------> 07/29/2003 /waiting

So it took 3 months to get passports requested, did they tell you to wait 6 months as well, and you just ignored it? if they keep the consistency, I get mine in August! hope I`m right, and I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Landing Papers---------------------------> Waiting

Time limit for landing

Hi,
Once the passports are stamped by the consulate and approved for landing, is there a time limit by which you have to land in canada ? If so how long is it?

The reason I am asking this question is that my US visa on my passport is expiring in Oct. I have got my approval papers extending my visa but I have to get my passport restamped with the new visa. I don't want to do that right now as I have to send my passport to St Louis for 14 weeks or so and if during that time I get a request by the canadian consulate to send the passport I won't be able to do that. So I wanted to wait and finish the landing stamp before changing the visa on my passport. I was worried if there is a time limit by which you have to land because then when I reenter the US even though I have my papers showing the approval of my visa my passport shows an expired visa and this might cause issues. So my plan was to first get my passport stamped for landing and then if there is sufficient time to land I can send my passport to St Louis and get it revalidated and then land in canada. Now when I return I don't have any issues with my passport

Is this is a right way to proceed?

Thanks

Hi Srini88,

You have to enter canada within a year from the date of your medical examination. SO plan accordingly.

Hi jalma.
Thanks for the response, I had another question

Once the request for passport is made by canadian authorities is there a time limit by which you have to send the passport?

Srini88

Hi Srini88,
Yes there is a timelimit.
As per Tanvis: they give 60 days period to send for stamping

Kalpesh

Need Info

Hi, I applied on 28th Nov, 2001 and sent my medicals on 18th June, 2003.
Today I got one mail from CIC that they want me to send ROLF within 30 days. Now the problem is I sent ROLF before sending my medicals and they received it. I got the receipt from them.

Can some one tell me how can I reach them faster ?
The old 800 no. does not work. Do you know any new contact no. of CIC ?
I am planning to send a fax tomorrow stating everything with the receipt they sent me. Please let me know if there is any other way to contact them [emergency no.??]

Thanks,
rim:confused:

Niza,

I see from your posting that you did your medical less than a month after receiving the request. How come? I thought that you had to wait six months. Did this cause any problem? Is it okay to do the medical with in a month even though they ask to wait for 6 months? I would appreciate your reply.
:confused:

Change in Education...pls help

I applied to Buffalo in Apr 2002 and received the file no in Sep 2002. No assessment yet...
In the meantime , I did a Post graduate Diploma ( 1yr) and completed it . Do I need to tell about my change in education to CIC ? If yes, what documents do I need to send to CIC ?
kindly let me know.

thanks-anu

Hi Srini88,

Jalma is right. You usually get one year from the date of your medical exam, BUT there is an exception!!! IF ANY OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS HAS A PASSPORT THAT IS GOING TO BE EXPAIRED BEFORE THE EXPARITION OF YOUR MEDICAL EXAM (1 YEAR) THEN THE CONSULATE WILL ALLOW YOU TO LAND BEFORE THAT EXPIARTION DATE. !! One of my friend got only three (3) months window to land because of his wife's passport expiration date.

Originally posted by Jalma
Hi Srini88,

You have to enter canada within a year from the date of your medical examination. SO plan accordingly.

Doing medical a head of time...

Mike Lynn & clearsky

I received the Initial Assessment on 03/06/2003 from LA Consulate. They asked for Medical, RPRF, New Bank letter and New state police certificates (mentioned the two US states that I lived in last 6 years). They didn’t tell me to wait a single day for the medical exam. I am not sure if the LA consulate asked anyone else to wait. More over, they told me to return all the documents with in 90 days (otherwise I might need to re-apply). What I understand is… they ask you to do your medical late so that you can get a bigger window to land (as you can not land after one year of your medical). That’s why I waited 49 day to do my medical (where is I could do it in the next day after I received the latter). I waited because… getting the bank letter took about 10 days and the police certifications took about 45 days. I had no idea why they asked me for the sate police certifications… because I already gave them the FBI finger print clearance (which took about 2 months to get) when my application was submitted (according to the rule at that time). I heard that now a day they ask people to do the police/FBI clearance later.

I personally think… if they tell you to wait some period of time before doing the medical then you should wait for your own good so that you can get a bigger time-frame (window) to land. Usually it never takes more than 15 days (after completion of your exam) for the consulate to get the green signal for your medical (from the department of health). If you do your medical a head of time and when the consulate couldn’t finish other paper works (specially the security clearance) then doing your medical early might not help you at all. Rather there is a risk… if the other paper work takes close to a year… then you might need to re-do your medical. Some people might think that if they have a medical exam expiring soon… the consulate might feel pressure to finish the paper work sooner (I highly doubt it). Expiring medical is your problem… not theirs.

I just wrote here what I know. I might be right or I might be wrong. Doing medical a head of time is your choice.

Niza, how do you get state police clearence

Hi Niza,
Read your detailed post. Thanks for posting your experiences.
Just for knowledge and future reference how do you get state police clearence. Where do you apply and what is the procedure?I am sure the reqts and fees differ between states but there must be some common threads.
Thanks.

Re: Niza, how do you get state police clearence

Originally posted by texancanadian
Hi Niza,
Read your detailed post. Thanks for posting your experiences.
Just for knowledge and future reference how do you get state police clearence. Where do you apply and what is the procedure?I am sure the reqts and fees differ between states but there must be some common threads.
Thanks.

The consulate provided me the addresses, fee info and procedure to get these state police clearances. California was the difficult one... they needed fingure-print set like FBI (US$ 12 - 15 to make one) and their fee also cost more (US$ 32.00 for each person) and took close to 2 months. The other state was only a US$12.00 fee. I just had to write them a letter (with my SSN, DOB, Last address in that state, copy of the ID of that state and copy of current California DL) with the fee.
Hope it helps. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Can someone put sample covering letter(to whom send to) and other details for sending documents to Canadian Consulate general.

Thanks,
Esskaybos1

Any problem while returning to Canada to pickup PR card in person?

I read couple of times in this site that...

"The landing document is valid for travel to Canada till the end of 2003(even though they stamp it as not valid for travel)."

This is very helpful for those who returned to U.S.A right after landing and then got a letter to pickup PR card in person (for some reason it wasn't mail to their given address).

My question is... Is there any CIC website or official document talks about this? If so then we can take a printout and have it with us while going back to Canada to pickup PR card. Anyone ??

Hello-

PR card is only required if yoiu are flying back to Canada...else if travelling by road from USA you can use your landing docs.......
This info is given to me by Immigration officer when I landed in Canada on June, 03.

Hi Desi145,
I have sorted the excel document in each category according to the application date and posted it back here.Can you please use this as a base for your future modifications.

Thanks.
Fizal

Got the Passport !!

Passport sent July 28, 2003
Received by them July 30, 2003 (sent by priority mail)
Received from them Aug 8, 2003. (returned by prepaid express mail tyvek envelope)

Kalpesh: please add the timeline the next time you update the tracker. Thanks

Cheers,
Tanvi

For Niza:

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr-card/prc-issues.html

-----------------------

Can I leave Canada during the application-processing period?

You can travel outside of Canada and use your IMM 1000 document as proof of your permanent resident status to re-enter Canada until December 30, 2003.

If you are a permanent resident and are seeking to re-enter Canada without a PR card after this date, you will not be permitted to board your carrier.

You will then need to contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate to obtain a limited use travel document to re-enter Canada at a cost of $50 for each traveling permanent resident.