Buffalo Tracker (please add)

GCBy2010 said:
goingtocanada,

thanks for posting your views on my second question above.

I guess for my first question, probably I have to wait and see what happens to my application. Normally does everyone send the original student copy of IELTS score to Buffalo ? I did'nt expect it to be the case because the IELTS student copy says, that will be the one and only original copy of IELTS score we will ever receive and scores will be sent to third parties only in the future..Is this correct ?

If so, then an applicant may want to retain his original score to apply for studies/immigration to other countries..
As far as i know (from reading earlier posts), u can keep the original copy and send a photocopy. The scoresheet is supposed to have a number that the Buffalo people can enter on the IELTS web site that confirms the score

I had asked this question couple of weeks ago and the general consensus was that both PCC and FBI clearance should be sent. But most of the people said that FBI report was asked for again, but nowhere did i read that you can send the application without the PCC. I decided to not send the FBI report but send the PCC for sure. and it takes around 2 months to get that. if somebody knows that we can file the application without sending the PCC please let me know, since that is the only thing delaying my application.

goingtocanada said:
As for the second question, i've asked it before on this fourm and got mixed answers. Some people believe that FBI clearence is a must with the application and the Indian PCC can be sent later. Others have said that applying with a FBI clearence is of no use as they ask u for another FBI clearence anyways.

Anybody got anything to add to this?

Is there anybody who did apply without a FBI clearence and got his/her application sent back?? Please post

I had applied without PCC and FBI Report, and which is probably better to do because they are valid for only six months so they will ask you again, I got asked at IA and then I sent it.

So go ahead an apply without it, and apply for both only like one before your IA not right now.....since they will expire.

US Status and Canada

Does anyone know what happens if you are out of status (less than 180 days) in US when your canada landing papers come through?

Also, my application status just says: processing since september 2004.

Here are my timelines:

Submitted: July 2004
Received: September 27, 2004
Medical and fingerprints sent: July 2005

No word since. What do you guys think?

I went to the canadian consulate seminar on friday at detroit, and had a one-on-one with the director of the detroit consulate. She advised me -

1) NOT to file the application without the FBI and PCC.

2) Further, she advised me to give the english test and then apply, because u're application can be outright rejected after IA if u do not score the minimum 67 points based on the officers assesment of u're english speaking capablities.

goingtocanada said:
I went to the canadian consulate seminar on friday at detroit, and had a one-on-one with the director of the detroit consulate. She advised me -

1) NOT to file the application without the FBI and PCC.

2) Further, she advised me to give the english test and then apply, because u're application can be outright rejected after IA if u do not score the minimum 67 points based on the officers assesment of u're english speaking capablities.

1) It is better to submit the application with the FBI clearance and PCC (if applicable)

2) You should not put your application on hold just because you dont have the IELTS score. As has been mentioned the problem will occur after IA. Based on present timeline it is taking on an average 10 to 12 months to get the IA after submitting the application. So you will have more than sufficient time to appear in IELTS and add your score to your application later on.

Kenny04 said:
1) It is better to submit the application with the FBI clearance and PCC (if applicable)

2) You should not put your application on hold just because you dont have the IELTS score. As has been mentioned the problem will occur after IA. Based on present timeline it is taking on an average 10 to 12 months to get the IA after submitting the application. So you will have more than sufficient time to appear in IELTS and add your score to your application later on.
Well, if u submit the application without the IELTS score, would'nt it be considered incomplete???... and returned back to u?

goingtocanada said:
Well, if u submit the application without the IELTS score, would'nt it be considered incomplete???... and returned back to u?

Without the IELTS score you can submit your application by writing an English proficiency letter. Read the Skilled worker immigration guide available on www.cic.gc.ca to find out the details.

All I am trying to say is that dont hold your application back just because you dont have the IELTS score. It can take upto 3 months just to get a date for IELTS and another couple of weeks to a month to get the results. So dont waste time and send your application so that you can get in queue.

Planning to file for Canadian PR

Any guidance would be helpful on following questions.
1. I was going thru the form. it seems CIC ask previous job experience letters in a very particular format along with business card of authorised signatory and I have thos letters in a very generic format. Is that a cause for concern?
2. If I file my aplication from US and later move to India before it can be processed, is it still possible to continue that application while In india. What are the options?

Thanks,

Siddhartha .

sidshar said:
Any guidance would be helpful on following questions.
1. I was going thru the form. it seems CIC ask previous job experience letters in a very particular format along with business card of authorised signatory and I have thos letters in a very generic format. Is that a cause for concern?
2. If I file my aplication from US and later move to India before it can be processed, is it still possible to continue that application while In india. What are the options?

Thanks,

Siddhartha .

1) An experience letter must be on the official company letterhead and should atleast contain the duration of employment, salary amount and your position in the company. From your current job you should get a more detailed letter mentioning your day to day duties.

You should also provide tax returns for the years you have worked and pay stubs for the current year. The more information you provide the better. Your aim is to leave no doubt in the mind of the immigration official so that he grants you an interview waiver. Getting a generic experience letter will not help.

2) If you apply for Canadian immigraion in US and have to return to India then there are two possible outcomes:

A) You get interview waiver and after everything is complete you are asked to send your passport for the visa. The visa can only be issued by the Canadian consulate handling you case in US. So now you will have to figure out a way to send your passport from India to US. Moreover the Canadian embassy will only mail the passport back to an address in US or Canada, so you will need to provide a return address of US or Canada and then get it back to India from there.

B) You are asked to appear in an interview. In this case you have no choice but to get a visa for the US and appear in the interview. If you are unable to attend the interview your file may be transfered to India. This will increase the processing time of your application significantly.

NJ Oct02-PD said:
I sent out (to bufflo) my application last year and got AOR long time ago. I checked online about my status and it says that they opened my case and started proceed it around late January this year (it's been 8 months already). Can someone please give any opinions regarding when and what is going to happen next? Thanks.

Hi!I also applied in sept 2004 got aor in jan and after that whenever i go online to check the status they say the the same thing in process i dont know how much time are they going to take more?????????? please tell if somebody got some news from them.
thanks

Getting the FBI clearnace also takes around 1 month and getting PCC from countries like India takes minimum 45 days. Is it advisable to wait all this time before filing the application and that too when we know both the FBI and PCC will expire before they will be really needed and we will have to get the new ones?
if we plan to appear in IELTS after filing the application, should we mention it somewhere about this or just send other proofs we have like toefl etc.?

Kenny04 said:

For some reason the IA step has slowed down considerably after June/July. And it seems no one knows why. If someone knows the reason for this slowdown, please post here.

hannah said:
Hi!I also applied in sept 2004 got aor in jan and after that whenever i go online to check the status they say the the same thing in process i dont know how much time are they going to take more?????????? please tell if somebody got some news from them.
thanks

IELTS test required

Hi!
I just got a letter saying that we need an IELTS test and we have 120 days to submit the results.........does that mean we are ok or they will refuse our application.What if we get the right score does it make the process fast?
thanks

everything_gud said:
Getting the FBI clearnace also takes around 1 month and getting PCC from countries like India takes minimum 45 days. Is it advisable to wait all this time before filing the application and that too when we know both the FBI and PCC will expire before they will be really needed and we will have to get the new ones?
if we plan to appear in IELTS after filing the application, should we mention it somewhere about this or just send other proofs we have like toefl etc.?

You have to provide the Indian PCC alongwith your application and you will get the FBI clearance in the same timeframe therefore wait to get both and send them with your application. You will have to provide the FBI clearance approx. one year down the line when you get IA(initial assessment).

You dont need to tell them that you will appear in IELTS. Just write an English proficiency letter and provide additional proof if you have any like TOEFL, GRE etc (Although they dont really care about these scores).

hannah said:
Hi!
I just got a letter saying that we need an IELTS test and we have 120 days to submit the results.........does that mean we are ok or they will refuse our application. What if we get the right score does it make the process fast?
thanks

It just means that they are not satisfied by the proof you have provided regarding your English proficiency. Appear in IELTS(General) as soon as possible and provide them your score. You have to score atleast 7 in each section to get the max 16 points for English proficiency. Getting the required score will NOT make the process fast.

Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

IS THIS REALLY TRUE ??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332163

-----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same delays will be in all visa posts due to the settlement cases - 130,000 of previously frozen pre-2002 applications have been thrown back into processing and half of them (including all 1999 and earlier) must be completed by middle of 2006, all 2000 cases completed by middle of 2007 and all 2001 applications must be completed by the end of 2008. Read Article 3c here for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/mandam...ment-final.html

130,000 applications represent statistically more than 270,000 visas versus annual quota of about 135,000 to 145,000 visas available in affected SW class. So yes, they will affect all still pending cases submitted in 2002 and later.

Additional delays for 2002 and later cases may be anywhere from several months to 3+ years, depending from visa post.

kothari_rupesh said:
IS THIS REALLY TRUE ??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332163

-----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same delays will be in all visa posts due to the settlement cases - 130,000 of previously frozen pre-2002 applications have been thrown back into processing and half of them (including all 1999 and earlier) must be completed by middle of 2006, all 2000 cases completed by middle of 2007 and all 2001 applications must be completed by the end of 2008. Read Article 3c here for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/mandam...ment-final.html

130,000 applications represent statistically more than 270,000 visas versus annual quota of about 135,000 to 145,000 visas available in affected SW class. So yes, they will affect all still pending cases submitted in 2002 and later.

Additional delays for 2002 and later cases may be anywhere from several months to 3+ years, depending from visa post.

This can't be true, look at the time line of a person who just landed
read his post of today.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=193647
and these are his time lines.

Cndn GC: MD:5/10/4 AOR:6/14/4 IA 1/10/5 FP mailed 1/27/5, FP Rcvd 3/25/5, Medical: 3/2/5,
PP rqst rcvd 5/9/5, PP mailed 5/10/5, Visa rcvd 5/27/5, Landed 10/15/5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I know some others who have applied in 2004 and have completed landing as well.

I travel a lot and most of the time when I apply for visa I keep my I94 with me as it is the proof of my valid stay in USA (in case I loose my passport) but always attacj a photo copy of I94 for reference.
App0