Buffalo Tracker (please add)

lcapdiddy said:
Guys, I have a quick question:

If I get married after having filed an application for Canadian PR, can I add my (future) spouse to the application?

I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks!
You can add your spouse to your existing application. After you get married just send the following information to the embassy handling your case:

Cover letter requesting them to add your spouse to your existing application.

1) Updated second page of Application for Permanent Residence IMM 0008,
2) Updated Additional Family Information IMM 5406,
3) Your spouse´s Schedule 1 and IMM 5406
4) Your spouse´s birth certificate,
5) Marriage certificate,
6) Spouse´s education documents,
7) Photos
8) Application fee in the amount of CAD 550 for spouse
9) Copy of passport
10) Police clearance certificate

Pcc

Thanks Kenny,
I appreciate your help. Another question is:

Btw is the PCC different from the document that the FBI sends you (after you submit your fingerprints)? From an earlier post, someone mentioned that the PCC is obtained from the local police authorities.

Can you please clarify?

Kenny04 said:
You can add your spouse to your existing application. After you get married just send the following information to the embassy handling your case:

Cover letter requesting them to add your spouse to your existing application.

1) Updated second page of Application for Permanent Residence IMM 0008,
2) Updated Additional Family Information IMM 5406,
3) Your spouse´s Schedule 1 and IMM 5406
4) Your spouse´s birth certificate,
5) Marriage certificate,
6) Spouse´s education documents,
7) Photos
8) Application fee in the amount of CAD 550 for spouse
9) Copy of passport
10) Police clearance certificate

Hi lcapdiddy,

Your spouse will have to provide Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) from all the countries she has lived in for more than 6 months since she turned 18.

In USA the PCC is the FBI clearance.

Canadian goverment plan to increase immigration by 40%

From the most recent immigration news Canada government is to unveil a plan soon to increase immigration by 40% in the next five years, in contrast to the slowing down of American immigration. They will also address the backlog issue. Go to Yahoo news, type "immigration backlog" you will find the news from a reliable source.

Having posting that good news, now I wonder how many folks filed their case in November 2004 have received the Initial Assessment. I filed mine in November 2004, received in March 2005 the Acknowledgement of Receipt. Last night I checked my case status on line, it says "In Process". Can some friends shed some light here?

Also, it seems that the Buffalo is tightning the rules against Chinese and Indians (just like the American government?) by imposing English tests, etc. Not sure if this is true. Not long ago, some media revealed the dirty secrets of the Canadian skilled worker immigration processing discrimination (by allocating sources to non-Chinese, non-Indian applicaitons based on the fact that too many applicants from these two countries). The immigration authority quickly denied the allegation. But we need to remind them of this, to make sure a smooth and fast processing.

This forum is not as active as I expect it to be given the disturbing retrogression happening in the US.

question for gurus

I am in US on H1 visa. If i apply for Canadian PR in the US, and I have to go back to India before it gets approved, what will happen to my application. Will it be invalid as I am no longer a resident of US??

Thanks in advance for u're answers.

goingtocanada said:
I am in US on H1 visa. If i apply for Canadian PR in the US, and I have to go back to India before it gets approved, what will happen to my application. Will it be invalid as I am no longer a resident of US??

Thanks in advance for u're answers.

If you apply for Canadian immigraion in US and have to return to India then there are two possible outcomes:

1) You get interview waiver and after everything is complete you are asked to send your passport for the visa. The visa can only be issued by the Canadian consulate handling you case in US. So now you will have to figure out a way to send your passport from India to US. Moreover the Canadian embassy will only mail the passport back to an address in US or Canada, so you will need to provide a return address of US or Canada and then get it back to India from there.

2) You are asked to appear in an interview. In this case you have no choice but to get a visa for the US and appear in the interview. If you are unable to attend the interview your file may be transfered to India. This will increase the processing time of your application significantly.

Kenny04 said:
If you apply for Canadian immigraion in US and have to return to India then there are two possible outcomes:

1) You get interview waiver and after everything is complete you are asked to send your passport for the visa. The visa can only be issued by the Canadian consulate handling you case in US. So now you will have to figure out a way to send your passport from India to US. Moreover the Canadian embassy will only mail the passport back to an address in US or Canada, so you will need to provide a return address of US or Canada and then get it back to India from there.

2) You are asked to appear in an interview. In this case you have no choice but to get a visa for the US and appear in the interview. If you are unable to attend the interview your file may be transfered to India. This will increase the processing time of your application significantly.
Thanks Kenny. The info was very useful

Medical to Final : How long ?

I submitted my medical papers on March 10th. How liong will it take for the final stage. What is the next stage, They will ask for passports ?

Pl. Help

Language proficiency

hi
we have submitted our PR application in May 2005. got case# in 2 weeks. Still waiting for IA which will take a while i guess. We (both me and my husband) have not taken IELTS tests but have submitted a letter about edu. , work etc. From the current trend it looks like they are asking for the tests. I checked IELTS web site and got info. It looks like it will cost a lot for both of us.Here are my questions
1. How much credit does spouse carry? I mean what are the chances that they will ask the secondary applicant for proof of english? does anyone know the trend?
2. If one has to give the exam then where to get study materials from? The IELTS center nearest to us does have their own classes and study materials that you can buy. But we are not sure if we should do this investment before IA .In the meantime can we get something from local library? I think they follow guidelines of Cambridge Univ. So is there anything we can get and kind of start working on this.?

any suggestions are welcome
keep up the good work
thanks
dhm2002

dhm2002 said:
hi
we have submitted our PR application in May 2005. got case# in 2 weeks. Still waiting for IA which will take a while i guess. We (both me and my husband) have not taken IELTS tests but have submitted a letter about edu. , work etc. From the current trend it looks like they are asking for the tests. I checked IELTS web site and got info. It looks like it will cost a lot for both of us.Here are my questions
1. How much credit does spouse carry? I mean what are the chances that they will ask the secondary applicant for proof of english? does anyone know the trend?
2. If one has to give the exam then where to get study materials from? The IELTS center nearest to us does have their own classes and study materials that you can buy. But we are not sure if we should do this investment before IA .In the meantime can we get something from local library? I think they follow guidelines of Cambridge Univ. So is there anything we can get and kind of start working on this.?

any suggestions are welcome
keep up the good work
thanks
dhm2002

Fisrt of all only the principal applicant has to appear in IELTS(General). The dependent does not have prove her/his English proficiency.

There is a lot of information available on the internet. I followed the Cambridge IELTS book for preparing for IELTS. You can search this forum to find out the experience of people who have appeared in IELTS.

I think it is a wise decision to take IELTS.

Thanks

Thanks Kenny04 for your prompt reply. In my case my husband is the principle applicant. I am the depndent so I guess I don't have to give the test for language proficiency. I will follow your advice about searching the forum.

thanks
dhm2002

I submitted my medical papers on March 10th. How liong will it take for the final stage. What is the next stage, They will ask for passports ?

Pl. Help

Hi Popoye,

After you got the Initial Assessment(IA) and were asked to get the medical done the background and security checks were initiated.

Background check - verification of your claims, education and experience credentials done by visa post processing your application with cooperation of visa posts in countries your credentials were earned.

Security check is conducted completely outside of Immigration by Canadian security and intelligence agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries where check is being conducted. It is looking deep into your life, background, activities, associations etc. to find out if you are or ever were involved or are or have been associated with someone who is or was involved in espionage, terrorism, radical movements, crimes against humanity, organized crime, etc.

Unfortunately authorities in some countries take months or longer than a year to reply to inquiries from Canadian authorities and in some countries check has to be done using old fashion spy methods. It all takes time and depending from your background, nationality, countries you lived in, people you associated with (knowingly or not), your activities etc. it may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to conclude.

If you want to you can apply for CAIPS notes. Maybe you will get an idea about what is happening in your case. Visit www.caipsnotes.com or www.caips.ca

Looking at my timeline (in my signature below) how much time will it take to recv my baby's medical form?
I am assuming that would be the last step from my side or is there anything else pending after that??
How much more time after my baby's medicals for passport request. I was seeing some timelines at yogi99 website and noticed that PP had not requested till date for ppl with medicals in Nov 04....is it true that this thing is also getting backlogged for Indians and Chinese??
Thanx in advance
-V

richshi said:
From the most recent immigration news Canada government is to unveil a plan soon to increase immigration by 40% in the next five years, in contrast to the slowing down of American immigration. They will also address the backlog issue. Go to Yahoo news, type "immigration backlog" you will find the news from a reliable source.

Having posting that good news, now I wonder how many folks filed their case in November 2004 have received the Initial Assessment. I filed mine in November 2004, received in March 2005 the Acknowledgement of Receipt. Last night I checked my case status on line, it says "In Process". Can some friends shed some light here?

Also, it seems that the Buffalo is tightning the rules against Chinese and Indians (just like the American government?) by imposing English tests, etc. Not sure if this is true. Not long ago, some media revealed the dirty secrets of the Canadian skilled worker immigration processing discrimination (by allocating sources to non-Chinese, non-Indian applicaitons based on the fact that too many applicants from these two countries). The immigration authority quickly denied the allegation. But we need to remind them of this, to make sure a smooth and fast processing.

This forum is not as active as I expect it to be given the disturbing retrogression happening in the US.
It seems it has slowed down considerably after August Applicants. I looked up few other forums too and everyone seem to agree that IA has slowed to down for everyone. Some are saying it might be 10-12 months from AOR date for IA to get done. Let's hope its much earlier than that.
Let's keep it updated to so we know what the trend is like.
I am a Nov 04 App, Mar 2005 AOR.

Gurus - Please Help with Answers

I sent my application package to Buffalo for Canadian PR today. Two things that I did not do:

1. I wrote my IELTS exam in August and got over 7 points in all 4 sections. I requested my copy of IELTS score to be sent to Buffalo Office while I took the exam. I also enclosed a xerox copy of the test results along with my application sent today, but FAILED to include the original student copy. Because my original IELTS score would have been sent to the Buffalo office (2 months back) when my application was non-existent, will they store the test results anticipating future applications. If so how will they tie (or track) my original IELTS score from that to my application now ?

If the score cannot be tracked like that, will my application be returned because I only sent a xerox copy of the score instead of the original now ?

2. I did not send the FBI clearance certificate or PCC certificate (from India) along with the application ? Will they return my application because of lack of the same.

GCBy2010 said:
I sent my application package to Buffalo for Canadian PR today. Two things that I did not do:

1. I wrote my IELTS exam in August and got over 7 points in all 4 sections. I requested my copy of IELTS score to be sent to Buffalo Office while I took the exam. I also enclosed a xerox copy of the test results along with my application sent today, but FAILED to include the original student copy. Because my original IELTS score would have been sent to the Buffalo office (2 months back) when my application was non-existent, will they store the test results anticipating future applications. If so how will they tie (or track) my original IELTS score from that to my application now ?

If the score cannot be tracked like that, will my application be returned because I only sent a xerox copy of the score instead of the original now ?

2. I did not send the FBI clearance certificate or PCC certificate (from India) along with the application ? Will they return my application because of lack of the same.
As for the second question, i've asked it before on this fourm and got mixed answers. Some people believe that FBI clearence is a must with the application and the Indian PCC can be sent later. Others have said that applying with a FBI clearence is of no use as they ask u for another FBI clearence anyways.

Anybody got anything to add to this?

Is there anybody who did apply without a FBI clearence and got his/her application sent back?? Please post

Time frame for my case?

I sent out (to bufflo) my application last year and got AOR long time ago. I checked online about my status and it says that they opened my case and started proceed it around late January this year (it's been 8 months already). Can someone please give any opinions regarding when and what is going to happen next? Thanks.

Hello vishu6,

I have received my baby's medical form at the 11th day after sending the papers related to my baby.

Mailed on 09/12/2005 from CA
Received medical form on 09/23/2005

Hope this helps

vishu6 said:
Looking at my timeline (in my signature below) how much time will it take to recv my baby's medical form?
I am assuming that would be the last step from my side or is there anything else pending after that??
How much more time after my baby's medicals for passport request. I was seeing some timelines at yogi99 website and noticed that PP had not requested till date for ppl with medicals in Nov 04....is it true that this thing is also getting backlogged for Indians and Chinese??
Thanx in advance
-V

thanks for reply

goingtocanada,

thanks for posting your views on my second question above.

I guess for my first question, probably I have to wait and see what happens to my application. Normally does everyone send the original student copy of IELTS score to Buffalo ? I did'nt expect it to be the case because the IELTS student copy says, that will be the one and only original copy of IELTS score we will ever receive and scores will be sent to third parties only in the future..Is this correct ?

If so, then an applicant may want to retain his original score to apply for studies/immigration to other countries..

Last edited by a moderator: