Buffalo Tracker (please add)

As mentioned in other posts that FBI finger print results sometimes get expired before needed and we are asked to do it again. don't u think we shud get it done at that time only(save money and time) but the PCC from india should be sent with the application itself..
How about the money- processing fee shud be sent now and the immigration fee can be paid later??

USCISisMockery said:
I advice you to send FBI fingerprint and PCC together with the application.

Thanks StonedAnt

ROLF is the same as RPRF, sorry for the confusion. Their current charges are US$820 or CD$975.

FAA

StonedAnt said:
Congratulations FAA,

Is the Right of Landing Fee the same as Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)?

Stoned!

Don't know if this will help. But I submitted my application in Jan 04 and sent the FBI and PCC from my home country in May 04 (this is what my lawyer adviced me), however, by the time my interview was scheduled (Sep 05), they requested a new set of records. If I am not mistaken, I remember reading on this forum that the validity of this record is only 6 months from the date it was issued.

You need to send the application fee with your documents (CD$550), the RPRF payment can be done later.

FAA

everything_gud said:
As mentioned in other posts that FBI finger print results sometimes get expired before needed and we are asked to do it again. don't u think we shud get it done at that time only(save money and time) but the PCC from india should be sent with the application itself..
How about the money- processing fee shud be sent now and the immigration fee can be paid later??

Congrats FAA on getting the PR visa and thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Before the interview were you asked to bring any specific document to prove your work experience like updated reference letters, tax returns etc.

Quebec-selected skilled worker - PR file to Buffalo

Hello Everyone. I am very happy to join this list.

I am currently a student in Montreal, Quebec and have sent my file to the Buffalo office after obtaining my CSQ. Here is where I currently stand:

Applied for CSQ - April '04
Received CSQ - Sep '04
Applied for Permanent Residency to Federal Office in Buffalo: March '05
(I sent the police certificates from FBI)
Medical Exam Received by Office: July '05.

They have still not asked for my canadian police certificate. Will this be required? I am currently a Pakistani citizen. Does this mean it will take longer for them to process my file - doing background checks, etc..? I have been in the US and Canada for the past 5 years as a student so I did not need to submit the police certificate for Pakistan.

How long should I expect to wait until I get an answer?

From FAA's post and other, i think it is established that the application for PR can be submitted WITHOUT the FBI police clearence. Can anyone add their experience?? Anybody else out here who submitted the application recently without attaching the PCC??

Timeline?

Hi FAA, where are you applying from and where are you located now?

I'm in US under H1b and i've sent my medical in Jan 05 and haven't got any response until now. maybe it's taking longer these days? your seems to be very fast.

additional family information

I am asking this question for a friend who has applied for canadian PR.

He has married recently and have a new baby as well.

Q. Which forms he and his wife need to fill out for this application? Could some one tell me which form numbers they need to fill out?

Send the following documents to add your baby to your application:

1) Certified copy of baby´s Birth Certificate;
2) Copy of Passport;
3) Updated second page of IMM0008;
4) Application fee - Please check
5) 4 photos;
6) Cover letter to inform CIC the birth of child - Mention your file number
7) Updated ddditional Family information (IMM 5406) form

If they need any other information they will let you know.

Hello Kenny and thank you.

When I received the letter informing me of my interview date, it contained a list of original documents I was suppose to present when I get there.

Here is the list:
- Valid and previously issued passport
***(I had 5 passports and they took all of them).
- Birth certificates (showing parents' name) for all persons named in the application.
*** took the original
- Birth certificate for the relative in Canada named on your application and evidence of residence in Canada.
*** took copies of 3 cousin uncle/aunt
- CURRENT police clearance certificates per the attached instructions.
*** took a new set (one from FBI, and the other from Tanzania)
- Marriage certificate(s), if applicable.
*** not applicable
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
*** not applicable
- Divorce decrees (if applicable).
*** not applicable
- UPDATED proof of assets
*** bank statements for the past 1 year
- ALL Educational degrees, diplomas, or certificates and complete transcripts for principal applicant and for all dependants 19 yrs of age or over
*** took all originals
- ALL letters of reference detailing your present and previous work experience or business background
*** just had the originals of the copies I already submitted, nothing new since I am a fulltime student currently
- Any offer you may have for employment in Canada
*** none
- Evidence of paid employment (i.e. income tax records, pay records, etc.)
*** I just took my W2s for this one (2000 - 2004)
- 4 photos for every person named on the application
- Height and eye color details for all family members
- You must provide a Canadian or US Mailing Address
- PROOF of language proficiency
*** did not take anything for this, the fact that I am currently doing my second degree in the US is sufficient to prove my proficiency in the Eng language.

Let me know if you need more information.

Kenny04 said:
Congrats FAA on getting the PR visa and thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Before the interview were you asked to bring any specific document to prove your work experience like updated reference letters, tax returns etc.

Hello ssg10

I applied at the Buffalo Consulate in Jan 2004 and currently I reside in Pennsylvania. The whole process took about 21 months for me and am currently in the US on a student visa.

Hope the above information helps.
FAA

ssg10 said:
Hi FAA, where are you applying from and where are you located now?

I'm in US under H1b and i've sent my medical in Jan 05 and haven't got any response until now. maybe it's taking longer these days? your seems to be very fast.

everything_gud said:

I was of the same opinion, but on Buffalo form its clearly written to submit FBI clearance with the application. Also I heard they became strict about it and English proficiency.

Hi kenny04
thanks for the answer.husband and wife both should fill the form of IMM5406 OR principal applicant can submit the IMM5406 and it will sufficient

Kenny04 said:
Send the following documents to add your baby to your application:

1) Certified copy of baby´s Birth Certificate;
2) Copy of Passport;
3) Updated second page of IMM0008;
4) Application fee - Please check
5) 4 photos;
6) Cover letter to inform CIC the birth of child - Mention your file number
7) Updated ddditional Family information (IMM 5406) form

If they need any other information they will let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
i have one question about IMM5406 both husband and wife should fill this form or principal applicant can fill this form and it will sufficient.

sonusa said:
Hi kenny04
thanks for the answer.husband and wife both should fill the form of IMM5406 OR principal applicant can submit the IMM5406 and it will sufficient

I am not sure about this but as the principal applicant and his/her spouse have to fill in the form IMM5406 therefore both of you should update your IMM 5406.

question about the progress after medical exam

Hello,

I finished the medical exam on Aug and the medical exam results [everything normal arrived to Ottawa on Aug 22. I lived in the US. The Buffalo letter told me that no other document is need.

Still waiting for the passport request.
How long will it take to get the passport request?

Thanks.

yy1

Question on passport request!

Hello,

I have a question on passport request.

Should I include my I-94 card in my passport or not or just provide photo-copy of I-94 card?

Just want to minimize any possibility of lose I-94 card.

Your experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

yy1

From what my knowledge tells me, I think it is better that the original I-94 is attached. If you fear losing it, just staple it to page in your passport (just the way they do it at point of entry) and it shouldn't be an issue at all.

However, I am no lawyer, or any other legal consultant so use your judgement.

FAA

yy1 said:
Hello,

I have a question on passport request.

Should I include my I-94 card in my passport or not or just provide photo-copy of I-94 card?

Just want to minimize any possibility of lose I-94 card.

Your experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

yy1

Family Members in the future

Guys, I have a quick question:

If I get married after having filed an application for Canadian PR, can I add my (future) spouse to the application?

I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks!