Buffalo Tracker (please add)

W-2s

If somebody helped you do the taxes that year, I would suggest talking to that person/company to see if they have a copy.

I had lost one of my W2s couple of years ago, but I was able to contact H&R Block and get a copy for a nominal fee.

Stoned!

W2/ fees

Can I send them all my existing docs and send the missing w2 after I recieve it from my company. Also, do you have to send the $975 cheque at this time.

in your IA

neels1,

I believe what you are asking should be mentioned in the Initial Assessment or whatever letter they sent you, including the CAD 975 which I assume is the RPRF. Normally, my understanding is that they prefer you to send all the documents in one package, otherwise your case could get delayed. Check the exact instructions that they have sent you as I have noticed them to have been different for everyone in this forum.

Stoned!

re: anyone filed in Nov, 2004

I am in the same schedule as you are (Nov - App, Mar - AOR).

Haven't seen any new updates on IA side on Yogi site.

Hope to get IA soon.

richshi said:
I filed my application in early Nov., 2004, AOR received in March 2005, wonder anyone here with similar situation received IA yet. Checking YOGI, but not much info after June 2005.

thanks in advance for sharing info.

Buffalo slowing down

From some Chinese news sources, the Canada immigration process slowing down intentionally for China and India born immigration petitions... it is not immigration policy, but internal instruction.

Protests and complaint have been raised by the legal community in Canada on this.

It seems there has been very few IA responses in after June. I looked up Yogi site and there are no posts of IA steps after Jun 2005. There are, however, AOR entries. So I am guessing there must be huge backlog there. If anyone has clue on why did it suddenly slowed (stopped) since June, please post here. Thanks

Hi folks,
I'm a first timer here and about to apply for canadian PR. Can somebody tell me what AOR means. Or rather, what are the different stages that u go thru after appling for a PR.

Thanks in advance.

AOR means...

Hello,

AOR stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt. I believe it means that the Consulate has received your application and all the necessary forms are in order.

For the exact details of the process , I would suggest that you go to the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english

Stoned!

Thanks folks for you quick replies. Now that i've looked more into this, I have one quick question (which i guess will not be the last of my quick questions ...ha).

What is the general method of proving your ability in english. Do many people go for the english test, or just try to prove their ability. I have had my entire education in english and been working in US for 5 years. What do u suggest i do, keeping in mind that i DO need to maximize on the 16 points for language, to get a passing total score.

Further, i read some post where the applicant was asked to take the test for english. If my score is low, can the CICS ask me to take the test to improve my score, or will they outright reject my application

Is there a seperate forum for people in the pre-application stage, or is this the right place to ask these questions?

Thanks in advance for your replies

goingtocanada said:
Thanks folks for you quick replies. Now that i've looked more into this, I have one quick question (which i guess will not be the last of my quick questions ...ha).

What is the general method of proving your ability in english. Do many people go for the english test, or just try to prove their ability. I have had my entire education in english and been working in US for 5 years. What do u suggest i do, keeping in mind that i DO need to maximize on the 16 points for language, to get a passing total score.

Further, i read some post where the applicant was asked to take the test for english. If my score is low, can the CICS ask me to take the test to improve my score, or will they outright reject my application

Is there a seperate forum for people in the pre-application stage, or is this the right place to ask these questions?

if you have masters and five years, you do not need to get all 16 points to qualify.
different people have proved their english ability different ways. some have submitted letters, excerpts from the technical articles\thesis written by them and so on. you will find on this forum even templates of such letters.

goingtocanada said:

If your native language is not English I will strongly reccomend that you appear in IELTS to prove your proficiency in English. I have seen a recent trend (by reading the experience of a number of people on forums like this one) in the Canadian consulate in Buffalo (USA) to ask the applicants to provide IELTS score.

You dont have to put your application on hold just because of the IELTS score. You should send in your application but also book a date to appear in IELTS - in US the wait can be as long as 3 months. This way your application will be in queue and you can send in your score as soon as you get it.

Visit www.ielts.org for more information about IELTS. You will have to appear in the General section of the exam. To get the max. 16 points for english proficiency you will have to score at least 7 in each section (Out of 9).

Ielts

Hi,

Just my 2cents.

If you have a BS/MS degree from the US or other english speaking countries, you can try applying without IELTS. Ofcourse, its totally up to the adjudicating officer to accept it or not.

I had applied without IELTS and got approved. However, I did send in a copy of my GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, TSE, TWE scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
police clearance

Guyz,

One of the requirement to file for canadian PR is getting police clearance frmo whereever you have stayed more than 6 months after u r 18 years old. I am in US for last 6 years and still in extended H1, do i need to get police verification from US? if yes, then is it a long process?? How about the police certificate from india? can somebody get ir from my behalf from india?? how much time does that take?

any info wud be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

You can go to the local police station in your area and get a PCC from them. Of course you go to do the FBI finger printing. As far as India is concerned go to the web site of the Indian consulate that serves your region and apply for the PCC certificate. It took me about 2 months to get it.

http://www.cgihouston.org/miscell.html

What is the full form of PCC? The link you have sent for the houston consulate doesn't have any link for PCC.. and does this mean that we don't have to apply for police certificates in indian police stations?? If that is the case,that would be great.
Should i wait for the FBI finger printing and PCC from indian consulate to file for PR or can i send them later?