Buffalo Tracker (please add)

jkvaisnavi said:
I think medical results are valid only for an year.. usually they will give a visa for an year..

so i will get till first week of November !, or they will at least 6 months..

jdchicago2003 said:
What documents you provided alongwith draft letter? (i.e. to support language Proficiency)

Thanks for your reply

you can take Letters from your colleague and Manager/Team lead show it as a supporting Documents for English Proficiency, the letter has express, that your comm skills are good.

sunnyla said:
Got US greencard then married wife outside US. So now I have to apply for Canadian PR in order to get her to North America in a couple of years. Normal US PR path is a 6 year process.

One question that I have encountered on my application: do I need to take the IELTS to prove my English fluency? I have spent 10 years in US, got my Ph.D. here, worked in US corporations for 4 years, written many journal articles, and made numerous conference presentations. I speak without a trace of accent. Do you guys think they will award me full points for my English so I can avoid taking the IELTS? It costs time and money (US$140).

Thanks in advance.

When you mean without a trace of accent, you mean American accent right? Canadians speak Canadian eh. Wonder how you are gonna communicate eh. :)

sunnyla said:
Got US greencard then married wife outside US. So now I have to apply for Canadian PR in order to get her to North America in a couple of years. Normal US PR path is a 6 year process.

One question that I have encountered on my application: do I need to take the IELTS to prove my English fluency? I have spent 10 years in US, got my Ph.D. here, worked in US corporations for 4 years, written many journal articles, and made numerous conference presentations. I speak without a trace of accent. Do you guys think they will award me full points for my English so I can avoid taking the IELTS? It costs time and money (US$140).

Thanks in advance.

my understanding is you can not hold two PR's (canadian and US) at the same time.
wouldn't it be easier for her to apply for a multiple entry visitor's visa to US and canada so that she can be here in the US for upto six months and visit canada and re-enter US? student visa to US or Canada would be faster also.

Unfortunately the US consulate in China will almost certainly deny her request for a visitor's visa because her spouse is a greencard holder therefore she has "intent to immigrate", which is a no-no for a visitor's visa. This is usually applied to many third-world applicants.

As for the dual PR issue, I just hope neither side would know. I don't intend to live in Canada for long.

tusharvk said:
my understanding is you can not hold two PR's (canadian and US) at the same time.
wouldn't it be easier for her to apply for a multiple entry visitor's visa to US and canada so that she can be here in the US for upto six months and visit canada and re-enter US? student visa to US or Canada would be faster also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi njgc2001 , GURUS,

How did you manage to get the passport request by FAX ???? please can you share ???? I am desperately waiting for mine , I have secured a good job and I dont want to lose it, any suggestions are welcome. my time line is in my signature.

Thanks in advance,
Rupesh

njgc2001 said:
Hi Gurus,

i got a fax message request from NY Canadian Office to send Passport wich is dated on 22nd July.
my time lines are.
Processing startted on November 14, 2001
Medicals sent around First week of Nov'2004
Pass port Request 22nd July 2005
How long will they give visa to me
Actually i am planning visit next feb or march.

Passport request

Hi Gurus,

Based on reading this forum I understand that you have to make your entry into Canada within 1 year from your medicals.

My question is, what if you don't get passport request within 1 year from completion of medicals and you have provided all documentation that was requested. Probably you have to do your medicals again, but this was not your fault, the delay was from the Canadian immigration officials.

Have anybody come accross such a situation. I would appreciate if I could get some comments and thoughts on this.

Below is my timeline:
Application - Feb 2004
AOR - Feb 2004
IA - Oct 2004
Medicals completed for prime applicant - Nov 2004
Medicals completed for spouse - Jan 2005
Additional documents requested provided - Dec 2004
Added new child - Dec 2004
Medicals and all documents for the child provided - April 2005

Thanks

I was in the same situation, my medicals were expiring in May 2005 and never got a Passport request. So I received another letter from CIC to get medicals done again. It does not matter even if it is not your mistake!!! :mad:

I have done my medicals still waiting for passport request.

Sandeep

kothari_rupesh said:
Hi njgc2001 , GURUS,

How did you manage to get the passport request by FAX ???? please can you share ???? I am desperately waiting for mine , I have secured a good job and I dont want to lose it, any suggestions are welcome. my time line is in my signature.

Thanks in advance,
Rupesh

Hi Kothari,

i got a call from Candian Office from NY and she(Lady Called) told they sent PP Request Long Back and they didn't recived PP she called for confirmation that still i am interested or not.
then i told i am still interested in canada immigration and i told her i didn't recieved any PP Request or anything from Canada Immigration office.
then she again asked still i am interested or not, then i told her that i am interested on it, then she asked my fax number to sent PP Request again, i gave my Office Fax Number, she immediatly faxed PP Request.

njgc2001 said:
Hi Kothari,

i got a call from Candian Office from NY and she(Lady Called) told they sent PP Request Long Back and they didn't recived PP she called for confirmation that still i am interested or not.
then i told i am still interested in canada immigration and i told her i didn't recieved any PP Request or anything from Canada Immigration office.
then she again asked still i am interested or not, then i told her that i am interested on it, then she asked my fax number to sent PP Request again, i gave my Office Fax Number, she immediatly faxed PP Request.

oh, ok, thanks for the reply.

sandeepk1999 said:
I was in the same situation, my medicals were expiring in May 2005 and never got a Passport request. So I received another letter from CIC to get medicals done again. It does not matter even if it is not your mistake!!! :mad:

I have done my medicals still waiting for passport request.

Sandeep

Sandeep,

Thanks for your response. It looks like the Immigration officials keep track of your file, since they knew that your medicals was one year old and need to take it again.

Did they give you any reason to take your medicals again. When did you get the letter for 2nd medicals, after One year?.

Could you please post your timeline Sandeep.

Thanks

Help Final Immigrations papers

Hi Gurus,
Quick help. I got my Immigration approval papers and will be landing on January '06. Do I need to sign those papers now, or do I wait to sign them during landing? Also, we will probably just wait for the permanent cards and then leave to our home country for at least a year. Do we tell officials of that intent on landing?
Thanks for your responses.
Daniel

semome said:
Hi Gurus,
Quick help. I got my Immigration approval papers and will be landing on January '06. Do I need to sign those papers now, or do I wait to sign them during landing? Also, we will probably just wait for the permanent cards and then leave to our home country for at least a year. Do we tell officials of that intent on landing?
Thanks for your responses.
Daniel
Daniel,

We would really appreciate if you could share your timeline with others in this forum.

Thanks

Re: My Timeline

Ktym said:
Daniel,

We would really appreciate if you could share your timeline with others in this forum.

Thanks

I started the process in May 2004, with AOR of June 2004. Got IA on January 2005, sent medicals and final documents in March 2005. Passport request came at end of April and got passports stamped May 10th 2005. Did it all by myself. Pretty straight forward process.
Hope this helps.
Daniel

Is there any way to skip IELTS test?

I have applied PR in Sep 2004. I live in US last 5 years. When I submitted my application I have enclosed a statement about my education, training and usage of English. Also I enclosed my school/university certificates. I thought it will be sufficent for English language proof. Therefore, I did not take IELTS test sofar. Furthermore, there is no test center in near by state. I have to fly for the test.

Now I received IA. They need IELTS test score. I could send all the documents except IELTS test score. Also we have done medicals. Now, is there a way to skip the test?. It becomes too expensive for me (about $800 to $1000).

My self assesment point is 74, by considering maximum points for english (16). Is it possible to request them to consider my application without IELTS score. Has anyone done this? Is it advisable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: IELTS

can_card said:
I have applied PR in Sep 2004. I live in US last 5 years. When I submitted my application I have enclosed a statement about my education, training and usage of English. Also I enclosed my school/university certificates. I thought it will be sufficent for English language proof. Therefore, I did not take IELTS test sofar. Furthermore, there is no test center in near by state. I have to fly for the test.

Now I received IA. They need IELTS test score. I could send all the documents except IELTS test score. Also we have done medicals. Now, is there a way to skip the test?. It becomes too expensive for me (about $800 to $1000).

My self assesment point is 74, by considering maximum points for english (16). Is it possible to request them to consider my application without IELTS score. Has anyone done this? Is it advisable?

I would highly advise you to take the test. I lived for 10 years in the US and when I took the test I did not get the highest grade. It is not as simple as you might think. Besides, you are in a confortable zone, so you don't have to get the highest grade to be approved.
Hope this helps.
Daniel

Landing Process

I submitted all my docs and completed medical in May. I am still waiting for PR. I have now moved to Canada on study permit. I have already requested for my adress change through fax. How do I complete next two steps from here in canada:
1. Passport stamping
2. Landing process

Do I have to go out of Canada for both of them or can I complete them from here in Canada?

Thanks

anyone filed in Nov, 2004

I filed my application in early Nov., 2004, AOR received in March 2005, wonder anyone here with similar situation received IA yet. Checking YOGI, but not much info after June 2005.

thanks in advance for sharing info.