Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi,

I spoke to my attorney yesterday, and she said returning to us within 30days from either Canada or Mexico is ok. But, only if the travel to Canada or Mexico is not for visa revalidation purposes. Here is the excerpt from their website (providing guidance to International Travelers):

Once your nonimmigrant status has been extended, you can obtain a new visa in several ways:
Applying for a new visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate: If you are traveling outside the U.S. you can apply for a new visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy prior to your return. Remember that you must supply the same documentation that you provided for your initial visa. Check the website for the consular post where you are applying for the latest information.

Automatic revalidation of the visa: In some cases, your nonimmigrant visa is considered automatically revalidated. That is, you will be readmitted to the United States without having to obtain a visa stamp in your passport. Automatic revalidation will occur if you have made a short trip of less than 30 days' duration to Mexico or Canada and are applying for readmission to resume nonimmigrant status in the United States. In order for this automatic extension to be valid, you must have maintained nonimmigrant status in the United States and have a Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, showing an unexpired period of initial admission or extension of stay in the United States. The application for readmission to the United States must occur within the authorized period of initial admission or extension of stay as shown on the I-94. In addition, you must have a valid passport. If all of these conditions are met, your visa is considered automatically extended through the date of application for readmission to the United States and you can return from a temporary visit to Canada or Mexico. If you have changed nonimmigrant status while you are in the United States, not only is the visa considered to be extended to the date of application for readmission but it is also considered to be converted to the changed status. Thus, if your visa has expired after your admission to the United States, you can travel to Canada or Mexico and be permitted to reenter the United States on the basis of a valid Form I-94. If you travel to any other country, you must apply at a U.S. consular post outside the U.S. to have your visa stamp revalidated.

There are some exceptions to automatic revalidation. Such revalidation is not available if you are applying for a new visa while traveling to Canada or Mexico; in that case, you must wait for the new visa stamp to be issued. Likewise, automatic revalidation is not available to you if you are a citizen or national of a country that the United States has designated as a state sponsor of terrorism; currently, these countries are Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, though additional countries may be added to this list in the future.

Revalidation by mail: Under prior procedures, foreign nationals holding C, E, H, I L, O or P nonimmigrant visas could apply for domestic visa revalidation in the United States by mail. As of July 16, 2004, however, the U.S. Department of State has ceased to accept most applications for visa revalidation in the United States, though it will continue domestic revalidation services for certain diplomatic and official visas in the A, G, and NATO categories. The visa revalidation program was discontinued because of increased interview requirements for visa applicants and the requirement that visas issued after October 26, 2004 contain biometric identifiers (fingerprints and facial scans). Because the State Department's Revalidation Unit is not equipped to conduct visa interviews or collect the required biometrics, the program has been discontinued. Please note, however, that visa reissuance at a U.S. consular post is still available, but will require you to submit a visa application and make a personal appearance at the consular post for interviewing and fingerprinting.

Last edited by a moderator:
clx-dude , thanks for your detail answer.

can you please send me the link to that site ?

thanks again.

clx-dude said:
I agree with both comments. From what I heard in newspapers in India, processing times for Canada GC will be going up due to the sheer number of applicants who are looking for a backup in the US. File ASAP.

My stats:
Canada
MD: 08/2004; RD: 08/2004; AOR: 10/2004; IA: 04/2005; Medicals Sent 05/2005; Doc Sent: 07/2005

US
EB2, PERM Filed: 06/05; Status: Sponsorship

what do people usually do in case of filing both canada and US GC? one may need to get employer's letter to submit with the app packet for canada gc. my understanding is such letter has to come from supervisor or HR. in any case, aren't there questions from the employer as to why one would do both the processes?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Tusharvk,

Your employment letter can be a generic. I got multiple copies that said I worked for firm X and my duties. I think this should work for both Canada and US GC. I got the letters from my boss. Since I filed the canadian application by myself, there was no need to involve my employer.

Ahalem,

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a link since its an intranet access to the law firm website. Again, you may want to triangulate this information from other sources.

Procedure to get Police Cert from India !!!!

Hi All,

How to get Police Clearance Certificate from India? What kind of forms or application or documents i should send to india? How long will it take to get the same.

Your adivce will be appreciated with high respect.

Thanks
Ed

It will take 40-50 days to get PCC from indian consulate.

Either you can send your ORIGINAL when you request PCC or send photocopies first then wait for 40 days to send your ORIGINAL, this way within a week you can get your ORIGINAL back from the consulate instead of passport lying at consulate for 50 days.

1. Locate from the website of your "eligible" Indian Embassy
2. Fill out "APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES", which would be used for multi purpose, such as Name Change, Change of address & other miscellaneous services on the passport, Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate to mention a few.
3. Check the fee with the consulate. I requested for me and my wife - 60$ (both of our passport issued in chennai, so 20$ each for PCC and 20$ is for Referring this case to chennai branch.)
4. Send a photocopies of your passports along with covering letter saying that "need PCC for canadian immigration" and __$ money order/cashier check
5. wait for 40 days and call them, they will ask you to send your ORIGINAL passport to issue the PCC and stamping in the passport. Also enclose express mail cover from USPS or 15$ money order for the getting your passports back.

Hope this helps...

I had my passport renewed from SFO. I stay in southern california and when they had a visa camp, I went there, gave them the form, 20$ check and passport. After a few hours they gave me my PCC.

My physician sent medical reports on Apr 29 05 and I sent the FBI PCC and other requested documents on June 20 05.

does anyone know when do I hear from Buffalo about the next step?

Thanks
ind

How to get Police Cert from India !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

How to get Police Clearance Certificate from India? What kind of forms or application or documents i should send to india? How long will it take to get the same.

Thanks
Ed

After IA Question

What happens after you get the document to get your medical and FBI check done? Does this essentially mean that the petition is approved and you have met the minimum score? Any info on this would help.
Also how long is the proceedure after reaching this point- I have just sent out for the FBI check and I assume that it will take 6 weeks. What happens after I send this back to buffalo- how much longer will it take? And then, how long do I have before going to Canada?

Thanks for any information.

After you finish your meds etc the timeline varies for anything like 3 months to a year. Dont get me wrong, hope for the best but be ready for the worse.

If your interview is wavied then no need to worry, you will get ur PR, but there is no benchmark for timelines!

most people I see on yogi799.com website for buffalo have a time duration of 1-3 months for people getting it right now, so people from MAR-JUN'05 -MEDS are getting ppr right now seems like....just my two cents

Thanks rupesh,

your very right, yogi799 gives us a picture, I hope our cases too come out like the ones in yogi.
BTW I finished my medicals last week of march 2005.

After IA(Initial Assessment) with interview waiver the background and security checks are initiated. You will get passport request after these checks are complete.

Like Manoo said it can take anywhere from 3 months to well over a year to complete the background and security checks. Therefore all you can do is wait.

Hopefully you will get passport request soon.

Need the current IA date for Buffalo

Hi,

I have got my PR filed in Oct 2004 under skilled worker catergory. I have got AOR towards the end of Feb 2005. I have not received my IA yet.

I was wondering if anyone of you can let me know if anyone with AOR in Feb 2005 have received IA yet or not.

What is the current month AORs that are receiving IA. I have been monitoring yogi799.com daily, but haven't seen any latest updates on that site.

Please help, I am in the last 6 months of my H1-B.

hmulpuru,

as you can see from my signature, my AOR was nov 2004, and my IA was april 2005, if I were to make a guestimate your IA should be on the way in next month or so....

hmulpuru said:
Hi,

I have got my PR filed in Oct 2004 under skilled worker catergory. I have got AOR towards the end of Feb 2005. I have not received my IA yet.

I was wondering if anyone of you can let me know if anyone with AOR in Feb 2005 have received IA yet or not.

What is the current month AORs that are receiving IA. I have been monitoring yogi799.com daily, but haven't seen any latest updates on that site.

Please help, I am in the last 6 months of my H1-B.