Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hello, Buffalo office rcd my application on 8/4. after verifying everything they sent those back to me because i didn't include the written letter about the language skills...

So whoever sending the application, make sure that u include that letter or take a language test and send those results..

I sent it back yesterday with the letter, hope it is fine now...

Applied: Dec'21st, 2003
Receipt: Jan'26th, 2004
IA: Aug' 16th 2004 - Interview waived

CCG has requested to send the following within 60 days.

1. FBI finger prints
2. RPRF
3. Medicals.

They also mentioned that currently it is taking 6 months to validate Finger prints.

It's good to know it's taking them less than eight months to do the Initial Assessment. I sent mine on Tuesday. I am hoping to get it by the end of next year.

ohiostud said:
Applied: Dec'21st, 2003
Receipt: Jan'26th, 2004
IA: Aug' 16th 2004 - Interview waived

CCG has requested to send the following within 60 days.

1. FBI finger prints
2. RPRF
3. Medicals.

They also mentioned that currently it is taking 6 months to validate Finger prints.

Passport with visa and COPR received

Hi all,
Finally received my passport with COPR. Thanks to all for your valuable info provided on this forum.

Applied: May 10, 2003
File number/AOR : July 21, 2003
IELTS exam given and results mailed (>7 in all sections) : December 2003
Initial Assesment with Interview waiver: April 25, 2004
Medicals: May 6,2004
FBI and additional docs mailed : June 8th, 2004
Passport request received: August 16, 2004
Passport Mailed : August 17,2004
Passport received with visa and COPR: August 21, 2004
Visa expiration: May 6,2005. Will plan to land in April 2005.

Well I guess instead of PERM, backlog reduction centers and other BS the US should learn a thing or two from the Canadians on how to process applications efficiently.
Thanks and take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum.
Here's my timeline-

Applied- July 2002
IA- May 2003 (Interview waived and asked for additional documents like updated exp certificates, W2, english proficiency proof etc... Received medical forms also with the letter, but the requirement list was not ticked for medical along with other docs. Hence didn't send it.). Except medical everything else sent in. Didn't take IELTS, instead sent the proof of Englsish proficiency.

Oct 2003- Received another letter asking me to fill out their updated PR application for me and my family members. Sent the forms back in Dec 2003.

No news since then. Faxed a letter for status check in June 2004, but no reply as of yet.

Question- Do we have to send in the Medical once the IA is completed and medical forms recv'd, even though they didn't ask for it?

Also, is there anyone in this forum who sent in a proof of English proficiency instead of taking IELTS, got approved?

Please do reply.

Thanks,
S Mathew
(SM)

I am about to file PR to buffalo. I have two simple questions.

1) I did not take IELTS test. I prefer to submit written statement. The written statement should be a hand written one? or Typed letter will do? How the RPC in buffalo is treating the cases without IELTS test?

2) My minor son is a US citizen. Applying Canada PR will have any impact on his US citizenship? I heared US citizens need not have canada visa to enter Canada. Am I required to include him in my petition?

Hi S_mathew,

The first thing you should do is to order your CAIPS notes. This will let you know what has been happening to your application. Just to go to www.caipsnotes.com and you can pay them to get the notes - the entire procedure is explained on the web site.

I think that you should get your medicals done now. These days people get their medicals done right after their IA so its high time you get it done.

Mncbabu
1) I did not appear in IELTS because I have a Masters degree from a US university but guess what I have been called for an interview. Now I dont know if I am being called just because I did not appear in IELTS but maybe it was one of the factors. I would strongly advise you to appear in IELTS.

2) You are required to include all your dependents in your application irrespective of their citizenship. Canadian immigration application will not effect your son's US citizenship.

Although US citizens can enter Canada for a limited priod without a visa it does not entitle them to stay there for extended period of time.

Finally you found the truth !

Congratulations !

Glad to hear that you found the truth about US processing.

texancanadian said:
Hi all,

Well I guess instead of PERM, backlog reduction centers and other BS the US should learn a thing or two from the Canadians on how to process applications efficiently.
Thanks and take care.

CAIPS Notes

If you have family or friends who are PR or Citizen and living in Canada you can directly obtain CAIPS notes for just Canadian$ 5

Complete the form TBC 350-57 found here
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/dwnld/350-57_e.pdf

For the federal govt institution, write CIC.

Next field provide your immigration file number and mention that you want to obtain CAIPS notes. Complete the rest of the form and along with a $5 money order mail to:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Suzanne Cardinal
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Hi Kenny04,

Thanks very much for your reply. I have relatives in Canada and if I want to obtain the CAIPS through them, then in the application form I should write my address here in USA, right? OR should it be the relative's Canada address?

So, this is what I have to do- fill out the form, send it to the relative in Canada and have him send it to the address you provided along with a money order for candian $5. Is that right?

I also checked the caipsnotes.com site and for applying online it costs US $30.00.

Thanks,
S Mathew
(SM)

Getting CAIPS notes

Hi s_mathew,

1) Fill out the form.
2) Ask your relative to write a cover letter saying that he/she is requesting CAIPS notes on your behalf under the Access to Information act. Ask him to also mention your name, date of birth, file number and visa post (Buffalo) where you applied from in this letter. The CAIPS notes will be sent to your relative and then he/she can send you the information.
3) You relative will have to provide proof of residence in Canada e.g. photocopy of PR card etc.
4) Ask your relative to send money order of C$5 along with the form, cover letter and his proof of residence to the given address.

Your relative should get the notes in 1 month. It is indeed cheaper to get these notes like this.

Thanks jhumkasrc

Thanks
For the last week of so eclient said "Your medical results have been received". Just today it added " A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."
Best of luck.

Congratulations Texancanadian!

You echo my sentiments insofar as the US immigration process is concerned. These guys need to wake up to the reality of global marketplace for talent. Even China, of all places, has gotten into the act by announcing plans for "greencards" to lure skilled professionals. The hubris and condescension that US displays in its treatment of highly-educated and critical-value-adding foreign workers will increasingly be less tolerated in the face of more choices becoming available.

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I sent in my application about a week ago. I just wanted to know what I can expect next. and when I will be able to track some progress online.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Updated Information

Experts;

I had sent me medical to the documents to the consulate in March 2004, the e-client status says that Medicals Recieved and decesion has been made on my application.

I recived letter today saying that I need to provide following three information in next 60 days.

1) FBI police certificate
2) Updated letter of reference
3) Updated funds for myself.

I assume that letter of reference is the letter from employer. What should I include in the letter of reference.

Can I provide recent promotion letter from the employer , as I don't want my employer to know that I have applied for immigration to Canada.

Thanks in Advance
-Pearl

Here is my timelines:
- my medical was done around Mid May.
- All requested document by End of June including the FBI finger print.
- ROLF in first week of August.

Do you know how long it takes to get security clearness done and the PP? ( an average time will be appreciate )

All,

Applied in December 03 to Buffalo. AOR received Jan/Feb 04. Found out today that initial assesment has been done, and interview waived.

Just have to submit additional proof of funds and do medicals now.

Whoa!

You will probably in a month or so get an AOR from Buffalo. Once you get the AOR, then you can start tracking your application progress through the e-Client online.

kothari_rupesh said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I sent in my application about a week ago. I just wanted to know what I can expect next. and when I will be able to track some progress online.

Thanks,
Rupesh