Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Gurus,

I am filing for Canada & need help.
I am in US on H1 from India.

1. For Police clearance. what should I do? Should police clearance be got from India. Also the guide says that if u r in US wait for them to send a request form.

2. In Sche 1 Background information: The education is broken down into primary, secondary/high & college. In India we got to the same school till 12 th grade & then college. How should I distribute the years in the 3 separate boxs.

3. Addtl family information- should only the names be in native language. do you enter english & native lang one below the other in the box?

Thanks Sh_Ad

Updated information

Experts;

I had sent me medical to the documents to the consulate in March 2004, the e-client status says that Medicals Recieved and decesion has been made on my application.

I recived letter today saying that I need to provide following three information in next 60 days.

1) FBI police certificate
2) Updated letter of reference
3) Updated funds for myself.

I assume that letter of reference is the letter from employer. What should I include in the letter of reference.

Can I provide recent promotion letter from the employer , as I don't want my employer to know that I have applied for immigration to Canada.

Thanks in Advance
-Pearl

Sh_Ad said:
Gurus,

I am filing for Canada & need help.
I am in US on H1 from India.

1. For Police clearance. what should I do? Should police clearance be got from India. Also the guide says that if u r in US wait for them to send a request form.

Send the Indian Police Certificate now. They might ask for another updated one later at your initial assessment. I did not send the US. I just did what they told me to do in their guide which is "wait" till they notify me.

2. In Sche 1 Background information: The education is broken down into primary, secondary/high & college. In India we got to the same school till 12 th grade & then college. How should I distribute the years in the 3 separate boxs.

It's actually elementary and high. The third box is for other type of education. I put six and six as I attended only one school.

3. Addtl family information- should only the names be in native language. do you enter english & native lang one below the other in the box?

English

Thanks Sh_Ad

pearl11142002 said:
Experts;

I had sent me medical to the documents to the consulate in March 2004, the e-client status says that Medicals Recieved and decesion has been made on my application.

I recived letter today saying that I need to provide following three information in next 60 days.

1) FBI police certificate
2) Updated letter of reference
3) Updated funds for myself.

I assume that letter of reference is the letter from employer. What should I include in the letter of reference.

Can I provide recent promotion letter from the employer , as I don't want my employer to know that I have applied for immigration to Canada.

Updated letter of experience is sufficient.

Thanks in Advance
-Pearl

Timeline:

Submitted Dec.20th 2003.
Got number Jan. 27th 2004 (around, forgot exact date).
IA done without interview, August 23th 2004. Additional documents requested including employer letter, available fund and medical.

I have a question. I heard of that if the landing paper is issued in Dec 2004, you have to land by the end of year 2004, not half year from Dec 2004. Is it true. Please advise, gurus. Thanks.

A year after the date of your medical.
I have sent my medical, Updated FBI, additional documents and landing fee on August 17th 2004 to Buffolo. No interview required.
How long they usually take to request passport?
Thanks.
-Loton, NY

Thanks Runaway73.
Could you please tell me how to obtain Indian police certificate when one is in US?

Thanks
Sh_Ad

You can get it from any of the Indian Consulates here in US.
It usually takes about a month.

Sh_Ad said:
Thanks Runaway73.
Could you please tell me how to obtain Indian police certificate when one is in US?

Thanks
Sh_Ad

Enter Canada

Applied: February 26, 2003
File number/AOR : May 21, 2003
Initial Assesment with Interview waiver: Feb 28, 2004
Medicals: March 4,2004
FBI and additional docs mailed : April 22nd, 2004
Passport request received: August 31, 2004

I have two questions.

1) My wife is pregnant and she is in India right now (complicated needs bed rest). Once I receive landing papers, can I go to Canada alone and maybe my wife join me after a year. I understand she has only one year from Medicals to come to Canada but can we extend it ? I am at US right now.

2) When should we include our to be newborn baby ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Gc-bwoi - land with wife in Canada before baby is born

Hi Gc-bwoi,

My suggestion to you is to try your level best to land with your wife in Canada before your baby is born. It will save you a lot of trouble. If this is not possible then you should inform CIC that your wife is pregnant and will not be able to travel to Canada. So they will not issue your landing papers now and wait till the baby is born. You will then have to add the baby to your application and get the baby's medical done.

One option for you (if your wife can not travel to Canada) is to land in Canada alone before baby is born(I am asuming you are the principal applicant). Once the baby is born your wife's landing paper's will be void. So now you will have to sponsor your wife and child (Family based sponsorship - it is currently taking 4-6 months on an average for spouse sponsorship)

REMEMBER If you get landing papers and your baby is born before you land in Canada your application will be REJECTED and you will have to apply again.

Hello Vasu

I applied on Jan 9, 04 and got my AOR on Feb 7, 04. So far have not received my IA and my online status shows 'in process.

FAA

vasu_c said:
Anyone applied in Feb/Mar'04 and have received their IA please can you post your details.

Thanks

Online status

When does th online status for our application get updated? I sent my medicals on 15th July, but the status still just says "We began processing your application in Nov'03". Should it not have changed by now to "Medical exam results received"?
Do I need to follow up with the CIC?

Thanks for any inputs!

The Online system is not reliable at all , some times they don't update it for cases even after the PP is done

DOLkemaaki said:
When does th online status for our application get updated? I sent my medicals on 15th July, but the status still just says "We began processing your application in Nov'03". Should it not have changed by now to "Medical exam results received"?
Do I need to follow up with the CIC?

Thanks for any inputs!

Kenny04 said:
Hi Gc-bwoi,

My suggestion to you is to try your level best to land with your wife in Canada before your baby is born. It will save you a lot of trouble. If this is not possible then you should inform CIC that your wife is pregnant and will not be able to travel to Canada. So they will not issue your landing papers now and wait till the baby is born. You will then have to add the baby to your application and get the baby's medical done.

One option for you (if your wife can not travel to Canada) is to land in Canada alone before baby is born(I am asuming you are the principal applicant). Once the baby is born your wife's landing paper's will be void. So now you will have to sponsor your wife and child (Family based sponsorship - it is currently taking 4-6 months on an average for spouse sponsorship)

REMEMBER If you get landing papers and your baby is born before you land in Canada your application will be REJECTED and you will have to apply again.

I agree with what is stated above. It will be illegal if you land without ammending the application. However your applicaiton is not void. You simply have to ammend your application once your baby is born before she lands. If you do not ammend it, you are an illegal alien.

Hope this helps

I am in a similar situation as gc-bwoi. I received my PR visa and is valid till March 2005. I was planning to land in Feb 2005. Now my wife is pregnant. Should I inform CIC? Now I am planning to land by Dec 2004 and come back to US. My child will be born in the US. What shoud I do then to get my child Canadian PR?

Help with application

Hello,

Just a quick question about filling the application. Does it hurt (that is, make the application look bad) if the the NOC codes in the application are different for each job that I attended?

Even though I work in the IT area, I noticed that the NOC codes for the positions I have worked on are different when I read their descriptions.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Stoned!