Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Loton said:
How long does it take to get the FBI report these days? I sent our FBI finger print card four weeks ago, still did not receive anything from them.
Loton,

FBI Fingerprint should get to you in about 5 weeks. At least, that is how much time my FBI fingerprints took.

FAA

Loton,

FBI Fingerprint should get to you in about 5 weeks. At least, that is how much time my FBI fingerprints took.

FAA

Loton said:
How long does it take to get the FBI report these days? I sent our FBI finger print card four weeks ago, still did not receive anything from them.

Mine took6 weeks

No. to call 1-304-625-5590 (to enquire for status)

Visa received

Hey all,
I have received my visa stamped for myself and mywife on Saturday.
My time line:
Application Feb 2003
File # May 2003
Initial Assesment - Feb 2004
Medicals - Mar 2004
FBI etc - June 2004
PP req - 8 July 2004
Visa - 31 July 2004.

I will land sometime next year, as I have H1B till Sep 2006. However I am seriously looking for a job. Canada gave me PR (unlike US) and I want to actually work and pay taxes there.

Good luck to all of you.
-

Lawyer or no Lawyer

Hello,

I had posted a couple of questions to which I received no response. I found some of the answers (regarding the English proficiency) myself, but I still have one question which is very simple:

How many people here hired a lawyer to process their Canadian PR?

It's a simple question, and the answers will help me decide if I should hire one.

Thanks,

Stoned!

Hi Stoned,

I think an overwhelming majority here did it themselves. The process is not that convoluted.

You will find similar feedbacks earlier in this forum.

Medicals - Mar 2004
FBI etc - June 2004
PP req - 2 Aug 2004
Visa -

Lawyer recieved the request today. online still says 'in process'

singh244 said:
Medicals - Mar 2004
FBI etc - June 2004
PP req - 2 Aug 2004
Visa -

Lawyer recieved the request today. online still says 'in process'

Is there any one who has recently applied for Canada PR first and then 485?

Is there any issues if get fingerprinted twice.

Please reply...

Thanks

Ia

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.

I did not got IA yet. One of my frined applied on Dec23rd-2003 also waiting for IA

ashrock11 said:
Kenny04,

I am just 5 days behind you. I am also eagerly waiting for my IA. I have seen people from Jan 04 confirming thier IA.

Katnev,

I think we should be hoping to receive the IA by September coz I don't think Buffalo has started processing Dec '03.
Applied: 9 Jan '04
AOR: 7 Feb '04
IA: Still waiting

FAA

Waiting For long time

Experts;

The online status shows me following message

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received."

How long does it normally take for the CIC to request passport after such message.

Thanks in Advance
-Pearl

Pearl111,

I have been seeing the same message from more than a month now. No passport request so far.......

Got the immigration visa

It’s my turn to do some inputs to this great forum.

Application sent in: 2/5/2003 (Skilled category).
AOR: 2/28/2003
IA: 2/7/2004 (Interview waived)
Medicals sent by Fedex: 3/26/2004
Letter requesting Passports: 6/17/2004
Passports sent by certified mail: 6/24/2004
Passport with visa received: 7/15/2004

I will be glad to answer any questions. Thanks again for all of your helps.

Update to members - Passport Request Received

Applied to Buffalo office - Feb 2003
AOR - Feb 2003
IA - Feb 2004 (interview waived)
Medicals sent - Mar 2004
FBI fingerprints & other docs. sent - Apr 2004
Passport request for visa - Aug 7, 2004

Congrats Gretzky. Best of Luck

What message does e-client currently show for your account ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved a letter form CICS Buffalo waiving the interview and submission of medicals. I did mail the Medicals, Fbi FP reports, ROLF through registered mail and I recieved reciept of notice from buffalo office.

Recently I recieved a letter from Buffalo office saying that they didn't recieve medicals or documents I submitted. But they have already encashed the ROLF cashiers check attached with the documents. So mentioning the facts and copy of the encashed check I sent a letter to them but I didn't recieve any letter or info from Buffalo office. There is no change in online status change like reciept of documents or medicals.

Do I need to apply for FBI FP again. The office where I attended the medicals are saying that they already sent the reports long back and they have the reciept of notice. Any one gone through the same situation please share your experience.

Applied:Feb2003
File Number Rec:May 2003
Interview waivedand Additinal Info:Feb 2004
Additinal info: FBI clearence, current employment verification and Funds submitted in May 2003

Permanent Resident

Applied in Feb 2004 (family class)
Sponsor approved February 16, 2004
Received in Buffalo and file created in March 2004
Application in progress since March 12, 2004

Nothing new

CIC got confused or its really happening like this?

Guys,

I received my file number on Jan 20, 2004. Today I got my initial assessment indicating that my interview will be scheduled in Detriot, MI. I am from Boston area and the nearest consulate for me to give this interview is New york consulate. Why the hell they put me in the list of individual to be interviewd in detriot. Is this a mistake or everybody is getting interview like this? I am just wondering if anything can be done about this?

How long is it taking to be called for an interview at Detriot and New york? Please guide me here to take a decision whether i should write a letter to them to change the venue or not.