Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Fingerprint Question

Hello all,

I have a (dumb) question about FBI fingerprint.

I have folowed the process as mentioned in this forum and recd finger print covers back from FBI.

I have recd 2 separate sealed covers (one for my and one for my wife) in single FEDEX envelop

My question is, Do I have to open the cover and just send cards to Buffalo
OR

do I have to send sealed envelope as is.

Thanks in advance

Re: Fingerprint Question

Originally posted by happy4you
Hello all,

I have folowed the process as mentioned in this forum and recd finger print covers back from FBI.

I have recd 2 separate sealed covers (one for my and one for my wife) in single FEDEX envelop

OR

Thanks in advance

Do Not open the sealed envelope. Send it as is. Immigration officers might not accept unsealed envelopes

happy 4 u

Hey did you sent FED Ex envelope along with cards or FBI sends them by FED EX

Pls reply

Thanks

Re: Fingerprint Question

I submitted the original fingerprints first time after opening the envelopes.

The second time, one of the fingerprints was not scannable due to smudging and FBI returned them without stamping them; asking me to provide a new set. The new set of cards were send back to me in three weeks after verification and stamping.

If you submit the cards back from FBI without checking they are indeed verified and stamped, you may run into the risk of submitting unprocessed fingerprint cards.

The Consular documents mention that you should submit the original fingerprint card(s), but I have not seen anywhere that you should submit them in the sealed envelope.

Originally posted by happy4you
Hello all,

OR

Thanks in advance

Thanks vu2vut.

Though 7860 and your answer doesn't match, I am thinking like you but not sure yet.. If I don't open, how I will know FBI were able to process or not. Anybody else can share the experience.

Hi ashi5.

I would like to share with you (and all that), along with fingerprint I sent return Fedex envelop with marking "pay to receipient" and provided my credit card number. [Standard process]

But when FBI was ready to send me back, lady called me and asked for my FedEx number. she said, they can not accept credit card number. Don't know why she said but it was not a big deal to open FedEx account on net (or even on pone). I did it and called back with my FedEx account number. She crossed my credit card info from return envelop and put my account number.

Thought to share with all.

Thanks

vveerryy important - Good stuff to discuss about LosAngles Interview

Hi Gurus
Mine immigration applied from one lawyer in Montreal.
And my present address is mentioned as California address in the application.
Now the question is , if Buffalo feels i have to be interviewed, my file will be transferred to LosAngels. Am i right ?? Because my present address mentioned in the application is California based.
Losangels center is the one to deal with california state.

As i heard LosAngels is damn slow in setting up interviews and take the decisions , can not we avoid LosAngels center for getting interview.

Actually in my case , my employer is Chicago based , where as i am living in California and mentioned California address as my present address , in Canda Imm Application.
Should i have not put Chicago address. Because , in future if i am supposed to get interview , my file will be transeferred to a Consul center ,under which chicago is covered.So that i can avoid LosANgels center from my path.

Any suggestions at this point.

Or any other factors i am missing , that influence about the center where our interview will be done??

Any suggestions wrt this topic like - "Where we get interview , if we have to get it after assessment . Is it based on the present address we mention in file , Or randomly they send our files to whatver center they like ..."

The discussion on this topic from all people who got their interviews and if they let forum know about their present residence states and their interview places and their experiences , forum will get an idea abt these so called "IINNTTEERRVVIIEEWWSS..."

Is it not good topic to discuss?

Thanks
Kota

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Passport Request...

Decision Made--
Here is the TimeFrame:--

Applied in May 2002.
Number assigned : November 05, 2002.
Medicals done on : November 02, 2003.
Mailed the FBI Clearance/Indian PCC on ec 24th 2003
Received the request to pay ROLF: Jan 21 2004.

Mailed the Cashier checks for ROLF on (by Regular mail): Jan 26 2004

Passport Request received on: February 02 2004.

I have to send the passports within 30 days, with 3 sets of Passport Size photographs.

Thanks you guys for your great Help!!!

Indian Passport validity

I am waiting for the interview at New York consulate once the papers are trf from Buffalo center. My sons indian passports are due for renewal in Aug 04. I am wondering if I need to get it renewed before sending it for stamping or it doesnot matter if I apply for extention (renewal of passport) at a latter date.

mardala,
I guess you better renew your son's passport, otherwise you will be getting visa only until the expiration date on his passport.

I have not heard of any extension been given to someone for entering into canada, once the visa is issued.

Getting renewed passport takes only a day from the consulate.

When points will be awarded??

Hi
Can anybody say when points will eb awarded.
At the time of fileing no

Or

At the time of Assesment.
If it is at teh time of assesment , there is no use to get caips notes before assesment date.

Am i right??

Thanks
Kota

Indian PCC

Hey
MEOW_MEOW

Congrats to you.

I have a question Did they asked you to submit PCC for India or you just did.

I got medical and FBI clearnce request, but they didn't asked for PCC from India

Anyone please advise

Thanks

kota: Not much use in requesting CAIPS now

CAIPS has points only after assesment. No use requesting it only after AOR. Myself and a few others had requested it and it came blank.
Only thing is you can see some data on there like if your name/DOB etc is correct.
Also another useful piece is the Bring forward date. That is the date the officer gets allerted by the system if they havent yet acessed your file.
Thanks

Thanks Ashi5!

They asked me to provide PCC from India with the FBI Request/Medical Exam results. If i remember correct, i know some guys in this forum never provided PCC. So, you don't have to provide it, unless it is asked for. It takes 20-45 days to get it through the Indian Consulate...

One more hurdle is complete.

Friends,

Attended the interview for Canadian Immigration (Skilled worker Category) today at New york.

Everything went well. Here are the timelines.

Applied Initially - May 2002
File Number allocated - November 2002
File transferred from Buffalo to New york - September 2003
Interview letter received from New york - December 2003
Medicals done on - 29th December 2003
Interview held on - 4th February 2004

The lady officer who interviewd us was very nice to us. Asked the following documents from us (Self and wife):

1). Passport of myself and dependents
2). My Master's degree and Statement of marks
3). My Bachelor's degree and Statement of marks
4). Employment verification letter
5). Latest pay-stubs (6 months)
6). Tax returns for last three years
7). My H1 visa (I-797)
8). My wife's degree certificate and transcripts
9). Financial statement to verify the funds

The interview lasted 45 minutes. The officer finally told us that our application has been approved and asked us to send us the ROLF fees and the FBI fingerprinting results.

I have sent the second set of fingrprints to FBI and waiting for the results. As soon as I receive the results I would be sending it along with the ROLF fees.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for providing suggestions and their experiences.

DA

This is the timeline I had

- Applied on June 2002

- Started processing the application on Nov 2002

- Received the interview waived letter and asked for additional documents, FBI finger printing and medicals to be done on OCT 2003

- Done the medicals on OCT 2003

- Got the FBI Results on Nov 2003

- Sent them the documents on Dec 2003

After that I havent heard anything from them.

Initial Assessment Received

I didn't expect to update forum members on my application status this early but I am not complaining. Here's my detailed timeline:

1. Applied - Feb 1, 2003 (self-assessed points = 76)
2. AOR - Feb 25, 2003
3. Address Change Notification - Aug 2003
4. Address Changed on CIC website - Sep 2003
5. IELTS results sent to CIC - Sep 2003 (> 7 in all four modules)
6. Initial Assessment Received at new address - Feb 5, 2004 (letter dated Jan 30, 2004)
- Interview waived
- Advised for medicals within the next 60 days from date of letter (the medicals show old address; will need to inform CIC of the change again)
- Requested the following documents within 90 days from date of letter
i) "Proof of current employment in the form of W2"
ii) "Current statement of funds available to be transferred to Canada, i.e., letter(s) from your financial institution confirming the type(s) and current balance(s) of the account(s) you hold."
iii) Original letters of "no record" for applicant and spouse from USA (Fingerprinting check by FBI)

Hope this is helpful to all. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.