Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Question ? Please help

Dear Pundits !!

today I received a letter from buffalo that my Interview has been waived.

They want me to proceed with following :-

a) FBI finger printing
b) Fill up a background check form
c) Submit W2
d) Submit prrof of funds
e) Submit letter of Employment from current employer stating roles and responsiblity.

The letter also states that to notify Buffalo, if there is a change in family status.

After we applied for Canadina immigration , we were blessed with a precious daughter , born here.

Do I have to add her in the application or just send a fax to Buffalo stating the addition of new family member !!

Looking for some answer !!

Re: Question ? Please help

Originally posted by sankat_mochan
Dear Pundits !!

today I received a letter from buffalo that my Interview has been waived.

They want me to proceed with following :-

a) FBI finger printing
b) Fill up a background check form
c) Submit W2
d) Submit prrof of funds
e) Submit letter of Employment from current employer stating roles and responsiblity.

The letter also states that to notify Buffalo, if there is a change in family status.

After we applied for Canadina immigration , we were blessed with a precious daughter , born here.

Do I have to add her in the application or just send a fax to Buffalo stating the addition of new family member !!

Looking for some answer !!

No matter, even your childern born in america, you have to add into your file (fees is only $110), and have to do medical, once everything pass through, you have to sent her American passport with yours to get it stamped.

Re: Question ? Please help

First Fax about ur baby born. then they will send you some papers and Medical info. Meanwhile you have to apply DOB, SSN, Passport.
then they may ask do it medicals for ur baby. It may take couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it means Buffalo is processing the application with filing dates of Feb 11th 2003

wav that is really good to know and it is kind of fast compare to bullshit USA Green Card

thanks
kota

Gurus , can u pl focus soem light here

Hi Gurus
I have some questions.
Mine immigration applied from one lawyer in Montreal.

And file no has come.

Can u pls educate me on the following questions.

1) How i know about the USA center , that my file is applied.

2) What are the processing times of different processing centers, is there any site to know this info

3) I guess mine applied at Buffalo - anybody know the buffalo processing dates

4) How they do transfer cases from one center to other , when they actually asses the application(AOS).
Is it dependant on our home address or
they just do taht randomly to distribute the load to other processing centers.

Can any one of you pls let us know/educate about tehse things.

Thanks a bunch
kota

My landing experience at Pearson Int Airport

Here is my landing experience at Toronto Pearson International Airport on Decmber 13, 2003. Hope this helps someone thinking of immigrating to Canada permanently. I may have missed some of the things, my apology. Tried to give an exact picture of what I went through for my settlement from USA to Canada. Including importing a my goods and vehicle.

1. Thanks for taking time out to share a very comprehensive and informative immigration experience.
2. Could you also let us know of your timeline?

Originally posted by gretzky

1. Thanks for taking time out to share a very comprehensive and informative immigration experience.
2. Could you also let us know of your timeline?

Applied --> 02/08/02
Received AOR --> 05/22/02
Initial Assesment done --> 08/08/03
Interview Reqd --> N
Medical done --> 08/25/2003
Passport request --> 10/07/2003
Received passport back --> 10/16/2003
Landed --> 12/13/2003

So it means Buffalo is processing the application with filing dates of Feb 11th 2003

wav that is really good to know and it is kind of fast compare to bullshit USA Green Card

thanks
kota

=========================================

I had applied for US green card from New York. Those guys are still processing April 2001 cases LABOr. It may take another 5 year for NEW york to clear the backlog.

It is time to move on guys !!..

Canada seems better that New york

HI ssankat_mochan
Can you pls make sure abt ur applied date and "file no date".
Because one of my friends applied thru lawyer from Newyork and they got their file no on Jan 2nd week.
But they did not hear any thing for Jan 2nd week 2003 "file no date".

Anyway my file no date is Dec 17th - long way to go...
Best of luck for ur canada PR and US GC also ;)

Tahnks
kota

My applied date is true as it can be :-

Applied :- Jan 2003
File Date : Feb 11th, 2003
Letter received requesting additiinal Doc : Jan 19th 2004.

Given 90 days to submit these docs,

Given 60 days to complete the medicals !!

Thanks

Hi tp_99,

Did u get a visa stamp on your passport and when are you planning to land or if you have already completed your landing trip?

Please reply....

Returning Resident Permit

I plan to land at Ottawa and return within a couple of days.

Should I submit a returning resident permit at that time? Or should it be sent after I return to the US?

Thanks,
raokris

Hi,
I finally received my passports stamped today. Here is my final time line

Applied 1/4/2002
AOR 4/14/2002
Initial assessment 3/29/2003

I was asked to do medicals after 6 months and submit FBI, work experience letters within 60 days.
ROLF fees, FBI, work letters received in May 2003

Medicals Aug 2003

I never received the request for passports but luckily I did my caipsnotes ( saved me big time) and sent that to my lawyers. They found out for me that the passport was requested a month back but they never received it. So I sent my passports in jan and they again screwed up and sent it to my old address where I lived a year back!!!. I guess the passpor request too went to the old address and got lost in themail. Luckily for me my old roomate saw the passports with a bunch of magazines and coupons and forwarded it to me. This happened inspite of the address being correct in caipnotes and on Estatus. I cannot imagine how they could send it to an old address , I could have so easily lost the passports.

So now after 2 yrs and a couple of months this process has finally finished. Thanks for everyone on the list for their advice and good luck to all those going through the process.

Thanks