Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

czlayoun said:
Ginnu,

What is i245?
--that is 245(i) those who filed LC before December 30, 2001( may be 2000 i am not sure about the year) 245(i) is used by illegal person if his LC is filed before the above date, he can file employement based I-485, even if he stayed illegal in US.
my I-485 is employment based. I think thre lawyer is basing his misguided opinion on the following statement on Advance parole form:
----that is not related to your case if yourI-485 was filed and you were in status beforeI-485 was recieved by USCIS.
Advance Parole Document - An advance parole document is issued solely to authorize the temporary parole of a person into the United States. The document may be accepted by a transportation company in lieu of a visa as an authorization for the holder to travel to the United States.
An advance parole document is not issued to serve in place of any required passport. Advance parole is an extraordinary measure used sparingly to bring an otherwise inadmissible alien to the United States for a temporary period of time due to a compelling emergency. Advance parole cannot be used to circumvent the normal visa issuing procedures and is not a means to
bypass delays in visa issuance.

Did anybody have any bad experiences with AP in DC or Baltimore airports?
Thanks

Approval letter

We received approval notice last Friday. The Notice also said our green cards have been ordered, and we should receive them in 9-12 months. It is very exciting. It will be you guys' turn next. Good luck.

EB2NIW: Congratulations for the approval.

GlenMD: Good to hear that you got your Interview Letter. GOOD LUCK with your interview.

Hi saurav,

I also got physically transfered the file to baltimore from VSC on oct 10th 2004. So as yours is also in that range. soon you should also be getting.

Thanks
GlenMD

EB2NIW said:
We received approval notice last Friday. The Notice also said our green cards have been ordered, and we should receive them in 9-12 months. It is very exciting. It will be you guys' turn next. Good luck.
===Congrats for your approval.!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

245 i, was for those who file LC before april 30, 2001, and were phisically present in the US in Dicember 20, 2000.

Hi Friends,
Sorry about the delayed arrival... So many good news over the weekend and I missed them...

CONGRATS!!!!!! :):) Lulu001 and EB2NIW
The wait is over, at last...... Rest easy and enjoy the great news....

GlenMD, Wish you the very best for your interview on Apr-08. I am sure it will work out well for you and everyone waiting for their turns.

I and my wife are preparing for our interview on Apr-06-2005. The usual "Butterflies" will be with us till we cross the bridge, I guess... Hope it all works out well.

Best wishes everybody...
V!

Help with 485 Transfer Memo PDF document download

Hi Ginnu,
I was trying to download and view the 485 Transfer Memo that you have referenced. For some strange reason, my Acrobat Reader is complaining about the document being invalid.
Could you post it again please. I am not sure if others have the same problem or if it is just my box. I tried opening some other PDF docs and they open fine. Or if it is available at some other place, could you post the link please.

Thanks for your time and help,
V!

Visit to Baltimore Office today

Guys,

I went to the Baltimore office to ask about the status of my I -485 and EAD. For the I-485, the lady had your typical answers (wait a couple of months for the interview etc..), for the EAD it was a different story. My EAD expires on April 5th. The RD for renewal is Jan 19th therefore the 90 days is April 19th. She did not want to renew it on the spot (You must wait 90 days in spite of all my diplomacy). She said however that I continue to work in between (April 5th and 19th when I can walk in at the local office for renewal), and that the only thing that I need to show the company (since the company is aware of this date mismatch) is the receipt notice of the EAD. She said that I will be ok and will not get in trouble because of it.

I appreciate any thoughts, comments or shared experiences! Thanks

glenmd said:
hi gc4us,

Thanks for your wishes....

click the link below

http://www.immigration-law.com/

and then go for "EB-485 Transfers to Local District Offices and USCIS HQ Guidances"

Best of luck

GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,
Thanks for the patient reply. Fought with this for some time.....
To check if my box had a corrupt reader, requested my friend to check the link. [http://www.immigration-law.com/485 Transfer Guidelines.pdf]
As he was able to view and print, I uninstalled Adobe Reader from my box and installed 7.0. It is very happy now :) :)..

Thanks for your time and good luck again.
Cheers!!
V!

Passport expired at time of interview

Dear Ginnu,

Could you give an opinion about expired passport at the time of interview?
Will it be considered as "showstopper" for getting approval or stamp.
I hope to get interview letter in couple of month,
but by this time my wife passport expire. It is expiring in April.

How important is that for the inteview?

====
485 ND- 04/04/2003
FP2 -09/24/2004
TD - 11/09/04
EAD3 due 07/20/05

EAD renewal when you are transferred

Ginnu or anybody (who may share info)

Ginnu commented once in this forum that EAD renewal is better be done through paperfile rather than through electronic filing (when you are transferred to local office)

Could anybody give any explanation why it can be better ?

I plan to renew my EAD the third time (my case transferred from Vermont to Baltimore Nov 9).

I thought electronically it is one of the most reliable way- you get date of submission immediately.

how can you travel without i-94 and stamp

EB2NIV

Congratulations in your ordeal !!!

Could you explain how can you travel now(before you get your plastic in the mail in 9-12 month) without I-94 and any stamps in the passport ?

Are there any temporary documents that you could get quickly now ?
Or you take the letter that you received and travel with it ?

Problem can be not only for returning back to US but entering and leaving
country of visit.
Many countries (Canada for exmaple) like to know that you can leave
them after you visit and they need some confirmation that you can eneter back to Us. Another complication are airtickets. One-way tickets (back to US) issued frequently with restriction to people with permanet residency...
It is probably not a problem for US authorities to recognize the USCIS
letter at the border as genuine, but what about other side(country of visit) ?

Did they give you some temporary document?
I appreciate your comments

EB2NIW said:

15th_year_in_US said:
Dear Ginnu,

Could you give an opinion about expired passport at the time of interview?
--- they willNOT stamp the passpot if it is expired
Will it be considered as "showstopper" for getting approval or stamp.
I hope to get interview letter in couple of month,
but by this time my wife passport expire. It is expiring in April.
----- better get her passport renewed before she goes for passport stamping or interview
How important is that for the inteview?
----IMP
====
485 ND- 04/04/2003
FP2 -09/24/2004
TD - 11/09/04
EAD3 due 07/20/05

My H1 does not expire until next year. Last time when I went out of the country I came on Advance parole(I had not got my transfer notice until then) My I-94 is now stamped as parolee. Does that invalidate my H1 visa. I read another post that a person who gave up on his H1 and started using EAD went for interview was told that he was out of status because he didn't keep his H1 and was told to leave the country immediately. If that is true is there any way that I can be on H1 again?
Also, I want to file my EAD. Documents needed for paper-filing EAD says that I need my H1 document. Is it necessary to send H1 document if my I-94 shows entered on Advance Parole?

gra said:
My H1 does not expire until next year. Last time when I went out of the country I came on Advance parole(I had not got my transfer notice until then) My I-94 is now stamped as parolee. Does that invalidate my H1 visa. I read another post that a person who gave up on his H1 and started using EAD went for interview was told that he was out of status because he didn't keep his H1 and was told to leave the country immediately. If that is true is there any way that I can be on H1 again?
Also, I want to file my EAD. Documents needed for paper-filing EAD says that I need my H1 document. Is it necessary to send H1 document if my I-94 shows entered on Advance Parole?

H1, AP
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news301.htm
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDnewins.html

http://www.vkblaw.com/news/fivehundredtwentyfive.htm
http://shusterman.com/cronin51600.html
http://www.shusterman.com/h1memo500.html
http://www.shusterman.com/hl-99regs.html

http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/chat0816.html
Chat User : Can one continue to work on H-1 after using advance parole to travel? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : One may not only continue to work on the H1B, but one may also file an extension of the H1B even after having entered on the AP. The problem is that there are no USCIS regulations on the dual intent issues. We only have Legacy INS Memos on this subject from March and May 2000 with the second Memo of May 2000 superseding many sections from the earlier Memo. Generally, a person is allowed to file an H1B extension as long as s/he continues to work for the H1B sponsoring employer even if s/he previously used the EAD or entered on the AP.