Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Couple of questions about Interview Apr-06

Hi Group,
Couple of questions about interview docs

Employer's ability to pay
-----------------------
For the Interview at Baltimore, is it sufficient to take Company's 2004 financial statement or should I get additional documents?

Employment verification letter.
-----------------------------
I worked for my sponsoring company CompanyA from 2000 April to 2002 January. Then joined CompanyB in January-2002.
As CompanyB refused to do my GC, I got my GC filed through CompanyA in Oct-2002.
Effectively, I was not working for my sponsoring company at that time. I was on CompanyB's H1-B.
As CompanyA closed shop in July-2004, I started working for my sponsoring company from Aug-2004.
My employment verification letter should state that I am working for them since Aug-2004, correct?
If there are any questions about my relationship with my sponsoring company, I can state that I was working for them earlier and again from Aug-2004, correct?

Accompanying lawyer.
----------------------
Recent interviewees, what is your opinion about having a lawyer during interview? Helpful/Not-Helpful/Expensive.......

Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers!!!
V!

Last edited by a moderator:
gc4us said:
Hi Group,
Couple of questions about interview docs

Employer's ability to pay
-----------------------
For the Interview at Baltimore, is it sufficient to take Company's 2004 financial statement or should I get additional documents?

=== I asked with my lawyer he told me to take the companies Tax return. He said that is sufficient.

Employment verification letter.
-----------------------------
I worked for my sponsoring company CompanyA from 2000 April to 2002 January. Then joined CompanyB in January-2002.
As CompanyB refused to do my GC, I got my GC filed through CompanyA in Oct-2002.
Effectively, I was not working for my sponsoring company at that time. I was on CompanyB's H1-B.
As CompanyA closed shop in July-2004, I started working for my sponsoring company from Aug-2004.
My employment verification letter should state that I am working for them since Aug-2004, correct?
If there are any questions about my relationship with my sponsoring company, I can state that I was working for them earlier and again from Aug-2004, correct?

Accompanying lawyer.
----------------------
Recent interviewees, what is your opinion about having a lawyer during interview? Helpful/Not-Helpful/Expensive.......

=== I am also thinking of the same and It is really a tough decision. I am also waiting for other's reply.....

Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers!!!
V!

Thanks Ginnu for the reply and the links. I went through the links and just wanted to confirm this. I still have my H1 which is not expired. But I entered on AP. According to what I understood from the links is that I can continue to work on my H1 even though I entered on AP since my H1 is not expired
and so don't need an extension. Is that correct?

gra said:
Thanks Ginnu for the reply and the links. I went through the links and just wanted to confirm this. I still have my H1 which is not expired. But I entered on AP. According to what I understood from the links is that I can continue to work on my H1 even though I entered on AP since my H1 is not expired
--correct, etry on Ap does not invalidate your H1 status, you are on H1 if you dont use EAD
and so don't need an extension. Is that correct?
---- you need to file H1 extension if you are eligible for H1 extension and want to remain on h1 status after the expiry of present H1. you did not post full info about the validity of H1 and cant anwer more

hi All,

While preparing for papers for my interview. In my Birth Certificate(issue by Office of births and deaths, india). I found that my mother's name listed is her maiden's name. Whereas in my Passport and other documents, I have her recent name(after marriage).

By getting an affidavit of birth from my mom. Will that be sufficient??

Please let me know your comments.

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,
I guess you may have given mother's maiden name in 485 form as I recall 485 asks for such data. If so, that is one proof of your mother's maiden name. I guess it might also help if your mother provides an affidavit stating your birth information and also mentioning that the actual certificate has her maiden name. Does she have a marriage certificate where it shows her maiden name and the change of surname from marriage. Such a certificate should also help. Think about these documents and also see what others have to say. GOOD LUCK.

thanks saurav,

It is general affidavit of birth. In that it mentions about my birth date, place and etc.,

My Mom's marriage certificate is not existing.

But when I asked about my attorney, they said the affidavit of birth from my mom is sufficient.

So I was trying to see whether anybody had this experience??

Thanks
GLenmd

GlenMD,
Only Affidavit from your mom may not be enough. I have seen people also arrange a non-availability of birth records certificate along with the affidavit, and additionally they ask for one more proof such as records from church or school certificates. Well, since you already have a birth certificate, the non availability certifcate is ruled out. I guess the affidavit from your mom would supplement your birth certificate where your mom's maiden name is shown. From your note I thought you will be arranging an affidavit from your mom and that is why I thought you could also include a statement from your mom that the actual birth certificate of yours show her maiden name and that is why she is giving the additional affidavit to support that certificate with a clarification that her after marriage name is different. Well, now that you already have the affidavit, and the lawyer says it shuld be enough, it seems you are fine. Also, see if there is anybody who has the real experience on this issue. GOOD LUCK.

glenmd said:
thanks saurav,

It is general affidavit of birth. In that it mentions about my birth date, place and etc.,

My Mom's marriage certificate is not existing.

But when I asked about my attorney, they said the affidavit of birth from my mom is sufficient.

So I was trying to see whether anybody had this experience??

Thanks
GLenmd
Get affidavit from your mother on 10 rupees stamp paper signed before notary or executive magistrate.
It should state that

1 I am real mother of Glenmd, his date of birth is…. And place of birth is…
2 my maiden name before marriage was…
3 I was born at, city, state

4I was married to the real father of Glenmd xyz and after marriage my name was changed to…… and it appears on all the documents.

Lawyer or notary can prepare the affidavit

GlenMD,
Yes, as Ginnu suggested I think you should get an affidavit from your mom giving details as he pointed out. Get the affidavit fedexed/DHL to you. These are small issues but I have heard they are very critical on these.

ginnu and suarav,

Thanks for your response.

I am going to get the affidavit of birth on a stamp paper with all the details as mentioned by Ginnu.

Added to the above there is also a prejury clause.

The above is signed by lawyer. I am going to get them from my parents.

Thanks
GlenMD

One more quetions I had.

As I have invoked AC21, If i am getting the Current salary more than LC salary. Also I have W2 showing the salary for 2004 (which is more than LC Salary). Will that be sufficient proof for EMPLOYER ABILITY TO PAY??

Also I was able to get the Tax returns from my company for 2004.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,
Your company's financial statement/tax return will be the proof for the company's standing and ability to pay. Mere getting higher salary in 2004/2003 does not prove anything about company's ability to pay etc. I do not think there should be a problem if you get higher salary than what is mentioned in LC for AC21 so long you work in the same field and your job descriptions match. You should consult your lawyer for these issues before the interview.

GlenMD,
What happened to your Finger Print Issue. Did you go to the center ask about it if you will need a new one since yours is expiring a few days before the interview.

Hi Saurav,

About the finger print issue, I discussed that with my attorney and he told me not to go the local centre.

He said, if at all they require, they will ask you.....

so I just kept quiet......

I even canceled my infopass appointment also.

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
One more quetions I had.

As I have invoked AC21, If i am getting the Current salary more than LC salary. Also I have W2 showing the salary for 2004 (which is more than LC Salary). Will that be sufficient proof for EMPLOYER ABILITY TO PAY??
----- you dont have problem, they will take the copy of latest 3 pay stubs, 3 years W-2 and will ask for 3 year tax filing
Also I was able to get the Tax returns from my company for 2004.
----- show ONLY what is asked but keep everything with you

Good Luck!!!

thanks Ginnu for your help!!!!

As you said, The same thing was also told from my attorney.

whenever I talk to him. This is the phrase he repeats.....

"SHOW THE DOCUMENTS WHICH YOU WERE ASKED".

When i told him about going to get the voluntary finger printing. He totally declined about that also. Now i dont have the courage to over rule him.....

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi All,

We received our interview letters for interview on 18th April. I have not yet seen all other details and the documents requested. However, I have not received notice for new FP, my last FP is more than two years old. Will ask the forum if I have any questions.

EB2NIW: If you are still visiting this forum I have a question - did you receive a notice for a new fingerprint from Baltimore center along with your interview letter or you went to the center and requested an officer to issue a notice and take an FP. Will appreciate your reply.

485someday: Please update the forum about your experience after your interview. Good luck for your interview tomorrow.

glenmd said:
thanks Ginnu for your help!!!!

As you said, The same thing was also told from my attorney.

whenever I talk to him. This is the phrase he repeats.....

When i told him about going to get the voluntary finger printing. He totally declined about that also. Now i dont have the courage to over rule him.....

Thanks
GlenMD
and
"TELL ONLY WHAT IS ASKED" dont give info what is not asked

good luck saurav,

That is really good to hear that you got the interview letter.

good luck 485someday for your interview.

Thanks
GlenMD