Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

compass said:
gc4us,
about namecheck: you can send e-mail to FBI if you want, not many chances you will get a response before april 6, but it would not hurt...maybe another way would to go to Baltimore and ask them specifically about your namecheck.
When I was there, I did ask them about my namecheck status and they replied that when the file will be pulled out for scheduling interview, only THEN they will look at this. So there is a chance they have this info for you (only one problem you will have to go together with your wife if you want info on her namecheck as well, they will not give her info to you).
I think Baltimore DOES call for interview when namecheck is not completed. A friend of my friend had interview in Baltimore office around Christmas 2004, and she was told her namecheck is pending, and she will be approved only when it will be completed, may take up to one year; she is still waiting.
As to me, I am in the middle of fighting for my namecheck: received FBI response that it is pending since oct 2003, made FOIPA request, received 'no record' response, and mailed a letter to FBI with a copy of this response asking to expedite my namecheck (same for my spouse).

Thanks Compass for your time and response.
As you said, it does not hurt... So i will shoot an email and also send a written request to followup on the Namecheck.
Beyond that, I think we just have to go with the flow for now. I will try to gather the rest of the documents and be prepared.
For those that we don't have control on, offer prayers and hope for the best :)

Thanks,
V!

The interview officer took my I-94 and visa. I have nothing left in my passport. This is why I am very anxious.

ginnu said:
for : gc4us
- For my wife, the Birth place in the latest court document is what was given in the 485 application. At that time we submitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" as we were working on the court approval. I guess, it should not take that long to get it amended in the passport if we visit the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. (Hopefully....)
---------
1 your wife has provided birth place on G325A and I-485 documents as RAMGARH
2 your wife when filed I-1485 sumbitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" and I think on Affidavits your wife provided the birth place as RAMGARH
3 at the time of Interview dont show new Birth certificate if it is NOT asked becase it will confuse the officer and he may delay it and think that earlier you submitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" just show the passport with corrected birthplace name

if the above is true then JUST get the Place of Birth corrected on Passport from Indian embassy DC (for normal passport renewal or after expired passport they give passport next day afternoon) if you have court order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of first class magistrate in India then they will not Endorse the correct place of birth on the existing passport, you have to apply for new Copy of passport and have to submit what is needed for new passport ( DC people are not very nice, be ready for delay of 4-6 days to get new passport copy)
"for Place of birth correction the embasy has below info:

Application for change in date of birth/place of birth is entertained only when it is accompanied by a court order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of first class magistrate in India "

Thanks a lot ginnu.... You make a very valid point. We will save the birth certificate for a stop gap and last measure. It makes sense, because, the files with INS will have the "Affidavit" and "Non-availability". You never know how an officer might react to a "New" (Birth Certificate) document that has come up....
I was thinking that INS would treat "Birth Certificate" as a superseding document over "Affidavit" and "Non-availability".... Doesn't have to be true :(

Also, your first assumption is true..... The "Affidavit of birth", "Non-availability" and "G325A/I-485" all have the same place. It is just the passport that has an old/incorrect place.

I will check the birth certificate to find out who has signed it. I am not sure if it was from a Magistrate Court.... It went through all that and finally was issued by the "local village office" :(
Appreciate your time to get the references from the "Embassy docs", ginnu.....
I know it is almost a "Needle in a haystack" when you goto the Indian Embassy website.....

Thanks everyone for your time and followup help. Wish everyone a speedy approval...

Thanks,
V!

I learned from my attorney that Baltimore has recently introduced a new policy not to stamp the passport on the day of interviw. Under the new procedure, a case cannot be approved until a Quality Assurance is done, and cases are only recommended for approval, rather than approved. These cases are reviewed on a daily basis, and if a recommended case is approvable, one will get an approval notice in the mail within a short time.

EB2NIW: do you know if your security checks (name check etc) were received by the USCIS. I noticed that your last FP was done in Feb 2005, so you had a very little time between finger printing and interview date! Also, did the officer also take your EAD?

gc4us: I am sure you will take school certificates with birth information as additional proof of date of birth, but thought of reminding you anyway.

I asked the interview officer if our security check is done and clear. The officer said they received reports and reports are fine. I did fingerprint 2 weeks before the interview. I was told that FBI only needs 3-4 work days to finish security check.

Thanks EB2NIW. You did not say if the officer has taken your EAD card as well. If so, I guess that is a good sign meaning your approval is on its way for sure. If not, they will ask you to return it on the day of stamping.

3rd EAD Renewal

Guys,

My EAD expires on April 5th. I have applied for renewal on January 11th. Case got transferred on June 19th to Baltimore. I know that you can walk (or schedule an infopass) to the local USCIS office after 90 days if your EAD is still pending. Does anybody know what my options are between April 5th and April 18th (assuming that I don't get this third EAD on time). Do I have to stop working or can I continue working under the assumption that it is pending? I would appreciate learning about anybody's else experiences/ insights.
Thanks

if you working on EAD. You should stop working if you have not received your EAD renewed.

For me, Baltimore office didnt send me the approval notice per se. But they send the EAD interview notice and then I went to baltimore office and got the photos and then i got the EAD renewed.

I dont know now, whether they would give on the same day EAD after 90 days. I am saying this because, for me when i went to enquire about my EAD renewal (even though my wife's EAD was renewed), they didnt give the EAD right away as they sent me the EAD interview notice and then after 2 weeks, I went and got the EAD renewal.

Thanks
GlenMD

Thanks guys for your information. I only have an expired EAD card. I never used EAD to work, I worked on TN visa. The officer only took my I-94, but not the expired EAD.

You no need to wait 90 days for renewal, missing or your 485 at local office, you can go to any time and you will get the new one
and these days you can reauest new EAD from the date of exp. of your exisiting one at the counter where you have receive the card ...not at the time of applying.
I did it few months back...
All the best.

czlayoun said:
Guys,

My EAD expires on April 5th. I have applied for renewal on January 11th. Case got transferred on June 19th to Baltimore. I know that you can walk (or schedule an infopass) to the local USCIS office after 90 days if your EAD is still pending. Does anybody know what my options are between April 5th and April 18th (assuming that I don't get this third EAD on time). Do I have to stop working or can I continue working under the assumption that it is pending? I would appreciate learning about anybody's else experiences/ insights.
Thanks

Good News!!!!!!

ok.. this is the thirt time I write the good news and my super dial up internet erases me everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got our aproval notices last night in the mail!!!!!!!! :)

The notice date is the date of our interview, and it says we are now lawful permanent residents of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

Thank you!, and Good luck to everyone of you!!! :)

Now I'm trying to get this infopass appointment so we can get the passports stamped, but it tells me that there are not information app. available..., do I have to make the app. doring the week?

Last edited by a moderator:
lulu001 said:
Thank you!, and Good luck to everyone of you!!! :)

Now I'm trying to get this infopass appointment so we can get the passports stamped, but it tells me that there are not information app. available..., do I have to make the app. doring the week?
---Congratulations!!!

Go to USCIS main site and try to book Infopass, you will get the date after 2 weeks and keep on trying evening time 7-8 PM

Hi Lulu001,

Congrats for your interview success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck in your future endeavour.

Hi Group,

I and My spouse received our Interview letters on Friday March-11-2005
The interview has been scheduled for Apr-08-2005 (Approx One Month prep time).

Excited and also in interview Fever about getting the documents prepared for the interview.

My interview is at 8:15 AM, whereas my spouse' at 8:45 AM. Both of us have been assigned the same officer and Room 103.

The checklist is a standard document.

Here is the summary:-
Section 1:-
1. Original Appointment Letter
2. Passport and Photo ID
3. Birth Certificate (No embassy-issued docs)
4. I-766 or I-688 [EAD et al]
5. I-94, if any
6. Translator, if required.
7. Final Court Dispositions...... (Arrests et al)
8. Any notices from INS (AP or other travel docs)

Section :2
1. Current Letter of Employment (With employer's telephone and address)
2. Copy of approved Form I-140, with all attachments
3. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package
4. Evidence of employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax returns, financial statements, your W2 forms, and paycheck stubs last 3 issued if applicable..

So Gurus, Please provide your inputs??

1. How does it work..... Will we be allowed to be seated in at the same desk, at the same time or should my wife wait out till I complete mine or....

2. I had done by FP on 12/29/2003. At the time of the interview, I will cross 15 months of FP check.Should I go for Baltimore centre and get the FP request(by Infopass appointment)??

3. please provide your inputs/experiences/observations of the list of documents for AC21 Case?

Thanks
GlenMD
=====================================================
04-01-2000 - PD
12-29-2003 - FP2
03-22-2002 - 485 - ND
12-26-2003 - RFE for EVL received by INS(Filed for AC21).
08-24-2004 - Replied for NOID (After previous employer revoked my I-140).
09-13-2004 - Transfered to baltimore office .
03-11-2005 - Interview Notice.
04-08-2005 - Interview date.
AD ??????

======================================================

Good News!

Congratulations Lulu and good luck GlenMD.
I have to admit that GlenMD case was giving the entire group (if I might speak for everybody else) a lot of concerns around the time it was taken to go to the next step! I for example have been waiting for more than 2 and 1/2 years (I-485 RD is Nov 02, case transferred to Baltimore in Jan 03).

Folks did anybody used AP recently to re-enter the country in Baltimore or DC. My lawyer is arguing with me that in Baltimore they consider the case abandoned if you leave the country (may be he has seen one case where somebody was out of status and they did not allow him back). In spite of all my arguing, showing me literature, telling me that I have already used AP twice (albeit in Texas), he is even telling me that those two trips might impact my case. Any thoughts?

glenmd said:
Hi Lulu001,

Congrats for your interview success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck in your future endeavour.

Hi Group,

I and My spouse received our Interview letters on Friday March-11-2005
The interview has been scheduled for Apr-08-2005 (Approx One Month prep time).

Excited and also in interview Fever about getting the documents prepared for the interview.

My interview is at 8:15 AM, whereas my spouse' at 8:45 AM. Both of us have been assigned the same officer and Room 103.

The checklist is a standard document.

Here is the summary:-
Section 1:-
1. Original Appointment Letter
2. Passport and Photo ID
3. Birth Certificate (No embassy-issued docs)
4. I-766 or I-688 [EAD et al]
5. I-94, if any
6. Translator, if required.
7. Final Court Dispositions...... (Arrests et al)
8. Any notices from INS (AP or other travel docs)

Section :2
1. Current Letter of Employment (With employer's telephone and address)
2. Copy of approved Form I-140, with all attachments
3. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package
4. Evidence of employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax returns, financial statements, your W2 forms, and paycheck stubs last 3 issued if applicable..

So Gurus, Please provide your inputs??

1. How does it work..... Will we be allowed to be seated in at the same desk, at the same time or should my wife wait out till I complete mine or....
----- when you enter hall or room 103 you both will go to Window and give your Interview letters then wait, you both will be called by officer and both will be sitting before him on CHAIRS not on DESK
2. I had done by FP on 12/29/2003. At the time of the interview, I will cross 15 months of FP check.Should I go for Baltimore centre and get the FP request(by Infopass appointment)??
------ If MY FP are going to expire (15 months) on Apr-08-2005 the date of Interview then I will visit Baltimore in next 7-15 days and ask them that I did my FP on date.... and I have Interview for my AOS , do I need to go for FP again...... let the immigration officer explain to me, if they say YES they can give FP notice on the spot so that I will compleate FP 7-10 days Before the Interview date
3. please provide your inputs/experiences/observations of the list of documents for AC21 Case?
--------- when the officer asks the Info on G325A just let him know about your present employer company name and give him new employer letter.

Good Luck!!!

czlayoun said:
Congratulations Lulu and good luck GlenMD.
I have to admit that GlenMD case was giving the entire group (if I might speak for everybody else) a lot of concerns around the time it was taken to go to the next step! I for example have been waiting for more than 2 and 1/2 years (I-485 RD is Nov 02, case transferred to Baltimore in Jan 03).

Folks did anybody used AP recently to re-enter the country in Baltimore or DC. My lawyer is arguing with me that in Baltimore they consider the case abandoned if you leave the country (may be he has seen one case where somebody was out of status and they did not allow him back). In spite of all my arguing, showing me literature, telling me that I have already used AP twice (albeit in Texas), he is even telling me that those two trips might impact my case. Any thoughts?
---- if your case is NOT 245(i) then your Lawyer is giving you wrong Info. if you have valid AP and I-485 pending with service center or with Local USCIS, you can go out and come back if you have Valid AP in hand before you go out of US and AP is valid when you come back .

Follow up question on AP in Baltimore

Ginnu,

What is i245? my I-485 is employment based. I think thre lawyer is basing his misguided opinion on the following statement on Advance parole form:

Advance Parole Document - An advance parole document is issued solely to authorize the temporary parole of a person into the United States. The document may be accepted by a transportation company in lieu of a visa as an authorization for the holder to travel to the United States.
An advance parole document is not issued to serve in place of any required passport. Advance parole is an extraordinary measure used sparingly to bring an otherwise inadmissible alien to the United States for a temporary period of time due to a compelling emergency. Advance parole cannot be used to circumvent the normal visa issuing procedures and is not a means to
bypass delays in visa issuance.

Did anybody have any bad experiences with AP in DC or Baltimore airports?
Thanks