Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi,
I have been to Baltimore center this morning to inquire about my 485 case. I was told that my file is still in a box and awaiting review by an officer. Upon making a remark that many of my friends got transfeered much later than mine but they have received interview letter, the officer told me that it depends on when Baltimore receives the files and not on the date it was transfered to Baltimore from other centers. She told me that they received my files on 12 Oct. although it was transferred from VSC on 28 Aug., and said I should hear from them in six months time from 12th Oct. She also said that if I do not hear from them by the end of April I should contact them again. Now on my earlier visit I was told that they had received my files on 8 Sept, but today the officer gave me another date, 12 Oct. Upon showing the receipt of my last visit where it was noted that my files were received by them on 8 Sept., and not Oct. 12, she did not clarify much but maintained that they received my files on 12 Oct. I guess they may have received more files on my case later again on 12 Oct. in addition to what they received on 8 Sept. One thing, although my attorney has requested to process my 485 under I-140 EB11 (Extra Ordinary Ability Category, approved end of July), I have other approved I-140 under NIW (approved end of June) and EB-Outstanding Reseacher, approved in Aug. May be VSC transfeered all the I-140s and that they may have received them in two lots. Any guess/comments from anybody!!

lulu001, congrats that your interview went well. Good luck for the approval letter and final stamping.

The Officer said if the interview was conducted last year we would have walk out with the stamp, but this year he said is different, it has to go to another unit, our lawyer had warned us about it and said that sometimes the officer gets the aproval right away, but now that happens only everyonce in a while.

transfer track update

I want to update everybody with my case.
I received TD notice (few month ago) dated 11/09/2004.
my wife went to chek her paperworks and was told that they received docs
Nov 30, 2004.

No news from them so far.

Plan to schedule interview through infopass to check presence of my files
(they did not tell it to my wife)

Interview Letter Received....

Hi Group,
Wanted to update "The Group" about the latest in our case status.

NOTE: Apologies for the "Long" narration...

Got "promoted" to the next phase of "Evolution..."
I and My spouse received our Interview letters on saturday March-05-2005 [Checked the mail-box yesterday as we were out-of-town]....
The interview has been scheduled for Apr-06-2005 (Approx One Month prep time). As has been the case with the others who have gone thro this before, the "Fever" is gripping us.

My interview is at 7:45 AM, whereas my spouse' at 8:15 AM. Both of us have been assigned the same officer and Room 103.

So, gurus..... WE NEED YOUR INVALUABLE INPUT AND HELP IN THIS (HOPEFULLY) LAST HURDLE...

How does it work..... Will we be allowed to be seated in at the same desk, at the same time or should my wife wait out till I complete mine or....

The checklist is a standard document. I will be more than happy to attach it here if anyone is interested. [A little bulky.... ~ 8 MB for 2 PDF pages]
Here is the summary:-
Section 1:-
1. Original Appointment Letter
2. Passport and Photo ID
3. Birth Certificate (No embassy-issued docs)
4. I-766 or I-688 [EAD et al]
5. I-94, if any
6. Translator, if required.
7. Final Court Dispositions...... (Arrests et al)
8. Any notices from INS (AP or other travel docs)

Section :2
1. Current Letter of Employment (With employer's telephone and address)
2. Copy of approved Form I-140, with all attachments
3. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package
4. Evidence of employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax returns, financial statements, your W2 forms, and paycheck stubs last 3 issued if applicable..

* ALL DOCS ARE TO BE IN THE ORIGINAL FORM AND ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY. A CERTIFIED TRANSLATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH ALL FOREIGN LANGUAGE DOCS

THE NEXT ONE IS BOTHERING..... :(
* THIS IS A GENERAL CHECKLIST. SINCE EACH CASE IS UNIQUE, DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE NOT LISTED HERE MAY BE REQUIRED BY THE INTERVIEWING OFFICER.

* IF YOU DESIRE TO BE REPRESENTED BY AN ATTORNEY, OR IF YOU NEED AN INTERPRETER, YOU MUST OBTAIN ONE AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH A LIST OF FREE LEGAL SERVICES.

* PURSUANT TO PUBLISHED SERVICE POLICY, YOUR PETITION WILL BE DEEMED ABANDONED AND ACTION THEREON TERMINATED IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR OR RESPOND TO THIS APPOINTMENT REQUEST (0.I.103.2(o)).

QUESTIONS:-
===========
Our medicals were done in May-2003 (approx 2 years now). Have any of you had the Medicals mentioned in their letters. I read in the "Washington Transfer Case" thread that they are not asking for Medical Docs during interviews. Should I care to get the medicals done again?

Based on "silent's" experience, I have a question.
My wife has a different "Place of Birth" in her passport than the one in her "Court Issued Birth certificate". The court document is the most recent and correct one. Would it help if we updated her passport at the Indian embassy [Birth Details Update]?

On the Employment front, I started this GC as a "Future Petition" in Sep 2002, but have been working for the sponsoring employer since Aug-2004. My Labor was filed in Harrisburg, PA, but I am working in Maryland. I would like to clarify if that would cause any issues or if i should have an answer for that.

As per Lulu's recent experience, even if all goes well, we might not get the stamping on the same day... :(

Has anyone in Baltimore come across "FBI Namecheck pending" even after being called for interview?

Any other prep notes from your past experience will be very much appreciated..

Thanks in advance for your time and have a good one,

NOTE: I have updated the Tracker and attached here for reference.

V!

gc4us,
Congratulations with your interview letters!!!
Since I am after you, I am not of much help with preparing..I would rather use your expertise. However I have some info you may consider.
Medicals: I saw several cases (in local centers other than Baltimore but I think should be same here) that if you did submit medicals, you should not have new ones with you. Some people did medicals one more time and the new ones were not needed.
ugathens has interview today at Baltimore, he may get more info for you soon!
Good luck! I hope you will get stamps right there!!

gc4us said:
Hi Group,
Wanted to update "The Group" about the latest in our case status.

NOTE: Apologies for the "Long" narration...

Got "promoted" to the next phase of "Evolution..."
I and My spouse received our Interview letters on saturday March-05-2005 [Checked the mail-box yesterday as we were out-of-town]....
The interview has been scheduled for Apr-06-2005 (Approx One Month prep time). As has been the case with the others who have gone thro this before, the "Fever" is gripping us.

My interview is at 7:45 AM, whereas my spouse' at 8:15 AM. Both of us have been assigned the same officer and Room 103.

So, gurus..... WE NEED YOUR INVALUABLE INPUT AND HELP IN THIS (HOPEFULLY) LAST HURDLE...

How does it work..... Will we be allowed to be seated in at the same desk, at the same time or should my wife wait out till I complete mine or....
------ when you go to window give both the Interview letter then wait, officer will call you and you both will go inside the officer room and both will be sitting before him
The checklist is a standard document. I will be more than happy to attach it here if anyone is interested. [A little bulky.... ~ 8 MB for 2 PDF pages]
Here is the summary:-
Section 1:-
1. Original Appointment Letter
2. Passport and Photo ID ( take your driving licence and your spouse should take her Drving licence or State ID and passports)
3. Birth Certificate (No embassy-issued docs)( take the birth certificates/ affidevits that were submited with I-485
4. I-766 or I-688 [EAD et al] ( take ALL EAD and AP)
5. I-94, if any( take the I-94)
6. Translator, if required.
7. Final Court Dispositions...... (Arrests et al)
8. Any notices from INS (AP or other travel docs)( take the all AP)
** take the marriage certificate and copy
Section :2
1. Current Letter of Employment (With employer's telephone and address)
------ that is very imp
2. Copy of approved Form I-140, with all attachments( they dont ask as they have it attached in file, but if you have take that)
3. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package( they have that in file take if you have copy if not no need)
4. Evidence of employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax returns, financial statements, your W2 forms, and paycheck stubs last 3 issued if applicable..
----------- w-2 for last 3 years, 3-4 recent pay stubs, your last 3 years tax filing or IRS transcripts for last 3 years

*************** make the copy of each document, they will see the orignal and take the copy* ALL DOCS ARE TO BE IN THE ORIGINAL FORM AND ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY. A CERTIFIED TRANSLATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH ALL FOREIGN LANGUAGE DOCS

THE NEXT ONE IS BOTHERING..... :(
* THIS IS A GENERAL CHECKLIST. SINCE EACH CASE IS UNIQUE, DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE NOT LISTED HERE MAY BE REQUIRED BY THE INTERVIEWING OFFICER.

* IF YOU DESIRE TO BE REPRESENTED BY AN ATTORNEY, OR IF YOU NEED AN INTERPRETER, YOU MUST OBTAIN ONE AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH A LIST OF FREE LEGAL SERVICES.

* PURSUANT TO PUBLISHED SERVICE POLICY, YOUR PETITION WILL BE DEEMED ABANDONED AND ACTION THEREON TERMINATED IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR OR RESPOND TO THIS APPOINTMENT REQUEST (0.I.103.2(o)).

QUESTIONS:-
===========
Our medicals were done in May-2003 (approx 2 years now). Have any of you had the Medicals mentioned in their letters. I read in the "Washington Transfer Case" thread that they are not asking for Medical Docs during interviews. Should I care to get the medicals done again?
------------ you dont need medicals to be done again. uscis has memo that extended medicals

********* take the orignal marriage certificate and copy that will be asked
Based on "silent's" experience, I have a question.
My wife has a different "Place of Birth" in her passport than the one in her "Court Issued Birth certificate". The court document is the most recent and correct one. Would it help if we updated her passport at the Indian embassy [Birth Details Update]?
------- try it if you can from embassy/consulate but it may take time, place of birth should be same on birth certificate and passport, what did she submit with I-485??
On the Employment front, I started this GC as a "Future Petition" in Sep 2002, but have been working for the sponsoring employer since Aug-2004. My Labor was filed in Harrisburg, PA, but I am working in Maryland. I would like to clarify if that would cause any issues or if i should have an answer for that.
-----no, take the recent employer letter
As per Lulu's recent experience, even if all goes well, we might not get the stamping on the same day... :(

Has anyone in Baltimore come across "FBI Namecheck pending" even after being called for interview?

Any other prep notes from your past experience will be very much appreciated..
---go to staples, buy a folder and keep documents in folders with orignal and copy then make index so that you know what is where and give ONLY what is asked
Thanks in advance for your time and have a good one,

NOTE: I have updated the Tracker and attached here for reference.

V!
--- good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats gc4us for your interview letter,

That is good to hear.

Also if you dont have the copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package. is that a problem as my Old employer is having them??

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
congrats gc4us for your interview letter,

That is good to hear.

Also if you dont have the copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification Package. is that a problem as my Old employer is having them??
----- they dont ask for LC or I-140 they have it in the file, the document list that they send is general, i have not read any post where the officer asked LC or I-140 at the time of interview
Thanks
GlenMD

gc4us
Congrats for receiving the interview letter. I cannot be much help to you and I guess ginnu's suggestions should help you and others as well. I think you should try to be consistent with the birth place info, and it will be a good idea to ammend the passport accordingly if the court certficate and the data provided in 485 are same. Embassy may just do it in a day or two - you should try that. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks ginnu for your reply.

Anyway, today I went to Baltimore office and got my 4 th ead renewed.

But still the wait is on.....

thanks
GlenMD

advance parole

We went to Hartford INS on monday for applying our advance parole. We got it approved monday itself. But after reaching home we noticed that the parole visa they given us is not in INS watermark seal paper. It is in a ordinary paper, with INS seal on it. will it be a problem? Did anybody else got advance parole from local office?

smt

Thanks a lot for the Rapid Responses - Compass, Ginnu, GlenMD, Saurnav
Thanks for your wishes/greetings. I hope all ends well....

- I have started sorting out all the docs into folders (60% done)
- Will get the IRS Transcripts (800-TAX-1040) and make copies of past W2s/1040s et al.
- I will try to get the LC/140 package from my sponsoring employer, if it does not happen, not to worry, i guess.... based on popular response :)
- For my wife, the Birth place in the latest court document is what was given in the 485 application. At that time we submitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" as we were working on the court approval. I guess, it should not take that long to get it amended in the passport if we visit the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. (Hopefully....)
- As for my employment letter, I got my labor approved from Harrisburg, PA. Should my EVL state the place/state of work or is it just a general offer letter/verification letter?

Do you think it would help if i made any attempts to verify the FBI namecheck status? It might be kinda late to start now. Haven't seen much of our Baltimore friends talk about this. Any idea if Baltimore gets that done before calling for Interview..... (Wishful thinking...:) )

Thanks again for your input and time,
Good luck to all of those waiting for a speedy interview letter and approval.
Cheers!!!
V!.

Any updates from UGAthens...?

name check status before interview

gc4us,
about namecheck: you can send e-mail to FBI if you want, not many chances you will get a response before april 6, but it would not hurt...maybe another way would to go to Baltimore and ask them specifically about your namecheck.
When I was there, I did ask them about my namecheck status and they replied that when the file will be pulled out for scheduling interview, only THEN they will look at this. So there is a chance they have this info for you (only one problem you will have to go together with your wife if you want info on her namecheck as well, they will not give her info to you).
I think Baltimore DOES call for interview when namecheck is not completed. A friend of my friend had interview in Baltimore office around Christmas 2004, and she was told her namecheck is pending, and she will be approved only when it will be completed, may take up to one year; she is still waiting.
As to me, I am in the middle of fighting for my namecheck: received FBI response that it is pending since oct 2003, made FOIPA request, received 'no record' response, and mailed a letter to FBI with a copy of this response asking to expedite my namecheck (same for my spouse).

Hi,

Can anybody please explain what follows the Finger Print and what is the minimum and maximum time to complete the various checks involved. My case is similar to 485someday, last FP was done Dec. 2002 and it is expired. I guess I will receive notice for FP along with the Interview Letter and I am wondering if there will be enough time to get all the checks done before the interview. I can see that typically the interviews are being scheduled within 4-6 weeks at Baltimore. Is there anything I can do at this stage. Will appreciate response on this issue. Thanks.

gc4us said:
Thanks a lot for the Rapid Responses - Compass, Ginnu, GlenMD, Saurnav
Thanks for your wishes/greetings. I hope all ends well....

- I have started sorting out all the docs into folders (60% done)
- Will get the IRS Transcripts (800-TAX-1040) and make copies of past W2s/1040s et al.
- I will try to get the LC/140 package from my sponsoring employer, if it does not happen, not to worry, i guess.... based on popular response :)
- For my wife, the Birth place in the latest court document is what was given in the 485 application. At that time we submitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" as we were working on the court approval. I guess, it should not take that long to get it amended in the passport if we visit the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. (Hopefully....)
- As for my employment letter, I got my labor approved from Harrisburg, PA. Should my EVL state the place/state of work or is it just a general offer letter/verification letter?

=== I think Just EVL letter with your current position, salary and job description should be fine.

Do you think it would help if i made any attempts to verify the FBI namecheck status? It might be kinda late to start now. Haven't seen much of our Baltimore friends talk about this. Any idea if Baltimore gets that done before calling for Interview..... (Wishful thinking...:) )

Thanks again for your input and time,
Good luck to all of those waiting for a speedy interview letter and approval.
Cheers!!!
V!.

Any updates from UGAthens...?

for : gc4us
---------
1 your wife has provided birth place on G325A and I-485 documents as RAMGARH
2 your wife when filed I-1485 sumbitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" and I think on Affidavits your wife provided the birth place as RAMGARH
3 at the time of Interview dont show new Birth certificate if it is NOT asked becase it will confuse the officer and he may delay it and think that earlier you submitted "Affidavit of Birth" and "Non-Availabilty" just show the passport with corrected birthplace name

if the above is true then JUST get the Place of Birth corrected on Passport from Indian embassy DC (for normal passport renewal or after expired passport they give passport next day afternoon) if you have court order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of first class magistrate in India then they will not Endorse the correct place of birth on the existing passport, you have to apply for new Copy of passport and have to submit what is needed for new passport ( DC people are not very nice, be ready for delay of 4-6 days to get new passport copy)
"for Place of birth correction the embasy has below info:

Application for change in date of birth/place of birth is entertained only when it is accompanied by a court order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of first class magistrate in India "

Interview and Approval notice

lulu001,

Have you received your approval notice? I have a same story as yours. My family did interview on March 2, and passed interview. The officer said she recommended to approve our cases, and the office should send us approval notice this week. We did not get passport stamped, either. The officer also took our finger prints and signatures to order green cards. One week has gone since our interview, our approval notices are still in the air. Please update your information when you receive your approval. Thanks.

EB2NIW,
please, share your case details (I-485 RD, TD, when did you receive interview letter),and interview details, it will help others
Thanks!

My I-485 detail:

7-29-04 transfer to Baltimore
1-10-05 Medical exam
2-1-05 Finger print
2-14-05 interview notice
3-2-05 interview
?????? green card

got interviewed on March 8 by Officer D

Hi colleagues,

My family and I just got interviewed at Baltimore on March 8 by officer D. We didn't get our passports stamped because of a little mistake in my medical examination form: the result of HIV test, either positive or negative checkbox, was left to unchecked by the stupid doctor. The immigration officer marked the three rows about HIV test (result line, test method line and examination physican line), asked me to submit the HIV test result back within 3 months. The decision will be made within six months. All due to the fault of the stupid doctor, the fool! I have to wait for another six painful months.

Here is the detailed interview procedure:

The interview was scheduled at 10:15am for me, 10:45am for my wife, 11:15am for my son. We were asked to get there one hour and half early. We arrived at 9:10am, passed x-ray examination, went to room 103, there were already lots of people waiting there. Went to the clerk window first, gave her the three interview appointment letters. She stamped them, signed the time we reached, told us to sit down for waiting for being called.

Be called at 10:25am, our whole family went together. Officer D is a tall black man (>40 years old), his attitude is neither warm nor cold, just normal. After asked us to swear, he asked for our driver licenses, passpords and EADs. He took away the old EADs, returned the newest EAD of my wife's (we were wandering why). Then he opened my case, asked me to take fingerprint and sign (I felt a little bit excitation, guessing might get stamped). After that, asked if I am still holding J-1 visa, I said no. Then asked if I got J-1 waivered, I said yes. He spent around 1 minute to try to find the copy of my J-1 waiver approval receipt. I said I bring the original receipt and its copy with me, but he didn't answer. I don't know if he finally found the copy or not, anyway he didn't ask this question any more. Then asked me if I have a H1B, and where I am working now. I answered this question. He took away my first I-94 (from J-1) but left the rest two (from H1B). Then took my I-485 form, asked my home address, date of birth, wife's name, her birth date, parent's first names, and other 485-related questions. Then asked when I started my new job, he wrote this information in the form of my biographic. I said I changed jobs twice (out of maryland). He answered "but you are still maryland resident, right?" (now I were totally released). Then he asked for the employer letter, the recent 3 month pay stubs and 2003, 2002 years tax returns. He even didn't asked for my w-2s. Finally he took my medical examination form, circled several places, marked three rows about HIV test, said my doctor didn't report the HIV test result, so he cann't make the decision unless he receives the result (I were extremely shocked). I asked if we can get stamped immediately if I hand in the result tomorrow. He said no. He will make the decision within 6 months and asked me to mail in the result. The decision will be made directly, no further interview is needed.

Then he asked my wife to take fingerprint and sign. asked if she has a H4, said yes. Then he took my wife's I-485 form, asked her the same question as he asked me. After that he took my wife's medical examination forms, circled three places. Finally he took out a data sheet, I guess it could be the interview result data sheet, there are several options, I saw him circled the one of "approved". Then for my son, he circled the approved option again. So I guess my wife and my son passed the interview, then I asked if he could stamp my wife and my son's passwords, he said he cann't. They have to wait for my approval.

During the interview, the officer didn't ask me for any other orignal documents except my employment letter, recent 3 month pay stubs, 2003, 2002 years tax return. I gave him the new style photos, the copy of renewal page of my password although he didn't asked for them. The old medical examination is ok, but make sure you haven't the same problem as mine. The officer definitely will check this form.

To my best understand, the officer has already read through my case before my interview, was aware that the medical examination problem, and make the decision that he will not stamp my password. Since at the very begining without checking my medical examination form, he returned our newest EAD (he should take all our EAD and I-94 back if he is going to stamp our passpord). If I guess wrongly, the another possibility is more likely what EB2NIW, lulu001 said, the Baltimore office changes its policy, they won't stamp passpord immediately, even the interview is ok. EB2NIW, lulu001, could you tell us if your newest EAD and I-94 was handed back or not?

This is my whole story. The result is neither the best (get stamped), nor the worst (cases have to be transfered). I mailed the HIV test result yesterday. Just wait for another six months. We are still in the same line.

I was just traveled back to Georgia and was quite busy to deal with the medical examination issue in the pass two days. Sorry for the delay of update.

ugathens

Last edited by a moderator: