Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

ginnu,
thanks for reply! I definitely will ask Murthy office for advice...not sure how extensive though, I learned that just for having your lawyer with you on interview it is $500 or more, plus consulting...
yes, I did receive all approvals (H1 extension for me, two H-4 for spouse) with I-94 cards...got 2 H-1 revalidation stamps in passport..

ginnu,
do you know e-mail address of Aaron F. ? If yes please tell me...on the web there is only one e-mail (general for whole website of Sh. Murthy..)
thanks in advance!

compass said:
ginnu,
do you know e-mail address of Aaron F. ? If yes please tell me...on the web there is only one e-mail (general for whole website of Sh. Murthy..)

----- He is one of the good Attorney with Murthy law office, they will not give his email to you. First you have to contact the murthy law office for consultation(they will charge) and if you want to retain them then you can request that you prefer particular attorney to handle your Interview. it all depends on your case details and accordingly they assign the attorney to your case and they keep the reputation of law office and care about your case and do the best possible for case approval..
thanks in advance!

Thanks ginnu!
do you have any idea how much do they charge for preliminary consultation? I have checked their website, there is no fee list, they just say they have a paid consultation to learn about the case...of course I will ask them but if you have any rough estimate would be great...

compass said:
Thanks ginnu!
do you have any idea how much do they charge for preliminary consultation?
----- you can ask them directly, it seems they may charge between 200-250

I have checked their website, there is no fee list, they just say they have a paid consultation to learn about the case...of course I will ask them but if you have any rough estimate would be great...

AC21 case approved december 9
Went for the interview and got approved today and got stamp in passport, no problems. Will update the details later. You can read my earlier post in this thread for my case.

congrats khilona, That's really good to hear and also it really provides a good hope for AC21 folks

what are the questions they asked at the time of the interview. Can you please post them.

thanks
GlenMD

485 Interview Hell

Why this has to happen 2 me!!!
Filed 140/485 on Sep 22 2003 [VSC] Got 140 Approved in May 04,FP 10/6/04 and now that all the folks who applied with me sooner or later got their 485 approved I have been shoved with a notice [12/6/2004] from BCIS that my case has been transfered to Baltimore!!!!
I am getting paranoid!! Baltimore shows they are serving Jan 2004 applications...Whats gonna happen 2 me...?
Another year of punishement for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Everything is clean with my application no employer change nothing like that

Please advice what should I do.....

ice9,
calm down.. this was also my first reaction to my transfer...
my case is similar, except i filed I-140 in Apr 2002, and I-485 in Sep 2003, so waiting longer than you...also awaiting approval but got transferred...
at least not denied! and see, you may get interview and get approved and stamped even before others still will be waiting at VSC, everything is random..
Baltimore dates Jan 2004 i think are for family based cases and not for employment based transfers..
we could make some tracking like other transferred folks do (Philly-NY-etc..) for our cases...takes time of course...any volunteers?

ice9 said:
Why this has to happen 2 me!!!
Filed 140/485 on Sep 22 2003 [VSC] Got 140 Approved in May 04,FP 10/6/04 and now that all the folks who applied with me sooner or later got their 485 approved I have been shoved with a notice [12/6/2004] from BCIS that my case has been transfered to Baltimore!!!!
I am getting paranoid!! Baltimore shows they are serving Jan 2004 applications...
--that date is for family based
Whats gonna happen 2 me...?
---- what is your PD???
what date LC was filed???
is your case EB3?
did you belong to India China?
if you belong to India, China and case is EB3 and LC was filed BEFORE jan 1 2002, no problem for you if LC was filed AFTER jan 1 2002 and it is EB3 and you were born in India, China then they will keep the I-485 and will not approve it till your PD is current if you dont get Interview date Before Decenber 31, 2004.
Another year of punishement for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---depends on your PD
:(
Everything is clean with my application no employer change nothing like that

Please advice what should I do.....

485 Interview Hell

My Labor was filed in June 2001
140 & 485 Concurrently Filed on Sept 22 2003
140 got approved on May 2004
FP Done on Oct 6 2004
485 transfered to Baltimore on Dec 6 2004
I am in EB2
and yes I am from India

Please advice folks....

ice9 said:
My Labor was filed in June 2001
140 & 485 Concurrently Filed on Sept 22 2003
140 got approved on May 2004
FP Done on Oct 6 2004
485 transfered to Baltimore on Dec 6 2004
I am in EB2
and yes I am from India

Please advice folks....

Is your GC based on future employment?

485 Interview Hell

yes sir! my GC is future employment based and records are clean as far as change of employer etc...

visit to Baltimore office

Hi
My spouse's case (NIW, Jan 2003, I-140 approved in March 2003, yes took 8 weeks!) was tranferred to Baltimore Sept. 15 2004. Eventhough we knew a visit to Baltimore achieves nothing my spouse made an infopass appointment and saw a plumpy grumpy Gori and got zero info except a bit of relief that the file is really at Baltimore! Standard answers were given to all questions, backlogs of six months, apply EAD 3 months before expiry of current and if you need travel document apply for it at the Baltimore office! This was yesterday.
Suddenly this morning for my case which was pending in Vermont because I had applied I-485 along with our daughter 9 months after my spouse, I got email that its approved (I did FP in Oct 2004). Our daughter's case status shows "not available at this time"
What does this mean? UCIS blunder or real approval?
silent

485 Interview

Ginnu/Compass/Gurus
Does anyone know when will I get 485 Interview date scheduled at Baltimore.
LUD is Dec 6 2004
EB2 Category from India

Thanks a lot folks

ice9 said:
Ginnu/Compass/Gurus
Does anyone know when will I get 485 Interview date scheduled at Baltimore.
LUD is Dec 6 2004
EB2 Category from India
----you dont have problem as your case is EB2, you may get interview date in feb/march
Thanks a lot folks

Just came from interview. It was easy. Officer took taxes, I94, and current EAD. All the questions were routine:
1) Name of your parents
2) SSN
3) EVL
4)When and where did you last enter the US
5) All these NO questions regarding polygamy, communist parties etc, etc...
Then the officer asked us to wait in the waiting room. We waited 15 min, and then she came with our passports stamped.
All interviews are very routine. There is the only thing I regret : Being so worried about interview. Please do not worry! Once they transferred the case to the local office, your case is clean (pre-approved). It's very simple.
Good luck!!!

Congratulations Marusia!!

Marusia, congratulations!!!!!!
Did they not ask you if ever arrested...was out of status..? Only questions you listed, thats it?
I am still worrying a lot about interview....how come, if this is a formality and when case transferred means pre-approved...then why they transfer at all, why not approve on site....however I am very happy to hear your opinion on it!!!
Did they say anything when your cards should arrive?
and one more stupid question... where did you park and how much was it?