Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

After 4 months, still not transfered

Hello ! Guys,

I have 3 pending I-485 with Vermont center. On July 9th, the on-line status said our cases have been transfered to Baltimore local office. Until now we haven't got the transfer notices. Today I went to Baltimore office, the officer there told me they didn't receive our documents, the documents still in Vermont center. She suggested me to write a letter to Vermont, I know that doesn't help much, but that's what I can do at this point. In September, I wrote letters to both places, I never got response.

It has been 4 more months, nothing happened. I am so frustrated. I don't know what else I can do.

Could you let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas ? I will appreciate very much , Thanks !

Sunny0516

sunny0516 said:
Hello ! Guys,

I have 3 pending I-485 with Vermont center. On July 9th, the on-line status said our cases have been transfered to Baltimore local office.
-- did you take the print out of online message
Until now we haven't got the transfer notices.
----- did you check with Lawyer who filed your I-485(that has been transfred) becase VSC sends transfer notice to Lawyer who filed that I-485
Today I went to Baltimore office, the officer there told me they didn't receive our documents, the documents still in Vermont center. She suggested me to write a letter to Vermont, I know that doesn't help much, but that's what I can do at this point.
--- send the letter again, write that you visited Baltimore and they dont have recieved the file, attach online print out copy,attach copy of I-485 (that is transfred) also provide your Name, DOB, A# and address, out side the envelope write in big bold letters :I-485 Transfred to Baltimore on date... But Baltimore CIS office says they never recieved the File. send the letter by certified mail.
also write letter to Director VSC with same contents.
also talk to NCSC 1-800 ( they may send inquary)
In September, I wrote letters to both places, I never got response.
--no problem send again 2 letters by certified mail
It has been 4 more months, nothing happened. I am so frustrated. I don't know what else I can do.

Could you let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas ? I will appreciate very much ,
--- what is your zip code??? try to cantact your congressman office with every document and provide them full details of your I-485 EAC#, your A#, DOB, Address and online print out and update what baltimore has told you.
Thanks !

Sunny0516

sunny0516 said:
Hello ! Guys,

I have 3 pending I-485 with Vermont center.
----- what do you mean by 3 I-485 pending? do you mean that one I-485 is pending based on A I-140 and other I-485 is pending on B I-140 and C is pending on.......... did you got I-485 transfred that was filed first???? you were a sure I-485 transfer case for local USCIS

** do you mean one I-485 is through you Sunny and second as dervative through Dharmendra and third I-485 through Bobby :D
On July 9th, the on-line status said our cases have been transfered to Baltimore local office. Until now we haven't got the transfer notices. Today I went to Baltimore office, the officer there told me they didn't receive our documents, the documents still in Vermont center. She suggested me to write a letter to Vermont, I know that doesn't help much, but that's what I can do at this point. In September, I wrote letters to both places, I never got response.

Could you let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas ? I will appreciate very much , Thanks !

Sunny0516

Hello ! Ginnu,

Sorry I didn't make it clear. The three cases are: Myself-applicant, my husband and son-- derivatives. My I-140 ( ND Aug. 2002) was approved in early July 2004. I-485s were filed in Feb. 2004. On July 9th, I got 3 e-mails said that our cases were transfered to Baltimore office. the e-mail regarding my case said that Baltimore office will notify me when they schedule interview.The e-mails regarding My husband and son 's cases are different, said Baltimore will send us a written decision as soon as processing is complete. The on-line status said the same things.

Today I just sent a letter to Vermont. I believe they are not going to respond, then I may send another letter, maybe they will ignore it again.

I wonder whether there are some other ways to get their attentions. Call customer service, they can't tell anything specific; write letters, they just ignore.

What should I do if they keep ignoring me ? Please advice !

Thanks !

Sunny0516

Hello ! Ginnu,

I rushed to reply your second post, didn't move up to check your first one. You already wrote very clearly what I should do in the first one. I do included the printouts of on-line status and copies of I-485. But I didn't include all other details you suggested. I need to re-do it.

Thank you very much for your help !

Sunny0516

sunny0516 said:
Hello ! Ginnu,

I rushed to reply your second post, didn't move up to check your first one. You already wrote very clearly what I should do in the first one. I do included the printouts of on-line status and copies of I-485. But I didn't include all other details you suggested. I need to re-do it.
-----re-do it and provide every info also attach online print out for dervative I-485, so that they send all the I-485 attached. if you have your lawyer let him also send letter to VSC dont forget to attach form G28 if lawyer sends letter
Thank you very much for your help !

Sunny0516

hi guys
for my interview its officer f
they asked on the attached sheet
1. birth certificate
2. marraige certificate
3. evl
4. company tax returns for 2003
5. tax returns
6. interview letter (original)
7. approved i140 (original)
and some originals documents which copies had been submitted at the time
of filing.

i met this guy in my lawyer office
his case was similar to mine case transferred in july
and his interview is one week ahead of me ,i will contact him
afer his interview and post his comments.
one more thing i was with my laywer preparing for the interview
and she had 2 more interview conducted on that day for her clients
by the ins and they were not approved that day because of the name check.
she said name checks is taking lot of time these days.

s41074 my list looks diffrent that you.

I have got my Interview date notice 15 days back from Baltimore and with notice date I got a printed 2 page document that has list of documents to bring for Interview on first page for employment based case is
Documents Required for ALL Interviews:

Your passport
Passport and your identification (state driver license or state ID)
Birth Certificate (it is in big bold letters)
Form –16888 or 1-766, employment authorization card if any
Form I-94 if any
If you do not speak English well bring an Interpreter
Final court disposition relating to all arrests you may have had
Any notices and forms given to you by the immigration services, including Advance parole or other travel evidence.

>>>>> I think the ABOVE is for all the Interview cases

On the backside of page is list it is written: FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED CASES, THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL ITEMS ARE REQUIRED:
1Current letter of employment (with employer’s telephone number and address)
2Copy of approved form I-140 (petition for Alien Worker), with all attachments
3Copy of ETA-750 Labor certification Package
4Evidence of employer’s ability to pay your wages such as employer’s tax returns, financial statements, your W-2forms, and paycheck stubs last 3 issued if applicable

I have my Interview in second week of December and it is AC21 case, my past employer revoked my I-140, I don’t know when he tried to revoke it (I got this info from a friend who works in past employer company) My lawyer (I have MY lawyer) did not got any RFE, NOID from USCIS for my I-485 and I did not sent AC21 letter to USCIS till date that I want to use AC21. I am taking the AC21 letter at the time of Interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
best of luck Khilona,

Can you please tell us when was your case transfered to baltimore from VSC.

Thanks
GlenMD

Got the letter. The same wording as posted by Khilona. The interview scheduled in a month. Good luck to everyone!!!

hi marusia,

can you please provide us more details. when was your case transfered and which officer are you been assigned.

Is your interview date in december??

by seeing the transfers, it is taking around 4 months minimum to get the interview notice. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Please participate in this forum. Not a just a One liner......

glenmd said:
hi marusia,

can you please provide us more details. when was your case transfered
--- I think you can read his Posts in this thread and will know when his case was transfred
and which officer are you been assigned.
----- dont depend upon the officer if it is A or B or D or F, they are changed weekly. A can be C in next week . that is decided one week advance who will be A, B D C E F G H
Is your interview date in december??
--- his list post is on November 29 and he wrote interview is in a month, it means his Interview is in last week of December
by seeing the transfers, it is taking around 4 months minimum to get the interview notice. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Please participate in this forum. Not a just a One liner......

Yesterday I visited Baltimore office and checked how much time it is going to take time to schedule interview. IIO said that it is taking anywhere from 4-5 months to schedule the inteview (Nothing new about though).

Also she anyway said that Baltimore office has received our files in the month of october. So she told us to wait for some more time.

So now again to the waiting game. Now i am thinking whether to contact the local congressmen will really help or not??

I appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks
GlenMD

I would like to join you folks... my case (and my spouse and child) was trasnferred to Baltimore for interview on Dec 2 (received e-mails).
Any of your experience is highly appreciated!
I did not get transfer notice yet (I have no lawyer so it should come to me?)
Should I go there and ask if my files are received, in some time? How long should it take to transfer files.. I see they need 4-5 months for interview sheduling, but is after they receive files..?would they mail me something so I know they received files, or I must figure out myself...
Thanks for input...

compass said:
I would like to join you folks... my case (and my spouse and child) was trasnferred to Baltimore for interview on Dec 2 (received e-mails).

1 you will get Transfer notice from service center in 5-7 days
2 your file will reach Baltimore after 15-20 days of transfer date
3 if you did your Fingerprints 15 months back Baltimore will send you FP notice
4 you may get Interview date letter in feb/march
Any of your experience is highly appreciated!
I did not get transfer notice yet (I have no lawyer so it should come to me?)
---wait for 5-7 days you will get it
Should I go there and ask if my files are received, in some time?
---after 1 month from transfer date, first take Infopass then go
How long should it take to transfer files.. I see they need 4-5 months for interview sheduling, but is after they receive files..?
----- yes after they recieve files
would they mail me something so I know they received files, or I must figure out myself...
----- they will not mail you that they have recieved files, they will only send FP notice(if FP expired or never done) then Interview date notice.
** did you change employer??
* are you working with same employer who filed LC,I-140?
** Most of EB1 and NIW case are transfred to Local USCIS
what is your PD( PD is the date LC was filed or recieved by DOL or if LC not needed I-140 filing date is PD)
Service center??

Thanks for input...

ginnu,
Thanks lot for information!
For several reasons I worry about the interview... I see maybe I must expect it and it is normal and all...but..
I will get infopass one month after I will get transfer notices and go there and check if my files are there...
Yes I did change my employer, BEFORE approval my I-140 and before filing I-485....actually my I-140 (NIW) was denied in CSC (see my signature) and I filed appeal and while it was pending, I moved to Baltimore to get a job in university and file another I-140 from there... meantime my appeal was approved and I-140 was approved, so I stopped thinking abouth other I-140 and filed I-485 to VSC (with a copy of I-140 approved in CSC) since this (VSC) was where I lived and had employment at that time (Sep 2003). I did file I-485 myself (no lawyer) because I was out of money (and still am:))), and I worry if I did anything wrong...unfortunately at that time I did not know of this forum and how great you folks are!
Am not sure what my PD is, probably April 2002 (filing I-140 NIW, I had no LC).
I see I maybe should be transferred just because of NIW? or also employer change (does it matter for NIW?). I also had some status problems before... like my company got H-1 for me in April 2000 and I continued working on J-1 until June 2000, and same for my spouse...maybe it was violation of the status...would I be denied at interview because of that?...

compass said:
ginnu,
Thanks lot for information!
For several reasons I worry about the interview... I see maybe I must expect it and it is normal and all...but..
I will get infopass one month after I will get transfer notices and go there and check if my files are there...

Yes I did change my employer, BEFORE approval my I-140 and before filing I-485....actually my I-140 (NIW) was denied in CSC (see my signature) and I filed appeal and while it was pending, I moved to Baltimore to get a job in university and file another I-140 from there...
-----did you file the second I-140???
meantime my appeal was approved and I-140 was approved, so I stopped thinking abouth other I-140 and filed I-485 to VSC (with a copy of I-140 approved in CSC) since this (VSC) was where I lived and had employment at that time (Sep 2003).
------ that is correct
I did file I-485 myself (no lawyer) because I was out of money (and still am:))), and I worry if I did anything wrong...unfortunately at that time I did not know of this forum and how great you folks are!

----- if you filed I-485 directly and filled up the correct infi on I-485 and G325 then no problem. if any mistake of name, I-94# or SSN3 that can be corrected at the time of Interview becase officer is going to check and ask if the info is correct
Am not sure what my PD is, probably April 2001 (filing I-140 NIW, I had no LC).
-------- you dont have problem of PD as your case is NIW the problem of PD is going to be for those who are EB3 from India, China it may retrogess to 2002 nobody knows the correct month or date only after 15 december all will come to know about PD for EB3
I see I maybe should be transferred just because of NIW?
----- Yes that is the reason
or also employer change (does it matter for NIW?).
----- it does not matter if you have the same job that require NIW, take the letter at the time of interview from new employer
I also had some status problems before... like my company got H-1 for me in April 2000 and I continued working on J-1 until June 2000, and same for my spouse...maybe it was violation of the status...would I be denied at interview because of that?
------- Here is the problem and you need to have very good lawyer, if you filed I-140 before 30 April 2001 It seems lawyer has options for you. hire good lawyer now and update the full case details and let the lawyer prepare documents or arguments at the time of Interview. you need to hire a good lawyer at this time. I can give you refrence of good lawyer, FYI he will not charge less he is very expensive lawyer. where are you located in MD??

ginnu,
thanks a lot for your info, I see from your posts that you are real great expert in both I-485 and H-1 issues! However, your reply made me worrying a lot more...
No, I did not file another I-140, I just filed I-485 based on my (CSC) approved I-140..
I see I may need a lawyer...this is really hard because I am really out of money now.. but of course I do not want to be denied at interview...I was even thinking to do some work for Sheela Murphy's office in exchange for consultation, since they are so close to me...I live and work in Baltimore...
I see the problem with a gap in my H-1 starting date and J-1 end of work which overlap. Of course I did not start worrying about it only now, I worries all the time; I did explain all this (how it happened I got H-1 approved and did NOT know it and did not have any job offer in writing at that time) every time I applied for anything, like for H-1 extension (approved), H-1B revalidation in USA (approved twice), and I-485 application. I think I attached this explanation even to my spouse (+child) EAD applications (approved). In fact, I have a page entitle "visa/status hystory" and it says in details what happened to each of us (me, spouse, child) related to visa/status. Do you think that the fact that things went ok before, does NOT mean it will go smooth on the interview?

compass said:
ginnu,
thanks a lot for your info, I see from your posts that you are real great expert in both I-485 and H-1 issues! However, your reply made me worrying a lot more...
No, I did not file another I-140, I just filed I-485 based on my (CSC) approved I-140..
I see I may need a lawyer...this is really hard because I am really out of money now.. but of course I do not want to be denied at interview...I was even thinking to do some work for Sheela Murphy's office in exchange for consultation, since they are so close to me...I live and work in Baltimore...

------- that is the best option for you, talk to Sheela Murthy and clear everything, write every detail of your case from fisrt entry to US, they have very good attorney Aron F.. who is expert in attending Interviews with Baltimore local USCIS ask that he should go with you at the time of Interview

I see the problem with a gap in my H-1 starting date and J-1 end of work which overlap. Of course I did not start worrying about it only now, I worries all the time; I did explain all this (how it happened I got H-1 approved and did NOT know it and did not have any job offer in writing at that time) every time I applied for anything, like for H-1 extension (approved), H-1B revalidation in USA (approved twice), and I-485 application. I think I attached this explanation even to my spouse (+child) EAD applications (approved). In fact, I have a page entitle "visa/status hystory" and it says in details what happened to each of us (me, spouse, child) related to visa/status. Do you think that the fact that things went ok before, does NOT mean it will go smooth on the interview?
------ I think it will be OK if you later extended H1 after your status problem and H1 was approved and got I-94 also extended