Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Wonderfulboy,
It is agonising to wait for local processing.......
I started my GC as a "Future employment" case and now am working for my GC sponsor. It is almost a month since the online message and email notice was sent..... No [usps] mail so far..

So at this rate, I can be sure, it will take a few months to get the interview notice and then the wait period for the "Date" itself...

Well, on the other hand, there are folks who are waiting this long to get their labor cleared...... So, all is well that ends well...... :)...????

GlenMD....
Could you give more details about your case.... Filing date, 485 date, receipt date, transfer date et al....
Thanks in advance for your input and time...

Good luck to all of us......

gc4us said:
Hi,
My case, along with my wife's, was transferred to Baltimore from VSC on Sep-29-2004. The online status says the usual message....
".....transferred for scheduling interview and .....".

I haven't received any mails [USPS] so far to this effect. My lawyer has received the notice of transfer.
---- only lawyer gets the transfer notice
Going by the responses posted by others, looks like it is going to take a few months before we get an interview call....
------ expect Interview in new year, baltimore was supposed to be good 1 tear back but now they are taking more time
The other interesting development is that the VSC processing has drastically jumped ahead to June-2003.... :)

Not sure if the local processing is better than being at VSC.... :(
---- at this time VSC is better than Baltimore.
RD (485) - Jun-2003
AP - Mar-2004
EAD - May-2004
1st FP - Sep-2004
Transfer to Baltimore Sep-2004.

I shall update here as soon as i get the next notification.

Good luck to all....

Hi all,

whereever we go there is always a backlogged area. Till now we waited in VSC and now it is baltimore center.

I dont know whether contacting the senator or the congress man is going to be of any help.

gc4us
My RD - 03/22/2002
ND - 04/10/2002

TD - 09/14/2004
Interview Date - ??????

let me know if you are requiring more info.

thanks
glenmd

glenmd said:
Hi all,

whereever we go there is always a backlogged area. Till now we waited in VSC and now it is baltimore center.

I dont know whether contacting the senator or the congress man is going to be of any help.

gc4us
My RD - 03/22/2002
ND - 04/10/2002

TD - 09/14/2004
Interview Date - ??????

let me know if you are requiring more info.
------ Many need the Info how much time Baltimore is taking thease days to schedule Interview date? please provide the more info :D
thanks
glenmd

Hi Ginnu,

If i had the information i would provide. But i am sorry i am not able to get the insider information of Baltimore INS. :D ;)

Hi Glenmd and Ginnu,
Thanks for the followup response.....
Just have to go through the process [Waiting....!!].......

Congressman and senator.... Hmmm!!! I am not sure either...

Let us see what comes out of the visit by "s40174" in a different thread [http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143386]

One other query...... hope this is not throwing a wrench into the wheel...

Good luck to all of us...
-V

gc4us said:
Hi Glenmd and Ginnu,
Thanks for the followup response.....
Just have to go through the process [Waiting....!!].......

Congressman and senator.... Hmmm!!! I am not sure either...

Let us see what comes out of the visit by "s40174" in a different thread [http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143386]

One other query...... hope this is not throwing a wrench into the wheel...

Good luck to all of us...
-V
------- I just cant understand why someone started other thread for Baltimore????? Becase this thread has lot of info from past experiences.

reding in other thread poster was replied by Baltimore that interview letter MAY be sent in 60-90 days. it is not true, one should expect 6-8 months time for Interview, I supect some officers who were conducting Interviews are assigned diffrent duty. Now All should get help from Senator and congressman that can only make a diffrence for processing in Baltimore, those who got file transfred should contact senator or congressman offices

hi ginnu/All

Contacting senator Mikulski office is of little use. So dont try them.

It is waste of time.

If we want to contact, then we should contact the local congressman.

Thanks
Glenmd

FYI the priority dates for India EB3 are expected to retrogress to 2002 if LC was filed later than the date (read next visa bulletin that may be available shortly) then I-485 will not be touched till PD becomes current. Contact your congressman immediately so that you get your interview before EB3 PD retrogresses.
LC filed after 2002 in EB3= problems for immediate I-485 approval, but will get EAD, AP if I-485 is filed
LC filed before 2002 in EB3= not a problem for I-485 approval at this time

*** A lawyer who got info from Washington DOS posted the above info.

Last edited by a moderator:
10/30/2004: Anticipated EB Priority Date Retrogression, AC-21, and Survivability

In about two weeks or so, the immigrant community will see the January 2005 Visa Bulletin. According to the State Department prediction, some categories of employment-based cases may see retrogression of visa numbers. In most likelihood, the potential candidates are China and India and EB-3 rather than EB-2 or EB-1. It is anybody's guess at this time when it comes to a question "how steep the number may move backward."
The old timers may remember that the oversubscription of the employment-based visa numbers was the norm rather than exception in old days. In this regard, the current immigrants in this country in fact enjoyed heiday in that the visa numbers have been "current" in all employment-based categories. Here we will look at the impact of retrogression on the immigrants.
In old days, no matter how long it took, the alien had to keep the employment with the sponsoring employer or otherwise they lost the opportunity to adjust status to a lawful permanent resident. Things have changed since then. Now, we have AC-21 that allows the alien to change employment after 180 days of I-485 filing and the aliens have a better chance to survive while awaiting the visa numbers and approval of I-485. That much, the immigrants of today are luckier than the old immigrants.
However, don't jump yet! Here are the bad parts. Currently, I-485 applicants cannot change employment unless the I-140 is "first approved." Accordingly, not every I-485 waiter will have a luck to survive. Worse yet, there is a pontential policy that will come into play once the visa number becomes unavailable - a policy of not adjudicating I-140 petitions for those cases for which visa numbers are not available. Indeed, the legacy INS adopted such policy in old days. Even now, in the family-based immigrant petitions (I-130), the USCIS adopts exactly this policy in that the Service Centers do not process I-130 immigrant petitions until the visa numbers become available. Such policy is justified in that it will be effective use of given resources to adjudicate the petitions for those whose I-485 can also be adjudicated because the visa number is available. On the other hand, arguably, the resources are allocated for wrong cases if the USCIS adjudicates I-140 petitions for which visa numbers are not available and even if the I-140 is approved, the alien will not be able to get his/her I-485 adjudicated for a long time until the visa number becomes available for him or her. Thus, should this policy be revived by the USCIS, the immigrants of the retrogressed categories will indeed witness a nightmare. If visa number is not available, it is likely under this policy that the USCIS will not adjudicate I-140, no matter whether it is filed independently or concurrently with I-485. Since I-140 will not be adjudicated until the visa number becomes available, the aliens may not be able to change employment even if they file a concurrent I-140/I-485 package. Depending on how long it will take to reach the numbers, the system will produce a plenty of I-485 filer victimes who may not be able to survive the test of the times unless the economy really turns around and there will be plenty of jobs for everyone. In this regard, retrogression means more than "just waiting."
Who will be real winners? The real winners are three groups: One is the group who have attained the approval of I-140 petitions when his/her I-485 application is tolled because of the retrogression in that the people in this group can change employment and survive while his/her visa number becomes current in the Visa Bulletin. The second group is those who happen to have earlier priority date because of the terrible pains they have endured for the past several years. There are a huge number of people who have been waiting and waiting "for years" to get the labor certification applications. The pain must have been unbearable. But these people will be rewarded for their past suffering. The DOL has decided to process 300,000-some backlog cases in the order of First In First Out, and longer they had waited, sooner they will see the labor certification applications be adjudicated. Besides, since their priority dates (labor certification application filing dates) go back several years, even if the visa numbers move backward, they may not be caught up by the "visa cut off date" unless the Visa Bulletin moves backward many many years. From here on, it is extremely important that they may not want to abandon the pending labor certification cases to go for a new labor certification application or substitution route since they will lose the old priority date. The third group is those who are not caught up with the visa number unavailability. Most of the nationals other than the oversubscribed nations will be benefited from the retrogression in that should the USCIS decides to adjudicate I-140 petitions and I-485 applications for whom visa numbers are available, more resources will become available within the Service Centers to adjudicate their cases and they will be able to get approval of I-140 and I-485 sooner than expected, assuming that the USCIS indeed decides not to adjudicate I-140 petitions for those whose priority dates are not available. INDEED, LIFE IS A GAMBLE!!

Hi s41074

Your news is somthing good which we are expecting. Anyway your application was transfered on Aug 16th. So hopefully we should get the interview letter as we are around 3 weeks later than you.

Please post the details in the same thread. It would be really great to see this.

Thanks
GlenMD

s41074

Can you please provide the details of your interview letter, if you dont mind.

thanks'
Glenmd

glenmd said:
s41074

Can you please provide the details of your interview letter, if you dont mind.

thanks'
Glenmd

----- I just got PM from someone, his file was transfred to Baltimore in march 2004 from NSC and got his Interview date notice on October 29 and his Interview date is December 15. hope that helps.

Thanks s41074

So that means your interview date is on end of november, that means it is good that Baltimore is taking only 1 month from the interview letter for interview date. That is good.

But can you also post what they are looking for the in documents checklist.

Also did you get the interview letter or did your attorney got the interview letter??

Thanks ginnu for the information. it is really nice of you to keep this thread alive.

Thanks
Glenmd

s41074 said:
hey guys
notice date is oct 26
id date is end of nov

-------who is your Interview officer A, B C D or E ( it is written on your Interview date letter)
there is a interview check list
---- it is print out for all family based and employement based cases, you need to take what is related to your case and dont forget to take extra documents.
Good Luck!!
thanks

Glenmd,
I have no updates. I went to Baltimore office. It was useless. They checked all our files are there. They told me that mostlikely I 'll get the letter in December-January. I'll update the forum as soon as I get the news from Baltimore.

As I asked some one earlier from a person who got Interview date notice for the officer if his/ her officer is A B C D E, from one of good attorney in Baltimore the info is that
“ On each week interview officers are changed who conduct Interview A can become B and B can be E they are sifted every week. So don’t go by any experience posted by some one if he attended interview and say B is good, when you go the B can be new officer not the same officer who conducted the interview in last week as B