Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi marusia,

I am thinking of visiting baltimore office and asking them whether they have received the file.

I dont know whether that is good or not?? as some IIO may not like that.

Thanks
GlenMd

glenmd said:
Hi marusia,

I am thinking of visiting baltimore office and asking them whether they have received the file.
----- Nothing wrong in that, I dont know if they still allow walk in or you have to take appoinment through Infopass
I dont know whether that is good or not?? as some IIO may not like that.
--- what is bad in asking update of your case? IIO likes or not you have the right to ask the update, Immigration officers are getting jobs becase of immigrants, no immigration , no immigration officer job
Thanks
GlenMd

A question to I-485 interview pending folks:

Should I or my lawyer or both receive the interview scheduling letter? Does online status update accordingly?

Thanks

GlenMD,
There is no harm in going to Baltimore in person in order to enquire about your case. I read that few people (lucky ones) got the interview letter soon after their visit. I know one family who even got their passports stamped while they were in Baltimore office checking on AP for their daughter, which was delayed. But this happened 1.5 years ago and it's very uncommon. It's totally depends on the officer.
You have to schedule an appointment through InfoPass.
Also, you may excuse yourself saying that you did not receive actual transfer paper for your dependent, and just checking if they got her file.
I noticed that the people in Baltimore tend to be understanding.
So, do not worry. If you feel you like to check on your case you certainly can do this.

Hi Marusia,

Thanks a lot for your support.

I took Infopass appointment for me and for my wife on Tuesday morning. I will be checking about my case.

I will keep you updated of what happened on Tuesday.

Take care
Glenmd

HongZ said:
A question to I-485 interview pending folks:
----I dont have I-485 or any petition pending but you can read my post
Should I or my lawyer or both receive the interview scheduling letter?
--YES
Does online status update accordingly?
--NO, once I-485 is transfred to local offoce no update online status.
Good Luck!!
Thanks

Feedback level of 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

Hi all,

Just wanted to update in the forum, that I went to baltimore office and met with the immigration officer and the following conversation is as follows:-

Question 1. My case has been transfered on Sept 12 2004, can you tell me how much time it takes to get the interview letter?

IIO:- She checked in her computer and found that after 15 days, still they have not received the application from VSC. Normally she said that local office will get the files in an increment of 100 files in a box. So once the 100 files are filled VSC is going to mail them to Local INS office.

Question 2:- I asked then how much time it will take time to get the file transfered to local office?

IIO:- she replied from 15 days to 1 month.

Question 3:- From there how many months to get the interview scheduled.

IIO:- In Baltimore office, till oct mid week, everything is booked, so it should be after that and she told that only 4 out of 7 officers are working on interview cases. So she forecasted around Nov to jan as the time to get the interview.

Question 4:- I asked her the reason for transfer.

IIO:- she told it is hard to tell..................

I dont know whether the above conversation is helpful for anybody.

My case was transfered on sept 12 2004, still waiting.

Thanks
GlenMD

hi glenmd.

how did you went to baltimore office and met the officer within very short time after your case is transferred ? Through infopass appointment? My case has been transferred to arlington, VA office (washington dc office) on 23rd september 2004 i am trying to take infopass appointment from that point. I went last friday i.e. 24th to office but only could speak to the person who submit forms (cannot go beyond that point without infopass appointment). They said u better talk through infopass appointment to officer.

Your conversation is definitely helpful.

Yes, It is through Infopass appointment. while taking appointment through infopass. There are 2 options. In that you have to select the option of - Speaking to IIO. Then I had taken the following documents.

1. I -485 Original notices.
2. Printout of status of I-485.
3. Letter from VSC about the transfer to local office.

The officer was very helpful in talking to me. Again she didnt go more specific to the case.

Also I had doubt regarding my AP parole which was pending, she said that if i didnt receive any developments for AP, she said that I can get the AP from local office.

It was good conversation. Hope the above helps.

thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD,
Thanks for updating us. It's indeed very valuable information.
Friend of mine just got GC after interview in Baltimore. This family based case was transferred in March 04 with PD 1998. The interview letter was received in June with interview scheduled in 3 weeks. The whole process was 4 months. Hope we all get our interview letters in this time frame.

Glenmd:
Thanks for posting your expierence. I found it to be valuable info. More than that it gives me some patience to wait another 4-6 months. My case was transferered on Sep 13th, 2004 from CSC.
485someday

Hi all / Ginnu,

Yesterday my AP got approved and I was thinking that the AP may also be tranfered to Baltimore office as my I-485 application is transfered.

But yesterday night, I check the online and it said that AP has been approved after replying RFE for AP.

Is this a good sign for my I-485 Case (As my case is AC21 and my previous employer try to revoke my I-140 and INS had issued NOID and replied to NOID) ??

Or AP Approval is not related to I - 485 Sucess??

Can anyone / Ginnu, please provide your inputs.

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
Hi all / Ginnu,
----- first let me thank you for the upgate on Baltimore after your visit
Yesterday my AP got approved and I was thinking that the AP may also be tranfered to Baltimore office as my I-485 application is transfered.
----- I think the lady at Baltimore was correct as she said still your file is not recieved in Baltimore and I think the file was with them and they approved AP
But yesterday night, I check the online and it said that AP has been approved after replying RFE for AP.
-- that is good for you becase after file transfer one needs to apply AP EAD with local office where file gets transfred
Is this a good sign for my I-485 Case (As my case is AC21 and my previous employer try to revoke my I-140 and INS had issued NOID and replied to NOID) ??
---- it is good sign becase they think your I-485 is valid, what was the reason for NOID?????
Or AP Approval is not related to I - 485 Sucess??
---AP is based on Pending I-485

Can anyone / Ginnu, please provide your inputs.
----- I dont know the reason for NOID if you feel post the details
Thanks
GlenMD

The NOID was due to I-140 being revoked from my old employer. In response to the NOID, USCIS had asked for 3 months paystubs, EVL and AC21 letter from me.

I replied to them and they transfered the case to baltimore office.

Basically i had applied to AP even before getting NOID.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
The NOID was due to I-140 being revoked from my old employer.
--- if he did revoke after I-485 pending more than 180 days then you are safe
In response to the NOID, USCIS had asked for 3 months paystubs, EVL and AC21 letter from me.
------ it means no problem, USCIS has not revoked the I-140 and you may be eligible to use AC21 that is why they asked new EVL and recent pay stubs and AC21 letter
I replied to them and they transfered the case to baltimore office.
----- did they transfer the file after you sent reply to NOID?? how many days after they recieved NOID they transfred??
Basically i had applied to AP even before getting NOID.
--- That is OK and I dont see any problem for your case, as you talked to Baltimore about Interview date and they informed you that they are booked toll second week of Oct and only 3 officers working on interview I expect the Interview date to be after 3-4 months unless they add more officers for Interview and when you go for Interview take Front side photographs with you even if they dont mention in Interview letter. recently one person whent for Interview at local office NJ and was asked for front side 2 photographs

Good Luck!!!
GlenMD

Thanks ginnu for your response. it is really good to have your response

When I left my previous employer on Dec 2003, He had threatened that he would inform USCIS that I had forged by sending the EVL. At that time, I was thinking that he was just threatening, but after he has try to revoke my I-140 by writing the letter to USCIS, now I am afraid that he might have accused me of forging in the letter which he has sent to USCIS. If that is the case, I had following questions: -

1. Is it very serious implications to my case?
2. At the time of interview, Can we prove that my previous employer was wrongly accusing?
3. If we want to prove wrong, if we show all the pay stubs from the day of joining of the new employer. Is that going to be sufficient?
4. Can we get to know what letter he has sent to USCIS?