Atlanta Local Office Processing

hinket04 said:
Can anyone please give me an idea as how long will it take. I am a concurrent filer.

My online status is as follows:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Hinket04,

Within 6-8 months Atlanta office has cleared more the 18 months of backlog. Based on current processing date of Dec 2002 your case is still behind 20 months. But if ATL office keeps same pace then someone will work on your case between 6-8 months.

RSK1 said:
The reason I took the EVL from company A , in case she would have asked that whether still I have a offer from Company A. Filing paper of 140 had clearly mentioned that emloyment offer is applicable after GC approval.
Hope this will help you.
I have the same concerns. It looks like none of us officially used AC21 as we all left original petitioner before 140 was approved. This is my worry. Unlike you guys, it looks like I won't be able to get an EVL from the original petitioner like I thought. I think they can still deny the 485 based on fraudulent 140 filing (as I have no proof original petitioner had intent to hire at the instant of 140 approval).

Thanks very much RSK1 for sharing your thoughts, I hope I will get opinions from others also as they get time.

On other note RSK1, did you give any separate AC-21 letter other than EVL.

maybesomeday...
Mostly the law is in favor of you, when you will give EVL from current employer then you are showing the intent of AC-21, if they have given you GC within 6 months of filing, then what. I think as long as you get EVL from any employer with similar job responsibilities you should be fine. For me nothing has changed, the client of my sponsoring employer hired me full time, so I ended up doing the same job I was doing for my sponsoring employer.

hinket04 -- You may get interview anytime and if your labor was filed after 1/1/2002 in EB3 and you are from China/India/Phillipines then it may take time as they will wait for
PD to be current. Otherwise in a month's time you can schedule appointment with Atlanta office and go there.

PremChopra said:
On other note RSK1, did you give any separate AC-21 letter other than EVL.
undefined

NO. I think that's not required. But I took a letter with me.

Just to share with you guys, I got an email from FBI that my Name Check was cleared on March 7th, 2003. I got a reply today, for email I sent on 15th October, 2004.

I meant 2004, you are right.

Last edited by a moderator:
PremChopra said:
Just to share with you guys, I got an email from FBI that my Name Check was cleared on March 7th, 2003. I got a reply today, for email I sent on 15th October, 2003.

PremChopra, ..15th Oct 2003, or 2004?

Atlanta Transfer

My case has been transfer to Atlanta after approval of my I-140 on May 2004. I went to Atl office on first week of Dec 2004 to find out status of file, and (Rm111) lady said they were working on July 2002 filling. Also, she mentioned my file just arrived at Atl office on September. It tooks more than 4 months to get Atlanta from TX. When I asked her why it took that long to get here, she has no answered. She just let me fill out status inquiry form.
I did my finger print on Sept 2003, so I asked her about expiration of finger print then she said some time on February 2005. I thought it will expired within 15 months?????.
Looks like, still I have to wait long period of time, so do I need another finger print?

Attn: Prem Chopra,
What is the email Add for FBI to find out about Name Check? please.

RD 07/08/2003 concurrent(245i)
PD 2001

Tahachal:
The email address for FBI name check is : FBINNCP Email [FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov]

I don't if I am lucky in getting the interview or something, in my case it said "Date of Receipt : 05/11/2005" and same day they scheduled an interview.

PremChopra said:
Tahachal:
The email address for FBI name check is : FBINNCP Email [FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov]

I don't if I am lucky in getting the interview or something, in my case it said "Date of Receipt : 05/11/2005" and same day they scheduled an interview.

Prem Ji,
Thanks for the address for FBI. Actually, I could not get it last two lines on your message " I don't if I am lucky in getting the interview or something, in my case it said "Date of Receipt : 05/11/2005" and same day they scheduled an interview".

Currently, Atl office is processing Dec 20, 2002, and your RD was Dec 12,2002. Are they go by RD or ND?

Tahachal said:
Currently, Atl office is processing Dec 20, 2002, and your RD was Dec 12,2002. Are they go by RD or ND?
Wow, I thought Phoenix was the worst (Feb 2003) but you just made me feel at least I'm not alone. They seem to be processing about 2months of cases for every month of time.

Tahachal,
RD for my case is 23rd December and the interview notice I received said:
"Receipt date - 11th January, 2005"
"Notice date - 11th January, 2005"
From this I am assuming that they received my file in Atlanta on 11th January and same day they scheduled an interview for me.

Interview

PremChopra said:
Tahachal,
RD for my case is 23rd December and the interview notice I received said:
"Receipt date - 11th January, 2005"
"Notice date - 11th January, 2005"
From this I am assuming that they received my file in Atlanta on 11th January and same day they scheduled an interview for me.

Prem Ji,
When is your Interview date? When did you get Interview Notice?

Prem .. GOOD LUCK

Prem,

I think your interview is scheduled for today. Donot forget to share your exp.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the good luck RSK, interview is scheduled for 15th Feb
and Tahachal, I got interview letters around 14th Jan. I haven't asksed my share of questions yet.

When I start getting crazy with questions, would let you know.

FEB6361 and GreenCard0001, please share you experiences with officer H
Thanks

atlanta interview feb 9th

have an interview scheduled on feb9 at the atlanta office. here is my case in a nutshell.
transferred from nebraska.i have an arrest record(driving on a suspended licence). licence had been suspended as it was assumed that i did not pay an earlier traffic ticket and i was not aware of it. in court they reduced it to an invalid license(for out of state licence) charge after i produced the receipt of having paid the ealier ticket.i have certified court documents of the same. had an earlier RFE on the same and my lawyer replied with a letter and the court documents.
also did an ac21 after a year of 485.still work for the same company. i have all required documents excluding the I94(lost) for which i have applied for a replacment.have application receipt

do u guys think i need a lawyer?my lawyer is from NJERSEY and hence will need to hire a local lawyer.money is not the issue.just think that i can explain my case.what do u guys think?

fresh72

I think taking your lawyer with you would have only one effect that the USCIS officer will take things very seriously as he would know that one person in front of him knows the law very well.

Otherwise I think if you have proper documentation it won't make much of a difference. Since, your case had little complexity than normal cases I don't know if they would come up with something.

My cents.

ConcurrentFiler --- You need to do Ctrl + F5 with your browser long time back dates changed to 20th Dec, 2002 and by the time I will have interview dates will pass my RD/ND. On the other hand if you ever followed dates for USCIS you should know that rarely things go by dates.

lawyer

thanks prem... my problem is that i have to explain everything to a new lawyer which is what i am scared of. my lawyer in njersey says that with all the documentation i have and a detailed letter that he has given me i should be good.

will the lost 94 be a problem?. i have a receipt of the filing for a replacment but it takes 6 mnths.

I don't think lost I-94 would be a problem. Good Luck to you for your interview, share your experience after you are done.

thanks

PremChopra said:
I don't think lost I-94 would be a problem. Good Luck to you for your interview, share your experience after you are done.
thanks a couple of questions
i also have a only a copy of my medicals without the envelope the one with the envelope was sent to ins... do i need to get a sealed cover from the doctor?
should i also carry a copy of my ac 21 letter or just inform them that i had filed for AC 21 if asked. they have not asked for fotos should i take it anyway?

thanks will post my experience :) hopefully i will be in a good mood to post it